STD Star Trek Discovery

make the klingons speak english ok, I hate having to read subtitles

Then learn Klingon its really that simple, besides if they spoke english the show would be too easy too follow and STD is the most cerebral show ever made which is why old trek fans dont like it since their old and probably getting dumber or dementia take your pick.

>"REMAIN KLINGON! But also talk in English, guys. Fuck immersion, we have to cater to people with low reading skills."

I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones In Outer Space (DSG).

Is this the Oriville? Is it good?

>someone wasted their time making that

The show is meant for the walking dead audience as the CEO at CBS said. GOT is pleb tier at best compared to the diversity shown in STD which makes it the best trek show ever made which critics even prove if you look at rotten tomatos.

Its also like walking dead because noone is safe, so many people die on STD almost every ep a bunch that you never know who it will be and when which is why scifi fans keep tuning in for more.

Did the writers forget that photon torpedoes are more powerful than nuclear weapons? This "rescue" mission should have ended with the total destruction of the colony when they pulled that stunt.

wasnt there a shorter one?

29 KB
29 KB JPG
Why is Jason Isaacs the only actor not talking in his natural accent?

Every time he talks American I keep thinking of the other Captain he played in Black Hawk Down.

>That's not actually Netflix's business model. I'm too lazy to find their official thing but they basically explained that their intent is to get the most viewers by going after the highest number of niche shows, rather than try to pick up or create the most viewed shows (i.e. chasing after "what's popular")

I dont disagree however what we do know from CBS itself at their quaterlies is that netflix funded the entire first season through the negotiation for worldwide exclusive distribution rights outside of some markets such as Canada on Space TV for example.

This is why many speculate if netflix was served a bait and switch with STD that it was supposed to be prime but is indeed kelvin and their own viewers are not happy or the show does poorly on their service then lawsuits may be in the future for CBS over the debacle.

it's DIS you dumb faggot

anyone pick up the new STD merch so their not left in the digital dust when showing off to their friends their inner geek when flexing their power nerd muscle?

How did the Discovery destroy two Birds of Prey in two shots?

Did they not have shields up? Were they just little fighters? What? Why?

I love all the shows that are true to trek like this image proves.

STD
(formerly DIS)
(formerly DSC)
(formerly DSG)
(formerly DISCO)
(formerly DISCGOVERY)

really DSG how did they figure that one out? I been using STD forever but I never heard of DSG what would that even mean?

After destroying 2 instantly, why did the Captain decide to not fire on them again and come up with his dumb plan that relied on him somehow knowing the Klingons were going to try and ram him???

just turn off your brain is what the writers said about the new show, if your thinking too much about the show instead of how cool it looks your doing it wrong.

For example look at this ship and watch how cool it looks when it spins around.

thats a goodun wouldnt mind more of Michael just standing there watching instead of ya know doing anything but its gold user, pure gold!

Does anyone think that STD will become popular enough that a scene like this could happen where they force orville to air it so everyone can laugh at how bad the show is?

star wars should never look this woah sicknasty! cool

i take your word for it so someone added a G to it, well we do strange things as anons at times so I can buy that.

Is this a Dead Space TV show?

Ok, so I thought everyone hated Michael because she killed T'Kuvma, thus turning him into a martyr and a cause that united the Klingons.

But now we learn that T'Kuvma's ship has been stuck at the battlefield for 6 months with no rescue until now (and remember, all the other Klingon ships warped out before T'Kuvma was killed). So really, no Klingon should have known until now that T'Kuvma was dead.

>Dude it's not a predator, it only acts in self defense!
>Introduced last episode killing a Klingon out of nowhere and then spent 15 minutes chasing down the Away Team (including back into the room it wanted to escape from!)

Why did they have to make a star trek called STD? Surely someone would have noticed this. Couldn't they have called it Star Trek: Horizon?

>they turn on the wacky fungus drive
>the the middle parts of the two rings of the already nonsensically designed saucer start rotating in alternate directions
I can't handle this shit. What possible purpose can this serve? The engine most likely isn't even in that part of the ship

Star Trek: Intrepid?

no not at all. Michael was warned by Sarek when he used an interstellar vulcan mind meld to reach michael and communicate with her from across the Galaxy that Klingons are bad.

