Why doesn't this happen more?

Why doesn't this happen more?

a lot of star wars writers don't know how to write force users well

Be more specific and I might be able to tell you.

Is there any limit on the force? Like some kind of stamina bar?

I assume force-based triple wielding.

In the games, yes.

Why the hell has thee been literally a fucktillion years of light sabers and ftl travel but none of the ships have a shield generator?

Jedi hoarded kyber crystals. Then Sheev "Just fuck my moon up" Palps hoarded shoved them all into his Death Stars where they were promptly destroyed.

KOTOR is better than all 8 movies.

Shit, that actually makes sense. Is that EU or Disney canon?
The whole no shields in Star Wars thing occurred to me this morning when I was taring down a friend's meme about how The Enterprise couldn't take a Star Destroyer. Sorry, but if The Enterprise can take down a Borg Cube, an armor plated Acheles heel museum doesn't stand a chance.

Better yet, why hasn't technology in general progressed since The Old Republic?

Do the words 'deflector shield' mean nothing to you?

Technological apex or resource bottle neck

>Limit

What limit?

T.Nihilus

kotor does not have the aesthetics of the original kotor

>none of the ships have a shield generator?
They do though

It's just tight instead of a big Star Trek bubble

I wonder why the story shifted to lightsabers being all powerful. The emperor thought they were a jedi toy and he had lightning and force powers. Yoda could move entire buildings. Would you reduce that to lightsaber battle?

Medical reserve and cybernetics has improved, the new magic negro from rogue 1 or darth vader would have never survived in the old republic, and if the EU were to be believed, doomsday weapons kept advancing.

>EU

What? I'm pretty sure they talk about deflector shields every time they start to engage in battle.

The sith would think that though, seeing as the jedi controlled all the planets where saber crystals occur, and they have to make do with the artificial ones, which are nearly always red as a result.

They do though don't they?

I mean aren't tie fighters infamous for not having shields compared to other ships?

Yeah I was googling the deflector shields just now and saw that. Makes more sense, now.

This has nothing to do with comics or cartoons.
Fuck off and die crossboard posters.
You just tried this shit earlier and mods deleted the thread.
Just because something has comics and cartoons does not mean you can talk about the non comic and cartoons parts of it.

>star wars has no comics
>star wars has no cartoons

you tell em user! you tell em!

It has
All this "ancient times" shit is NOT CANON any more

This is way more relevant then threads for children's book series that have cartoon illustrations on their covers and that's it. Nobody fucking bats an eye at goosebumps threads, what the fuck?

>Nihilus
>not even the main antagonist

Disney canon is fake and anyone who calls EU Legends is a pleb.

What is canon anymore? Besides the 70s and 80s movies and the fanfiction movie this and last year?

Both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 had comic tie ins m80, and elements of KOTOR 2 were in Star Wars Rebels.

>elements of KOTOR 2 were in Star Wars Rebels.
Only the name of Malachor

EA Battlefront and the comics with the Ackbar Grievous.

Ships aside from TIE fighters usually have shields, but they're weak and can only take a few hits before "breaking".

Bubble shields exist in Star Wars too and are much more resilient, see destroyer droids, the moon in Rogue One, etc. I assume they're more expensive though and rarely used for that reason.

Everything before Disney bought the rights is non-canon except for the movies and the CGI cartoon.
All the books, comics, games, toys, whatever from before Disney isn't canon

In the present canon, there is nothing from before Episode 1

Clone Wars and Rebels, a bunch of new books and comics.

Because it's fucking stupid.

See Like, a distinctive personal weapon is all well and good for a young crusading Knight, out to travel the universe, and learn about themselves in the process. But for a reclusive or more enlightened master of the Force it's rather trivial. No matter how cool, it's still only just a weapon.

>reading comprehension
No. Its not.
Kotor is a video game. It belongs on Sup Forums

Because most "original" concepts are too risky for the movies.

Lucas wanted to use his own ideas, and Disney wants to use Original Trilogy familiarity.

I dread the day we eventually get a half assed Kreia ripoff from Disney.

>Pic Related
>Not Canon

One of the best things the Clone Wars tv show ever did was give Delta squad a cameo and make clone commandos an actual thing.

>Empire has impenetrable PLANET SIZED shield it uses to guard its R&D archives and projects
>doesn't just install one of these things on the Death Star

This bugged me more than anything else in Rouge One except Tron Tarkin

>>doesn't just install one of these things on the Death Star
It didn't need one

You couldn't destroy it by attacking it on the outside anyways

>Quad Dubs
>Kreia has both hands in the pic.

Okay, see I can buy that, but... It raises the question as to why the Scariff installation need a shield the size of it's entire god damn atmosphere?

It was silly and disproportional

Obi-wan disabled it during Episode 4. Weren't paying attention?

I guarantee you that whole deal was added without much thought for logic when the script was rewritten, because they were missing a huge space setpiece.

Also they did have a shield like that on the second Death Star, so it's not unprecedented. Just too bad they weren't smart enough to put the generator inside the shield, which is clearly possible.

That was the tractor beam.

