What comic book characters did you grow up with?

What comic book characters did you grow up with?

Year of Birth: 1987
Characters I grew up with: Trinity.

Older Superman comics, X-Men

Spiderman and X-men (also Hulk, Fantastic 4 and Iron man)
God bless Marvel cartoons

Batman

So you were just 9 and 8 years old when Spider-Man 2 came out lol

Sounds like a hell of a time to be a kid if you ask me.

How come people who are born after 90s say Superman and Batman? What foolery is this?

Superman

Spider-Man

X-men

X-men #1 was a great time to be a fan

>Older Superman comics
Name 5 things inside The Fortress of Solitude and the name of the person who build the motherbox.

>1995
>Batman
Who was Batman's first female crush and who was the first one to unlock Batman's utility belt?

Without using any search engine, you guys have 15 seconds to prove you're not lying.

MODS

Got into comics through the Spider-Man trilogy
Also watched Batman Beyond sometimes

1988, I didn't really grow up with any characters but I remember watching BTAS and Super Friends reruns and the X-men were everywhere

Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Batman, Superman, Based Terry, JL, TT.

>what are the DCAU and the Donner and Burton movies

>Batman, Superman
What was the first thing you saw or read about them?

What in the hell is this?

It's highly unlikely to say kids who were born after 90s would watch Donner's and Burton's movies

Not that user, but I'll play:

Figures of his friends: Perry, Jimmy, Lois, Batman, etc. Beasts and beings rescued from other places. The Bottle City of Kandor. The Phantom Zone Projector. The Room of Captured Weapons. A Trophy Room. Krypto. The AI access panel and/or Superman's Super Computer.

Not sure about the Mother Box, I want to say Metron had something to do with it but that's just a guess.

89, did not read comics, I only "grew up" with harry potter

DCAU and I grew up watching Batman 89 and Superman 78 on VHS. The DCAU helped too, even though at the time JL felt like Law and Order to me.
MOMSEID IS

>Figures of his friends: Perry, Jimmy, Lois, Batman, etc. Beasts and beings rescued from other places. The Bottle City of Kandor. The Phantom Zone Projector. The Room of Captured Weapons. A Trophy Room. Krypto. The AI access panel and/or Superman's Super Computer.
This is straight outta Wikipedia.

>Not sure about the Mother Box, I want to say Metron had something to do with it but that's just a guess.
Nice try mate.

I read a few issues of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing during my 6th grade year of elementary school. My uncle let me borrow them, even though he was kind of pushing me to read them. That was the only series I read until I got out of high school.
Never got around to watching any of the DC or Marvel cartoons until recently. Hell, I was barely aware of them at the time. The only exception to this was Teen Titans, but even then I knew that the cartoon was some sort of pseudo anime garbage.

>Batman 89 and Superman 78 on VHS
>A 1998 born claim to have seen Superman 78 on VHS when CD were readily available
Hi liar!

I was a BTAS babby then I got into the Silver Surfer cartoon. After that my dad got me a bunch of 90s Silver Surfer issues
In high school I dabbled in pretty much every era and hero of Marvel and DC, although by that point I was paying as much attention to the creators as the characters.

>what is grandma's house where they hesitate to upgrade to DVD
I have Returns copy tight here right here. My 89 and Supes copies disappeared over the years, I guess.

My brother in law got my sister first copy of the Dark Side of the Moon a month back which is pretty shop soiled. So?

>implying I'm gonna sit here and keep posting proof

Meaning you people were not fortunate or smart enough to own a DVD player in 2005. Nice, nice.

>98
Spider Man, The Justice League (DCAU lineup)

Also Obi Wan Kenobi. I read a bunch of Star Wars comics when I was a kid, and I always liked Obi Wan the most. Of course, most of what I knew about Star Wars was from the prequels. It took me until I was maybe 8 to watch the OT. I'm still a big fan of Star Wars

>wowstoppostinganytime.jpg

Dude, it's straight from my brain. Besides owning the Effing trade, I also own WHTTMOT.

If you're such an expert, answer the following five in 15 seconds without research:

what happened to Kal and Kara in World of Krypton, why didn't Superboy qualify for the Legion, what's Krypto's origin, and how was the "first" Super-Girl that Superman met and who was the "first" Supergirl that Superboy met?

I grew up with pic related superheroes so I'm not someone you wanna mess with.

Year of Birth, 1968.
Dad got a subscription to the Incredible Hulk and the Amazing Spiderman. This was before the era of big crossover events or even long story arcs, really. At most, stories were wrapped up in one issue, sometimes went two, and very occasionally would stretch to three.

There were other random comics that I bought from the corner drug store off the rack, but the issues dad subscribed to came like clockwork every four weeks in the mail in a brown paper sleeve. Dad would get them out of the mail, pull the sleeve off, and sit down at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee or glass of tea after work and read them while Mom made supper. Usually he would pass them to me when he was done, than I'd give them to my sister to read. A few moments stand out. There was one issue where Banner was wearing an all white suit when he Hulked out, and that Hulk wan around for a couple of issues in white pants. The other was when Peter had to wear an old costume that had faded and shrunk from repeated washings and ended up having to ditch it, and was kind of regretful that he was having to toss one of his first Spider suits.

