Burned In Eastern Europe: 88731283

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e6VF_US6YG0
twitter.com/jasonosia/status/916775296757653504
youtube.com/watch?v=67qiRyJ35nw
youtu.be/pT8K5Uqc8Wc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Burned In Eastern Europe:

Writing exercise from last thread! Chinball shits the bed with Series 11 and you've been tasked with writing season 12 with a whole new doctor.

What type of Doctor would you prefer?

Write episode titles for 13 episodes:

So, how can we make Thirteen awesome?

dcr who r gay

hey /who/, when did you drop sarah dollard?

for me it's when she started not only supporting a relationship between a 16 year old and someone in their mid-20's on her twitter, but openly implying that she finds it personally arousing

seriously shocked me, considering how vocal and sensible she is about social issues usually

Watching The Armageddon Factor.
>Doctor: "Where's your optimism?"
>Romana: "It opted out."
Kek, great line. Above the usual standard for this season.

Did the last thread die?

Yes.

Proof of what you mean?

You're doing that thing where you entertain a non Doctor Who related post that will derail the thread if you keep at it

It's about a Who writer, so it's still related.

Who here likes Polly?

Whatever you say, if you really think getting into an argument about Sarah Dollard's social and political views is what makes for a good /who/ thread, go for it

What episode was this?

New audio?

Yes it's out friend, finished it yesterday, a few threads back

New ST2 audio finally finished!

The War of the Doctor

youtu.be/e6VF_US6YG0

What if the Bad Wolf tried to "fix" the Doctor, but in the process splintered off dozens of alternate timelines that explained inconsistencies like 8 originally regenerating into 9, or the Doctor originally actually using the Moment? Spoilers for 8’s audios. 1 hour, 10 minutes.

I also may have a surprise in an hour or two.

This just brought to my mind:

Someone should write a Shit Trips entry about a Who fan watching episodes from alternate universes, and the episodes getting weirder and weirder as they keep on watching.

Hard Mode: Make a Thirteen audio using clips from past Whittaker episodes and TV shows.

lel, I might try something like that for ST3. Could even combine it with your above idea and use all the Who characters from Broadchurch, Rory, 13, 1, 10, etc.

>Proof of what you mean?
there's a movie coming out called "call me by my name" based on a novel. it's about a relationship between a 17 year old boy and a 24 year old man. dollard's been hype about it and went to the premiere and said she "adored" it

twitter.com/jasonosia/status/916775296757653504

she retweeted this tweet where the lead actor justifies it by using age of consent laws. she also retweeted gifs from the movie with comments like "sedate me now" and called them her "favourite soft bisexual boys" and that when watching it she did lots of "wistful sighs". it's all there on her twitter

creepy stuff imo, definitely thought she was sensible enough to know that romanticizing relationships between grown adults and underage people is Not Good. disappointed, i really liked her and her writing

You should do it!

How do we "fix" S10?

I don't even like Dollard, but it sounds like you're making a huge fuss over nothing. Relationships with 17-year olds are legal almost everywhere in the western world, and they're not even that uncommon with people in their early 20s.

>Relationships with 17-year olds are legal
yeah, that's the shitty excuse they're using too.

if your moral code is based on the law, then you don't actually have a moral code

Give Hartnell some medication and film nearby his house so he can do some scenes together with Troughton and Pertwee.
Hire David Whitaker to write Planet of the Daleks.
Make Frontier in Space and The Green Death into 4-parters so they have better pacing, with an extra story added in that space (maybe one written by Houghton or Dicks).
Tell Delgado never to go to Turkey.

Good answer.

Yeah that's unironically pretty much the answer.

So why haven't you been watching Build /who/

>if your moral code is based on the law, then you don't actually have a moral code
>calls a 17-year old a "boy" and a 24-year-old a "man" just because the first is slightly younger than 18
Pick one and only one.
17 years are enough to understand what getting into a sexual relationship with someone that's only a few years older means.

Currently waiting for the next episode.

I'm low-key nagging Immigrant plus trying to convert people if I can

I watched a couple episodes, and it's all right. I like some of the KRs I've seen (Agito, Ex-Aid, Gaim, Fourze) and disliked others (Kiva, Wizard, Ghost). I know it'll never happen, but I wish Kamen Rider went back to the Kuuga-Agito days when the belts didn't talk, the humor was dry instead of wacky and loud, and the mythos behind the plot was more high-concept.

Have you bought rider belts

Who else got some ear kino?

Nah I'm more of an SHF guy than a gadget guy and I haven't bought any of those in years mostly because they're expensive and I'm into too many things

Build has been the closest to early Heisei they've been in a long time, Sento straight Porcupine Grongi'd Blood Stalk this week

the ghost light score was fucking great

I used to collect them (mostly loose and secondhand), then I moved to Gunpla since it was easier to find.

Maybe if I found some similarly loose sonics I'd swipe 'em up but as it stands most sonics come new.

neos silence speaks volumes

Ghost Light was the second classic story I ever saw, I was 6 or 7 and somehow enjoyed it. I haven't seen it since and that would have been in 2005.

