Alright Sup Forums,

How do we fix the Powerpuff Girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GbvC9Xtpm_8
vidieunguyen.com/Uptown-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cancel it

Cancel it. Leave it to die.

Cancel it and pretend it never happened.

we never do it in the first place

It must die. Tear it limb from limb. Burn it.

Recast the old voice actresses.
Get rid of the Meme humor
Bring Ms. Bellum back
focus on the girls' battles too, not just the slice of life shit.

New full reboot. There is no way to save it as it is now.

No more reboots. Period.

Was anyone else actually excited about this shit at first? Like, I know I should have expected it to be bad, but it was just, so so disappointing.

This. PPG had a good run 10+ years ago, there's no need to rape the corpse.

NO MI GUSTA LOL! YOU GUYS REMEMBER THAT FUNNY MAYMAY?

It's amazing how far behind they were with that reference. I mean, referencing memes at all is pretty desperate, but rage faces went out of style in like 2012.

Cancel it and let's pretend it never happened.

My real question is, do children of this era like it? Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man stuck in nostalgia land. Perhaps children actually enjoy this show?

All of this

Is the show with lowest rating in the channel user

Source?

Sorry, its terminal.

The kids aren't the people pushing for what gets aired, its the nostalgic newer gen of cartoonists backed by nostalgic parents. And right now, people are in retaliation of cartoons from before the 2000's.

Think about it. Most of the stuff that kids watched was either girly to the point of nausea, or full of fighting and violence and things that scared mothers. People grew up with a pretty fucking big divide between girls and boys' shows.

I imagine everyone who's made a show in the last few years be it Hirsch, Sugar, or whoever the fuck, sat down and said "Okay, I wanna make a show, but I wanna make it GOOD." And as a result, they would focus moreso on good writing then anything overtly violent or girly. This happened because they probably got sick of the extremities of the 80's and 90's, and even a little bit into the 2000's. My family, with both my brothers AND sisters, loved shows like Pucca and Kappa Mikey when they aired.

As of the 2010's, the "writing over fighting" statement has kinda come into full effect. Gravity falls was great visually and in how it was written. Steven Universe blew up because of Sugar's deepest lore as well as her brother's pretty fantastic set design.

Another thing about Steven Universe is how Sugar characterizes her characters to FUCKING DEATH. I mean it, her characters cry to show development, that they're struggling with something, and to create character flaws the easiest way possible-- they cry when they're sad, and they're sad because of who they are and what they can and can't do. It leaves us with a lot of repetitive tears, but holy FUCK do we understand the Gems, Steven, and everyone else they make cry.

But something that show creators want to do is make something THEY enjoy, as well as anyone willing to watch-- kids, and adults. The adults are happy with the writing that they can completely comprehend, and the kids are good with some jokes and pretty neat visuals.

As for PPG, it sucks. b/c no fighting

Cancel the reboot, air only the original show and movie.

Maybe a little. In fact, I''ll post this one more time just as a reminder that this show seemed somewhat promising at first.

youtu.be/GbvC9Xtpm_8

Keep them and internet memes a million miles apart at all times.

Just look it up on Wikipedia. Compared to every other CN show, it's views consistently go down and hasn't cracked a million in months

>"guys, stop ruining my nostalgia"
ITT: nostalgiatards

They made it to cater to and capitalize on nostalgia.

You actually went to the trouble of quoting every single post in this thread just to say that?

Sad.

>me no gusta

Make the entire show in the style of the music video.

t. nostalgiatard

kek, no

you went through the trouble to hate a reboot?
Sad.

>"using memes"

nostalgiatards is like autism, case an point

>you went through the trouble to hate a reboot?

Hate is too strong a word. Just dislike.

New PPG is a show for little girls! Where's barnyfag when you need him?

Original PPG was about beating the tar out of bad guys, not homework and tea parties!

>Original PPG was about beating the tar out of bad guys, not homework and tea parties!

I mean, it did have some of that, it just wasn't the main focus.

But yeah, it seems like this is one of those case where the new creator was like "I liked the old show, but would like it a lot better if we changed large parts of it and made it different.

Welp, at least we now know where the budget went

t. CN's employee

I knew it was going to be shit the very moment I found out that they didn't even bother to contract the original VAs for the powerpuff girls.

Nostalgia for the bad shows is bad.
Nostalgia for the good shows is good
Old PPG is a part of the second category, the good shows, so think about it fag. Old PPG was perfect enough, so you wanted more... SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO IT'S PURITY!!!!

it wasn't really that good

Have them fight some crime ffs
And get rid of the stupid Green Lantern powers

ITT: Nostalgia faggots getting their autism ruined

this is clear case of inbreeding at work

put more memes into the show

then youd just have the same shit show just with some badly animated action scenes added

Tell sexist double standards to piss off.