Michael proved that by attacking the Klingons first to show how warlike they are and Michael was right. The klingons then attacked the federation like animals because their the bad guys showing that Michael is not only smarter than klingons but smarter than most officers in the federation.

Star Trek: Agenda?

She just wanted KaShush senpai to notice her

I been watching the show and the ship is named Discovery because we are discovering what Trek is really about. Since this takes place before all the other trek shows except enterprise it allows them to change everything trek fans thought they knew about star trek because this show is newer which makes STD better and that is a flat fact.

Ok then why does everyone hate Michael and blame her for starting the war? Her mutiny was a total failure. The only actual action of consequence she took was shooting T'Kuvma. Or is this just another case of everyone else in the universe is a horrible asshole and Michael is a poor persecuted soul?

>but smarter than most officers in the federation.

Except they're not. The Federation specifically fucked off from the Klingons and don't know how to respond. They had gone uncontacted for years.

Michael's answer was the Vulcan answer - wage an all out, ruthless war against the Klingons in hope they will respect you as warriors. This was, and never will be, Star Fleets approach.

Star Fleet knew a war was coming, but thought peace was possible.

>Her mutiny was a total failure.
how was it a failure when she destroyed all the evidence and the ship is gone making her one of the best officers in the federation which saru says and the prisoners on the prison ship say she is the greatest officer ever in the history of starfleet.

She started the war to prove klingons are warlike and Sarek was right they are showing that Michael is more than meets the eye when it comes to her superiority.

Star Trek: Infinity

It's pretty clever. I wanna see something this clever from STD fans.

Did you write this copy yourself, or did you get it from your supervisor?

Star Trek: Origins?

>thought peace was possible.
see that is the problem Michael is smarter than star fleet as has been proven in the show and they say many times at different points over the series so far because she is a woman. The klingons cant be trusted they are bad guys and sarek knew that and many say that Sarek is in love with his sister Michael so there may be more going on than we know since Sarek could have contacted anyone but he chose Michael.

>It's pretty clever.
No, it isn't.

Bro, I love me some Trek, but lets not get out of hand here. STD isn't that great right now fact , but that doesn't mean it might be able to find its stride in the future. Hopefully.

So instead of expanding on the Discovery crew, they kill off one of the few we've been introduced to an episode later. So I guess it's just going to be Captain Psychopath, First Officer Worrywart, Scientist Prick, and Cadet Talkative, who can't scrape together a single likeable character between them?

Oh Ok, sorry user, you are the boss. My bad, you decide all things clever here lol.

how about Star Trek: UTI?

Spinning is a good trick.

I like the Captain and First Officer

Are you upset because The Orville looks more like TNG instead of the glib facsimile that is STD?

That's not a clever thing to say, either. Just stop.

Michael isn't smarter. Peace was indeed possible with the Klingons, and reached. It just doesn't happen here. Michael's approach might not have resulted in peace at all either.

Michael committed mutiny to try shoot first - and given the giant fucking cloaked ship, would have resulted in everyone dying.

Michael has an INSANE amount of flaws, but her using Vulcan Logic to make the only "sane" rational argument, direct from SpockDaddy, is not one of them.

Her issue is she is a retard who mutinies and sets phasers to kill, not that she understands Klingon nature from a purely logical standpoint

>Star Trek: Infinity
>STI
kek

Yeah but Ripper joined the crew so maybe they felt like they needed to kill one off so they wouldn't have to focus on too many people.

Ripper is gonna be the breakout character, mark my words

Ok user, my bad, lets get back on topic, what's your favorite thing about STD? :-)

He's already one of my favorites.

Autism-chan

*She

*Xer

Guys, I named the general properly this time so there wouldn't be shitposting or arguing about bullshit.

Please discuss the show STD and keep it on topic. Otherwise take your shit to /trek/.

dam Michael is hardcore! As a huge fan of the show Im really glad to watch Michael develop as a character, its as if were on the journey as she discovers herself as a woman which is every real trekkers dream!

