Thunderbolts #8

Storytiming it again just for the sake of posting in its own thread unlike the two times it was posted yesterday.

Other urls found in this thread:

www10.zippyshare.com/v/ppZLEW2S/file.html
www10.zippyshare.com/v/RAaz5qJw/file.html
www74.zippyshare.com/v/nMvUpWIz/file.html
www88.zippyshare.com/v/rWOULHSS/file.html
www60.zippyshare.com/v/pdo83EBk/file.html
www82.zippyshare.com/v/BQrNqOEf/file.html
www74.zippyshare.com/v/nFPR7Hx8/file.html
www4.zippyshare.com/v/x7c6RuCf/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For free or for a fee?

For you

So will this get dragged out to the Hydra event or will it get cancelled before?

Hydra event is starting soon, there's even a "Classified: Prelude" on the March solicits

Hydra event starts this summer, so they'll probably keep it around and just relaunch it after its Hydra War tie-in.

Hopefully they'll relaunch it with a better creative team. Wasn't this supposed to get a Monsters Unleashed tie-in?

This was actually a better, less Bucky-centric issue but I still feel Zub is pretty off on how he writes the 'Bolts. It's like he gets how the character should be, but can't execute it well.

Hoping for Spencer since Cap Falcon book is giving all the red flags of a final arc

The Bolts are starting to become recognizable as themselves and their interactions are actually pretty decent, but Zub has completely failed to build a meaningful relationship between them and Bucky + Kobik and this entire thing still feels like a rudderless Bucky circlejerk.

>this entire thing still feels like a rudderless Bucky circlejerk

thats mostly what it is and was designed to be.

At least Spencer has shown that he can write a good Fixer and MACH.

there is something in this art that reminds me of Liefeld.

I know and it has soured me on Bucky.

Something? Try fucking everything, down to the lack of feet.

The artist was mentored by Liefeld, actually.

LOL, had to read the cover twice to make sure it wasn't liefeld

Thunderbolts 001 (2016) (5 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www10.zippyshare.com/v/ppZLEW2S/file.html

Thunderbolts 002 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www10.zippyshare.com/v/RAaz5qJw/file.html

Thunderbolts 003 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www74.zippyshare.com/v/nMvUpWIz/file.html

Thunderbolts 004 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www88.zippyshare.com/v/rWOULHSS/file.html

Thunderbolts 005 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www60.zippyshare.com/v/pdo83EBk/file.html

Thunderbolts 006 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www82.zippyshare.com/v/BQrNqOEf/file.html

Thunderbolts 007 (2017) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www74.zippyshare.com/v/nFPR7Hx8/file.html

Thunderbolts 008 (2017) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www4.zippyshare.com/v/x7c6RuCf/file.html

Even then I feel all that was really good in this issue was Atlas and Songbird's interactions. He's a bit blunt with the others.

Anyone wanna take bets on which team members Zub is planning to off? My bet is on Abe.

Every member that isn't Bucky

There's a reason Malin is called Liefeld Jr.

Relatively safe kills would be Abner or Erik. The "fuck you" option would be Moonstone, because that just seals this run as shitting on her - but it might happen if she comes around to realising she's been mindwiped. More complex in plotting but not really controversial would be Fixer - and that's possible in a Zemo conflict because Zemo and Fixer do sometimes butt heads. Songbird would be second most controversial. Most controversial would be Bucky, but it'd also kill the book so lol, not happening.

They wouldn't kill Songbird. They can't possibly be stupid enough to kill Songbird. She's the face of the Thunderbolts.

I'm not worried. I mean, I bet it will involve their deaths and Kobik bringing them back.

Kobik is almost certainly gonna be involved in their resurrection but it would also prove that they are nothing but props for Bucky's character development.