You're a little bitch, that's all I have to say

>sorry but I love making shit up

>I shouldn't have lied on Sup Forums Sup Forums
>[sobs]
Kek

Man,growing up, superheroes in movies or on T.V. were in short supply. There was the original Batman series, the Superman movies and the Incredible Hulk T.V. show. The one or two Spider man shows they tried were god awful. Pretty much anything that wasn't Batman or Superman flopped big at the box office until Blade, and the studio did their best to pretend it wasn't a comic book movie. It wasn't until the first X-Men was successful that the different studios that held Marvel properties started to loosen up.

>Born in 1968
>Not a Supes/Bat fan
My childhood was boring

I'm older than everyone here, I'll say that. I watched Wonder Woman and Lois & Clark. I wasn't familiar with Superfriends until college, when I was in an engineering dorm but pledged to a fraternity, so I organized all the parties since no one else in the dorm could figure out how to get booze or how to get girls. The guys I hung out with introduced me to Star Trek, Dungeons and Dragons and Superfriends (getting stoned and watching the cartoons on VCRs).

Donnerverse Superman was my first big screen experience, followed by Burton Batman. I remember that Vicki Vale Prince single constantly fucking playing all over the place.

I read very plain vanilla comics when I was a kid, things like Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck and stopped reading by the time I was in Junior High. I read "Graphic Novels" if I read anything in High School and College (read Vertigio, for example, Maus, etc.)

I got into Superman and DC generally by reading GA and SA about 15 years ago and read the current stuff out now from a lot of different publishers.

'84.. most prevalent comic books around were things like Tin Tin, Asterix & Obelix(i liked these two) and then things like Beano and Archie & Jughead that I never really got into but they were very popular, not much to be honest.

On the TV front though things were much brighter- grew up with Masters of the Universe(still have He-Man's green tiger action figure:D), Superman, Batman, Captain Planet, , TMNT, Biker Mice From Mars, Fantastic Four and late 80's early 90's personal 2nd favourite after Superman(obviously)... BraveStar! whatever happened to that series?

Spider-Man, older Avengers comics

Never gave a fuck about X-Men or Batman aside from the Burton movies

>Star Trek, Dungeons and Dragons and Superfriends (getting stoned and watching the cartoons on VCRs).
>Donnerverse Superman was my first big screen experience, followed by Burton Batman.
>things like Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck and stopped reading by the time I was in Junior High school

>On the TV front though things were much brighter- grew up with Masters of the Universe

>Superman, Batman, Captain Planet, , TMNT, Fantastic Four and late 80's early 90's personal 2nd favourite after Superman(obviously)... BraveStar!

All these plus Gi-Joe, Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, unfortunately I never read Duck Tales comic but use to watch the cartoon plus I'd Skeletal and few Gi-Joe action figures and Brave Star damn.

Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and the X-Men. And Calvin and Hobbes and Bloom County, but those are comic strips.

Fleischer Superman. Had all the eps on those crappy vhs's any company could put out since they were in the public domain. I swear I must've watched those things on fucking loop. officially restored blu-rays never

Also DCAU Superman and Batman. Superman 4 (I remember being fucking amazed that 1 single strand of Superman's hair could hold that giant weight) and Batman Returns (Penguin eating the wish used to make me feel sick)

Damian and Jon.

Franco-belgian comics

Tick, Superman, Conan, Darkwing Duck.

>Not sure about the Mother Box, I want to say Metron had something to do with it but that's just a guess.
Himon?

Kids who were born on or after 1990 saying they grew up with Superman /Batman/Wonder Woman annoy me.

I always come to this board thinking they're all born in 1980s and 88s.

Same. I also watched X-Men and Spider Man on Saturday's.

Who would win in a fight between Trinity and Avengers guys?

Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men

>year of birth: 1989
>Green Lantern, Tom Strong, Captain Marvel/Shazam, Captain America

Who killed Batman's parents and at what place?

Answer within 20sec without using a search engine.

some random thug near a theatre

Year of Birth: 1987
Characters I grew up with: Dredd, The Phantom, Donald Duck

I wonder what country I am from?

X-Men

Asterix, some Tintin and Lucky Luke

never got in touch with capeshit

That random thug was Joe Chill and the place was known as Crime Alley. Simply don't say you grew up with Batman if you don't know simple facts related to the character.

Dude, are you jacking off here or something trying to feel superior to anons? What's your damage?

1938. My Dad used to sell comics from his shop, so I used to sit behind the counter and read them.

So, Pretty much all of them.

Spiderman, X Men, Hulk, Hellboy, Batman, Iron Man, whatever other characters from comic movies were coming out during the early-to-mid 2000s, Teen Titans because of the show, Punisher and Spawn because of my cousin and his shit taste in movies, Deadpool became a semi-big thing in amongst a lot of the dudes at my school around 7th grade so that was the first actual comic series I started reading.

