Why did they castrate Luke Skywalker in the new Star Wars movies...

Why did they castrate Luke Skywalker in the new Star Wars movies? He was the ultimate badass by Return of the Jedi and now he’s this weeping pushover.

They didn’t change anything about Luke. He stopped being a badass by the end of Empire Strikes Back after his ass got handed to him and became a peace loving hippy to turn his dad.

Who else /only going to watch this shit for Kylo Ren/ ?
I couldn't give less of a fuck about Rey, R2Dindu, Nu-Luke or those retarded new penguin things.

because he’s gay and that made darth vader mad so he used his lightsaber on him

>white boy weak and effeminate
>white girl/black man strong and and funny

Kylo is definitely the best of these new characters.. even if he is essentially nuAnakin.

Because he's an old white man. You can't have the old white man be the symbol of hope, he has to be the thing that the women and persons of color rebel against.

You haven't even seen it you tard. Of course Rian wouldn't put any badass Luke moments in the trailer

>Finn
>Strong
Almost every his scene is either him acting like a wuss, being a clown or picking up the lightsaber - objectively the coolest fictional thing to ever exist - only to get BTFO within ten seconds.

I hope we get a scene where Luke throws around TIE fighters with the force

How is Kylo weak?

I guess he turns into the Obi-Wan.

The lightsaber is Luke's penis. By accepting the lightsaber from Rey, he is accepting the return of his manhood but he is too afraid.

he's a useless fuck up. I get he is 'supposed' to be an edgelord, but why? Why turn the Sith into this Knights of Ren crap?

Luke hasn't made sense since the TFA script.
Luke has always been the bravest boy in the Star Wars universe, dumb, whiny and rushed maybe, but he always did the most dangerous thing he could do despite people advising him against it.

So him just running away after the Knights of Ren debacle doesn't make sense, real Luke would have turned Kylo good or at least beat him, and then he would IMMEDIATELY attack Snoke and then either die or get captured.
That would have made way more sense, he's a man that went to fight the mob alone with his jedi powers to save his friends, and flied to confront Vader and the Emperor on their own ship by himself.

Running away is simply not Luke.

Luke is the definitive beta of film.

Whereas Anakin in the definitive alpha.

White """men""" ur done here

what if OP is mark hamill?

Reminder that Finn and Poe are going to be a canon couple.

>I've seen this raw strength once before
>It didn't scare me enough then. It does now

hurr rey is da strongest force user ever hurr

This shit is straight out of some Mary Sue Tumblr fan fic

Star Wars has always been full of Mary Sues and Marty Stus, though.

Fuck you.

Honestly, not really. He's saying Kylo was that strong as well so really if both of the current gen force users are "wow, so strong" then nobody is.

THATS NOT EQUAL REPRESENTATION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't get cocky, kid.

Since Mark decided Luke was gay, they decided they needed to make him as effeminate and homosexual as possible. This explains Luke's castration.

except it is because 90% of the rest of the team is white guy

I like how they completely ape dragon ball for the prequels and sequels. Every subsequent character has an inexplicably higher power level and it's the strongest thing they've ever seen

>he hasn't seen the deleted scenes when luke gets his "power convertor"

Same path as Yoda: If the hardships of the material world seem insurmountable, you turn inwards and become a more spiritual hermit.

He wasn't the ultimate badass in ROTJ. He was more mature and there was a sign that he was willing to dabble in the dark side, but at the end he was begging for Vader to help him.
Luke is very human, and they made a point to show that all throughout the entire OT.

But that's intentional in-universe.
He's actively emulating Darth Vader in TFA, the whole movie is about how the First Order is trying to recapture the glory of the empire (which, again, makes sense since it's the remnants of the empire after RotJ).

So the main question is how will these character diverge from their Original Trilogy Counterparts since their backstories and personalities aren't exact copies of Luke's, Yoda's, Anakin's etc

RUN
RUN
RUN AND JUMP
I CAN BE A BACKPACK WHILE YOU RUN

What the hell is this shit? I mean.. Luke has always been faggy but I never knew he was actually a "fag."

This. They better have some good explanation, otherwise it makes no sense. If there's one thing Luke has never been shown to do, it's running away from problems.

Maybe Anakin, and then he turns into a child killer that loses all his limbs against his mentor.

Remember when Luke wasn't a fag and he fucked a well built Ex-Imperial Redhead and had a child together.

those where the days, now everything's gay.

Well if it wasn't the "strongest ever seen" then it wouldn't be a problem for old Luke to take care of.
Also, casuals love powercreep in their media. Something about the new/young surpassing the old.

This

I mean that's generally how people exist in real life

You could have that without power creep. You'd just have to make the old ones weak. OT did this, remember how Obi Wan couldn't put up a fight anymore and how Yoda died of natural causes in his hermit hut. Even Emperor Palpatine didn't seem impressive at all in his last fight. Picking him up and throwing him over a railing did the trick, lmao. So to let Rey and Kylo take over organically all they would have to do is diminish the power of Luke and Snoke.

Luke reminded me of Gandalf in this shot. In fact, the whole trailer gave off Lord of the Rings vibes.

*remember how Yoda could barely lift a spaceship out of water and then...

Sounds pretty faggy

At least Mara Jade was a good beard for when Luke wasn't busy offering his tyte boipucci to Daddy Sheev in his virile silver fox clone body.

Luke was never the ultimate badass at any point.

>Episode 4: Whiny bitch but a good pilot
>Episode 5: Whiny bitch but a good pilot
>Episode 6: Half-decent Jedi and a good pilot

His crowning achievement in the original trilogy was daring Palpatine to torture/kill him, then screaming for Vader to save him.

Mara Jade was a stupid bitch and her son was even dumber.

I think he was referring to Snoke as the one he should have been scared of. Kylo has natural talent, but he's no chosen one.

Who else not seeing this Disney trash?

Hah! He pummeled an elderly man to the ground, before being being electrocuted by a prune.

You don't seem to understand those terms. A Mary Sue is an original character inserted into a universe, first and foremost, but along with everything else you assume "Mary Sue" means. In any case, that's not the case in Star Wars where every character had major character flaws, bungles, gets captured, loses 3/4 fights, etc.

Absolute kek

I like Finn and wish he had been the true new lead over Rey.

at least he's a character

>castrating Luke
FUCK YOU JEWSINEY

That's the fucking point. Watching a wannabe sith struggle to purge himself of any emotion but a lust for power and completely failing at it is way more interesting than Mary Sue using advanced Jedi skills despite never having heard of the force.

The Knights of Ren are pretty stupid though. These underdeveloped half-baked characters will just inevitably die because it was a dumb story thread nobody wanted to see.

Power creep is a common trope.
They had a giant fucking Death Star, they just made a 50kilometers wide Ship, and they made giant AT-AT's
What the fuck did you think was going to happen? Of course Rey and Kylo will be super duper overpowered Mary Sues.

Just ignore the fact that Yoda was the strongest Jedi to ever live, Sheev the strongest Sith, and Anakin and Luke are the 2 men with the greatest potential ever, lol, it's her turn. Fuck the lore!

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

A Mary Sue would be a character who pretty much every good guy likes immediately and almost inexplicably. Most of the Jedi didn't like Anakin.

Luke will show his powerlevel after he's been pushed beyond the breaking point. Rian is a Star Wars fanboy and no fanboy would reduce Luke to a beaten old man, not completely.
If i'm wrong however... i'm done with star wars.