I've read most of this guy's 40k work. How good is he at writing comics?

I've read most of this guy's 40k work. How good is he at writing comics?

He's not completely terrible. Better than mediocre, even. His books tend to be fun to read but not really anything mindblowing.

consistently solid but doesn't really blow people away

I find it funny how when he was at Marvel Sup Forums was jerking him off about how he was gonna make Guardians great again with his Guardians 3000 and how his Hercules was better than Pak's run but the moment he goes to DC his Aquaman and Titans now suck.

Shit, Abnett writes comics? I like his Horus Heresy stuff

Echoing these sentiments. Solid writer but ultimately nothing special. I am still salty about Guardians 3000 going nowhere though

Aquaman and Titans are good though.

His and Andy Lanning's run on LOSH for DC and their Guardians of the Galaxy run for Marvel are pretty good. His current run on Aquaman and Titans at DC has been pretty solid as well

Better than his 40k work, save for Durham Red.

All of those are decent comics. I feel his Aquaman is held back by Johns' hold on the character. I was expecting some underwater Sci-fi that he's known for, not politics and Atlantis/surface relations once again.

Guarfians 3000 was good but was cut short, Guardians of Infinity not so much bevause he didn't have time to develop his OCs like he did with Geena Drake and what he was doing in G3000 was more interesting (also the shitty backups didn't help).

Hercules and Guardians 3000 were shit, though, and Aquaman is great. Titans is mediocre at best.
Abnett is very, very hit and miss, much like Bunn.

When paired with Andy Lanning they're a legit great writing duo. On his own he's fairly middling. Sadly his and Lanning's relationship is beyond repair (don't remember why, something about bitchy wives?) so he's not any good anymore.

Titans is great, just Robinfags are mad there isn't enough Batjerking.

Pretty good, I very much like the Insurrection stories for 2000AD.

He made my waifu Sup Forums related. He's a hero.

>Nobody mentions the MOTU comic

I know it was under the radar, but it went from shit to pretty darn great with Abnett.

You should go pick up Titans. It's okay I guess but he's going to be doing a crossover with Priest's Deathstroke and Seeley's Nightwing soon.

Nightwing the book is getting involved in Judas Contract: Renegotiated, right?

Quite good. Ignore Sup Forums's memes.

He's perfectly adequate but that's about it. Not the most creative guy really. Don't pay money for his comics.

He wrote fuckload of comics. From Transformers to Death's Head.

I liked death of apollo

Aquaman and Titans are great though pleb

That is his Warhammer 40k writing in a nutshell.

Although he did create one THE most popular commissars in the universe.

He didnt just create Gaunt he also created the regiment aswell. Though I guess Gaunt is special since the number of named commissars is slim.

I wonder why he never jumped on more 40k comics his writing in Damnation Crusade was great.

Guardians 3000 was awesome. The problem was it got killed by Secret Wars just as things were picking up.