Luke, did I ever tell you the story of Bigger Luke?

Luke, did I ever tell you the story of Bigger Luke?

Bigger Luke, commonly abbreviated to BL, or more uncommonly BgL, is the slightly larger manifestation of yourself that is said to appear in certain scenes of the original Star Wars Trilogy, contrasting to Regular Luke.

The appearance of Bigger Luke in a particular scene is generally, but not always, judged relative to the height of Han Solo, and as such Han is the primary go-to frame of reference amongst Bigger Luke Theorists. Because of this, "No Han Pics"(commonly abbreviated to NHP) are generally discouraged, as it is very difficult to determine Luke's height without Han Solo as a constant frame of reference. Whilst uncommon, the use of other Star Wars characters to judge Luke's height are not unheard of. The second most common character to judge if Bigger Luke is in the scene or not has generally been myself, followed closely by Princess Leia. The activity of combing the original Star Wars trilogy for instances of Bigger Luke is known as Luking.

He was a good friend.

Bigger Luke, formerly fuck and suck

0/10 sage'd

That's pretty interesting Ben, what significance does this have?

There have been many elaborate theories as to why there exists a larger version of Luke Skywalker in the original Star Wars films, however most theories fall into two general categories:
•The Canon Luke Hypothesis, sometimes simply The Bigger Luke Hypothesis, in which it is theorized that within the Star Wars universe and canon there does indeed exist a version of Luke Skywalker that is slightly larger than a posited regular Luke Skywalker, or Luke Prime.
•The Hamill Hypothesis, in which it is theorized that there exists an uncredited Mark Hamill look-alike who was used in certain scenes of the original trilogy for undisclosed reasons and whose identity has yet to be determined.

The Canon Luke Hypothesis is the most popular of the two, with the Hamill Hypothesis a close second.

That's great Ben but what does this have to do with whats going on! Are you saying Snoke is big Luke? Is big luke an evil twin? Do the Lukes know about each other? Do they occupy different packets of space time?

Just what does this MEAN for our galaxy so long ago and far away?

It is believed by supporters of the Canon Luke Hypothesis that my line shortly after Luke first succeeds in blocking the training remote's shots (You've taken your first step into a larger world) is evidence of my knowledge of there being a larger Luke Skywalker.

YES BUT WHY DOES IT MATTER? IS MY BIGGER TWIN EVIL? IS HE GONNA HELP US FIGHT THE EMPIRE? HE'S A SEPERATE PERSON RIGHT, SO HE HAS HIS OWN FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS?! WHAT IS HE AFTER?!

lot of samefagging in here, but i like the effort

Bigger Luke's alleged relationship with The Force has been a popular subject since day one, and various theories have been posited.

"Force Clone"

Perhaps I created an illusionary slightly larger Luke in A New Hope in order to potentially frighten imperial stormtroopers? Perhaps I have always been doing this? Perhaps I have been remotely replacing Luke with a slightly larger doppelgänger periodically throughout his life in order to deter would-be Imperial entanglements. Supporters argue this would explain my decision to give Luke to Owen and Beru Lars on Tatooine, as it has been criticized in recent years due to the revelation that Tatooine is in fact Darth Vader's home planet. Keeping Luke on Tatooine would allow me to periodically resize Luke, as it can be assumed that The Force has a limited range, even for a well-trained Jedi like myself.

Detractors argue that Imperial Stormtroopers would not be phased - let alone notice - a slightly larger Luke, and if that was the case why not keep Luke slightly larger at all times? It has also been argued that I am not limited to Tatooine, and could have gone to any planet he had decided to hide Luke.

Supporters argue that the sophisticated targeting computers likely present in Stormtrooper helmets would in fact be able to distinguish slight height fluctuations in Luke.

That doesn't make any SENSE Ben, how can you make clones of me at will. Besides, making me taller would only have helped me to get into the Imperial Academy - remember, i'm too short to be a Stormtrooper.

A somewhat controversial theory states that there is not a Bigger Luke or a Regular Luke, but in fact Luke is resizing between different shots. The most commonly cited reason for this phenomena is Luke's high force sensitivity. In some circles it is believed that high force sensitivity causes a person's size to fluctuate due to the immense energy contained within. It can therefore be assumed that all force sensitives fluctuate slightly in height.

OK BUT DOES THIS MATTER AT ALL!? CAN I GROW INTO A GIANT AND STEP ON DARTH VADER?!