>It was silly and disproportional
S T A R W A R S
T
A
R
W
A
R
S

That was the tractor beam.

It used to, but then KOTOR came out.
The original Tales of the Jedi comic had everyone had lots of advanced tech but it looked OLD, like Medieval or Egyptian-age sci-fi technology, exactly like the Rakata artifacts.

However, since the art looked nothing like the original trilogy, they couldn't use it for KOTOR1 because everyone would complain that the Star Wars game lookes nothing like Star Wars.

But Star Destroyers do have shields.
>They're moving into attack position. Shields up!

But what if someone rammed it's laser focus lens n DS fired point blank?

He turned off other shit. He went to the generator switcharoos which was located on a narow unassailable ledge.

What about a gun that shoots lightsabers?

But... they did though. That was the whole fucking point of destroying that bunker on Endor, because that was powering the Death Star's shield.

A lightsaber that shoots lightsabers.

Is that actual EU canon or some kind of weeabo (waraboo?) deviantart monstrosity?

At this point and knowing how bad the EU got I would believe either.

Because no one is a gangster as Kreiya. Jolee Bindo comes Damn close, though.

Why don't the Jedi use like really really long lightsabers?
It's not like they're heavy

There's even a "blade length" setting on the things
So why not make it 20 feet long?

If you think about it, blasters shoots lightsaber blades. All you have to do is make the bolts spin.

really long blades is not unheard off with dual phase sabers. But Lightsabers have gyro-stabalizers so the longer the blade the harder to swing it.

It makes it more dificult to fight.

REEEEEEEE NOT LIKE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY, STOP RAPING MY CHILDHOOD, REEEEEEEE

Yeah, but they're not STAR TREK shields.

>autisming this hard

Because its stupid. Even hovering pistols around makes more sense.

Do you have a cbr of that? I just want to see if the marvel release has different colors/vibrance

dark horse version is pretty pale

How?
I mean, if it's 20 feet long just wiggle it around and it'll chop something off

this

So disable the "gyro stabilizers"

I'm not trying to sword fight
I want to wave around a big limb chopping off flash light thing

Without the gyro, the recycling magnetic field keeping the form of the blade would not function and the saber would just ooze out hot plasma.

Just give me a fucking blaster.

>Run into brigade of stormtroopers
>Whip out lightsaber
>Set it to Sephiroth mode
>Stormtroopers start shooting
>Each time you block, you accidentally slice up the ground around you
>Can't get closer to the stormtroopers because you've made the ground between you into a charred, gashed hellscape
>Decide to force jump over the mini-Mustafar you've created and just slash through the whole platoon
>Accidentally slice through three nearby buildings in the process, killing half a dozen people trying to hide from the fighting

What's the difference?

Blaster jedi are best jedi cause blaster jedi shoots people in the dick.

Star Wars shields actually prevent damage until a plot relevant character hits them. Star Trek shields cause every terminal on the ship to overload whenever they take a glancing hit.

Better question: why has no one come up with the concept of a forcefield armor? The droidekas have personal shields, clearly it's not that hard to miniaturize them.

EU has them, mostly on the Old Republic storylines. Though it would ruin the chances of the Gary and Mary Stu's succeeding.

I always shoot people in their dicks. It's more of a reflex than a conscious decision.

>Nihilus
Very cute, now stand aside boy and let the grow ups be in charge.

And this is on a space station, so I hope they have suits.

You may repressed sexual tensions young Padawan. If you ever get the urge, simply imagine master Yoda shaving his legs.

lol is she like Zoro from One Piece?

But master that only makes the urge stronger!

Because audiences wanna see sword fights with sick spins, seeing someone standing still while a bunch of lightsabers swing themselves around her would be boring to them.

Space dark side Chutulu doesn't count. Also Nihilus would have sucked her dry too.

>Also Nihilus would have sucked her dry too
Not if she sucked him dry first

Then you are lost! They said you would destroy the smut not fap to them!

They would try to suck each other until the Force implodes on itself. Making Kreia wet like a waterfall.

have your flying lightsabers and have the baddie swinging a 4th one with his own hands. Problem solved.

And then Revan would show up to plug both holes

Nah. He'd genocide the survivors.

>implying I would be so inclined to stop smut instead of fapping to it

That image would actually make for an amazing comic.

Yes it is, stop wasting your own time yelling at the wall because we are stubborn in our opinion that you're an idiot, also probably a goosebumpsfag.

Rogue 1 asserts the Deathstar was powered by Kyber crystals. and, the Empire was raiding Jedi temples and mines for them.

yes, Startrek tech owns the shit out of Starwars.

starwars lasers wouldn't dent any Startrek ships. Cloaking, teleporters, phasers, etc. not even close. Trek ships are faster as well. Enterprise can destroy planets itself with sustained phaser burn on a planet.
the Enterprise could have taken the deathstar by itself.

starwars would only have the Force to possibly stay competitive.

for the second death star it was not a bug, but a feature.

In jedi outcast/academy i stomped people with the flak canon. Man that made some people rage out, the very idea that I was using the ignored weapons that were placed on the map that weren't disabled that they didn't know how to use. The fucking nerve.