Name a better girl

>Name a better girl

>Name someone who did even less wrong

Hill did nothing wrong, registration was always a good idea and so was Pleasant Hill.

Right?

RIGHT?!

TL;DR Hill deserves better

Hill is one of the best Marvel villains

Hill did everything wrong. Fucking EVERYTHING.

It's AMAZING to me that she's even still employed anywhere. Not only is she cartoonishly evil, she's incompetent.

They could retcon her into being a HYDRA plant and it would make perfect sense. She basically does their job for them.

My argument is she's just around to be an asshole so everybody else looks better by comparison. What's egregious is people tried to develop her and did a good job but then it got tossed out of the window to make her an asshole when the lot demanded.

>Case in point, vowing to be less paranoid at the end of Secret Avengers.

>Next appearance is building Guantanamo bay 2.0

needs a homo romance with Carol

They are like almost the same person

I could just see them smashing their pussies together

Adding onto that she's one of the few female Marvel chars to hold an OFFICIAL position of power, others being Carol and the various teachers at Xaviers, villainesses and whatnot.

If Marvel really wants to go all out with 'gurl power' then they should give her a damn break from...

>Tony! Steve! You fucking pricks, how dare you save people's lives! TO THE DUNGEON!

The only thing she ever did wrong was fuck Tony Stark. Fraction's Iron Man was trash.

Other than that she's literally perfect.

user gets it

But then that would get rid of what people like about Hill.

Leinil Yu draws a god-tier Maria Hill.

She's like Amanda Waller without the charisma, attitude, or personality.

Maria Hill is Nick Fury if Nick Fury was honest about how he was just using you.

Maria Hill is Amanda Waller done right.

At least Nick Fury could go on the ground and fuck up villains personally. Can you imagine Maria Hill dual-weilding guns mowing down Hydra agents while riding a motorcycle?

I mean, she obviously won't be shirtless or smoking because of Marvel's new rules, but still...

Well, done right if you like characters lacking depth. AKA the Marvel Way.

user, I will repeat: CARTOONISHLY EVIL. She shot at Captain America and tried to arrest him for breaking a law that wasn't in effect yet!

This.

>Hillfags just went full retard.

Could we get a drawfag on that though?

On a more serious note: Hill's biggest problem is that no one has tried to develop her character. What drives her to do what she does? I checked Wikipedia to see what he back ground is and other then being from Chicago it doesn't tell me anything more about her. Parents, siblings, kids, friends, she doesn't have a back ground to explain why she's so overbearing and self righteous. It only says Chicago->military->SHIELD. Hell, if the explanation was only that she gets off on it at least that would be something.

But I see that she was created by Bendis, so I probably shouldn't be surprised that she's just a cypher.

She wants to make the world quiet and peaceful without all the superhuman-caused chaos. A common sentiment held by many civilians in the MU, but she just had the drive to work her way up and get into a position to do something about it.

Was that explained in a comic?

I'm genuinely asking. I refuse to read Bendis' bullshit, so I haven't read most of Hills' appearances.

So... she's basically been a stealth villain all this time?

>Stealth viillain.
Where have you been all this time user?

>Name a better girl

>Name someone who did even less wrong

She's got maybe a single story like that and it was published roughly around a decade ago.

No. You can piece it together from some dialogue, but for the most part she exists to take the blame for things even if the things in question have occurred before with no repercussions. Seriously, Pleasant Hill is like the sixth or seventh supervillain prison scheme that's gone tits up.

>tfw hill/cyclops is my otp
It hurts Sup Forums
it hurts really bad
Maybe one day after they bring him back and she gets shitcanned from shield going full maverick r-right?

>At least Nick Fury could go on the ground and fuck up villains personally.
Don't forget, fuck up the Watcher and Thor

Maria Hill was fine in Iron Man: Director of SHIELD, precisely because she wasn't the one calling the shots. That's the problem with her, she's supposed to be Fury's Colonel Tigh, a hardass number 2 who's there to enforce the director's decisions. Put her in the big chair with that kind of attitude and she just turns into fascist cunt.

This isn't helped by the fact that SHIELD in general hasn't justified its existence pretty much since I've started reading Marvel comics.

What even the fuck are they doing with Fury these days? They brought Samuel L. Fury on board, where the fuck is he?

She had a SHIELD psychic mind rape Peter for House of M info, she can go fuck herself

Based Maria

>>arresting a man BEFORE a law is put in place for suggesting he won't help you hunt down his comrades who MIGHT disobey this proposed law.Somehow not wrong

But smallpox hasn't been part of this country since 1949.

There is literally nothing wrong with taking initiative. It's the hallmark of a great leader.

Why is she Antje Traue?

Somebody hasn't read Siege.

Arresting someone because they might be your enemy and this making them your enemy is the stupidity that got Norman Osborne in power

>Norman Osborn
>Not a national hero
Now I know you're trolling

Will they fug?

See that's my big problem with people like Chelsea Cain.

>Oh look at how amazing Bobbi is!

And all she does there is go on adventures that are all very funny, and have very little stakes.

If Hill was to be the female Fury that'd require getting somebody competent in Marvel nowadays (How likely is that?) to make her have more defined motives and a plot with stakes instead of just jokes and quips.

If there was ever a sign Marvel was going to the shitter it was when they needed to make a straw man villain because they feared having Nick be Nick.

Hatefuck maybe.

I'm not really what that has to do with what I wrote about Hill...

I meant that she tends to be put in situations that should be easily remedied as Director. SHIELD never gets used because it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the writers.

And Samuel Jack Fury is just old white Fury's son, and they never do anything with him anyway.

Wait in line Cap

Big Boss Judge Thor Hill is best Hill.

It's also a matter that SHIELD nowadays is most usually written as an obtrusive, bureaucratic, toothless organization staffed by incompetents who can't keep a lid on a pickle jar. Their role in the story, and Hill's role in the MU at large, is to wag their fingers and cry and whine and moan about "regulations" and "jurisdictions" so that the Real Heroes can save the day despite them and teach everyone a valuable lesson about the value of individual judgment and independence. And that's when SHIELD is not being just overtly antagonistic.
In a nutshell, Maria Hill is doomed to be the FBI agent in every 80s cop movie ever.

I like when they play her up as someone who just hates "superhero fucking shits" and wants humanity and government to have some kind of autonomy that doesn't rely on capes for every fucking problem they have. She's forever doomed to fail, but it at least makes some modicum of sense.

As much as I don't generally like Nick Spencer or his work, I think he wrote a great Maria Hill.

He at least gave us Hill being on the front lines against a Chitauri invasion during the last SteveCap issue.