Superman: Agent of Batman

Here's a small tidbit from Max Landis' upcoming Superman: Agent of Batman comic that he just posted on his twitter.

Your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0PlwDbSYicM
youtu.be/VYvMOf3hsGA
youtu.be/8LikMS5gDDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like it

One more DC title that I won't be paying for, sounds like absolute garbage

That dialogue does not pass the Bechdel test . Back to the drawing board with you.

>DICK
>(hard)

Well...

Reading this would just enable Max to continue thinking he's talented

buying it, american alien was one of the 2 good things from dc this year.

Bruce is an asshole with issues, and Dick and Clark are the true World's Finest. I see nothing wrong with this.

DC wouldn't let someone come down that hard on Batman. Right?
That'd be like showing Harley as a battered spouse again.

The only good thing about this

There has been a lack of Clark and Dick in the past 5 years

sauce?

How did his dad land him a job this time?

Of course they would. They've been letting writers portray Batman that way for years, and hardly anyone bats an eye anymore.

>They're his only friends
To be fair, that's legitimately true of Dent.

Shut the fuck up you little shit, you and the rest of the Scooby gang he's turned into child soldiers quip literally ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME.

Honestly, I'm excited. I loved how Landis wrote them in American Alien. If the book is more about them, I'm in.

You know, I think it might be okay. American Alien was lit, but that was because it's a life-story that tries to humanize Clark. What's agent of Batman going to be about? Is it in the same continuity as American Alien?

Also, can someone please tell me why we hate Max Landis? I only know him because of Sup Forums.

I would fug shota Dick

Landis does a pretty cool Superman, but I'm not sure he gets Batman that good. Or at least he channels that annoying ultra-negative interpretation of him that I despise.

3 issues of American Alien were good, and they weren't the end or start ones. Landis didn't even write Lobo right.

I'm just waiting to the artist to be announced so we know who's drawing Black Wonder Woman.

>weren't the end or start ones
The first one was incredible. Shota Clark learning how to fly while coping with his being an alien was great.

Max Landis has got a little bit of a hate-boner for Batman. I won't be surprised if this is actually in the comic.

>Black Wonder Woman
That confirmed to be included?

Ughhh. Why are they disrespecting the World's Finest? First Harley punching Superman and now this? Sure Batman might make a little joke or two against his enemies, but it should be to make them butthurt.

Yeah, on GameOverGreggy. And he confirmed the Landisverse Flash is Wally, who's Korean-American.

Is one of the villains going to be a rogue movie director that ignores regulations and gets two kids killed on set?

Just wish max could get over his hateboner for bats.

>puts his hand on dick's shoulder.

haha

>Landis
I don't know if it's legit-hate or meme-hate. He's the son of John Landis (who direct Coming to America, Animal House, Blues Brothers, etc), and a Hollywood screenwriter of mid-budget bombs (Victor Frankenstein, Chronicle, American Ultra), but got really popular for his opinions/personality because of videos like these...

youtu.be/0PlwDbSYicM

youtu.be/VYvMOf3hsGA

So now he's a consultant for WWE and DC is giving him comic projects. He's not amazing by any stretch of the imagination but i think a lot of the hatred comes from the fact that he's "2nd generation famous" and the movies based on his scripts have not been that good.

He's vocal, and his opinions have gotten him into heat with some people. He's become friends with the guys at RLM because of that heat, but he's also the inspiration behind one of the top scripts on this year's Blacklist, titled "Untitled Lax Mandis Project".

John Landis also killed two children.

I remember he came to Sup Forums once in a thread full of people making dead asian kid jokes about his dad.

He's a hack who writes fan fiction tier stories and his YouTube rants as dialogue.

His whole career is founded upon his father success. His opinions are shit. He wants praise but doesn't want to own up to his failures (american ultra/ victor frankenstien ect).

His dad murdered Vic Morrow and two kids

So, Nubia then?

That Shocker fanfic you might have read once was written by teen Landis.

BUT THEY WERE CHINESE.

>accidents count as murder
John Landis directed a scene in which three people were killed due in part to negligence and in part to bizarre circumstances. It wasn't murder and the courts agree. It is, ultimately, the fault of the director and producer, but that doesn't mean they *murdered* those people. Words mean things.