Another popular theory posits that it was in fact myself who had cloned Luke Skywalker. Even before the prequels it had been implied that I had kept a watchful eye over Luke Skywalker his entire life, and the offhand mention of the Clone Wars implied I must have been familiar with clones. For over two decades it had been assumed by many Star Wars fans that the clones were the enemies the old republic fought against - come Attack of the Clones, it was discovered that I had fought on the side of the clones, which to many supporters of the the Obi-Wan cloning theory practically cemented their hypothesis as fact.

It was generally agreed that I would have used the same cloning technology that was used to create the Grand Army of the Republic - perhaps I managed to get Kaminoans to clone Luke? Perhaps they gave me the technology as my request? Many theories have been posited.

Revenge of the Sith would prove the gravedigger for this hypothesis, as it would prove for many detractors that I would likely not wish to partake in any form of cloning, as Order 66 would have, for obvious reasons, left a lasting negative impression of clones in my mind. Very few supporters of this theory remain to this day.

In the original draft of Star Wars, I was in fact going to be a clone myself.

I miss wookiepedia threads

Wait, you're a clone!? THEN WHAT AM I?

Not quite my boy, you see,

With the release of the prequels, it was discovered that R2-D2 is heavily woven into the backstory of Star Wars, and therefore must possess a foresight that most other characters lack. It can also be assumed that R2-D2 must have assimilated some knowledge of cloning throughout his adventures, having been smack dab in the middle of the Clone Wars for quite some time after all. It should also be noted that R2-D2 did not have his memory wiped, unlike C3P0, and unlike myself, being a machine, R2 would see things in a strictly pragmatic fashion. not shying away from cloning if it suited a purpose.

R2-D2 must therefore be aware of how potentially integral Luke Skywalker is to saving the galaxy from the Empire. It is possible that, whilst Luke was away - perhaps shortly before running away to find me - R2 managed to clone Luke in some fashion, perhaps as a backup in case Regular Luke died, and randomly shuffles them around through a complex system of teleporters and cryosleep pods. Perhaps Luke's conciousness is transferred back and forth between bodies? Perhaps he notices no difference in between transferences, not even aware he is being shuffled between different bodies.

In 1991 the comic Dark Empire was released, and portrayed a reborn Sheev; his consciousness was transferred into a clone body. This gives precedent to the possibility that R2 is indeed switching Luke's conciousness between two cloned bodies, one slightly larger than the other, as it proves this is indeed possible within the Star Wars universe.

Does that mean R2D2 is behind everything?! Just who made that droid?! Anakin Skywalker made C-3PO, but R2-D2 was just... just there!

Also where did he keep the clone when we boarded the millenium falcon

Luke hints at the existence of teleportation early on in A New Hope ("Not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock."), therefore it is quite possible Bigger Luke is indeed being teleported into certain shots of the original Star Wars trilogy.

It is possible that this is a tactic to help mitigate fatigue. However, if that was the case, why didn't R2 shuffle Luke's wounded body in The Empire Strikes Back post-wampa attack for a healthier, and likely bigger, Luke? This has remained one of the most pressing questions for supporters of this hypothesis.

Furthermore if R2 is able to keep constant tabs on Luke to the effect that he can teleport Luke out of danger at any second, why even bother with transferring consciousness to another Luke? It has been suggested that this is done so Luke remains a constant throughout his endeavors, as Luke suddenly disappearing would cause much confusion. The process with which Regular Luke is teleported away, has his consciousness transferred to the body of Bigger Luke, and then teleported to where Regular Luke formally was must be so incredibly fast as to be nearly instantaneous - as well as extremely precise.

A theory posits that the two Luke bodies are tela-neurologically linked in some way, and are thus "in sync" with one another - if Regular Luke, for example, were to lift his arm, the otherwise unconscious body of Bigger Luke held somewhere in a remote facility would lift its arm as well. This is believed to be the only way in which the shuffling can be done at such speed, as otherwise it would take too long to get one body into the same position as the other body.

If an onlooker were to witness this shuffle, they would most likely notice Luke flickering for a millisecond - and of course growing slightly larger.

>18 replies
>6 poster

But Ben, if R2D2 could teleport, why doesn't he just teleport darth vader into the sun? Why does he play with our lives like this? ...Is he... listening right now?

well, as far as I knew it was literally just me and one guy going back and forth, so that makes sense

What are you one about, Ben?

Haha what a story Ben

It is also easily possible that R2 is shuffling Lukes to mess with the targeting computers of Imperial Stormtroopers and keep Imperials from finding him in general, much like the "Force Clone/Resizing Luke" Hypothesis elaborated on earlier in this page. Indeed, the vast majority of sub-theories within the Canon Luke Hypothesis are compatible with this assumed purpose.

