Citizens of Sup Forums, you have been deceived

Citizens of Sup Forums, you have been deceived.

Amon is a waterbender!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bmKaQqinWKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Drown him!

"Evidence? Surely you don't expect us to just take your word for it?"

NANI

No I'm not.

Amon, not user.

I saw it too, actually.

>Oh well, I guess we'll all just fuck off after taking over the city and finally fighting back against the section of the population magically gifted with superpowers who have quite easily kept us under their thumb for generations via the simple fact they can throw fireballs and we can't.

>Seriously, what, you think we're just going to give up and wander off if he turns out to be a bender and pretend that's totally what would happen to disenfranchised revolutionaries?

>How stupid do you think everyone is!?

Okay, let's say I believe the water bender accusing the guy of being a water bender too. Where's the proof? How does it invalidate his actions up to this point?

I mean, the guy has been disempowering benders, he has been making them equal to regular joes, sure there's some losses here and there but it also takes out criminals who abuse their bending powers.

Whatsmore he's set up youth organizations to get young people who might turn to hoodlumism off of the streets and into martial arts, forming community relations that get lost otherwise in a large city.

You think we'd just abandon him and his ideals because he has powers? We fucking know he has powers!

Well, how would people react if, for example, a leader of the Black Panthers or something turned out to be a white guy in blackface.

Wait, didn't that happen with some woman last year?

>how do you know he is a water bender?

>We fucking know he has powers!

That shit blew my fucking mind.

They saw him take people's bending away. They know he has some sort of power. Why the fuck does it matter if it turns out he's also a waterbender?

No way!

did anyone else see this coming?

>Crowd begins admitting they are also benders
>There wasn't a single non-bender in the anti-bender movement
>So progressive

I always thought it was the fact his whole movement was based on a lie to gain sympathy.Theyd been tricked into following a bender,had Amon not given them a fake "Boo hoo scarred by benders" story id imagine they would've heard him out more

I knew it!

They obviously thought his ability was unique and not bending. Or maybe even thought there was nothing magical about it but was just using some type of advanced chi blocking, like Ty Lee but greater.

Shaun King
and Rachel Doez

If you can't even trust your leader, then what's the point?
But to be fair, the creators were shafted down 7 episodes.

oy vey

Hey, good for him.

He's a hypocrite? I guess that means his observations on the imbalance of society and lesser status of non-benders is not true at all! Everything was secretly perfect and we were fooled all along by the sirensong of social change! What collective egg there is on all our faces.

Was expecting some user to say show us your tits, but okay. Let's not pretend to be manchildren.

>and lesser status of non-benders
Point to it.

Don't be an idiot.

Their only CHANCE of removing bending on the world were Amon's lies about being chosen by spirits.

In reality Amon would have to go after EACH bender and probably would still never be able to remove all bendig from a city like RC.

His army would soom be easily defeated once other nations started caring. He had feel thousands fighters, and his advanced technology wouldn't help a lot considering that an infiltraded Iroh managed to destroy his air force.

Amon would never be able to remove bending of the world by himself, and at best you end up subjugated by a facist leader that is a bender, on a suicide mission.

Would you die on a meanless suicide war for a leader that is everything that you hate?

As you can see, Amon being a bender just destroy his movement, and force the members to look for more realistic means to deal with their problens: like electing a president that represent them.

Even so, Bryke said that equalists broke up on smaller gangs, probably divided on how radical or denialist they are, most probably weren't extremists and got satisfied with the dissolution of the council and electing Raiko.

Except that the most powerful people on the city apart the council (and even so non benders CAN be part of it, considering that Sokka was one), and some of the most of the big global leaders, are non benders, and benders can also be poor and powerless, surviving out of menial jobs. This is show on both ATLA and Korra.

Now that the subject of the thread is over and everything is explained, I ask you guys:

Who is best rule 63 avatar girl?

>He had feel thousands fighters,

Few*
Seriously, he probably had less than 5k fighters, Earth and Fire nation would destroy them EASILY when they send their armies. Hell, they could even just siege the city, planes aren't even much of an advantage with the amount of dirigibles and gianr flying beasts on the setting.

The equalists probably thought that Amon would have avatar state tier powers to solve the situation.

Without a "nuke" to force negotion, the best that Amon could have done is becoming a martir.

Uh huh... And now you're gonna say space rats with tiny robotic companions are here to steal your planet's entire supply of platinum and iron (including the planet's core) for no good reason.

Look, why don't you find something else to do before... I don't know, someone drags you into the nearest alleyway and tosses you into another dimension?

YOU'RE CUTE!

underrated post

>But to be fair, the creators were shafted down 7 episodes.
No they weren't.

I liked the double-twist when he took off his mask, and I wish it were the actual twist.

Pls be gf

They followed an idea, not a person
or at least, that is how it was suppose to be

Doesn't Amon being a bender yet he also still fights to end bending an indicator of his belief in the cause and his sincerity that it's the right thing, rather than doing what he does purely as a form of envy or sour grapes?

It's a trick question.

youtu.be/bmKaQqinWKY

Kek

You'd be surprised at how many movements have been reliant on a charismatic leader to keep it together.

It's really annoying because they just brushed away the very complex questions about the world Amon raised. As if being a waterbender invalidates them.

