Why not Blue Beatle instead of Cyborg for the tech factor in the JL?

Why not Blue Beatle instead of Cyborg for the tech factor in the JL?

Because they wanted to beat Marvel with a black man.

But Black Panther cucked them.

blue beetle isn't black; he's blue

the real question is why doesn't cyborg have a real rogue's gallery?

Because they wanted a black guy, simple as that. Doesnt matter if Blue Beetle would have better character interactions with Barry and Shazam
They're trying user, you just wont buy his solo book.

You know I wouldn't mind a JL run with Jaime on the team but I don't think that will happen since is whole thing is inexperienced young hero

He wasn't in Super Friends
He doesn't have a Boom Tube that makes writing even more lazier

We're talking about comics user Cyborg has been on the league since 2011.

Because he was always a team member and didn't get a solo ongoing even after the New 52 happened until DCYOU happened.
The current writer, John Semper Jr., has been trying to build Cyborg a supporting cast, arch nemesis, and rogues gallery.

Because more parents know cyborg from TTGo

They could have use pic related, most young adults these days grew up with the justice league cartoon anyway.

Because nobody liked Cyborg. Ever. Really even his name is weak sauce. Cyborg? Really? Do you have any idea how many cyborgs exist in comics?

Man I fucking love Metallo. Shame him and Parasite never get much love

The classic Justice League looks very very white.
Steel would have made more sense. But Steel, like Blue Beetle, has full body armor.
It's all about optics.

Is Grid the arch-nemesis?

Yeah, but Johns was probably in the room when they went over the roster, and he wouldn't let anyone put a Green Lantern who isn't Hal there.

Are they still allowed to use shit like Icon and Static? If so, Static would be better desu

i'm sick of magic-ass technology
then again that's where theyre going with this version of cyborg so fuckit

yeah well only the STAS versions were good, so

>why doesn't cyborg have a real rogue's gallery?

Make a villain for Cyborg. I've got one: Boulder. He's a big strong rock guy. Invulnerable, slow, and powerful. Favorite catchphrase "hack THIS!" Obviously the difficulty that Cyborg has is that he can't use brute force or hacking to beat him.

Because Blue Beetle's a complete novice hero with not that much recognizably, and his armor is basically just for minor shapeshifting and turning hands into guns.

put all the robots/borgs on a team together

cyborg and red tornado as leads

robot adversaries and match ups

It's because they are both OP, even for Superman. He can't have a straight fight with either of them without dying.

Because Jaime isn't a tech genius. His armor does all the work.

I honestly thing there's already a Teen Titans villain like that. I think he even has the same name.

there is

Steel is also basically Superman's sidekick. Putting him as one of the main characters and the only minority character in your flagship title is a lot harder sell than Cyborg.

Black Lightning or Mr Terrific would make more sense, but they're literally whos compared to Vic too.

As a normie

Blue who?

Because in the muhdiversity hierarchy, black is higher than hispanic.

Nostalgia mostly.

DCEU would be loved way more if they just gave in and copied the cartoon.

They would need to ret con him and make him at least wally tier older

He's actually also alien factor while being tech factor at the she time

Or maybe just use black or green Beatle

Think I've read this somewhere

He can't really be the tech guy because he actually doesn't know a shit about tech.

They completely fucked up their chances with Static. The New 52 run was so bad Milestone made sure they couldn't mess him up further.

It is about to be 2017, why do Cyborg still look so incomplete? Warsman is a cyborg, and you don't see his wires, screws and plates showing.

You mean Red Tornado leads, RT has been in the game longer than Cyborg. He can be second in command.

>the real question is why doesn't cyborg have a real rogue's gallery?
He was created to be part of a team book and never had a comic of his own, and recently was placed onto a different team book.
He's never had a rogues gallery (most superheroes don't have much of one BTW) because his rogues were always the villains in whatever team he was on at any given moment.

Do you even READ comics?

Actually the Cyborg you pictured there wasn't a even cyborg yet when Cyborg was originally created.
In fact relatively few popular characters WERE cyborgs at the time of his creation and the book that popularized the modern definition of the term (human with metal parts) had only recently been published when he was created.

Basically it's an instance of him being extremely original and topical when he was created (the early 1980's), but as time went on like all topical and "new" things it's uniqueness faded, especially with the late 80's and early 90's when cybernetically augmented characters became all the rage due to cyberpunk fiction being something of a fad.

Also Ted Kord

His armor does

Cyborg originally didn't either

Mexicans don't net you nearly as many brownie points as black people do. Cyborg just isn't very interesting and just the current black superhero DC is trying to push. In 5-10 years some other black superhero will be the designated black hero for a time

>The New 52 run was so bad Milestone made sure they couldn't mess him up further.

Damn how bad was it?

I don't follow the games much but this is Jaime? Why is he nearly buffed like Black Beetle?

Cyborg is smarter, more advanced, and more powerful than Blue Beetle.

>tech factor
Fuck off and die avenger fag.

Pretty much these most of my normie friends are in their 25 when the GL movie came out they were all like "isn't GL black?"

Blue Beetle isn't black and that's the only diversity that matters

I read Avengers AI too

Smarter yes, and also more versatile, but more advanced and more powerful I'm not sure.

He is half motherbox, that automatically makes him the most advanced piece of technology in the DCU

He could be a blaxican

But there aren't any swaps on the League except for AM who's now a pacific islander. Plus more people know who is cyborg than blue beetle and they passed up other black characters for that very reason. Hell, in the Coco threads, there were anons bitching about mexican rep vs south american rep in films. Also batgirl in the lego batman movie, along with gordon, now appear to be hispanic as well.

Coulda had Beanman Beetle. Everyone has a black guy now a days. The real edge is Mexican or a Paki!