Watchmen hated by critics, 8 years later hailed as one of the best superhero films ever made

>Watchmen hated by critics, 8 years later hailed as one of the best superhero films ever made
>Man of Steel hated by critics, now considered one of the best origin stories ever
>BvS hated by critics, now fans are going crazy that JL isn't done by Snyder

Has there ever been another director as unfairly treated by critics as Zack Snyder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZE5sEgqruU
thedigitaltheater.wetransfer.com/downloads/40c2ca301a39ee3a38c246ca00920ef420171009223558/37b7b4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one thinks watchmen is the best anything ever made, no one thinks MoS is one of the best origin stories ever and no one is upset that Snyder didn't do JL. Just saying shit that isn't true doesn't make it become reality, DC Pajeet.

>no one is upset that Snyder didn't do JL.
This whole board is upset, for example

Ive watched all of snyders films in theaters, and the only one i regret was the weird mental instituion one.

He makes good eye candy and turns capeshit into entertaining fights while marvel keeps making the same film over and over(i loved spiderman and winter soldier tho).

Ill keep seeing what snyder puts out until he burns me for a second time.

>b-but Pajeet
>meanwhile Homecoming would've flopped hard without Pajeet pandering
Marvel is the true pajeet

no one likes man of steel

Anyone who hated Watchmen needs to be put on a pleb watchlist and barred from attending movie theaters

I loved watchmen, but wouldn't say it's the greatest movie or anything. I generally hate Zack Snyder, but watchmen is decent. Man of steel and batman vs superman are absolute trash though.

All Snyder films have higher audience ratings than critics ratings.

All Marvel movies, the opposite is true.

Man of Steel would have been fine if the 20 minute Krypton segment at the beginning wasn't in the movie. Yeah, it's cool, but we have to listen to Jor El and Zod explain the whole thing twice after we've already watched it. It's 20 minutes that would have been better spent with Superman

so its considered one of the best origin stories ever made because of a 75% audience rating on rotten tomatoes.

Watchmen is without a doubt Zack Snyder's best movie, but even though I personally like the film that still doesn't say very much. It's mainly because David Hayter found a clever way to adapt the ending and they both stayed fairly close to the source material as it was anyway.

15 MCU films have less impact on me than just one scene from MoS. 15 films.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg

Once you get hit hard by critics, it's always going to be an uphill battle to win the audiences over now influenced by the poor reviews. The difference between critics and audience is more telling really.

I think all of that actually. Watchmen kicked ass, MoS is underrated, BvS is debatable (i liked it), and Snyder should have finished JL and moved on from DC bullshit.

critics are self absorbed dickbags.

people who determine their watching habits through numales and manchildren opinions should be necked.

said no one
sage

i agree with you pal.

marvel movies are the ones you can leave on while you do something else, man of steel and bvs require you to be in a different type of mood, same as all the nolan films.

your mommas pussy smells like sage

Watchmen is garbage. Man of Steel was fun enough for one viewing in cinema but I just rewatched it two days ago and it doesn't hold up at all, there's just too much wrong with it to really get immersed. Also, I have to be honest, Cavill's acting was wooden. It was better in BvS but then that movie is way worse so I kind of feel sorry for him, growing into his role too late.

Snyder is a complete fucking hack. Literally the one redeeming quality of him is that he's not afraid to do long slow motion shots, but then again I have a feeling he's just mimicking The Matrix every time he does it, and Nolan does it better.

Why are you lying?
Nobody considers those film to be anything but mediocre capeshit.

>his films always drew controversy upon release, taking years for people to understand their complexity
Is He dare I say, /ourKubrick/?

Not me.
Snyder is overrated

>reeee stop he's hack just let Disney rip off his work in peace so nobody notices

>homecoming flopped
Nice meme

>youtube.com/watch?v=2ZE5sEgqruU
Only scene I like in Watchmen is this

Bullshit

t. triggered Virgin

Is recommend seeing the Extended Cut of Sucker Punch. MPAA censorship drained all the substance out of the story.

Point me to a single film that had a 90% audience approval on RT with a rotten score.

You can't. People are colored by the opinions of others. This is why everyone hailed TFA as the greatest SW film ever during the premiere and two years later nobody likes it. People are easily impressionable because we've evolved as social beings influenced by our peers.

>mfw actually ended up enjoying Sucker Punch
>mfw going online and see that its two best scenes were deleted in the theatrical cut

100% correct.

Boondocks Saints

>>Watchmen hated by critics, 8 years later hailed as one of the best superhero films ever made
What the fuck universe are you living in?

