Why does Sup Forums pretend to like the prequels?

Why does Sup Forums pretend to like the prequels?

>pretend
They're original stories with groundbreaking special effects for the time. Much better than the Disney shit that is the OT 2.0.

Because the new ones are also really fucking disappointing.

+3 mousebucks have been added to your account

Sup Forums is contrarian

Because they grew up with them and can't accept that their favorite movies from their childhood are dogshit.

They're heavily flawed, but still thoroughly enjoyable movies.

And they have incredible design work and scores.

We're not pretending.

Because they are good.

Most of Sup Forums were children when they came out and so were the first Star Wars films they saw. Same reason why you get so much praise for Skyrim and Oblivion on Sup Forums.

Also it's an easy way to farm (you)s.

I thought the sequels were horrific.

Then I saw the new films.

>groundbreaking special effects for the time.

They looked fairly bad when they came out; they look absolutely terrible now.

Compare those special effects with the effects from 2001: A Space Odyssey or Blade Runner. Those films are 50 and 35 years old and the effects still look great.

The prequels? I think computer games nowadays look better than those films.

>Same reason why you get so much praise for Skyrim and Oblivion on Sup Forums
But Sup Forums is Skyrim hate central

Your picture is better than any of the actors or characters in the nu-wars

Who's pretending?

Because the prequels made the universe bigger. And the good guys have an army.

This to be honest.

No one on Sup Forums actually likes the prequels - they just realized how bad it can actually get with the release of the new films.

The newest trailer is the scariest thing of all. It feels like cape shit. It really does.

Under 18 babbies and contrarians mainly
ROTS was the only one that was really good

You have to understand one thing: For all the shit the prequels get, most of it is from people who didn't watch them when they came out, because they were too young. These are the people who missed out on both the original trilogy AND the prequels.

They copied the hate for the prequels to fit in with the jaded autists who are now in their 40s.

So for those people, it's their first star wars release that they are actively part of, so they HAVE to like it, it's like "shit, I wanna belong to this fandom, because I missed the two previous trains". So they blindly hype it, completely ignore all flaws. They're forcing themselves. And they'll defend this movie to the death. Every reviwer that uses phrases like "the first good star wars movie since 19xx" falls into the same category of youngsters who have no taste.

These people, from a subconscious fear of never really being part of this fandom, are now praising the movie to be the next coming of christ. Everyone who isn't still shitting their diapers and can actually judge the movie objectively will tell you: This one is the worst of the bunch.
Yes, worse than the prequels. It's like a chinese knockoff of star wars, bearing nothing that made the previous 6 movies charming (I say charming and not good, because they were both good at something, but not at the same thing". The only thing this has in common with star wars is the title. It's blatant nostalgia fanwank down to copying most of the plot from ANH, ripping off all major setpieces and shoehorning an "epic phrase" ála "i have a bad feeling about this" in the dialogue every 2-3 minutes.
Do me a favor and watch the prequels when you have the time again, just do it, and try to note how much they relied on recalling the original trilogy. It's not a lot. That's why the prequels, while having a different focus than the OT, succeed as a movie series. This movie does not.

The prequels are bad but try a different approach, the sequels are just plain bad and unoriginal, also the prequels brought a lot of interesting worldbuilding and aesthetic even if they fucked up a few times like with the midiclorians

because as the anti reddit we have to

Because hating on Disney Wars is cooler than hating on the prequels. Everbody knows why the prequels are terrible. The new films are ripe for nit picking and pointless list making of surface level complaints. How else will I impress my fellow kino connoiseurs with my superior taste in film on a Mongolian basket weaving forum?

Everyone likes to bash the CGI in the prequels, but they don't look that bad when they came out.

They've aged poorly, but they looked pretty good for their time.

>They copied the hate for the prequels to fit in with the jaded autists who are now in their 40s.
My brother and I grew up on the prequels, we used to rewatch that shit over and over again, because we absolutely loved it.

Now he's older and all he does is shit on them as the worse things ever, George Lucas is a hack, Hayden ruined Star Wars forever, etc. Kind of sad.

Because they're contrarian faggots who subsist solely on disagreeing with the general consensus of everything.

>midiclorians
Well now they have Force Trees, I don't know how much better this is going to bed.

I don't know why they keep trying to explain the Force. Just let the Force be an unexplained, mystical power that lets Jedi and Sith do their shit.

Because liking the originals is reddit and they'd rather be dead than called that.

Idk they weren't that bad when they came out and I can at least sit through them. No they aren't master pieces but they fill a star wars niche.

Nuwars in the other had is pure shit I can't even make it half way through TFA

Honestly the people who hate the prequels the most seem to be the people who watched and loved it but when star wars became mainstream they tried to become contrarian as they Could

Its called a prelude. Not a prequel, fucken loser

I liked them as a kid and as a teen. Just because I'm an adult now doesn't mean they are suddenly bad.

Okay, I can understand if you don't like the prequels however
original trilogy > prequels > disney wars
if you don't agree with that I literally want you to kill yourself
also if you hate the prequels but you watch some shit like rick and morty or the Big Bang theory or some other shitty normie shitty fucking kike show, kill yourself

>pretend
it's generally agreed that only 3 is the decent one

the pres showed us new shit
nuwars was just lame, all the same old shit and Han and Finn just landed on starkiller base and walked in way too fucking easily, so unrealistic, only a brainlet would buy that shit
I know he had the passes for security but still it was fucking stupid.
this is supposed to be an EXTREMELY advanced military base

Fat middle aged autists with glasses hate the prequels and numale conformists who think it's the cool thing to do
The prequels tried to be it's own thing

It's like the saying goes: act like an idiot long enough and you'll soon come across actual idiots who think they're in good company.