What movies do you watch when you want to forget about life and feel like a child again?

what movies do you watch when you want to forget about life and feel like a child again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tyfYuWNBEbY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wes Anderson movies
Anime(specifically Ghibli or critically acclaimed shit like Cowboy Bebop)

weed + basically anything

i don't watch movies when those feelings set in, i go exercise instead. works wonders, get the blood pumping. sitting down in a chair for two hours when feeling mopey is just death to me.

Capeshit

spirited away / totoro

>when you want to forget about life and feel like a child again

my neighbor totoro

I didn't start watching anime until teen years so this doesn't help
also totoro is the most boring ghibli movie

Lotr

batman the dark knight rises

Star Wars 3

I watch cartoons I used to watch as a kid like Beast Wars, Gargoyles, Heavy Gear, Dragonball, Godzilla, Kong, Men in Black, Mummies Alive, Zoids and shit like that. Sad but it cheers me up.

Time Bandits

Aesthetic animated Japanese films

The works of Makoto Shinkai and Hayao Miyazaki
are my favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=tyfYuWNBEbY

Any of them. All movies are escapism to me. Not sure about feeling like a child, don't want to feel like a useless piece of shit again.

stop being a useless shit than my dude

Porco Rosso :)

Already did, senpai. Can't say the same for my childhood though.

Indiana Jones tßh

>the most boring

so

Jurassic park

I just find a compilation on YouTube of old 90s commercials and peoples' home movies and wonder why and where things went wrong.

>why and where things went wrong.

That's easy. Childhood and early adulthood, senpai. If you don't have your shit together by the time you enter your teens your rate of happiness will take a sharp decline going into your 20's.

I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about society in general.

Elaborate.

Same answer. We don't learn to control our aggression and impulses growing up, instead we celebrate them.

The Pest

Call my an edgy shit or "le wrong generation" or whatever, I don't care, but I think the world has gone completely mad and almost everything about it sucks. Since like 2007, things in society have taken a huge decline in quality, that I find it hard to find much to celebrate or get excited about. I'm not suicidal or anything, I just don't see much good in the world or much at all these days that is worth celebrating. Nothing to do with my personal life, it's actually pretty good. But when I look at the society I live in, I can't help but pine for better days when things weren't so shitty.

anything Disney, particularly the live action movies

Things do seem like they're degenerating, guy, but dont forget that you're a part of the cultural zeitgeist just as much as anyone else. At every point in your life after a certain age, from the moment you wake up until you go to sleep, you choose what to do at every waking second, guy. If you dont like aspects of your life, or aspects of your community, change them

I'm in the world, not a part of it. I've more or less detached from everything contemporary or 'current'. I don't have enough individual influence to make radical change either.

What were the characteristics of those better days?

I don't have anything left. They killed it all. It's dead.

The biggest aspect is genuine human connection and societal/interpersonal connectivity.

Wes Anderson Movies are beautiful

Toy Story

Change is coming, friend. Know that you're not the only one feeling this. It seems to us that degenerates are the utmost majority because they're always so active, they're always in your face about their lives and everything. This is because deep down they know they're being evil, that's why they always need attention.

I see a lot of people getting so frustrated and angry these days. They desperately want change, but don't know how to change it. Americans wanted trump to change it, without knowing he's one of the degenerates. But next time it will be good. I unironically legitimately saying this, people are waking up. Secrets are coming out, masks are going off lad. Believe. Time for change is upon us.

Just watch the red turtle because it's fucking amazing

We can only hope, my friend. Don't give up on hope.