Super Troopers

Tommy Boy

The Five Heartbeats

>This whole board

Five WB interns constantly spamming the board with nonsense is not the whole board, they are an incredibly loud minority though. Definitely earning their pennies per post.

Rad

Shottas

Pure Country

Watchmen, MoS and BvS are unironically kino.

Even his Dawn of the Dead remake was actually good, albeit obviously not nearly as good as the original.

>Watchmen hated by critics, 8 years later hailed as one of the best superhero films ever made
>Man of Steel hated by critics, now considered one of the best origin stories ever

Both of these are false though

>b-but marvel
Pot meet kettle

fpbp

And who do you suppose will be left to watch the watchlist, ADHD-riddled Watchmen apologists?

WB interns would shill harder for Jenkins and Whedon though since they are the future of the DCEU. Try harder mouseshill.

I agree, no MCU film has ever made me physically nauseous. That's a brave new frontier.

DotD is the only movie he's made that doesn't shit itself in some capacity. He started off so well, 300 is laughable but was entertaining enough and very influential visually. He was one or two re-reads away from understanding what watchmen was actually about and delivering what could have been a truly great superhero flick. Then sucker punch happened and he just seemed to fall off a cliff.

thedigitaltheater.wetransfer.com/downloads/40c2ca301a39ee3a38c246ca00920ef420171009223558/37b7b4

Imagine being Snyder's DP and having to frame his Jesus shots, all the while thinking to yourself that you've seen better stuff from college students.

Zack Snyder is a retard. He does not have have a single original thought, idea or image in his head.

Everything he does is ripped out of a comic from the 80s or 90s. That's fine with something like 300, which never had that much going on between the ears to begin with, but then he started making films based on good comics, great comics even...

Watchmen superficially adapted the comic nearly frame for frame but showed a complete lack of understanding of the tone, morality and message of the comic.

Man of Steel is a mess of images and ideas ripped out of Superman: Birthright, All-Star Superman, John Byrne's Man of Steel, the fucking 1978 Superman film and it rips the climax off of Miracleman. The Miracleman ripoff is most disturbing; in it the city is destroyed by the superheroes and is played for the existential horror that it would be. In Man of Steel there's nothing. Clark Kent gets a job at the Daily Planet. Whoop de fucking do.

Don't get me started on BVS

shills just carpetbomb, it's the best strategy for internet work. See the star wars threads at the moment. The WB shills have all those carefully crafted cliff notes about how BvS was 'deep' that obviously had a lot of work put in to them, would be a shame to waste them so they just repeat them ad nauseum, it's been an impressive 18 montha.

It always astounds me to see MCUcks make these lengthy posts for no reason at all but to display their blatant idiocy.

It takes one to know one, eh? You prepared those Thor: Ragnaquip threads yet?

Miracleman is so fucking based.

I said 'look at the star wars threads' but whatever helps you reconcile with the fact you let studio interns govern your tastes brainlet

Nah I fucking hate Marvel.

Zack's fucking worse though.

It's like chosing between eating at McDonalds and eating a sandwhich that's been left on the floor of a truck-stop bathroom

>Zack's fucking worse though.
Sure if you're visually illiterate and mentally retarded, yes. Anyone who can count to two will agree that Snyder has had a more positive impact on film than the fucking quip generator that is the MCU. Snyder's only mistake trying to turn back the tides again to authorship.

Keep defend the mouse machine though.

Nothing a critic ever says, past or present matters to fucking anybody.

Yeah. The real ending of Man of Steel

>go check the MoS rotten score to prove wrong
>see this

ITS NOT FUN IS NOT A VALID CRITICISM YOU ABSOLUTE PLEBS

>not enough quips
>it's too long
>I didn't laugh once
These are the people that got Snyder fired. These motherfucker clueless dogs.

Yeah no.

Look, I hate Zack Snyder because he takes comics I loved, dumbs them the fuck down and makes them appeal to you.

And fuck Marvel too. They're shit but for different reasons

How about people start posting proof that DCucks are pajeets?

Sure, there are some Marvel poo in loos. But we all know that its self-hating pajeets who were DCshilling on this board

And as far as "positive impact on film" goes...

All his visuals are taken from comics from over 20 years ago. AND HE FUCKS THEM UP.

When people see the image of Batman in the armoured suit fighting Superman, they're not thinking of the epic final battle as shown in The Dark Knight Returns...

They're thinking of Batman yelling 'MARTHA' at Superman in one of the stupidest film scenes in recent memory.

And that's bad.

