Is he right about the "DC alt-right"...

Is he right about the "DC alt-right"? Should we all just accept that quips and cartoon Marvel stories the norm for the genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w-QhdzQo66o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RIDE AINT OVER YET
MUUUH MAN

"Umberto" is seriously one of the stupidest names I've ever heard.

all comic book movies are fucking trash fuck I hate manchildren and their fucking children's entertainment god damn this world

>FUN
I heard the new Thor was going to be FUN. In the trailer we hear Loki say "this is going to be FUN" so there is guaranteed ton of FUN in this. Don't you guys just love when marvel goes all out FUN in their films? It really makes it easier for me to appreciate the fact that I'm consuming nonsensical stories with no cohesive world or storytelling structures that all result in nothing but a clearly focus-tested mess that appeals to kids of an age gap of 6. But hey they said it's FUN so only boring losers could hate this.

Hey DC, remember FUN?

That CGI is atrocious. Looks like very bad photoshop.

Main problem I have with the MCU now is that it's constantly undercutting emotional moments with whedon-esque humor.

youtube.com/watch?v=w-QhdzQo66o

>what writers should learn from Wonder Woman
Absolutely nothing

How can DC be alt-right when the majority of them are shitskins and the few "whites" are liberals

marvelpajeets and marvelspics have consolidated.

Imagine if Homecoming had less Pajeet pandering. It would've lost to WW even on Asian markets and not just domestic.

What does homocoming have to do with the alt right? "Gonzalez" is talking about his own kind in whining. They can't be alt-right

He didn't say DC was alt-right. He was referring to the portion of DC property fans whose opinions correlate with posters here who call BvS and SS Kino, while shitting on Marvel because it produces popcorn instead of a platter of Oscar bait featuring ...popcorn harvested from corn grown in the depths of the Amazon Jungle that only a handful of people have ever been to in person.

SWAT operations aren't "fun"

I don't understand why a realistic take on a team masked vigilantes is bad.

They can have humor, but it shouldn't be the focus.

You stupid faggots claimed it and accused anyone who liked Marvel of being leftist nu-male cucks. Quit being a faggot and stop pretending you didn't create the association yourself.

DCucks might actually be WORSE than Rick and Morty fans

Who is this poo pusher?

>You stupid faggots claimed it and accused anyone who liked Marvel of being leftist nu-male cucks.
But it's true.

let's not forget them labeling every news story "fake news"

Nah everything needs to be GoTG. Nevermind that we're using FUN as an excuse to completely bypass the older audiences and go directly to the kids instead where the merchandise bucks is.

>Screenwriter, @Forbes contributor, cohost of @SuperheroNewsCB, @Quora Top Writer. Also appears occasionally at @HuffPost & @Slate. Tweets reflect my own views.

>DC and Synder were making some good, thought-provoking movies like BvS
>"Ha fuck that you NAZIS we're making Marvel capeshit garbage from now on"
Hey, cool, less movie tickets I gotta buy this year.

>good
>thought provoking
The only thought I had was if someone actually got paid for that script and whether or not anybody proofread it.

>You stupid faggots claimed it and accused anyone who liked Marvel of being leftist nu-male cucks
Well you act like it.

>capeshit

>"DC alt-right"

That feels like an oversimplification. The further to the left you lean, the more the middle looks "right" to you.

WHAT HAS FALLEN IS FALLEN XD

brainlet

Anyone who "analyses" superhero movies should be fucking gassed

I'm dead serious, stop eating this garbage and stop thinking you're above it all because you watch it ironically

>every group that disagrees with me is alt-x.
Juvenile.

>The movies based on comic books are supposed to be serious and show me the meaning of my life
>quips ruin my imagination make believe time where I live vicariously through movie characters and forget i'm a white trash cuck who has devoted his life to being a cultist to an double comb over morbidly obese manchild treasonous conman

Cut parallel to the veins

nice one lefty/pol/, very hard hitting.

A stunning lack of self awareness user. Bravo.

t. NuMale rapist

>A stunning lack of self awareness user. Bravo.
and you say you're not one? fucking faggot lmao

Another nu-male who defends the infantilization of film. What is their end goal?

why the fuck does everything now have to be about politics i am fucking sick of it

Why not enjoy both DC and marvel? Perhaps it's too complex

Also called the "nu-male balding with a beard to hide a poor chin" Fan club

Literally who? Also that first tweet is hilariously stupid

>the Marvel crowd
GUISE I WANT MY CONFLICTS WITH SIMPLE, EASY TO IDENTIFY FACTIONS AND GOALS; AND I WANT MY PROTAGS TO BE CHEERFUL AND OPTIMISTIC

Jesus fuck, how the fuck does anyone consider anything DC produces worthy of holding on to or anything Marvel makes worthy of emulating? Between the two franchises they haven't managed one good film unless you consider TDK or Logan.

