Is she sentient? Is her love real? Is she capable of growth?

Is she sentient? Is her love real? Is she capable of growth?

CELLS

yes, yes, and yes.

but she was programmed to love. k wasn't special.

Sentient? Maybe. Definitely self-aware
Her love is real like a mother is biologically programmed to love their kid.
No idea. Given this is a movie about the growth of replicants, why not?

i mean you could pretty much say she's sentient if she's self aware. and it seems like she can grow, as she's absorbing k's life and interests and growing around them like a real gf would. for instance where she's suggesting things to do, like read the book on his table that k replies she hates.

This is something I've definitely thought about after seeing the movie and I think the answer is yes.

I think the defining moment is when luv is about to destroy her transmitter and she desperately tries to tell K that she loves him, something she doesn't say at all before that moment.

Villenueve talked about the whole theme of the movie being not "are robots capable of human feelings" and more "does it matter" and that was the part of her arc, too.

Sure, she's programmed to call him Joe and say she loves him, but she also puts herself in harms way for him, shows distress when she realizes she's going to die, hires a hooker for him then tells her to fuck off when nobody else is around... none of that would have been explicitly programmed any more than we're genetically/sociologically programmed to react to queues, so does it matter at that point that she loved him in the first place because it was programmed?

Both of them were programmed/created—him to serve something, her to love—but at some point you're meant to accept their actions as having value in site of that

>Is she sentient?
No. Literally zero's and one's.
>Is her love real?
No. See above.
>Is she capable of growth?
Yes. She is a product designed to learn and tailor herself to best serve the customer.

>is human love real
no, literally chemicals

perfect

How did you interpret this scene?

>Is she sentient?
All andys are sentient.
>Is her love real?
No, it's a program that mimics love, tailored for the owner.
What do you mean by that?

>Her ad is literally that she'll grow with the customer
You people are fucking retarded

He's sad.

K considers that Joi's love might just be a part of her programming. However the take away should be that if k can change and think and feel as a replicant, Joi should be able to too as an ai.

For a fake man with an even faker holo waifu, whats even real then. Do their actions mean nothing?

Easy. It's depiciting the fact that the thing K "loved" was just as artificial as the rest of his world. The way she calles him Joe just hones in the fact that she wasn't unique or special, litterally just a VR waifu with programming that probably adapted her behavior to match if her user was a human or replicant. To me that scene said there were millions of other "real boys" given the name "joe" by their Joi's, just another way wallace can manipulate and emotionally control them.

Everytime I saw an ad for JOI in the movie I kept thinking they meant Jerk off Instruction i can't be the only one

>Is she sentient?
Yes. Though it could be argued that sentience would require some form of biology. But in the end even our biology is just down to chemicals telling us how to feel.

>Is her love real?
Sure, why not. Her unconditional love is what everyone is looking for in a relationships, but not everyone achieves this.

Yes. Every JOI is different in the sense that they've had different experiences and their personalities are different because of it, even if slightly.

gib holo waifu gf (>;_;)>

fool

WHAT'S IT LIKE TO HOLD YOUR WAIFU'S HAND IN THE RAIN? INTERLINKED

>Her unconditional love is what everyone is looking for in a relationships
Absolutely not, you retard. The last thing I want is a fucking computer that only does what it thinks I like, unless that computer is built for playing games and shitposting online. What a horrendously asocial delusion to live under.

Why would you shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane? Interlinked.

I-I-INTERLINKED

WHY AREN'T YOU USING CAPS LOCK FOR THIS MEME? CELLS

YOU'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BASELINE

Well I mean, you're not a replicant are you?

>a computer that only does what it thinks I like

Sounds great to me.

he could've just been telling her that she hated it though, and then she decides she does because he said so.

This is literally the wrong take away. Please rethink of this scene with the Rachel 2 and Deckard scene and then include the final scene of the real/fake snow.