youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao
youtube.com/watch?v=r2ZIdmfMc5o
archiveofourown.org/works/8642749
archiveofourown.org/works/8824912/chapters/20233012
archiveofourown.org/works/7361929/chapters/16721404
fanfiction.net/s/12274106/1/Picking-Up-The-Pieces
archiveofourown.org/works/8855953
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bill in his first season appearance came off as a trickster who may or may not have been evil. Sort of like a bad-wish genie whose personality was more reflective of the one who summoned him.

By the end though his whole "do weird shit and torment people for the hell of it" really made no sense. He became an immature frat boy without a real plan and sat around for three episodes in his pyramid partying for no real reason. They didn't really do a whole lot to explain his dimension, what happened to it, why he was the way he was, or what good invading Earth would do for him.

He was a fucking moron

>They didn't really do a whole lot to explain his dimension,

Flatland

>what happened to it,

He destroyed it but this is probably what we know the least about.

>why he was the way he was,

It's right there in the image you posted. He lived in an extremely strict society and it eventually wore him down so much he snapped. Being practically immortal frustration snowballed for a lot longer than your average person.

>or what good invading Earth would do for him.

His current dimension was self destructing, it was get out or die.

Hirsch's quirky super-natural self insert

>when you rewatch the series and realize that every episode featuring Bill as a major role besides Dreamscraperers sucked

The living embodiment of Nightmare Fuel is definitely up there with Aku in terms of being the most lethal cartoon villain to date.

The only reason Bill lost fairly easily is because the creator burned out.

i liked sock opera

Sock Opera was pretty great.

He was great most of the time, only became generic and boring in the finale. They should have kept this

youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao

No it wasn't

I liked the others.

He was a much better villain than all the shitastical recent first party Disney Villains. Same thing with Master Xehanort and Lotso Huggin' Bear being better than most mainline villains.

Why's that?

What was wrong with sock opera?

I think part of the reason is that most recent mainline ones don't have much time to be actually villainous, with Hans and Bellwhether not being revealed as villains until the climax and Tamatoa only being in once scene.

What do you mean?

I suppose it would've made a pretty good villain song

I liked him more as a neutral entity with a mysterious agenda and a such an alien concept of good an evil that no mortal could ever classify him as either.
He wasn't such an awful villain as most people say, but it was still quite a downgrade from the original concept.

If Gravity Falls was given another season, and the previous episodes has had Bill having subtle roles then he could of worked.

Outside of "oh whoa guys, he's a demon" he is pretty boring.

He had the power to do anything

And he lost

How do you lose when you can do literally anything

I didn't expect him to win, I just didn't think it'd be that easy to trick him

>inb4 autists who think Bill should have taken Dipper and Ford away to his own dimension to be his futa sex slaves

Are you asking for oc user?

He had Dipper, Mabel, Gideon, and Pacifica all in positions where he could've easily killed them, and as far as he knows they're the keys to the only thing that could defeat him, but he didn't.

At the end he was

Well, I will give him credit, he did almost kill Mabel. And knowing Bill, it was probably gonna be in some spectacularly gruesome way.

Superior Triangle coming through

I think under different circumstances Bill and Mabel would have gotten along.

He actually got his theme song.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2ZIdmfMc5o

Maybe that's why he went easy on her and put her in the bubble instead of just making her head explode when he had the chance.

YES
YES
YES
IT'S THE

DEAD
BODY
LOOTIN'

He was of the scariest villains I've ever seen in a cartoon. Demons play with your thoughts and trick you so easily, theyre of the most dangerous and scariest things. It was even better that he was so abstract. Turned out to be shit just because of the finale, I guess Hirsch made him so OP that he couldnt come up with a good idea to defeat him. Such a disapointment and waste of character

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm pretty sure Bill said before that Mabel was his favourite out of the twins. They both have the creative chaos thing going on just in different ways.

On the other hand, Mabel was likely the one he was about to kill.

Gotta put down a dog that keeps biting.

I actually enjoyed Bill turning out to be a trashy little tramp.

She was a bitch, come to think of it.

By trashy little tramp, do you mean like a street urchin, or like a back alley whore?

Everything after Into The Bunker just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Why that episode specifically?

More of the latter. The heavy drinking kind.

I've noticed fanfics tend to make that scene a lot more dramatic than it was in the show.

Any examples?

archiveofourown.org/works/8642749
archiveofourown.org/works/8824912/chapters/20233012
archiveofourown.org/works/7361929/chapters/16721404

A few I found.

Also, these

fanfiction.net/s/12274106/1/Picking-Up-The-Pieces

archiveofourown.org/works/8855953

Yes. He's not charismatic, not scary even by kids cartoons standards, not memorable in any way and extremely obnoxious.

And fans just can't seem to stop pairing him up with the 12 year old boy whose family he constantly torments

He's definitely one of the better villains of the 2010s, who falls into the same trap as Amon in a lot of ways in that once he actually reaches endgame his character just sort of plateaus and never goes anywhere.