>shit out a god-awful show, from script writing to voice direction and animation
>nah senpai ur just nostalgic

>being this autistic enoug to hate on a reboot
oh boy howdy!

I was excited when I saw the music video/intro. The British animators who worked on it did a superb job. They translated the designs into something more solid and 3D, and animated them with flair. It looked stylish, action-packed, and it honestly reminded me of those little gifs that Yoh Yoshinari made. It showed how great traditional animation done with full drawings can look.

The intro was everything that the show itself is not.

No it's actually bad. Even if you leave out the original.

>uses a name
>is a nostalgiatard
kys m80

You know for someone who said last thread that you don't even cared for PPG in general, you sure came back quick.

You are no Barneyfag, so stop trying to be.

I'd say the difference between the intro and the actual show is so big that the intro ends up kind of misleading you.

I love the intro. I dare to say I kind of dig it more than the original's. It has a pretty cool style, the music is really catchy and it really gets you pumped; Which basically is the job of any good intro.

The problem is that, whatever you like or hate the new show, the show itself is too different. If their mission was to make the show more slice-of-life and less about the fighting? Fine.

But the intro sells it as an action-oriented show akin to the original. So basically they wanted to be different from the original..by making an intro that basically lures you thinking it's like the original.

It really clashes.

So, I wanna know. What do you think the new cartoon does right?

nothing. he's a legit irl autist.

go the fuck back to sleep, Josh.

Stop making Bubbles to be such a slut.

>implying i like this show
newsflash: i don't, only autists spend their time hating a show for a reason

>implying she wasn't as rapeable, if not more in the original show

>they removed the fucking tits of the kindergardener
>totally okay for children to twerk like little whores
'murrica 2016

Wait, so you don't like the new show?

Then you're defending a show you don't like from people who also don't like it.

Then what do you hate about the show?

I'm confused. I never watched either so this logic is really fuzzy.

it's as autistic as the bronies v. anti-bronies or more recently the anti-SU fags v. the SU fags

not to mention the show is meh to mediocre

most of the people spew one of these:
>"DUDE, ANIMATION ERROR HUE HUE"
>"DUDE MEMES"
>"DUDE TWERKING"

when Tween Titans Go shits the bed full of memes and gets a free pass, yet this show barely uses them (Bubbles saying "yas" isn't a meme, neither does twerking); case an point: the no me gusta face

>all of these people are stupid
>lucky for me, I'm smarter than them by unintendedly proving I'm a mongoloid!
sounds like a master plan, chief.

>"oh no, someone makes fun of my nostalgia"
>"how bout i call him autistic for good measure"
Benthelooney would be proud

>implying all the hatred for the show is just because of nostalgia, not because the show is fucking shit

lol tryhard

Instead of the Powerpuff Girls, make them the Rowdyruff Boys. You know, because the boys are the ones who are obsessed with memes

Bellum isn't in the show? She the voice of reason for the girls.

>most of the people spend their time pointing out the flaws in the show itself
yeah, how dare they.

>when Tween Titans Go shits the bed full of memes and gets a free pass,

I thought everybody hated Teen Titans Go too. Last time I checked, everyone seems to dislike it and one of the reasons being it shits out memes left and right exactly how you say.

I have never seen TTGo get a free pass ever.

Also if you think that way and you don't really are defending the show because you actually like it, then why these threads specifically? Shouldn't you go do your justice to SU threads or Broniy threads?

I am not battling your opinion but rather just questioning the logic of replying to the people you say are nostalgiafags.

>Get rid of the Meme humor
>its ok when the old series does it

>when Tween Titans Go shits the bed full of memes and gets a free pass

Since when TTG ever gotten a free pass? Last time I checked, Sup Forums hates it as much if not more than NuPPG.

The fact TTG has so much schedule space is not because Sup Forums likes it, it's because CN execs like it.

>TTG sucks more so you can't complain about PPG

Then why not go complain on a Teen Titans Go thread?

You could have not made yourself look stupid and actually read the reason people put for not liking the show.

>I thought everybody hated Teen Titans Go too. Last time I checked, everyone seems to dislike it and one of the reasons being it shits out memes left and right exactly how you say.
>I have never seen TTGo get a free pass ever.
clearly you haven't seen Sup Forums

>Also if you think that way and you don't really are defending the show because you actually like it, then why these threads specifically? Shouldn't you go do your justice to SU threads or Broniy threads?
exactly Anti-SU fags v. SU fags, it's a treasure trove of autism

>"i'll call him out, but post any legit reason"

because TTG fans are as delusional as the nostalgiatards, case an point: Benthelooney

fucking exactly

How is this meme humor?

It isn't references aren't meme humor.

