Will there ever be an Undertale Animated Series?

Oh, boy!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5wP3ypm1cbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=svE60ic4akE
youtube.com/watch?v=NpYqFJxVuBc
youtube.com/watch?v=_zSw1OgD8Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=PmZwKRloZFg
pastebin.com/aHqsDYUA
pastebin.com/uRDLLZSC
pastebin.com/q532z0v6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It could happen. It's popular with kids, I hear

I think it would be cute, but it would loose the "meta" elements that I think really make it special.

I hope not.
I feel the impact would be greatly diminished if it's experienced as something other than a game.

Underbronies are as bad as JoJobronies

Nothing can top jojobronies

The fandom is cancer, but the game was fun. The creator should licence/pitch a show to CN and a toy line will follow.

Then that nigga will be set for life as autistic 12 year olds demand mummy and daddy spend money buying the toys and countless hours watching the cartoon...

No. It would not translate well to another medium.

>attaching "bronies" to whatever you don't like
Kill yourself

Who would voice Muffet, and would there be any vore with her?

I'm sure this post is a joke because anybody who actually played Undertale would understand why an adaptation is a terrible idea.

It's inherently a video game.

Barneyfag

nope. wouldn't work. and no reason to do it.

first off, Toby Fox has shown no intention of doing anything like that, doesn't seem to have any interest in showing any more of the UnderTale canon than was presented in his game. he's an artist first and foremost.

secondly, it wouldn't translate well as previously stated in . the game heavily relies on playing on the player's imagination.

finally, even though it's reasonable to say he'd be set for life and that this would be a good financial move, to be honest, he's already pretty much set for life. sure, more money is always great, but the dude's shown he can pinch his pennies as he made the game on a 50K crowd-fund.

The game itself already felt like a Saturday morning cartoon to me

But an important part of the game's story is that it's a game. That doesn't translate to animation form.

Agreed. Your role in the game is central to the experience of the game.

From the sales I imagine he broke a million in profits.

the cancer is spreading

Hylics is better than memetale

Not to mention all the fangamer merch, figures, plushies etc. That shit probably still sells really well.

Go back to /indie/ you bitter zombie

It's funny how this game got people into wanting to fuck skeletons.

I was a skeleton fucker before it was cool.

I'd fuck

I'd just fuck

I I

Just

Your weird.

I sure hope not

never
thank god

they could give the main character more personality. in doing so, the story would be dumber as it leans away from showing to telling.

Half the appeal of Undertale depends on the intrinsic characteristics of the medium: saving, gaining experience, replay value, 100% completion, etc.

The other half, naturally, is in its cast's meme-tier characterizations.

At least JJBA is actually good.

This...

The concept of media evolution is outright retarded, and in this case, would significantly depreciate the value of property...

The Steins;Gate anime turned out alright. It can be done.

Fukken this

The only impact this game had was because of its mechanics, it's entirely character driven and has the vaguest of worldbuilding: good luck building a seasons worth of cartoon episodes outta that

Side character antics alone can do that. Just imagine reading all the game's dialogue out loud, and how long that would take.

Maybe as a mini-series, but I don't think an ongoing series would work well unless it were an episodic/slice-of-life kind of show.

It's bizarre that people can see this working as a cartoon. It would be just like many other cartoons like Spongebob and Star Vs

Some of us are old enough to remember Fraggle Rock.

Is this a non-shitpost undertale thread? What the fuck?

Let me fix that

>The PC with a defined character
>Giving everyone a VA
>Remembering previous playthroughs doesn't work in linear storytelling

It would be a bad time

i know its been stated already in this thread but I dont think a good adaptation is realistically possible. The game relies so much on player interaction that any version of this story without it is just a pale shadow of the game's experience

only if toby wants it
and he probably wont cause hes got a good head on his shoulders and knows this to be true

It'd probably have to take place after the Pacifist ending, and just be a sitcom about the monster's wacky interactions with human society.

So basically We Bare Bears, except with monsters instead of bears.

>that genocide episode that was ten minutes of static intercut with an empty void and ended with chara screaming at the audience
what the fuck

I can see a few possibilities of this happening

>Toby wants to write more lore and develop his new found claim to fame.

>Toby falls into dept after letting his Ol Drinking Buddy Andrew borrow some of his cash only to realize Andrew took his Credit Card

>Realizes that he can get more cash if he makes a cartoon

Realistically if he has some sort of artistic integrity, he'd probably make it a mini series that would Air on Adult Swim and would probably be a whole retelling of the Pacifist Route of the game

It'd start out as a pacifist run, then very dramatically veer towards normal end, with a few twists that aren't actually possible in the game. Kind of like Hunter x Hunter.

