I used to read Marvel for many years and eventually stopped...

I used to read Marvel for many years and eventually stopped. Not because there was anything wrong with the comics or a particular story. I just had other things to do and I lost interest in comics.

I heard that Civil War 2 ended and I was considering picking up Marvel comics again, but I have this feeling that if I try reading current Marvel I'll just end up getting pissed off.

I'm a white, male, Trump-supporting Christian and I'm concerned that if I read Marvel comics, all I'll end up getting is a bunch of social commentary designed to make me feel like a terrible person. I know the people working at Marvel Studios are a bunch of liberal douchebags and all the Avengers stars went on their whole pissy fit where they literally begged people not to vote for Trump.

You don't see a whole lot social commentary in the Marvel Studios films, but I know comics are a very different story. There's more incentive to keep social commentary out of film than there is to keep it out of comics. Since the 2000s at least, comics have been full of social commentary.

tl;dr Can Trump supporters get any enjoyment out of reading Marvel or will they just get bombarded by liberal propaganda?

Nope, stick to DC. What makes Rebirth so great is that they've taken a stance against SJW pandering and are trying to push leftists out of the industry.

It's really pretty outstanding how DC keeps innovating and pushing the medium forward into new and interesting ways while providing affordable but hard hitting masterpieces and genre-defining works, meanwhile Marvel is pretty much nothing but SJW shilling meme-garbage.

It blows my mind that anyone would ever waste money on Marvel when DC is, in literally every single way, a thousand times better.

>hulk is now a asian with the original white man dead
>Spiderman is now black and Hispanic with the original white man rumored to be killed off
>nova is Hispanic with original white man dead
>ms. marvel is muslim while the former namebearer takes her male counterparts name
>vison is a girl
>Captain america is black and the original being a secret nazi and predicted to die.
>new wolverine is a girl with the original white male dead
>ironman has black girl replacing him and he is rumored to die
>hawkeye replaced by a woman
>thor is now a woman

Depends on what you consider propaganda.

There's still good comics from Marvel, though. Vision was pretty good, and didn't really have any social commentary.

...OK, Vision's pretty good.

I guess it really depends what you're into, though. Some titles, like Gwenpool appeal to their audience, and Ms. Marvel's social commentary wasn't too bad (up until where I read). People seem to like Captain Hydra.

Why would I be crying? You guys rigged a presidential election and somehow you still lost. That's just pathetic.

First of there are other comic publishers besides marvel and dc that do better work you should check out.Second of all not every marvel series is SJW or suffering from social commentary,nova,ultimates,unworthy Thor,USAvengers,she hulk,cho hulk,daredevil etc,when marvel does do social commentary it's weak and it's best to avoid those titles but this whole meme that either dc,marvel or any company can be universally good or universally bad has got to stop.

why is one turtle a robot?

Newfag detected the old white nova is back,Hawkeye died in frickin 2007,Steve Rogers is not a nazi and Thor is coming back

don't forget
>moon knight is now a jew with steven grant killed off
>MODOK killed off and replaced by a literal Trump parody
>iron man was killed off and replaced by a gypsy because #romanilivesmatter
>deadpool gets cucked then killed off and replaced by a quirky teen girl that never kills because killing isn't pc enough
>falcon replaced with an illegal mexican immigrant
>usagent, the right-wing captain america, treated as a super-villain working for nazis that gets killed off
>foolkiller, the utlimate right-wing hero, is no a liberal yuppie hipster written by some anti-trump emo musician
>star-lord now a woman
>peter quill now gay
>she-hulk killed off and replaced by a tranny hulk
>iron patriot killed off and replaced by an asian lesbian
>captain america replaced by a pair of black women because black men weren't progressive enough
>citizen v replaced by a black-latino brazillian
>quasar killed off and replaced by a woman

Avengers Disassembled came out in 2004. He came BACK in Secret Invasion. He just didn't become Hawkeye again until the Heroic Age, but Kate never stopped being Hawkeye at any point.