Okay, Max "uptomyknees in the blood of two kids and a guy" Landis.

His recent adaptation of Dirk Gently makes me want to either hurt him or Samuel Bennett in particularly gruesome ways.

While working at Comic Con, Max Landis and his rainbow mohawk came to the booth to speak with someone in the company. He shook my hand and said, "Hey, it's really great to see you again."

I have never met him before in my life.

ASBAR was Batman as a psychopathic manchild who tortured a 12 year old

I'm Didio and everybody else had a good laugh with Miller over it and how pissy people got

He looks like a douche

Everyone knows comic book writers need to be either Bald or have a beard

>"Milwaukee is a real place, huh?"

I don't get the impression he hangs much with the RLM guys anymore. He had a bit of a reaction to them talking about some of his films IIRC.

This is why he became Nightwing

He became Nightwing because Batman made occasional quips to villains and he got jealous. That's the best origin story I've ever heard.

Wally Park and Linda West then

Two kids and a man

it was that reaction that got landis in those vids tho.

THIS. What the fuck is this dreck?

Also this cements it, Max is actually autistic, at least when it comes to combat banter. Pete isn't a 'bully' when he makes fun of Shocker's quilts, he's trying to keep calm and mocking a dude trying to KILL HIM.

Bruce isn't trying to act 'cool' for villains, he's trying to seem above whatever bullshit they've engineered and maybe piss em off (which is tactically advantageous in a fight, dammit).

Chronicle was good though

DC absolutely would.
I am suicide was Batman admitting that beating up criminals is useless and doesn't stop crime, and he's only doing it to have a heroic death.

Terry just wanted to be Joker's friend...
youtu.be/8LikMS5gDDI

well known lol cow that has autistic bitch fits everytime he doesnt get his way, he's on chris chan level when ti comes to things like throwing a tantrum claiming that the Villain in the new star wars movie was made specifically to mock him.
He also seems to think hes way way way smarter than he actually is and isnt shy about getting into arguments over it, he has visited this board a few times to shout at people while bragging on twitter.

Shut the fuck up Max your cunt ass dad belongs in jail

John Landis is dead anyway.

assuming this is in the landisverse? if so i am very okay with this.

>claiming that the Villain in the new star wars movie was made specifically to mock him

Source? If he actually thinks this then he's confirmed autistic

Not to mention he's a hypocrite since he has his heroes quip at villains all the time. Hell, he had Superman quip and made fun of the Joker, doenst that make a him a bully in Max's own logic? He even had Superman stab Zod and TAUNT and laugh at him while he crawled his bloody body into a portal to escape in his shitty Superman script. But that's okay??? It just seems like Max doesn't like certain heroes (Batman, Spider-Man) and tries to find ways to hate them.

Honestly, I never liked American Alien so I'm going to pass.

Call me when Mark Millar starts his Superman book.

He became nightwing because of superman (flame bird and night wing were the Batman And Robin of kandor)

I been doing some research on how to write a comic book script

And then I see this, and Max just throws out of the window every single rule i read about writing a script for comics.

So my question is, is there like a format or something for comic book scripts?

That's just the dialogue bro

He also hated Arrival and Deadpool and thinks Amercan Ultra is better (which he won't stop shilling).

As far as I'm concerned, fine- as long as Landis doesn't get an ongoing.

Maybe DC can pair him with someone to balance his shit ideas out and they can write Earth One.

Nepotism isn't just a part of the film industry, it's also the comic industry, user.

He had his reaction, they talked it out, and then Max made up for it by introducing them to "Double Down".

Pic related is from about a week or two ago, maybe sooner.

I like it. American Alien had it's problems but it was mostly enjoyable.

>Sup Forums agreeing with rotten tomatoes
>in a DC thread
Am I having a stroke or something

A broken clock is right twice a day, etc. He got lucky with Chronicle and subsequently proved that he really is a terrible writer by having every other thing he touches be completely cringe-worthy fan-fic tier levels of writing and "quirk".

Jews really ingrained the practice into both. Decades later and they're still tailor-made for it.

