There is no place for government secrecy in a Democracy

>There is no place for government secrecy in a Democracy.
>Snowden was a hero of the people.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3038406/TCS-CATALOG.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Youre an idiot. There

That's a fantastic arguement friendo.

If America was a democracy, it'd collapse in five minutes. It'd be worse than Africa.

OK, user, we will tell you our detailed contingency plan in the event our shores are invaded by a foreign aggressor but you have to promise not to tell any foreigners. OK?

People literally cant handle the truth. Look at sjws. That is just a tiny example. Secrets have to be kept to protect the people. Its just difficult to differentiate what must be shared and what musnt. Hence govt corruption. Most people are too stupid to handle secrets. This is why you are an idiot. Some things people just dont need to know

He released documents about our spying ops in Russia and China. Leaking the NSA surveillance alone would be forgivable, maybe, by the government because of popular demand. What he did won't be forgivable ever, he is very lucky he is still alive.

>there is no place for government secrecy in a democracy

yeah okay, why don't we publish all of our troop movements publicly during wartime

Have plan plan that's compatible with no secrecy, such as "anyone who invades us will be nuked, mutually assured destruction style".

he might not live for much longer. the Russians are afraid, they think he'll inspire a Russian Snowden. they want them gone. if he doesn't find a way to safely get himself out of Russia, the Russians will take care of him like they took care of Edward Lee Howard. This is why Snowden has recently pressed Obama again for a pardon.

is the military not an institution outside of democracy? One that's sole purpose is to preserve the democracy?

In fact I was regularly told "this is not a democracy" when I served.

Snowden was a limited hangout.

Snowden was just a glorified Bradley Manning who was turned into a "hero" as damage control only because he wasn't caught. He didn't do anything worthwhile.

Once a rat always a rat. It's like cheating; you just know.

He's a hero. I hope he can come home someday.

I'll just leave this here.

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3038406/TCS-CATALOG.pdf

> Reports of secret government activity should be "curated" though before being released to the public though

His words.

Agree somewhat.

Transparency, accountability, etc define responsible GOVERNMENTS because they're elected in or not based on the people's will, so any media reporting on governments is okay. Change from governments to law enforcement agencies and switch the media with Russian intelligence, the start wanting to see someone hung for treason.

No bootlicker here, I swear, but I don't appreciate traitors. If you had used Asange instead, who's basically an alternative media CEO (wikileaks et all) then I'd have shut the fuck up. Snowden went straight to the Russians to get paid, deny this you cunt.

Snowden is a traitor who went against all of his responsibilities, and recklessly leaked information.

I'm more tolerant towards Assange, due to his not being a government employee. He has no such responsibility.

That's not a plan

Guess who gave those officers their commissions? Democratically elected leaders