Half your posts are literal lies,star lord isn't gay,She hulk isn't a tranny,deadpool is alive and has 3 books,star lord is still a man,an MODOK wasn't replaced by a trump parody that was a gag issue in the spidergwen universe and Gwen pool kills

lmao you can't be serious here, shill:

>nova
white man replaced by a mexican

>ultimates
primarily white team replaced with an all-nigger team

>unworthy Thor,
nothing but shilling for whor

>USAvengers
"american" team with almost no americans

>she hulk
killed off and replaced by a tranny

>cho hulk
white man killed off and replaced by an asian

>daredevil
white man reumored to be killed off and replaced by an illegal chinese immigrant

like the other user said, just stick to dc, that's where the master works are

>bait stating something is bait by replying the fron user
here is your yo-... oh

>star lord isn't gay
his new comic is clearly gay pandering and if you don't see that then you're probably a cuck

>She hulk isn't a tranny
her book is literally called "hulk" now and she turns into hulk instead of she-hulk because sexy women in mini-skirts is too un-pc for this anti-trump company to stomach

>deadpool is alive
for now. he's already all but confirmed to be killed off in the upcoming cuck wars event where his wife that cucked him is going to kill him off because "gurrrrrrrl power"

>star lord is still a man
pic related

>an MODOK wasn't replaced by a trump parody that was a gag issue in the spidergwen universe
if you don't think that he's going to become the main modok from now on then you're fucking delusional. he was clearly being set up to be a recurring antagonist

>Gwen pool kills
found the waifu faggot

forgot pic

Whats this she-hulk being a tranny shit about ?

because thats my fetish

God you couldve tried harder
>Rich Rider is back and doesnt matter if Sam is a spic, he was still a fun character
>Different Ultimates from the Ultimate Avengers
>Unworthy Thor hasnt mentioned Jane FosThor since the first issue
>The USAvengers one youre fucking pulling my leg, all of them are american
>Pulling my leg with She-Hulk
>Chulk is great
>Daredevil is still Matt Murdock, his chink friend died

Go back to sucking off Zack Snyder for his shitty Christ allegories

He's just shitposting. Jen's new book is about how the trauma from CWII has fucked up her transformation so instead of turning into she-hulk, she becomes a roided out rage monster akin to Bruce's transformation, so the book is called "Hulk" instead of "She-Hulk."

But if you want "female -> male" transformations, check out Great Lakes Avengers. The new member of the team is a girl named Good Boy who can turn into her fursona, a blue wolf-man.

Both books (GLA #3 and Hulk #1) have been storytimed and can still be read through the archives if you're interested.

I want She-hulk to be a tranny so we can get a scene where she rapes Carol hard with her newly acquired Hulk dick

>doesnt matter if Sam is a spic
>SJW pandering is OK when it panders to me
you need to go back

>he was still a fun character
hi loeb, how's your son doing? oh right he died of cancer because he couldn't stand having such a hack for a dad

>Different Ultimates from the Ultimate Avengers
yeah, one was all white and the new one is all black. defend this: you can't

>Unworthy Thor hasnt mentioned Jane FosThor since the first issue
i don't know who this "jane fosthor" is. do you mean whor?

>The USAvengers one youre fucking pulling my leg, all of them are american
>vietnamese
>brazillian
>norwegian
>black girl from the future
lol ok

>Pulling my leg with She-Hulk
read some comics. her new series is literally called "hulk."

>Chulk is great
if pandering to sjws by replacing a white man with an asian is "great" then you don't belong here

>Daredevil is still Matt Murdock, his chink friend died
mark my words they're going to replace him with the chink and you're delusional if you don't realise it

>Go back to sucking off Zack Snyder for his shitty Christ allegories
>le bvs is bad meme
you're trying too hard

Marvel's just trying to pique outside interest in the industry and they're seeing market trends change because women are supposedly about half of the people who buy comic books, according to some research. You may hate Spider Gwen, Gwenpool, (I'm not particularly fond of them either) and any of the major heroes who are now female but that's where Marvel thinks the industry is heading so naturally they hire on writers who are more interested in telling minority/women led stories. And with that you get the more left-leaning messages too because, well, most women and minorities ain't exactly Trump people. At least the ones who buy comics books aren't.

