So can it be that GoT season 8 will be better than season 1?

no

no

I can't get into shows/movies/stores that don't have the true writer
It's like dragon ball GT
non-canon/fan fiction is just so boring

No way. Everything that made S1 great is long gone, and all the characters that are left are now two dimensional versions of their former selves.

s2 was way more entertaining that 1
the best part of s1 was having Boromir as the lead

S2 was still good. But it lacked S1's focus and was far less driven by mystery and political intrigue. S2 was more about building up the characters from the foundation S1 set up than it was about the actual plot. And it was hit or miss with some characters in that regard. Robb and Cat in particular got a rough deal.

No. The show has been getting progressively more stupid as its gone on in a desperate attempt to recapture the madness that was the Red Wedding, and trying to one-up itself has resulted in some stupid stuff.
>Bran going full autism mode for no reason after 'becoming' the three eyed raven
>Teleporting becoming commonplace (see Eurons fleet, the Lannisters army)
>Cercei getting away with literally fucking everything
>Revelation about Jon being a Targ literally while fucking his aunt
>Undead ice dragon
The only bit I enjoyed of the whole last season was the meeting between all the factions and seeing all the major players together for once. I'm in it til the end, if only just to see it through.

Not seen GoT yet, was gonna marathon it before the final season is aired, what makes S1 the best currently?

>Bran going full autism mode for no reason after 'becoming' the three eyed raven
Pretty sure that was because they had no idea what to do with his character. Maybe his book storyline was deemed too fantastic for the grimdark world of GoT, or maybe the character's unpopularity made them decide to reduce his role. The whole thing is absurd. We're meant to believe that Bran's whole trip, and the deaths of Jojen, Summer, Hodor, Three Eyed Raven, and the extinction of the children all lead up to him finding about about Jon's parentage. How is that important when the show already went out of its way to shit all over the laws of succession, rendering them moot? And why was it worth the trip when they could have just asked Meera's dad?

it has a plot that actually makes sense

tyrion turning heel and going on evil manlet cuck rampage to sabotage dany and jon will truly be top kek

S1 was shit, AGOT was the worst in first 3 books. Can't understand the hype for S1.

It's the least stupid one. Though S2 and S3 are for the most part good too. A lot of people have a hard on for S4, and I guess it's fine if you squint, but it's still full of filler and retarded shit like one dude fighting off an army while shirtless without getting a scratch. S5 and onward, nothing makes sense and it's just one "shocking" moment after another with no build up or logical reason behind it. Ironically the show became more predictable at the same time, as it started to rely heavily on tropes.

ASOS had a shit pacing and you know it.

It was one of the most faithful adaptations ever.

/got/ in exile here

>/isr/
No thanks. And this isn't a general, we're discussing a specific question OP asked.

all loyal shitposters are to report there

>Teleporting

I get that it's coming to the end and they have to hurry things up, so they can't have a bunch of episodes like the hound and Arya travelling together, but fuck they could at least make it feel like some time passes.

>a CGI fuckfest with teleporting characters, hastily concluded plot lines, severely truncated time lines and deus ex machinas

lol

No.

I only watch the last 2 episodes since S5 and occasional scenes on YT and I am completely content with it.
Still rage at the stupidity, but at least I don't waste 8-10 hours watching dogshit dry.

That's all well and good. But there is no way for Euron's fleet to sneak up on two other fleets on the open sea. It's just not possible.

Season 7 is such a shit travesty it almost undid my goodwill for the entire series. I think season 8 will be mass effect 3vending tier of badness.

The eternal shitstorm is coming.

I'm only in it for the memes at this point.

It started as a show with genuinely good writing and characters and devolved into generic fantasy shit over the years.

Watching the last two seasons was fucking painful. It's the kind of shit that only fantasy faggots who suck Skyrim dick like.

I have no idea how they can wrap the pile of crap the series has become. Will we get an outrageous 'they lived happily ever after except incest' end or will they just die?

I have mild hope GRRM's end would be different, but I am slowly using hope of ever seeing it. Even if he gets TWOW out, he is unlikely to manage to write the last one.

Who sued daenerys?

>it's the remaining Starks don't give a shit about Cat, Robb, or Rickon episode

ACOK was the worst of the first three books you bugchaser