We're never gonna get a Dark Knight Returns movie now, cause the second anyone sees Batman in the armoured batsuit they're gonna be snickering

why isn't it

>muh Martha
>muh no Reagan puppet Superman
I want pseudo-fans to off themselves

He intimidates Marvel nu-males with his strong morals and faith.

You don't get it. He makes the imagery better by googling 'best pietas' and shoving the imagery in even if the context doesn't ring true.

People who unironically watch capeshit of any kind should be hanged

>and Nolan does it better.

Nolan's action scenes are fucking terrible because he only does one take for everything and hates to show the actors doing stunts.

>Zack Snyder is le based conservative (but not really) and family man (whos daughter blew her brains out lmao)

Reminder that Zack Snyder isn't a script-writer.

He never dumbed down a comic book.

What page of the Civil War comics had this scene in it?

For him, like Stanley Kubrick before him, it's show. Not tell. He doesn't believe in spoon-feeding plot points and spelling out character arcs. He shows them on film and only uses a little bit of dialogue and exposition, which isn't always necessary anyway. In BvS, I knew the pain and sorrow Superman felt when those people died in the bombing and his reaction was far more powerful than any words that can be spoken. I knew Batman's smoke pellets were lined with lead (Superman being unable to see him on the roof) because during the training montage, he wrote the atomic formula for "lead" on them. That's Snyder's thing. He doesn't prioritize visuals over story. His visuals ARE the story. Rather than rely on a straightforward narrative with typical, generic, and predictable on-the-nose execution, he relies on actor performances, emphasized camera shots, lighting, framing, costumes, set designs, location specifics, symbolism, sound effects, and the attention span of the audience (even though not all of them have a significant amount of such). Like I said, Kubrick was the same way and just like Snyder, he was hated and misunderstood until enough time passed and people started to look at his work in a new light. The same is happening now to this day. I've already met several people who went from hating BvS to loving it passionately

>b-b-b-but marvelllllllll
he didn't mention marvel, he's talking about Snyder's handling of source material. Get a grip.

>tfw BRAVO Nolan made better capeshit than Marvel and DC

>he
You can stop concern troll now marvel poo

It's funny when you talk to people who dislike BvS, it usually takes a sentence or two to convince them to like it. Friends gone from absolutely loathing it to now liking it. The trappings of 21th century social media peer pressure. Mankind wants to fit in. So we repeat the opinions of others in the hope that we'll also fit in and feel validated. Usually those opinions are of little thought but the fact that you share them is what makes it important.

This is what's happening to various college campuses in America where American youth signs up on crazy leftist rhetoric because that's what their surrounding is echoing. The ideals doesn't matter, the environment does. All to fit in. All done without one even noticing it.

This basic psychology is why Disney is investing millions upon millions in controlling the narrative on social media. Control the narrative, and you might just convince idiots like TFA for a whole year until the sequel drops and they forget about the previous one.

>For him, like Neil Breen before him, it's show. Not tell. He doesn't believe in spoon-feeding plot points and spelling out character arcs. He shows them on film and only uses a little bit of dialogue and exposition, which isn't always necessary anyway. In BvS, I knew the pain and sorrow Superman felt when those people died in the bombing and his reaction was far more powerful than any words that can be spoken. I knew Batman's smoke pellets were lined with lead (Superman being unable to see him on the roof) because during the training montage, he wrote the atomic formula for "lead" on them. That's Snyder's thing. He doesn't prioritize visuals over story. His visuals ARE the story. Rather than rely on a straightforward narrative with typical, generic, and predictable on-the-nose execution, he relies on actor performances, emphasized camera shots, lighting, framing, costumes, set designs, location specifics, symbolism, sound effects, and the attention span of the audience (even though not all of them have a significant amount of such). Like I said, Breen was the same way and just like Snyder, he was hated and misunderstood until enough time passed and people started to look at his work in a new light. The same is happening now to this day. I've already met several people who went from hating BvS to loving it passionately

>console wars thread
Please take your fellating of huge MNCs and pretentions that mass market, by the numbers pop culture popcorn fare is somegow transcendental to

The only part that gets me in MCU is Captain Americas "Im with you till the end of the line" sentence to Winter Soldier

>blew her brains out lmao
edgy third-world pajeetposting

lel

Cowboy Bebop

>Has there ever been another director as unfairly treated by critics as Zack Snyder?

Is it really surprising that the most powerful man in the world should be a figure of controversy ?

professional critics are paid shills or narcissistic pretentious faggots

Thanks for saving the thread, haven't read this is years.