"Villain" wants to kill an utter asshole who fucked him over and deserves to die

>"Villain" wants to kill an utter asshole who fucked him over and deserves to die.
>"Hero" goes out of his/her way to stop the villain from getting his/her justified revenge so the asshole who started it can go to jail to be spanked.

Enough with this meme show.

>"Heroine" is either a selfish bitch or actually causes the problems.
>Is viewed as a "strong female role model".

Mabel, right?

Is this based on something specific?

>we are waiting for important bigshot character to be introduced
>we are at a bar or some place
>main character engages in small talk with barman/janitor/low worker
>main character talks shit about bigshot to the janitor
>it turns out the janitor was the bigshot all along
is cheezy but i like it

>Mr. Freeze
>Clayface
>Riddler
>The moral of Big Hero 6.

>Villain kills people constantly.
>Goes to jail or asylum where nothing bad happens to them.
>Villain keeps breaking out to kill more and more people.
>This happens a hundred times.
>The death count is in the tens of thousands, children are abundant amongst the victims.
>Someone tries to kill the villain.
>Hero tries to stop them "No, you'll be just like them!"
>Spare villain yet again.
>They break out again and double the kill count.
"Heroes" like this enrage me to no end, why is the mass murdering villain more important than everyone else, most of all his victims?

You know full well who I am talking about.

NFL Superpro?

What's more ironic is that the villains are actually much more "likable" that idiots who refuse to kill since at least they don't try to be egocentric asses who think of themselves better than others.

It's that reason why I'm more of a Marvel guy than a DC guy. They don't try to shove the whole "If you kill someone regardless of how many people they kill and how many times they escape from some shitty prison, you're worse than Hitler!" bullshit down your throat.

Hell, I don't think I can now watch certain episodes of BTAS anymore due to how much of a self-centered prick Bats acts in those aformentioned episodes.

I really hated how they said exactly that in Arkham City. Batman comments how if he saves Joker he's just gonna break out and kill a shitload more people, then says he'd still have saved him. Like, what the fuck?

>That Batman/Punisher comic where Batman stops Frank from killing the Joker and tells him to run, even after Frank offered to finally end him.

It makes sense in a light hearted work, but so many stories are determined to make Batman's rogues (Joker in particular) edgy MegaHitlers that the mental gymnastics required to make Batman keep these marketable characters alive makes me really start to dislike the character.

Compare this to someone like Flash's or Spiderman's rogues, while dangerous (and they've all done murders over the years) it would feel strange and out of tone were the hero to start killing them.

>it would feel strange and out of tone were the hero to start killing them.
No it wouldn't. They are still murderers and also will never change their ways because of status quo. They deserve to die as much as any other villain.

What I'm saying is it isn't as weird if the story is lighter. Flasher and Spidey stories aren't usually as dark as Batman's. You see a story where Captain Cold or Sandman rob a bank and you can't really say you want to see them get killed, its all just good fun (at least to us readers).

Sure they'll break out again, but its just another adventure, not an orphanage getting blown up or something.

You know what's even worse? When the hero finally DOES put the shitbag out of everyone's misery, the cops and everyone tries to kill the hero with far more force than they EVER did against the villain. I'm looking at you, Gotham PD.

At least a fair amount of Spidey and Flash's rogues are just petty crooks out to make a quick buck, instead of super-powered psychopaths who happily kill innocent people regulary and escape from shitty prisons easily. Who knows since they're not that malicious, they might turn over a new leaf and use their powers for something that matters.

Guys like Green Goblin and Professor Zoom need to be killed on-sight though.

Which is why when stories involving these mass murderers are more succinct and thrilling. Take the Sin Eater arc that Peter David wrote during his Spider-Man run. Sin Eater is just a normal Joe with a sawn-off shotgun, but you get the feeling that something is inherently wrong and plain evil. Not "my name is carnage and I can only get it up when I kill anymore" kind (which can still be pulled off if done right) , but more along that someone so normal in nature can be so fucked up.

With people like Joker, or hell, Lobo, the ultraviolence and mental gymnastics become samey and desensitizing. There's no... Like, Ju ne se qous, or pizazz or pinache.

What could Joker conceivably do nowadays that would take anyone that isn't a normie by surprise?

>Implying Marvel doesnt do this shit

Marvel is a lot nire preachy than DC.

Is King Harkinkan the greatest animated character?

Undeniably. But not the King of the Sunday Funnies

>that Punisher arc where Spider-Man throws a hissy fit about him killing villains and sics the Avengers on him

At least they don't have the REEAAAALLLLY dangerous villains like Green Goblin and Red Skull constantly going to jail and breaking out again and again.

the cops and everyone tries to kill the hero with far more force than they EVER did against the villain.
This makes me think back to civil war and how shield were rounding up all these heroes as if they were mass murderers, but would never mobilize that effectively against any actual threats.

Yes. They do. Hell, sometimes they even glorify their crimes.

It's like how in Back to the Future 3, a rather light-hearted movie, they cut out a scene where the villain shoots a man in the back because they realized audiences wouldn't be satisfied with Marty refusing to kill him in the duel at the end.

>villain gets captured
>begs for mercy
>has to scrub all the floors in the kingdom before mercy will be discussed

Yeah they just have them in charge of SHIELD from time to time.

I think lighthearted works are okay to have villains not getting killed, but only if the villains don't succeed at killing people all the time.

There's definitely some legitimate reasons a person wouldn't want to kill - the cops are less likely to go after a guy who ties the villains up for them than one who leaves bodies, or they just don't think they have the right to kill a guy - but I do think once you start having regular killings happening in a work, you at least have to treat it like a good cop, where they'd prefer to take them down non-lethally but will still cap a guy if a life is in immediate danger. It's more challenging to a character anyway if they have to wrestle with that.

But shit like "If you kill him you'll be just like him" is still stupid.

Kek.

But Flash and spider-man have both killed.