I'm all for representation in comics and I don't see how it harms anyone if a black kid can pick up a comic book and see a cool hero he can identify with the same way white nerdy kids identified with Peter Parker growing up. Instead of throwing them a token black dude, why not give them a major hero representing them? Same with girls reading female-led comics. Female Thor's not really my cup of tea but I bet there's a girl or young woman out there who eats that shit up.

It's just for different folks. If you don't want to read it, that's fine, but I don't begrudge its existence. Maybe it's because I haven't really been reading Marvel lately but I just don't see what the big deal is with changing the status quo to reflect a more diverse cast. I'm probably with you guys when it comes to personal taste. I'm not claiming to be some sjw who will buy seven copies of all of these “super progressive comics” but what's the harm in trying something new?

It's why we see a lot of female-led comedies and action movies now, isn't it? Because the male ones have been done before. So why not try something different? Whether they're good or not is a different story but I can at least appreciate trying to cater to a different audience and try to find a way to keep the stories fresh and interesting.

>Let me use this misleading crop that's literally a year and a half old and a bunch of fucking hearsay to prove my point

man, I get hating on Marvel, they deserve it
but half of these are half-truth or blatant lies
still, OP should stay away from Marvel for a whiles, maybe read King's Vision or Ewing's New Avengers (if you dont mind some dumb campy stuff)

Moon Knight's always been a jew you moron.One of the reasons he became a fucking merc was because his dad was a rabbi and he had daddy issue.

God you retards are easy to bait.

Prove it, libercuck.

Basically all I'm reading from you is
>le sjw boogeyman

>read some comics
How bout you read some comics, obviously judging on looks AND thinking BvS is actually good

Other good Marvel comics currently running that he might like. (Again, "might," there's no accounting for tastes):
>Ewing's Ultimates/Ultimates^2
>Foolkiller
>Hulk
>Uncanny Avengers
>Nova
>Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows
>Unworthy Thor
>Ghost Rider
>Great Lakes Avengers
>Captain America: Steve Rogers if you're not on board for Steve Rogers Keikkaku's the Marvel Universe then I'm not sure what to tell ya'
>Gwenpool

>Since the 2000s at least, comics have been full of social commentary.

More like the 60's you fucking casual.

Not wanting jen to hulk out and make sweet buttlove with hercules

i never said it was good but claiming it's "bad" is blatant shitposting. it has some problems, most of which were fixed in the utlimate edition which i highly recommend everyone go out and buy because it's absolutely worth it, but it's still a solidly "decent" movie even without the ultimate edition's additions and changes to improve the pacing and clarity, and if nothing else, it's way better than any of the mcuck films.

>More like the 60's you fucking casual.
You mean the 30s.

>trying to damage control

Miss America is space Mexican and Carol and Anti-man are white.

>only white guy
>a villain literally named ANTI-MAN
if you don't see how this is blatant anti-straight white male pandering then i don't know what to tell you.

>we can pretend we're Sup Forums and get away with it

Fuck you

Nice pasta faggot.

You know, if they wanted more female readers they could have Spiderman in a long term romantic relationship like when he was married to Mary Jane. Perhaps drawn 90s style when he looked kinda sexy because you could see everything and his personality was great.

Spreading lies and half-truths on Sup Forums about comic stuff as a way to be able to pinpoint who actually knows what they're talking about and who are just posting stuff they read on here and took as fact despite not actually reading the related comics is a time honored tradition.

It's just that it used to be a way to pinpoint the handful of people that don't read comics and just regurgitate memes. Nowadays, the people who don't read comics and just regurgitate memes accounts for like 90% of Sup Forums's userbase so it's pretty pointless.

Woah man, yeah, that'd be so awesome. It's too bad Marvel will never put out an ongoing about a married Peter taking care of his super-powered kid with a top tier creative team.

OP here. This is my first time ever seeing that image.

Those are two of the worst Spidey costumes I've ever seen.

I really really wish i could like this, but with mayday not existing i just cant do it. The Mc2niverse was my comfy Sup Forums happy place

>Champions
>the only white guy on the team is constantly berated and called literally Hitler

Not OP here.