>Toby gets a cartoon
Hussie BTFO once again

youtube.com/watch?v=5wP3ypm1cbQ

>The girl is the manliest-looking one

>voices will instantly ruin the characters
>meta narrative would have not worked on in television
>not letting the series fade off
You are the faggots that is ruining everything good to the ground

I fucking hate this shit. And I know they didn't invent it, but I blame the fucking Homestuck fandom for making race swaps a big a fucking thing as they are, now.

I also hate when people try to act as though this shit is better for minority equality, too. Because holy fuck half the cast they just race swapped were already fucking minorities. They were almost all Asian or mixed race and now zero of them are. This is like when people do this shit with sailor moon because they think the girls are fucking white or whatever. Completely ignoring that one of them is a Shinto mother fucking priestess. And don't even get me started on whatever the fuck the Josuke is there. Fuck trans head canon trash. Fucking garbage people and garbage artists.

Undertale only works as a second person narrative with branching paths. If you take away that aspect of it you couldn't even call it Undertale anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=svE60ic4akE

I'm not justifying what they do at all, but asians are not minorities in the country Jojo was made in. A tumblrtard might argue that the point is to create overall diversity. And diversity means making everyone ambiguously brown. And often ugly, too.

Reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=NpYqFJxVuBc

>voices will instantly ruin the characters
You see, that's where you're wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=_zSw1OgD8Rc

>Undertale cartoon
>It's a "Toriel bends over and shows off her sweet ass" episode

There won't even be another Undertale game. This isn't fnaf the creator apparently isn't a sellout.

>Just imagine reading all the game's dialogue out loud, and how long that would take.
It would be fine until you go to Alphys' phonecalls

>meta narrative would not have worked in television

Is it wrong that I wouldn't mind seeing a gunslinger-like version of Undetale: Animated? Like, the series ends up going in an indefinite loop, with the end becoming the beginning? Or maybe like Evangelion vs Rebirth, with it being a little ambiguous as to whether everything is stuck in a loop?

Because in that regard it'd be pretty good.

Even better if you release season 2 (genocide run) as a re-run of season 1 (Neutral run) without telling anyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=PmZwKRloZFg
There's a bunch of guys working on an fan made series called "NewTale", however i'm willing to bet they won't make it past one episode.

this is bad

so it's basically glitch tale but less interesting because it doesn't involve the genocide route as canon?

>adapting the original story

No for all of the reasons already mentioned.

>telling other stories in this universe with these characters

I don't see why not.

>the episode where Papyrus gets a driver's license

I don't think Toby would ever make a show because he said himelf he doesn't want the game to be a soulless cash cow; which would in turn garner more hate from the underage children who scream everything is cancer and autistic, and also attract hatred from middle aged douchebags who "don't get it".

However, some guy on a /vg/ thread came up with 3 seasons worth of episode ideas that I thought were pretty interesting, so I guess this applies.

pastebin.com/aHqsDYUA

The only problem would be that they would probably need to have a short tv movie or miniseries to establish the original story for those who don't know.

Season 2
pastebin.com/uRDLLZSC

Season 3
pastebin.com/q532z0v6

The characters are cute and could hold up a mini series or something to that equivalent. Like everyone else mentions, it wouldn't really be Undertale when transferred to another medium, but there would be kiddies and fans to watch it and buy the toys for sure.

That is, if Toby was a sellout invested in milking his creation for all it's worth. Undertale, unlike Hometuck and FNAF, is mainly child friendly (unless some fucked 7 year old figures out how to go on a complete genocide run) and would probably be a lot more successful with normie audiences due to its cuteness and appealing characters. No swearing, positive messages about friendship, peace, forgiveness 'anyone can be good if they try' and all that. The simple designs lends themselves easily to mass-manufactured plushies and figures too.

But Toby isn't interested in that. I think he'd rather make a new good game.

>mainly child friendly
Even King Asgore "Your child's SOUL is my goal" Dreemurr?

A little dark, but not worse than anything you could find in Adevnture Time.

Undertale is garbage and it's dead.
No.

Kek

How did IPGD help with Bratty and Catty?

>Papyrus is angry at his plans being foiled
>Sans is an exasperated straight man instead of a joker
The voices are good, but the script seems to miss much of the characters' subtleties.

It's tumblr's fault, not Homestuck. How you can blame this guy's fandom for race swapping is beyond my understanding.