Ok

In this case shouldn't it be "Sup Forums, Hiro is a SJW"?

Why didn't we get to know more about her?

Ahem........NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

She was uninteresting and unnecessary to the plot?

Shit

According to S02, people never really bothered to take away bending from everyone, they just wanted to be treated fairly, something they got after Raiko was elected (yes, tecnically the equalists won)

The equalists sort of won, but Amon didn't.

Yeah we fucking knew it already.

Shit, beat me to it!

*ahem*

He turned me into a water spirit!

If anything it'll make amon claim stronger.

He's a bender that realizes that bending causes destruction and chaos

Nah. He's a liar and a fraud. If he lied about that then what else is he lying about? If the people would still support him why lie about it in the first place?

See

TAKE OFF YOUR TOP!

A Squid?!

...Not like, a Dolphin-Squid or something?

>If he lied about that then what else is he lying about?
All I know is the gangsters don't have bending and have stopped trashing my business and this bending-blocking martial art has put me in the best shape of my life.

Amon: "Well alright if you insist".

*Starts stripping*

I don't know about that but the next Amon should be Idris Elba.

wtf I hate Amon now?

"We don't believe you and if we did, we wouldn't care. Regardless of the nature of his powers, he's clearly using them liberate us rather than to oppress us."

>An' they take of the mask offa that Amon what who been nicking all the bendin'...
>Here it comes.
>Little monkey fellow inside.
>Quit talking shit!

I still think this board needs a /Korra Haters/ general.

And he will never be able to remove bending of the world, and you are now a terrorist working for a bender to rule alone above you.

Wouldn't it be better trying to get better cops?

You tried your best and you failed miserably.
The lesson is, never try.

SHOW US YOUR BOOBS!

That story always leaves me in stitches.

>he's a liar and a fraud
So, just like every other politician ever?

>Korra is Karl
The only imperfect thing about this comparrison is that Karl actually says some pretty deep and insightful stuff from time to time.

>says some pretty deep and insightful stuff
"You're oppressing yourselves" has meaning on multiple levels what with how the people rallying to Amon were causing their own problems.

Korra's talks with Lin and Tenzin have Lin slowly overcome her grudges and Tenzin learn how to approach things differently and be less serious.

The writing for everyone in LoK was more childish, and not in a beneficial way, compared to AtLA though that is certain.

But Raiko was shown to be really incompetent as a leader.

Was there a single national leader who was consistently competent and not evil?
Zuko's the only one who comes to mind

Only regarding some aspects, we dont know how was his economic or social politcy, or how he dealed with organized crime or whatnot.

>watching TLOK

>reminder

>most powerful people on the city are nonbenders
user, most of them are genius/inovators, so i think you shouldn't just consider them as any other normal nonbender. No one is arguing that nonbenders are FORBIDDEN to be rich; just that they are opressed by benders, and that benders in general have more chances. Think of Mako and Bolin, they were poor and bending single-handedly made them have more status.

If you are a bender, simply because of that, you already get better jobs.

>Their only CHANCE of removing bending on the world were Amon's lies about being chosen by spirits
they never actually wanted that; Amon did. The equalists simply wanted equality.. and they got it, after Raiko was elected.

Probably had sex with him more often too.

"Thanks for liking my stand up shows"
-Your Amon

>user, most of them are genius/inovators, so i think you shouldn't just consider them as any other normal nonbender. No one is arguing that nonbenders are FORBIDDEN to be rich; just that they are opressed by benders

How they are so opressed, if the most powerful people ARE the non benders? If they have the same rights, how are they opressed?

> Think of Mako and Bolin, they were poor and bending single-handedly made them have more status.

You doesnt need to be a bender to be play EVERY sports user.

>they never actually wanted that; Amon did.

It was part of Amon speech.

His idea of "equality" was removing the bending of everyone.

>Hello my name is Mr. Arrok and I come from some place far away. Yes, that will do. Anyway I say we should arrest Amon immediately.

>...I got better.

Citizens of Sup Forums, you have been deceived.

I'm a dyke

>How they are so opressed, if the most powerful people ARE the non benders
Day 1 of RC is Korra witnessing benders opressing nonbenders

Day 2 Korra learns that Asami's mother was killed by benders

>If they have the same rights, how are they opressed
by not having the same opportunities and having many benders abusing their power. Hell, benders abusing their power is Exactly what happens in ATLA.

>You doesnt need to be a bender to be play EVERY sports user
at it seems, pro-bending is the only relevant sport. I think punching fire trumps football.

>It was part of Amon speech
true, but far from what all equalists wanted. As we see in S02, the nonbenders in the end settled for having Raiko elected. They never really wanted to exterminate all benders.

However it is noticeable that the issue did not go away, as from the comics the gangs of benders are still around.

The Archdyke absolves you of your crime and extends her blessing.

I'd forgotten about stand up Amon.

>DROWN 'ER ANYWAY!

His cover story was that the spirits had decreed the Avatar a failure and chosen him instead to bring balance to the power.

All I have to say is that this wouldn't have happened if Ozai won.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for the Fire Nation's children.

...Is that Saber?

No, that's Ortofiné Fredericka von Eylstadt you germanian cur.

> Quiet, quiet quiet, there are ways of telling if he's a Waterbenderrrr...

nice one