The problem I always have with "trying something new" is that they stop doing the "old" thing that worked and had a lot of fans. Porque no los dos? That's the main thing that irks me. Their argument is always "hey we had done this in 1982, now in this decade we'll be doing this other thing", fuck, I wasn't alive in 1982, and I don't want to wait a decade to pass to get the comics I like. Why can't they create diverse-whatever stuff for the new readership, but keep doing the stuff the old readership likes too? That's why fucking Batman keeps outselling all of Marvel, because DC knows what Batfags want and keeps giving it to them on a steady basis. Too bad DC is shit with most of their other books

I see what you mean, but it would help if most of those comics were actually good. The problem is most of these comics are more concerned with preaching than telling a story. I don't know about you, but i don't like being preached to.

>I'm all for representation in comics and I don't see how it harms anyone if a black kid can pick up a comic book and see a cool hero he can identify with the same way white nerdy kids identified with Peter Parker growing up.
So there are no white nerdy kids anymore? Or should the white nerdy kids stick to reading old 1960s Spider-Man comics?

I feel like you're baiting. If anything gerrymandering rigged it for the Republicans.

>gerrymandering
>for presidential elections

What I don't like is how they keep fucking over white male heroes.

Yeah, I get it, blah blah, representation, diversity, too many white men, blah blah. But those are characters I've grown attached to, characters I don't want to see getting fucked over.

Why not create a new Ultimate Universe? One populated with diverse versions of classic characters. That way, they could see which version is more popular, and keep both audiences entertained.

Why not go the route DC went with Tangent Comics (pic related)? Keep the trademarks, but use them to make new original characters. Kind of the way they did with Kamala Khan, whose only similarity to the original Ms.Marvel is the name.

Last but not least, why not go the Hawkeye route? There's a male Hawkeye and a female Hawkeye, both are valid, both are interesting characters.

The entire thread is bait, dude.
Pic not directed at you but it's appropriate.

anti man was made i the fucking sixties and has control over antimatter,what is anti white male about it?

>Or should the white nerdy kids stick to reading old 1960s Spider-Man comics?
Nah, man. They've got 5 films with a 6th one on the way, 8 cartoon series, an upcoming Spider-Man video game for PS4, and 50+ years of Marvel comics with Peter Parker. So I think white nerds today will be fine.

Nova is white.

I'd read the hell out of that. I think most other dudes would too. I wish Quesadilla didn't fuck with the status quo so badly because of MUH PETER. Bitches Love Spider-Man was a great series. We need more slice-of-life Marvel stuff.

And girls would love a series that focused more on the day-to-day lives of male heroes with their love interests playing a prominent role too. The problem is that most comic book writers hear "love interest plays a prominent role" and think that she needs to get captured or nag him about quitting being a superhero.

What we really want to see are two partners supporting each other and having each other's backs through tough times together. Like a real couple. Make the problems external, not internal.

user, you realise that that second post was being sarcastic because that book LITERALLY exists. It's called Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows and is by Conway/Stegmann.

I just read Steve Rogers: Captain America, and it's good. it reminded me Superman: Red Son, which I loved back then, the only problem so far is taht it's way too decompressed, but this is a problem I have with many Marvel books right now. Do I reccommend it to a Trump supporter? eh, it's not really political (altought someone could and probably will argue this) so, maybe yes?

So essentially, white nerdy kids should either stick to movies and games, or read 1960s comics, right?

Ah, derp. I'll have to check it out then.

Yeah and it's currently outselling most Marvel books, too. But Marvel is still not getting the hint

>This entire thread

Or they could read some of the many comics about white nerdy kids. The Big 2 are still putting plenty of those out.

Pretending they don't exist just so you can live in a state of perpetual butthurt and a self-imposed persecution complex just makes you an SJW with a lighter skin-tone and slightly bigger penis.

>it's currently outselling most Marvel books, too
We only have the sales for the first issue, user. First issue sales are never indicative of actual sales figures because they're artifically inflated by incentive variant covers and don't reflect sell-through.

IDK man, how much do your politics affect the comics you can enjoy? Big Two comics have never exactly not been liberal.

Now is probably a better time than than the last few years to try Marvel again.

Quasar hasn't been killed off. Quasar, Wendell Vaughn, is the new Quasar's mentor. Quasar, the lesbian woman, has been dead for a long time but obviously was a woman herself.

>I'm a white, male, Trump-supporting Christian
Had you skipped this part, people might have taken you and your thread seriously. But you had to blow it and turn it into shitposting central.