Ghost Kino

Ghost Light...the second face this face saw...

Didn't Neo say he didn't watch much anime beyond Miyazaki movies? I don't think Kamen Rider would suit his fancy if that were the case.

I knew a guy who kept telling me never to watch Ghost Light because it was incomprehensible garbage, kept harping on that it was too fast-paced. Then I watched it and thought it was great. Had the kind of pacing much of Classic Who sorely lacked.

first on screen appearance of a banana

I have lots of gunplas too but my 1/12 scale figure shelf is a special kind of clusterfuck and the Riders certainly help

Still waiting for mine in the mail, because it's released next month.

forgot pic

I think Neo would like Fourze.

Hell I think this whole general would like Fourze.

Post collection

I dunno is it really all that different from Who beyond having toys that aren't trash

I ordered mine on Ebay ages ago and it was cancelled for some reason. It was released in September?

That's right. I want to watch Evangelion at some point though. I did binge all of GITS (SAC and Arise and everything) over some sleepless days once. I only particularly liked the two OG movies though, I was trying to be completionist about it for a different reason.
I just generally really, really, really prefer live action over animated stuff.

I mean I gotta warn you the Riders are way in the back because I've gotten most of the other things more recently, there's a lot of Star Wars up front

6 inch Doctor Who figures fuuuuucking when

Unless you mean the Gunplas in which case they take up too many shelves although I do have one for favorite series

Why did you order from ebay and not BF? Cheaper shipping?

End of Evangelion > Neon Genesis Evangelion

>EOE english bluray release when

>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Neon
>Neo
Something tells me he'll prefer it

But Kamen Rider is live action you goob

Neo go watch Spaceman it has friendship and shit

Gunplas.
Also I'm thinking of picking up either the Hyaku Shiki 2.0 or the Zeta 2.0 to start up my Gundam team display, what do you think should I get

I thought I was following the conversation of
>Didn't Neo say he didn't watch much anime beyond Miyazaki movies?
My bad.

>tfw never be able to have indepth discussions about Legend of the Galactic Heroes with /who/

Not my scale, I only have MGs of my favorite designs like Turn A or Proto Zero or The Origin

Yeah those shelves are all too long, my phone takes awful horizontal pics for whatever reason

What would Doctor Who be like if Hideaki Anno was the showrunner?

>Uses up the entire budget before the end of the first series

It was being used as a reason why you might not karate bugmen, but that's fair

Rory cums on Amy's chest

I wonder what Anno thinks of Doctor Who. He likes British scifi shows like UFO, so I think he'd at least know about Who.

>/who/ is now about Japanese media

Proud of the work we did here today

Have we seen the new Shada trailer yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=67qiRyJ35nw

UFO is utter kino, how can one man be so based

Huh, I don't know!
>SURPRISE GUEST WRITER; HIDEAKI ANNO

Also while I'm visiting reminder that books and all that

Doctor Who is dead.

It loos a little more fluid than the Power animation, but it seems like they could've gotten a better job if they outsourced to another studio.

But we already have a perfect version of Shada

>This is now Evangelion/Doctor Who meme thread

>I also may have a surprise in an hour or two.
It's been 2 hours?

I was perfectly content with the book. If they could do this, than what else are they going to do? Animate a Big Finish audio and release it on DVD?

Probably be another hour or so, will definitely be today, don't worry I'll let you know when (you don't even know what it is!).

They have actually (albeit partially) done that, with a few Davros audios on the Davros boxset.

We sure fucking do

How many times has Lalla Ward been asked to redo Shada? She's done the McGann version, the audiobook version, the Levine version, and now this.

What if someone combined the linking footage with the new fully-voiced animation?

What would you think that means eh?

Shada is fucking boring - discuss.

What's an audio that would be cool to see as a cartoon?

I would enjoy Night Thoughts as an EPISODE but as a cartoon I'd go for something like Gods & Monsters, The Zygon Who Fell to Earth or Horror of Glam Rock.

f u c k it, I laughed irl

Any Eight audio, please, just give Eight more content :(

t. Nilso

you know it bitch

If you count every Dirk Gently, Shada's been adapted dozens of fucking times.

There already is an 8 audio 'cartoon'

So... should I watch NGE?

I could tell too, since he mentions Night Thoughts and Horror of Glam Rock a lot

probably but it's quite average IMO

End of Evangelion is utter kino though.

We don't count that. It's as animated as a corpse.

Where, pls gib

Yes, watch it just so that you can appreciate the kino that is End of Evangelion ->

youtu.be/pT8K5Uqc8Wc

The WarDoc stories I feel would be improved by actually seeing what is happening, I feel.

Also, Exhaustion from Having Sex With a Minor by Ben Croshaw

>9:18
aaaAAAAA GET AWAY, GET AWAY, BAD TOUCH

Recons without a single telesnap have more animation than this.

>mentions it a lot
Oh, so now 35 times every day is "a lot"?

Be careful what you wish for!