Nothing is wrong with bronies. I've socialized enough to know that they're much better than capeshitters.

It got real popular with Homestuck because the human characters lack any real skin colour and can easily be interpreted as whatever the reader wants.

I think Hussie sort of 'allowed' it to happen by saying the characters are whatever you want them to be in order to save his own ass when Tumblr began sperging about racial diversity.

>the human characters lack any real skin colour and can easily be interpreted as whatever the reader wants.
I guess these days, yes. But people who read Homestuck as the updates were released? No. You'd have to be retarded to interpret the characters as anything but white or maybe Asian in the case of Jade. Bro is specifically referred to as white and it's obvious because of artistic context that their trickster forms reflect their canon skin color, and Jane said she felt so Caucasian.

>I think Hussie sort of 'allowed' it to happen by saying the characters are whatever you want them to be in order to save his own ass when Tumblr began sperging about racial diversity.
When did he say that? What is the exact quote? I think I've seen every formspring post and never saw that. Source please.

not him but hussie definitely originally wrote the characters as white (though he's also said he viewed jade as asian) before later pretending they were aracial all along

He had a tumblr blog which is now deleted where he made this statement and tried to calm down/actively participated in the drama, but obviously he saw them as white when he began it, because like you mention, the characters are directly described as being pale/white kids several times. As a joke he even even changed some of those description in the comic for a time while the drama was going on.

I legit think anyone who claims they saw Dave, Bro or Rose as anything put pale pasty kids the moment the were introduced are lying.

That's a characterization of Andrew on it. I think a lot of what steps he took post Act 4 were based on fleshing out his main concept with mspaintadventures; mainly, basing something on reader suggestions. The characters being more open ended allows for fans to imagine them in different ways. And, for Andrew, it was important to defend the validity of different interpretations as it delved further into reader involvement. It was a means of expanding the story beyond what he himself produced. And I think this is what lead him to the point of basically letting others write and draw Homestuck at its end. He had done his part. It was better for the fans to finish the work.

You can debate how well this came off. But I think almost every decision Andrew made with the story ultimately boiled down to expanding reader involvement. Part of why we got this "everyone is gay" ending is that everyone had been seemingly heterosexual before. It had more to do with expanding every character into new possibilities than it did with making everyone gay, if that makes sense. With the exception of Rose and Kanaya, every relationship was sort of up in the air near the end. With the new writer of Homestuck being the one to decidedly define everyone as gay. In part being an anti-Trump response. Which Andrew probably views something along the lines of "Eh, those who imagine the characters as heterosexual need a lot less story defense than those who see them as homosexual. The hetero-canon fans will be just fine."

Peoples have wanted to fucks goats long before Toriels mades it popular.

When did he say the jade thing? Do you know where I can find a screencap?

Have you seen the statement yourself? I thought every tumblr post he made was archived and I've never seen that.

>the new writer of Homestuck
???

>Pol
>Only one in the picture who could be conceivably made black
>Stays white

For fuck sake

fat black dave will never not be funny

>iktf
at least it got people to start making more skeleton lewds.
i still remember when it was basically only jack fucking skellington and his stupid round not skull shaped skull.

Is Dirk some kind of gibbon?
Literally what did they mean by this?

Honestly, nothing can ever compare to bronies you 12 year old little shit.

Eh it's a long time ago, but I remember reading it in a Tumblr post were he adressed the whole thing - something like 'it's up to the reader, I won't control how fans interpret the characters'. And then something about how he made the designs to be as ambiguous/simple as possible so they're fun for fans to get creative with.

Which I think this is true in regards to fanartists applying their own style to the characters and having fun with the designs, but I don't think he was thinking about 'racial diversity' when creating it at any point.

Nothing's wrong with bronies. This is a board full of grown men who collect and read comic books.

>implying bronies and Sup Forums can't both be faggots

My point is pot, meet kettle

Speaking of which, Hussie even said that Dave himself is blonde, and that all the kids have been described to "blush pink" and "pink-skinned babies" by almost every troll.
Pic related was from his old formspring.

Part 2

That's a lot of evidence in your picture but do you remember in which act the kids were described to "blush pink?" I don't remember that.

>Despite all the bullshit, Okuyasu and FF make it out alright.

DON'T BULLY THE FF! SHE IS BEST GIRL!

>she
>girl
it's a colony of plankton

Your point?

Besides, FF is still in a female body, so them being best girl is still totally on the table.

I mean, her only real competition is Jolyne and Hermes, by which I mean her only competition is Jolyne.