Next up: 6 hour long Dune kino

Next up: 6 hour long Dune kino

It'll just be compared to Jodorowsky's vision for it and feel underwhelming. At this point it should never be adapted.

Cmon jordoswky is a hack

Please yes - then adapt the other five books.

Blade Runner 2049 stands its ground in comparison to the original some would say that it's better. And Jodorowsky never realized his vision, people know about Dune from the shitty David Lynch movie or even the games.

It's clear it would be kino. Villeneuve knows what he's doing. Look at the nods to Dune he sprinkled in 2049.

This man is unstoppable. Look at his smug face. This leaf is unstoppable.

Kino a year keeps the plebe away.

I doubt he'll get the budget he wants for it after what happened to BR

To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writh around on the ground in a supermarket while screaching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head.

He is cheeto dust. Nothing more

Who cares if it flops any America, anything that's not capeshit does. The movie will turn in a profit from international sales.

It got critical and fan appraisal, responsibility for flopping is on the studio's side.

This pasta was never funny.

It isn't supposed to be funny, /r/movies. It's a fact

If Denis Villeneuve was an orthodontist he would be Dentist Villeneuve.

Jared Leto as Duke Leto Atreides?

Or, as Leto II ?

As a sandworm maybe.

Villeneuve means Newtown. Let that sink in...

Woah, so this is the power of only really knowing one language?

Are you talking about me? I speak four languages.

NEVER EVER. sadly
BR 2049 bombed so he won't get a cart blanche to do whatever he wants ever again. Especially not for $185 million and Dune needs at least twice that budget.

Who the hell cares about the vision of some crazy hobo who couldn't even get his movie made?

Rebooting Blade Runner wasn't a carte blanche either

>Implying he's not gonna drop Dune and make a kino adaptation of Blood Meridian

This. Villeneuve did a great job directing, but he had nothing to do with the screenplay. At the point he was hired, the whole story was already in place

>muh jodo

Holy fuck get over yourselves

yfw Kyle MacLachlan is cast as Leto I

This. Jodo is an artist while this guy is a studio hack.

I dont understand why people think Dune needs such a bloated budget

The fedora is almost palpable

cool story bro

"muh denis" is what fedoras love best. They can't handle real emotions or sincerity so they flock to ironic "fun" crap like Army of Darkness, Pacific Rim and Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. Anything more than juvenile "fun" is too "2deep4u hipster shit". It's "fun" shit and superficially meaningful "dark" movies that get the most fedora attention.

They'll watch Prisoners for what they think is their intellectual main course and then wash it out with something like John Wick for desert. Before settling into a night of video games.

No...

IT CAN BE DONE!

>Jodorowsky's vision
Jodorosky's "vision" sounded like an absolute fucking mess that'd never even be finished. C'mon he's an entertaining guy, but that documentary was the only smart way to put his ideas for Dune on-screen. It never would've worked and it wouldn't be that good if it did

Who gives a fuck? Jodorowsky is just another sick Jewish hobo with no talent who likes to make excuses for his deviancy by calling it "art"

Pacific Rim wasn't ironic.
Some of the Arnold Schwarzenegger movies are best in their respectable genres (Conan, Terminator 1 and 2, True Lies, Total Recall etc.).

Anyway, you're getting there. This could be a good copypasta if you put a little more effort into it. I'd replace Army of Darkness with Twin Peaks for example.

>This pasta was never funny.
You're not real Sup Forums

Wow so blade runner 2049 plebes really aren't from this board

You went completely off-rails.
You have issue dude.

hello psycho, how are you?

> Fun movies are bad
> Only le dark movies are good

True

any good examples of dark AND funny movies?

srs question

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

This is not what he said you functional illiterate

Why wouldn't it? Dune is like Blade Runner in that it should look impressive and doesn't have much action. Just like 2049

>mobies are supposed to be "fun"!!! MOMMY ME WANT HOTPOCKETS

You can tell a poster is American when they bring up hot pockets.
That says it all really.

It's never going to happen after BR's receipts.

>non americans think movies are supposed to be entertainment
OF COURSE

Based frogleaf

Nobody cares about Jodorowsky's vision. He was a hack who thought he was smarter than the source material.

What we need is someone who can bring Herbert's vision of Dune to life, and I think Villaneuve can do that, considering how faithful the new Blade Runner is to the original.

I hope all those butthurt replies aren't samefagged

>Villaneuve drone thinks Jodo is a hack
Why do these plebs just keep exposing themselves? His films must be too slow for their brainlet sensibilities

as Feyd Rautha