This picture here sums up why governments shouldn't be in charge of sending people into space. Space X is a good thing

This picture here sums up why governments shouldn't be in charge of sending people into space. Space X is a good thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKG4bvZGWag
youtube.com/watch?v=r6IZUq6v92I
youtube.com/watch?v=RY1cEOzaf78
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/09/12/jeff-bezos-just-unveiled-his-new-rocket-and-its-a-monster/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=MKG4bvZGWag

An interesting documentary by NASA detailing the events leading up to the explosion and the investigation that followed. Skip ahead to 18:04 at which point Challenger is on the launch pad.

All I ever hear of Space X is their shit blowing up and failing. Plus Elon Musk gives me a really big bullshit vibe. I get the feeling that he is overrated.

Space X has a way, way higher failure rate.

They were just smart enough not to put people on them.

Governments and government influenced contracting can not use failure as an engine of improvement and innovation - the consequences of failures in public relations and cost (costs more than open private contractors)

There's a reason that SpaceX is profitable at a quarter the cost to launch of the ULA, even despite all the explosions.

How did a communist burocracy like the Soviet Union ever do it?
And more cost effective than the free market USA?

this video sums it up much better.
worth giving it a look.
youtube.com/watch?v=r6IZUq6v92I

exactly

SpaceX has downed more rockets in 5 years than NASA has in its entire existence

my mum died in that explosion you cunt

>Soviets built better fighter jets in the 50-60s
>Soviets win the space race with firsts
Good question. I wonder if the Soviets managed to steal some of the better German rocket and aviation experts. I bet it is another WW2 mystery

When was the last time a nasal rocket blew up on the pad? 30-40 years ago, space x is making mistakes nasa solved decades ago

NASA knew Challenger was going to blow up. Plenty of engineers said to scrub the launch but NASA let it launch anyway.

t.Every Engineering Ethics Class

>These are one-size fits all problems and they can obviously all come down to one thing that is universal!
>How can they be this dumb not to see it?!

Being cost effective is what cost them the race to the moon, rather than develop new bigger engines at cost they just strapped together 20+ of the engines they where using for earth orbit. Having so many engines increased the chances of failure and they blew up their rocket on the pad doing massive damage to their brand need space port, a few months later nasa put a man on the moon and the Soviet programme started its decline

>SpaceX has downed more rockets in 5 years than NASA has in its entire existence

Not a chance. NASA blew up hundreds of rockets back in the day. Hundreds. It ain't called rocket surgery for nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=RY1cEOzaf78

You got my curiosity. Keep talking

>This picture here sums up why Space X shouldn't be in charge of sending anything into space. Everyone but Space X is a good thing.

So when was the last time nasa had a rocket blow up on the pad? You obviously know nothing about the history of spaceflight and are talking out of your ass

Where were you when BASED Blue Origin and Jeff Bezos put Muskfags in the timeout corner?

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/09/12/jeff-bezos-just-unveiled-his-new-rocket-and-its-a-monster/

it was actually pretty much the fault of one woman

He is Scott McAuliffe on vacation in Australia

You want one too?

Atlas 5 >>>> elons meme rocket

> but they cost less

> but they're private

While I agree with your message, both of these charts are horribly out of date.

SpaceX has launched at least 12 missions for NASA as of now.

thanks for letting them know where I am cunt, im on the fucking run from NASA they know I know about the aliens

>elons meme rocket
this. ive never understood why everyone is on his dick so much.

>American rocket fails
>News Report: American rocket failure

>Soviet rocket fails
>News Report: Surprise fireworks display in Kazakhstan also Comrade Vzorvatov is a traitor and has been executed, also in Kazakhstan.

When was the last time NASA actually built rockets, instead of contracting out launch architecture that is over 40 years old instead of less than 10?

You know absolutely nothing about aerospace engineering, go read up Ignition and learn more about your precious spaceflight history, rube

We REALLY should make the Space Station look like a giant vagina

>a challenger disappears

he knows too much

Thank you for the link. Interesting video.

I still would much rather board a Soyuz than the Space Shuttle.

It fires my boosters thinking about ramming the Blue Origin deep into the vagina shaped ISS and dumping its payload all over its bay.

they literally mounted the INS upside down

>Implying it wasn't a blood sacrifice

>be apart of SpaceX
>oh boy can't wait to get into orbit
>blow up and disintegrate before you even leave the launch pad

No thanks

I read into that shit, and I think it was negligence or failure by design, take as you will

they split them equally when they made the wall. thats why both soviet union and usa got nukes later