The main problem is with the production pipeline. The storyboards are funny and well done, the design work is decent, but the studio that actually animates everything destroys it. Whether that's Cartoon Network being cheap or the overseas studio being cheap, I can't say, but the final product is a hollow shell of what the production crew is capable of.

It's very strange because no other show from Cartoon Network suffers technical errors like this one, so I can only assume it's either being rushed or underfunded (or both).

I didn't even say it was bad because it was a reboot.
Are you saying any kind of shit can be defended because its a reboot? Because that sure is some idiotic reasoning.

you're actually retarded.

and so are you, but that goes without a say.

>88766682
You don't even deserve a --------.

>reference/shout out to an adult comedy cartoon
>meme humor

You can't, the damage is already done.

Do you have any examples of the "funny and well done" storyboards? I've seen some, but they look sloppy and/or contain very little direction, which is a mistake when outsourcing. One either give the animation studio some measure of creative control, or provide detailed storyboards that remove any kind of guesswork. Outsource studios work with what they are given, and don't stick their necks out to fix mistakes or fill in missing gaps of info.

There's no doubt CN did this on the fast and cheap, but there are also issues that are well beyond the control of the animators. The overall art direction is poor. The production team made the decision to use uniform lines and gaudy colors. Compositing errors (such as misaligned masks) are also likely happening at CN's end.

More diversity.

Pic related, as well as basically anything from Grace Kraft that she's posted compared to the final product. Stronger gesture, more expressive, and that's just what we can see.
"Blue Ribbon Blues" is a rare example of an episode that didn't butcher the boards, and it ended up being one of the best episodes.

Board from the "Air Bubbles" short
vidieunguyen.com/Uptown-1

On the second point, I agree. There are weird things happening at several different levels. The lead character designer chicken-scratching in official promos, for example; that's depressing.
A lot of the background art is really fucking good, but that also tends to vary depending on who's doing what.

No. The second I saw the "Princess" promo it was garbage right out the gate. Fucking Buttercup, ruined best girl.
And to this I say pic related. As nicely animated that intro was, the premise of that song killed the point of PPG, not that they are girls, but that anyone could be a hero.

>clearly you haven't seen Sup Forums
Clearly you're cherrypicking.

>it's another "Sup Forums is one entity" episode
Listen nigger, there are some anons on this board that are TTfags from the early 2000s and there are TTGofags, but the differences is that TTfags love the old show for what it was, and TTGofags loves Go either because they think it's "good comedy" or the other (the more blatant side) that likes it because it triggers the TTfags. Case in point, like you being in every fucking NuPPG thread shitposting anyone that likes the oringal PPG.

You are literally what you hate, you are the shitposters that triggers the old fans of x show just to be a shitposter. You have that "TTGo gets a pass" excuse, yet completely ignores every thread about TTGo/TT shitposting "hurr durr TTfags get BTFO" and wants to cry wolf when the same shit happens in NuPPG threads. Kill yourself. I mean it. You're slowly becoming the next Chris-Chan/Malaysia or whatever boogieman that gets called out on x board on this site.

You forgot the other people like TTGo, the fetishfags.

make the girls less weak

in the old show the girls could kick some major ass but now they kinda suck, bubbles broke her fucking arm in one episode by getting knocked into a wall

> fetishfags.
Oh yeah, I forget about that since well, they are usually seen for every show regardless, even NuPPG.

Those early Nu-PPG threads mocking how bad the show was were very entertaining, much more so than the show.

I like Grace Kraft's work, but this is a perfect example of the problem I mentioned. These are not very informative storyboards. They don't show or ask for any special animations, which I think is necessary to do at the storyboard stage.

>Stronger gesture, more expressive

It's easy to lose that feeling from the sketch to the finished drawing stage. These are not tight drawings.

They're leaving too much work to employees who are probably the lowest paid and least experienced.

They removed her because she was too sexy.

It had a reverse effect on me, from previews and stuff I expected it to be shit, but it was actually pretty decent. cute art, cute performance, good jokes.

>cute art, cute performance, good jokes.

Do you like in Bizarro World or are just desperate for (you)'s? (You)'s aren't even a thing anymore btw.

crank out the action and downplay the day to day shit.

>(You)'s aren't even a thing anymore btw.
(You) non-4chanXfags are so funny everytime.

It hits the decent marks for current CN cartoons.
Good:
The Amazing World of Gumball
Uncle Grandpa
Decent:
nPPG
TTG
Ben 10
Shit:
We bare bears
Clarence
Steven Universe
Adventure Time
Regular show

>we bare bears
>shit

i forced my friend, animation student to watch it with me
she was horrified

They thought the original was a "girls show" it wasn't

this
it was more of an action comedy with girls in it
not a girl show with action and comedy

go fuck off and take your bad opinions with you.