No damage, bub. Pointing out little dudes hypocrisy is enjoyable.

I believe you

Respect.

other '98 babby here, from memory Chill's name was never explicitly mentioned in a lot of the Batman movies if not all of them, the Nolan ones and the Burton ones which are probably the ones user saw growing up as a kid. So your point's rendered pretty null, heaps of people grew up watching comic book based cartoons and movies that never bothered with those details that the comics did.

I'm fairly positive the place wasn't known as Crime Alley until after the Waynes were killed there.

Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Spiderman.

Quick, you have 5 seconds to prove you're not a bitch: how many bullets do you own and why haven't you put one in your brain?

>from memory Chill's name was never explicitly mentioned in a lot of the Batman movies if not all of them, the Nolan ones and the Burton ones which are probably the ones user saw growing up as a kid.
The funny part is, that kid now turned up to be 17. Browses Sup Forums yet still don't know a simple fact. When I was 17, I knew the name of Batman's entire rogue gallery and fyi I'd no access to Batman comics or there wasn't Sup Forums or Google and that's the reason kids nowadays who says Batman/Superman disgust me.

No.

Oldfag here! I was born in 1964, and started buying comics seriously when I was eight or nine. My first exposure to super-heroes was TV, through reruns of the 60s Spider-Man and Fantastic Four cartoons, as well as the Adam West Batman show. Finding out that there were these neat little magazines with new stories about these characters every month was a revelation, lemme tellya. I was mostly a Marvel guy growing up in the 70s, heavily into the FF and the X-Men, but I also followed Batman and Captain Marvel/Shazam over at DC, as well as a lot of duck-oriented Disney stuff.

You do realize that's exactly who we grew up with though, correct? X-Men was huge for us but the trinity WERE comics for most of my life. Either this is purely autistic bait or you really are fucking stupid.

From BTAS to STAS to JLU, the comics from the former two, the comics about all three of the characters. I really don't see how someone could say something so foolish. Do you think 90s kids were reading Image??? No, we read trinity titles from DC and X-Men (blue team) from Marvel.

If I'd one, I would rather put that you brain, bub.

"Growing up with such and such" is not and shouldn't necessarily be synonymous with "KNOW EVERY SINGLE DETAIL ABOUT SUCH AND SUCH". Chill bro

lol. Good comeback autist. Guess that means you're a bitch then? Or that responding to a faggot on Sup Forums literally means nothing?

Why do you think anyone needs to prove anything to you? And why do any of the faggots that attempted to do so think they should?

I'd rather a bunch of shills talk shit about each others movies than a "you don't know what you say you know" or "90s kids aren't actual fans" thread.

>Either this is purely autistic bait or you really are fucking stupid.
I've no issue with what you're saying but what's the point of saying X-Men if the kid born after 90s who happen to grow up with same superheroes don't fucking know what gambit's abilities are?

Typical 90s kid rage lol

What is this strange need to prove the lies of strangers on the Internet about their childhood memories?

>"Growing up with such and such" is not and shouldn't necessarily be synonymous with "KNOW EVERY SINGLE DETAIL ABOUT SUCH AND SUCH".

It does matter or else it implies one is clearly just being pretentious.

Because childhood memories are deep and unforgettable. Also, childrens are the most curious creatures.

i disagree, dogs and monkies are clearly the most curious creatures

What was the name of Jubilee's younger sister?
Answer me this in 3 seconds or you are a fake geek girl.

Lmao what? I barely remember parts of my childhood except for really important moments. You only remember the shit you are asking, because you came across it again and again in your adult life.

disney duck stuff
Batman TAS and movies
X-men TAS
Spiderman TAS and random comics

I don't grew up with X-Men

>i disagree, dogs and monkies are clearly the most curious creatures
Show me a dog or a monkey reading comic or playing video games.

>Lmao what? I barely remember parts of my childhood
That means you pretty much turned the TV on and went out to play.

The New Teen Titans, Uncanny X-Men, Usagi Yojimbo, Spawn, WildCATS, Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, and Green Lantern.

I didn't grow up with X-Men.

Oh, and the Amazing Spider-Man.

I trust you and no way in hell you're a liar regarding this.

I lucked out.
My stepbrother was a fan and when his dad divorced my mom he dumped a truckload of old comics on me as a kid.
Spawn and WildCATS I got myself you, Green Lantern and JLA too.

I actually ended up liking NTT a lot as a kid because the idea that a boy sidekick like Robin could grow up and become his own person and hero was fascinating to me at the time.

How is my post guys?

Spider-man (specifically Ultimate, but I read plenty of by JMS as well)

How dare you lie about this user?

Trinity ftw.

'86

TinTin, Papyrus, Richie Rich, Casper and Archie.
Kaliman, Capulina and Memin Pinguin

I'm not from the US

Why WOULD I lie?
All that information reveals is that I can full grasp just how crappy modern comics has gotten.