Wait, is that why the Storm Troopers couldn't hit us when we were escaping the Death Star despite being able to precisely shoot down a massive sand crawler with small arms? Does that mean R2 has clones of Leia too?

If R2 is indeed teleport-shuffling Luke Prime with a cloned Bigger Luke, this would imply that R2 has access to technology far beyond that of the rest of the galaxy. How does R2 have access to a technology that even the Empire lacks? The Empire is never seen utilizing any form of teleportation, and it is also possible that Luke's acknowledgement of teleportation was merely intended to be sarcastic, at least as far as the Star Wars canon is concerned. However, his otherwise tongue-in-cheek statement may be intended to hint to the viewer that Luke is, in fact, being teleported at regular intervals by some unknown force, probably R2.

If R2 is indeed doing this, the astromech droid would require some means of doing so, and therefore it is valid to theorize that R2 has somehow managed to establish an advanced and elaborate cloning and teleportation facility somewhere in the Star Wars galaxy, possibly and probably during the 19 year timespan between episodes III and IV.

There have been many hypothesized locations for this alleged facility throughout the years since the discovery of the Bigger Luke phenomenon, not the least of which are:

...are what? NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH ARE WHAT!? BEN!? BEEEEEEENNN!?

why do you assume that Luke Prime is the smaller one? what if Bigger Luke is Luke Prime and Manlet Luke is the clone/force ghost/whatever?

Sorry my boy, I must have dozed off.

The Jundland Wastes. If one recalls, upon crash landing on Tatooine at the start of A New Hope, R2-D2 decides to make his way in the direction of the Jundland Wastes, much to the dismay of C3P0 (Well I'm not going that way. It's much too rocky. This way is much easier.). R2-D2's determination to get there may be an indication of there being a massive cloning facility buried underneath the various crags and canyons.

It can be determined for obvious reasons that R2-D2 does not need to directly be at any of these cloning facilities in order to use them, as he manages to teleport the two Lukes around when he's at different locations in the Star Wars galaxy. Therefore it can safely be assumed that R2-D2 is able to maintain subspace communication with various advanced and probably automated systems at this facility.

How does R2 manage to maintain communication with the facility at such long ranges?
R2 probably makes use of the Imperial HoloNet. R2 has shown on numerous occasions that he possessed the ability to hack into various Imperial systems with little difficulty. R2 can therefore be assumed to be resourceful enough to manage this complex endeavor.

Oh, sorry, you scared me for a second I thought R2D2 teleported you into a star.

So, R2D2 has a giant cloning facility, maybe buried beneath the Jundland wastes - does that mean he employs the Sand People to chase away explorers an Spice Miners? Anyway, I guess it's good he's looking out for me, but if he can do all of this why doesn't he clone an army to defeat the Empire?

An early theory posited that all manifestations of Luke were clones - one, of course, being slightly larger than the other, and the original Luke was actually a soldier during the Clone Wars.

With the release of Attack of the Clones in 2002 and Revenge of the Sith in 2005, this theory has since been discredited, as the true nature of the Clone Wars - as well as the circumstances of Luke's birth - are now known.

Direct evidence of a second Luke in the Special Edition?

In the Special Edition of A New Hope, there is a frame shown at approximately 26 minutes into the film, right before Uncle Owen is seen calling for Luke. One can clearly see to the right of the frame another Luke Skywalker.

[pic related] Could this be direct evidence towards there being another Luke Skywalker? Unfortunately, due to being an NHP, it is impossible to decipher if this is Bigger Luke or Regular Luke.

Why a second Luke, perhaps Luke's slightly larger clone, is hanging around the homestead at this point in the film is up to speculation. Perhaps R2 keeps Bigger Luke around the homestead when he's not in use? Perhaps it's Luke Prime? Was this before Luke's conciousness was transferred, and a zoned out, lifeless Luke husk was wandering around the homestead? Was it even conscious at that point? Was Owen Lars in on it?

Geese Ben, this is a pretty big rabbit hole. Does any of this even matter at the end of the day?

Of course, my boy

>luke, did i ever tell you about autism?
>it was a good friend

This whole thread feels like a star wars themed version of ancient aliens

What is the relation between Bigger Luke, Luuke and Luuuke?

I can't discern parody from actual Star Wars EU shit anymore.

bump

Ben, did the 2 suns hit you too hard?