Arrival was globalist garbage tho.

>If you like DC you must like all their movies and hate RT
*slaps face*
Idiot.
And yet Hollywood keeps giving Max Money and acting surprised when the movis turns out shit.
They even gave him five mil for his shitty Orc Buddy cop movie.

His American Alien was really good.

So I am ready to read more of him.

Hell, Snyderman on the DCEU was complete shit next to Ammerican Alien Supes.

Sup Forums pls leave

Name a joke in deadpool that's made you laugh

>*action*

Ah so clever, thank you Max "all characters are my mouthpieces" Landis.
Now Reddit and CBR will jizz all over it. God this hack couldn't become irrelevant soon enough.

C'mon, out of the young talent, after his opinions about Superman and his Superman vlogs, there was a lot of people who pitched him to be given an opportunity to write Superman.

I'm glad he got his chance, because American Alien is rad.

Yeah I really didn't like when it's implied that Spider-Man is a jerk for taunting his villains instead of treating them with honor like Captain America.

Because supervillains don't deserve to be treated with respect, they're wasting their powers, or even worse, their own intelligence on the most shortsighted and selfish means possible. Spider-Man treats his foes like jokes a: like you said because he's trying to keep cool and b: because he never fucking wants to see any of these guys doing crime again.

not that user but iirc it was on his twitter. probably deleted by now.

he might have a point here if the audiences didnt hate those movies almost as much as the critics

I used to think there was a specific format, but as time went by I discovered that there isn't. If anything, it's up to the writer to create their own sort of format to help communicate with the artist on what visuals he wants. Sometimes writers will just write it as a flat-out screenplay even.

Most script formats though are similar to screenplays however, but done very differently.

Here's a little diddy I just did. I usually make an outline on paper about how I'd like it to be formatted, I have a system to list each caption box, speech bubble, etc. I even draw little rough sketches of the panels and pages, and if the artist says he thinks something is better, we'll talk. Usually she/he does on some parts here and there, but that's part of our process, and it always improves it.

The dialogue I just wrote on this one isn't that good and won't blow anyone away, but I just made it as a small example. However, I try to go for mood in my writing and become a bit too descriptive. also write out my plots and stories as if they were novellas just to make sure I have good story that can hold up on its own.

The way I think writing can be seen is that not only is it an art, but a craft with artistic influence in it. If anyone wants to use this part of a script for something, feel free. Note also that I keep my writing terse. This can be good or bad. If you want to take an approach like Alan Moore, don't be as terse as I was on here. Instead, be as specific as possible with how everything looks, talk about whats where, think about why they are, and more. Alan uses his description on what he sees in his mind because it not only helps flesh out the richness of it, but it makes it look more real, gives you an opportunity to look for symbolism. I wrote this one very short and quickly because I'm trying to show a format I made that works for me.

>inb4 someone says I'm Max Landis
I hate how he writes his dialogue. There's style and then there's shit.

Audience also liked Transformers, Twilight and Sex and The City.

Audiences hate your movies, Max.

Critics hate your movies, Max.

Literally, everyone (sans Mike from RLM) hate your movies, Max.

You are a shitty director and a shitty writer, Max.

Just hook back up with Trank, Max.

mike from RLM hates his movies too, he didn't give a positive review to any of them.

and i say that as somebody who likes max landis

Is there a reason you caps lock certain words in the script?

Sup Forums migrant shitposters

Warren Ellis did some good articles about how he scripts.

Did you tag the wrong post?

Max is a better director and writer then Trank. Chronicle was only good because Trank didn't make any changes from the script.
>b-but me him her sucks!!!
Wrestling isn't Wrestling is a 10 minute YouTube video and still manages to be a better acted, written, and directed film then Fant4stick.

Shouldn't you be dyeing your hair?

>Fant4stick
You know Trank only directed parts of it, right?

He hated them BEFORE the interview. Then he changed his mind and said he liked American Ultra and Victor Frankenstien. He even sucked Max's cock during the Me Him Her review (while Jay was more honest about how shitty the movie was). It was bad how Mike couldn't separate his feelings that they couldn't review Mr Right.