Best Comics of 2016

playbackstl.com/best-of/best-of-2016/best-of-2016-the-rest/best-comics-of-2016-erin-jameson/

Can someone give me an actual list ? :(

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/best-comics-2016-247013
pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/the-best-comics-of-2016.html?a=1
pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/i-dissent-our-contributors-favorite-comics-of-2016.html
pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/the-best-comic-book-reprints-of-2016.html
pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/the-best-kids-comics-of-2016.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Faith

"My friend, whom we’ll call Ariel, was so excited about Faith because she said there was finally someone who looked like her. She felt like Faith represented her and was just a superhero, and you don’t really get many zaftig ladies getting to save the world while having nice hair and a day job doin’ the thing. I know people talk about representation a lot, and then other people make weird faces because they’re total a-holes, but sometimes it’s nice to see yourself and this felt like quite a leap."

ok but what about the COMIC. Not the character. the COMIC.

>hambeasts can't enjoy superheroics unless the hero is also a lardass

you can't make this shit up

>and then other people make weird faces because they’re total a-holes
INTERNALIZED OPPRESSION!!

I liked it so I'll give an opinion.

It's a comic about a character that really wants to be a hero despite all the shit she's gone through to get there. Barring the Hillary short, not written by the person that regularly writes the comic, It doesn't try to preach to you about tolerance or whatever. The art wildly fluctuates between bretty good to hot garbage though.

It's only a few issues so if you're really curious It's online in a few places. Just skip the Hillary story (part of issue 6) for the love of god.

>zaftig
>she thinks these kind of euphemisms don't make her look shallow and desperate for attention
holes.

The fuck is zaftig?

a way to say BBW/full-figured while sounding like you've said something cosmopolitan and highbrow instead of "I'm fat. "

It's nice seeing someone like you in media. It doesn't connect with white guys,or regular girls/ pretty girls because they're everywhere. I don't want any white guy to apologize, pander and/or destroy their artistic integrity to make minorities actual main protags, but it's hard to even grasp this concept when you're a white male.

The AVClub list is solid but I'm sure it will trigger neo-Sup Forums and capeshitters

avclub.com/article/best-comics-2016-247013

>bitch planet
>mockingbird

goddammit I know there are better comics out there that detail the female condition.

Misspelled version of the German word 'saftig' (juicy) used by hipsters as a pretentious way to say BBW/fat.

I read that as fatpig :°)

>Mockingbird
>Bitch Planet
>Champions
>Captain Marvel
>Unbeatable Squirrel-Girl

Here's your list OP

Agreed, an entire list of virtue signaling would be anathema to neo-Sup Forums. Only way it could be less like neo-Sup Forums is if it prefaced each list with weasel qualifiers like "now some of you might call me an SJW for this", or "I'm sure this will make some of you upset, but..."

Paste has a few good comics.

pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/the-best-comics-of-2016.html?a=1
pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/i-dissent-our-contributors-favorite-comics-of-2016.html
pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/the-best-comic-book-reprints-of-2016.html
pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/the-best-kids-comics-of-2016.html

I wish Sup Forums spent a little less time talking about Faith and a little more time talking about Gina Wynbrandt.

>Can someone give me an actual list ? :(
How about the ones you read and liked?

isnt that by one of the Bojack Horseman artists? I loved that show, even if it's starting to outstay its welcome

I don't think so.

You might be thinking of this.

Autmnlands, the Vision, Gwenpool

Did you read any comics that aren't monthly serials?

no, I mostly watch anime

>Gwenpool

>First result is "Big Pussy"
Interesting - eye-searing, but interesting.

also, I stopped going to the local comic shop a few months ago because the girl behind the counter wouldn't order the Vision for me because she said 'you don't want to read it, its not that great'

She should be fired and gassed.

>Low-selling superhero books are often the most interesting, and that was certainly the case at Marvel Comics this year, where titles like [...] Chelsea Cain and Kate Niemczyk’s Mockingbird [...] produced the publisher’s best superhero stories. Socially conscious with a strong focus on the emotional lives of their leads, these three books address real-world issues surrounding [...] gender equality (Mockingbird) [...] and feature distinct creative visions that spotlight the potential for innovation in superhero stories.
Sigh.

When will an actual feminist call these fucking shills out already? Calling your shitty book "feminist" doesn't magically make it a good innovative socially conscious book addressing gender equality. There IS a lot of potential to explore social themes in comics, but slapping the "feminist" label on a superficial, flawed book isn't the way to do it.

The superhero entries are just bait to get readers.

The serious contenders for "best comics" are all the non-superhero suggestions.

>My friend, whom we’ll call Ariel

Because like Ariel, whales come from the sea?

You tried

>SJW Club
This. Is. Bait.

AV Club is only good when they have Gwar do covers

I feel like that's all one can ever do

Flintstones was the best comic of the year.

That's all you need to know.

this

FLEENSTONES?

>Flintstones will never get the recognition it deserves

why are we alive

Neither did Prez. Where were you fuckers on that one, huh?

Obligatory response to this pic.

Lol I'd buy and read this if it existed