>Quasar hasn't been killed off
Last I checked, Phylla is still dead.

>Wendell Vaughn
Literally who?

If they wanted a new lesbian cosmic woman why not just using Moondragon and Pyla-Vell?

>Trump Supporters
>Getting joy out of anything that doesn't constantly parrot their deluded conspiracies and irrational beliefs

Probably not. A lack of decent reading comprehension doesn't help either.

Wendell was Quasar before Phylla. When it comes to the Mar-Vell heroes he was the original Quasar. And "Quasar dead and replaced by a woman" makes me think that post couldn't have been referring to Phyla, because Phyla was a woman.

I don't know that there's been indication Avril is a lesbian. Given the whole focus on Spencer's Cap Avril is much more likely a re-visitation of Gru Quasar than AnL cosmic.

>Getting joy out of anything that doesn't constantly parrot their deluded conspiracies and irrational beliefs

Hey I'm not the one who's opening a diplomatic crisis with russia because my party lost the election.

OP, you are offending a friend of your god Drumpf.

>Literally who?

Sure is comics and cartoons in here.

Why are you so hung up on the era where Peter was in high school being the only thing white nerdy kids can read? I was a white nerdy kid and I loved the hell out of the Venom saga during Todd McFarlane's run of the series when I picked it up from my LCS. So why the 60's?

For the same reason they created a new black child to replace Iron Man when they already had one: They forgot, didn't care, or wanted a new original character to have copyright claims in case it becomes a money maker.

Modern Marvel is all about getting rid of legacy characters as much as possible, and the above is one of the reasons why.

Like?.. Also nice how you snuck DC in here

>their deluded conspiracies and irrational beliefs

Especially the Superman run is great, promoting family values, friendship and stability.
Action Comics is going actually having a similar story to Civil War II (some guy being supposedly able to predict the future and seeing Lex as a future dictator), but let's see how that plays out (most recent issue is kind of a cliffhanger)

>still being THIS buttblasted over losing

I think the problem with this is that when they do this the experimental books don't sell as well as the main titles because they're under-promoted so they don't usually find the audience that would actually be interested as a result. I think it also unconsciously tells potential readers that the company isn't confident enough in the new story to make it be canon, if that makes any sense. It feels condescending to be like "Look, women! We're gonna give you a Joker too!" than to just say that the new Joker is a woman now. If I were a woman, I'd be a lot more interested in reading a female Joker in the main Batman comic versus some Elseworlds story with the premise "what if the Joker was a woman?"

I may just be speaking for myself (maybe that Tangent cover you just posted sold one million copies and I'm the dumb schmuck who has never heard of it) but I didn't even know Tangent Comics was a thing. I'm betting most people don't either. So I think that's part of the problem.

I dig that cover though.

>Loki's expression

>"Come on, I could pull that off WAY better than this trash. She doesn't even have the right boobs."

I'm leftist a fuck but MUH SUPERMAN is always American values and doing the right thing. Just feel good superhero shit. That's my jam. The more the comics follow that model, the better for me.

I wish being a hero who fights for truth, justice, and the American way didn't get so many eyerolls from people these days. Superman represents the best of us. He's an aspirational hero. But we don't like to do those anymore. Heroes have to be "relatable".

>le trump troll thread
>82 replies

Come on Sup Forums, though you were better then the other boards.

You answered your own question.

No there is nothing for you in current Marvel comics because your age group of a given audience (because lets face it those kids and their Instagram or snap chat is as annoying to you as anything that smells SJW-ish) stopped buying their product in lucrative numbers because they grew up and got busy ergo stopped giving them that $$ they need. So they had to go looking for what they thought the kids would like so they could get their $$ which like most entertainment means you no longer really enjoy it.

The films are different because they are targeted at a different audience/money. As much as they are for kids and their $$ they are more after the general audience parents/ people 20-40 and after their $$$$$ like most action films.