Yea but we dont need any other cast we just need more michael!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Queen can SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Look at what she did to those klingons and we all know what they represent.

Ok, so maybe this is autistic, but that star sequence was dumb as fuck. So they took to call it an O type star. Fine, but O types are blue. This isn't hard to look up, stellar sequences have a simple wikipedia page with a nice explanation chart. Second of all, stars are big. Really big. Really really really big. If they were about to collide with it, the star should have been absolutely massive and taken up the entire screen.

and they just turned around using thrusters and moved forward a little bit
>we have cleared the gravity well
lol

star trek does take some liberties with star classification and planet types from M planets to say demon planets that arent real scientific terms at least not yet, but that is more simply because they dont exist yet.

The irony is that Orville is LITERALLY a glib facsmile

Yep. And the only reason idiots pretend to like it is because they thinking doing so somehow slights Discovery.

also they appear super close to it. My first reaction was. jo shields up maybe? They do after like 15 seconds. Idk seems like they should be dead by then

piezoelectric charge
>something to spend the cgi budget on

we are at 2187.25 federation deaths per episode right now

Yusso stoopiid doncha wannabe liek....
E L O N M U S K ?
*mic drop
*360 reverse Marswalk
*SCIENCEDUBSTEP

I don't even watch STD, but Orville is the very non-meme definition of a "glib facsimile", whether you like it or not

It's kind of ridiculous how much they're blowing on the effects budget anyway

every action show needs a big cgi budget user, how will we see michael kill all those space goblins and save the federation without a big cgi budget?

no

its constantly ruined by shit jokes and 'kooky mcfarlene talks to himself' moments. if it took itself seriously it had potential.

Go watch it for free.

>I don't even watch STD
>In an STD thread.
>doesn't like Orville

What are you even doing here? STD threads are for the following:
Getting mad about the acronym
&
Arguing with Orville fans

Which is 100% okay because what this turn into is a containment thread. so that /trek/ general threads can be free of all these things STD and Orville.

Probably the most kino scene in star trek history since the klingons look way better than they ever have before because STD has more money to produce higher production values, each episode is like a movie with its visuals.

their only spending 8.1 million per ep on effects that is chump change for STD compared to how movies can cost 200 million dollars and we get to tune into STD every week to see a whole new movie which is pretty rad you gotta admit!

No the orville is the worst show ever made. Im impartial as i have been watching the show but it seems everyone hates orville because its so bad that it will fail.

trash talking it is pretty fun

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

>each episode is like a movie with its visuals.
>we get to tune into STD every week to see a whole new movie
> pretty rad

0/10
Be more subtle next time.

I just started watching today and Jesus, I unironically love the look of the Klingons here. Truly kino Klingon design.

Her 'buns' are perfect desu

is there a version of this with the death of that retarded security officer in episode 4 of STD?

Star Trek Discovery

As wide as an ocean
as shallow as a puddle

It needs to get a lot better. I have hope for it.

>Episode 4 opens with a MASSIVE 20 CGI orgasm all over the viewers faces with sparks and shit doing funky quantum physics stuff
>It's the replicator making a uniform

Is this the Scifi version of Michael Bay?

>I have hope for it.
lel, why?

I was thinking CSI

How does shroom drive work

Mainly because ENT didn't hit it stride until the later seasons. It's possible Discovery can be salvaged, but it really needs some fixing.

The only thing I was thinking during that scene is how much budget they are wasting for the show to looks "cool and exciting".

Should've used that money to hire good writers and shit.

Americans and their problems with subtitles

Yes like ST9 and STV and of course STT, STE, and lastly STN!

what about her teeth? or side profile in general?

Why is Ensign Rivers from Enterprise on there with all the captains?

This is Netflix biggest weakness, in the last few years they've gone on an sjw writer recruitment drive.
I remember watching the 1st whole series of Marco polo thinking it had potential. Series 2 episode 1 and a Chinese woman that's never met a European before shits on Marco about his white privelige or some shit.