It was cool at first because we're all used to shows that get cancelled before they can hit a serious world breaking endgame (or the villain is stopped just before the world goes to hell, or time travel, or some other bullshit), but it results in the frustrating situation where the villain is put in a position of incredible power but for some reason never does anything with it.

Bill is a really good setup for a dark elder god horror type abomination, but he never really hits that point during the series, which ultimately hurts all of his other appearances.

In other words, Bill does a good job of hiding scary, but he never does a good job of being scary.

It probably doesn't help that he spent Weirdmageddon stuck in one town.

I think Bill was plenty charismatic, enough to make young girls develop a taste for geometry.

You can't fuck a pyramid.

He has a mouth and a tongue.

And hands

He reaches a point where he literally controls time and space and can rearrange matter at an atomic level just by thinking about it.

He still needs to run after two kids to catch them instead of stopping time around them, or making them teleport into his hand, etc.

He turns into a giant demonic form that has no real purpose outside of looking creepy for the scene, as he needed the kids alive to blackmail Ford anyways.

I also do not understand why a creature with the sole motivation of spreading chaos has such a hindering, self-imposed rule of only being able to enter the minds of those he shakes hands with.

Bill was a fun character all the way through, but wasn't really that great of a villain by the end. He wasn't bad either, just generic rule the world kind of deal.

gotta love Gompers

And can create holes in his body

It was possibly the last great episode of the series.

That's not to say everything after that sucked, but things did noticeably go downhill

It was pretty much the only episode where Wendy was at all useful.

She was always useful for my dick

>Into The Bunker
>no Not What He Seems
bruh, S2A is excellent for the most part.

Gompersanon, is that really you?
I thought you were dead.

>S2A is excellent for the most part
You know everyone gives S2A some praise because of the badness of S2B but in reality the only notable episodes were Into the Bunker, Giffany's episode, Pacifica's two episodes, and NWHS.

Sock Opera gets some praise in this thread too for some reason but it was really just another Boyfriend of the Day episode for Mabel where Bill just shows up and turns Dipper into masochist/fujoshit bait.

What about Society of the Blind Eye?

Ended up meaning fuck-all except for giving the Pines that memory wiping gun for enforcing status quo in later episodes.

I know it didn't really go anywhere but Sock Opera is the one that acknowledges the sacrifices Dipper made for Mabel. Also it dealt with the laptop.

Also, that's one of the first episodes where Dana Terrace's feminist bullshit started being slipped into episodes, with Mabel and Wendy's "Men are pigs m i rite?" scene.

he was the demonic trickster fairy. Wielding immense power well beyond the hero's reach, but held back by their unpredictable personality/direction.

I thought he would have been the prelude to a larger force, so I was pretty disappointed when he ended up being the final villain, the biggest bad to the very end.

in the flesh

Would've been infinitely more enjoyable if Alex worked harder to get David Lynch to voice him.

Plus, the whole episode was pretty much just Dipper suffering.

Or Weird Al.

The best kind of episode

He was a shitty main villain.
As a villain of the week he was highly entertaining but was just to none threatening to be the central antagonist.

He only appeared twice and lost miserably. His powers only function in the most arbitrary of ways and his end goal is more silly then scary.

The only thing he had going for him was the idea that this Omnipotent person has hints and influenced history, except they do absolutely nothing with it. It doesn't matter if the main bad is in everyone dollar bills, if it in no way effects the story, characters or environment their in then it's just pointless backstory that adds nothing.

Bill should've been a side-kick to another main bad.

i never understood why people liked him.
he wasnt funny,wasnt threatning and all the interesting stuff about him wasnt shown in the show, but in books and other stuff.Yeah he was a shit villain.
The only good thing about him is the design.

He only became threatening when he was angry and started breaking reality. Problem is that his base personality was supposed to be suave tempter meaning for him to actually be a threat to the protagonists he had to, for lack of better description, throw a tantrum. Breaking reality because he's CE randumb is fine but he has to be consistent.

i agree

>all that build up and then taken out immediately
perhaps it was a sign that any human group antagonist would be dealt with in one episode and never touched on again

Too bad there's no episode that's just Mabel suffering.

Like the government agents

Take solace in the fact that she at least didn't get a bf.

quads don't lie, that was some pretty good shit

I think she should've gone with Jeff, to be honest.

Why would a quadriplegic lie?

Pretty much, yeah.

What the hell is that?

Japan

And that's the last of whatever this is.

/thread

thread/

He was a fantastic villain until parts 2 and 3 of the finale. Before that he was intimidating, yet funny and interesting. He felt like a legitimate threat to the world.

This right here. Plus they had to nerf him all to hell and back just to get that happy ending they wanted.

I think it would have been better if he was built up to be a huge but mysterious menace and in he end turned out to be just a party animal who wanted to try that newfangled "physical form" thing all the cool kids seemed to be doing. Also, I would blow pic related from here to next year.

He was incredibly disappointing.