Essentially the comics couldn't afford to keep putting out the sort of stuff you liked and survive especially in the face of massive movie sales because you and your peers were no longer buying it. It's arguable if they will keep surviving much longer.

tl;dr your ass is too old for this shit. have a pic of Winona Ryder

Comics about white men Marvel is currently putting out:
>Amazing Spider-man
>Spider-man/Deadpool
>Deadpool
>Foolkiller
>Slapstick
>Old Man Logan
>Carnage
>Daredevil
>Dr. Strange
>Unworthy Thor
>Solo
>Punisher
>Captain America: Steve Rogers
>Infamous Iron Man (inb4 gypsies aren't white)
>Moon Knight
>Star-Lord
>Venom

Team/ensemble cast books starring at least one white man:
>Occupy Avengers
>Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows
>Uncanny Avengers
>Avengers
>Nova
>Extraordinary X-men
>Uncanny X-men
>All-new X-men
>Uncanny Inhumans
>Dr. Strange and the Sorcerors Supreme
>Powerman and Iron Fist
>Ultimates^2
>Great Lakes Avengers
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Thunderbolts
>Champions
>Deadpool and the Mercs for Money

Upcoming solos starring white men:
>Kingpin
>Bullseye
>Black Bolt
>Cable
>Iceman (warning: gay)
>Iron Fist

Upcoming team/ensemble books starring at least one white man:
>USAvengers
>X-men: Gold
>X-men: Blue
>Secret Warriors
>Royals
>Weapon-X
>Iron Fists

I may be forgetting some.

>I think the problem with this is that when they do this the experimental books don't sell as well as the main titles because they're under-promoted so they don't usually find the audience that would actually be interested as a result.
Ultimate Marvel was a success when it just started. Especially Ultimate Spider-Man. For a lot of young readers in the 00s, Ultimate Marvel books were the gateway drug that got them into Marvel.

>I think it also unconsciously tells potential readers that the company isn't confident enough in the new story to make it be canon, if that makes any sense.
No one except comic nerds cares about "canon". Miller's Dark Knight wasn't canon, yet it got more people interested in Batman than the "canon" Batman books of the day.

>It feels condescending to be like "Look, women! We're gonna give you a Joker too!" than to just say that the new Joker is a woman now.
No one reacted that way to Hawkeye or Kamala Khan. If the character is interesting, and isn't portrayed as a sidekick of the original, people are gonna enjoy them. And also, if that's "condescending", why isn't "Look, women! We won't give you an original female character, we're gonna give you a Joker too!"

>I may just be speaking for myself (maybe that Tangent cover you just posted sold one million copies and I'm the dumb schmuck who has never heard of it) but I didn't even know Tangent Comics was a thing. I'm betting most people don't either.
They aren't a current thing, they were a thing in the late 90s I think. They were a line of comics that used existing trademarked names for essentially new and different characters.

This is a bad thread.

I thought leftists think that Superman should of been born in the city because country morals are racist, or something?

They need to be punished for not voting for Hillary, yes.

>one guy said that on twitter
>"leftists think"

>Foolkiller
>Slapstick
>Solo
>Moon Knight
Literally who
>Carnage
>Captain America: Steve Rogers
>Infamous Iron Man (inb4 gypsies aren't white)
>Venom
>Kingpin
>Bullseye
Evil white men who are evil
>Champions
Literally Hitler
>Amazing Spider-man
>Old Man Logan
>Unworthy Thor
White men who got royally fucked over
>Uncanny Inhumans
>Black Bolt
>Royals
Fuck Inhumans
>Iceman (warning: gay)
Gay

I'll give you the rest, though

Two guys who are leftists, and I haven't seen any prominent leftists say otherwise, so

That sure seems like a solid test of how widely embraced an idea is ;^)

But you are wrong about absolutely everything. DC published a comic last month with Penguin as a satirical stand in for trump. Just face the fact that you were an idiot who supported an idiot and people have the right to make fun of you at every turn

Marvel has literally always been liberal and DC Rebirth has many minority lead books. Sorry to break it to you user - most comic book creative teams vote democrat. The execs are another story but the talent is definitely left leaning and always has been in both camps.

>>not knowing moon knight

Thanks for Correcting the Record, shill. $.02 have been deposited into your account.

>Literally who
Ah, so you're a filthy casual. Maybe the MCUck movies are more your speed.

>>f-fuck your facts shill,I FEEL like marvel doesn't have good series with white guys so that must be true