DChads confirmed.

Marvelcucks confirmed.

This is FUN and HILARIOUS escapism. Remember to buy the toys (man) kids. This is after all just FUN where you can act like an overgrown child for 2 hours and pretend you're still 10.

HOW FUN

>literally admitting it
They're right though, DCucks ran to Sup Forums for protection because BvS is a terrible film that can't stand on it's merits. DCucks have to pretend it's somehow political when it's really just a bunch of pretentious shitty garbage. I don't understand how you faggots can hear lines like "DING DING DING DING DING" and say "wow so deep, much kino".
BvS sucked

And yes it has a huge rightwing following. It's retarded, there is no politics in BvS but you faggots are the ones you started that retarded association because you cannot defend this garbage without us. Now that normies are catching on you deny it. Stop dragging us into your retarded shitty movie. Snyder made the single most feminist film ever made, Sucker Punch. All capeshit is terrible and you deserve to have a feminist cuck like Whedon at the helm of Justice League. Now fuck off

but will Man of Steel defend to death. That is true DC kino and gas anyone who doesn't agree

You mean Superman 78 being the only good CapeShit

>unless you consider TDK or Logan.
this faggot thinks he has good taste

The ending of MoS was too over blown and Pa Kents death was too over the top
A smaller budget would have helped the film

Superhero movies are strictly for children and those with the minds of children.

Fan boys shilling for their respective companies, and having "rivalries" with other fanboys with their undying love for different company.

Tribalism is a really weird human trait and gets really weird when it's pushing for companies that you don't benefit from.

not going to read that whiny bitch rant faggot lmao

They're confusing snide self awareness for lightheartedness or optimism.

Oh fuck off cunt BvS isn't even right wing. People mock shit leftists like you for misunderstanding it so massively simply because the film depicted the mass media for what it is - a dishonest sensationalist hysteria machine. Of course if liberals still acted anti-establishment, they would've more than agreed to BvS's warnings of the elite billionaires hijacking the political and journalist wings of a democratic society to further their own agenda. But all you could muster was a "teh fascist Snyder". BvS mocks extremism in any form as a blinding mist.

this faggot thinks he has good taste

No I don't. I have very mediocre taste in film and even I can see that all of their output is shit. Watching more films and delving deeper into the medium to acquire better taste will only make me dislike those movies more. Maybe I won't consider TDK or Logan to be as good as I do but it won't change anything about the movies I think are crap.

This has to be satire

I do.

>but it won't change anything about the movies I think are crap.
wrong

Is there anything more insidious than the blue checkmark?

The goal of all envious, anti-intellectual types:

To reduce the complexity of everything to their level, and label anything that challenges them in any way as "stupid" or "garbage" or "pretentious," because to even entertain the possibility that there is more to it than they can understand is to admit that they're not the smartest kid in the room. Growth takes effort. Dismissal takes none.

Sadly, this mindset plays right into the hands of the people who really hold the reins, because it encourages people to let others do their thinking for them. And I'm not talking about any one group or ethnicity or shadowy group of conspirators. I'm talking about the same things that Greek and Roman philosophers were talking about thousands of years ago. Those in power require no grand conspiracy to remain in power, only base human nature.

Though some of us do find our way to the sun on occasion.

outside of featuring superheroes, superhero movies shouldnt have a template

ok, what are some examples of good movies among the two franchises

cringe

The only reasons I could see someone associating DC with the alt-right is Watchmen and Batman, two movies that feature vigilantes.

Rorschach is an alt-right wet dream.

BvS
MoS
that's it

Shouldn't antifa love vigilantes?

Bullshit, MoS was what BvS was trying to be done right. Had the expostion already been done in other movies BvS could have gone fullblast on what Snyder was going for and not be forced to juggle four other retarded plotlines or introduce half the cast because we'd already know them. BvS' main weakness was not "it was too dark", it's that the plot makes no sense. It's never explained what Lex's motivation is, how he learned of Batman and Superman's true identities or how the fuck creating a stronger, more violent and uncontrollable Kryptonian was supposed to get rid of his Kryptonian problem.

MoS was simple but it also had the deeper lair of complexity for people who knew where to look. It made Superman interesting and realistic. The only complaint I could see is that Superman's character is a bit off but I liked to think that by the end of that movie Henry Cavill's Superman became the heroic idealistic boyscout Superman we know.

Then BvS came and took a giant shit on everything. Superman was made to be petty and they're going down the route of Injustice. Injustice should have been some non-canon shit or an alternate timeline they did in their version of phase 3 or someshit.

What artistic merit do you find in them?

not spoonfeeding you sorry

>WAAAH NOTHING IN BVS IS RIGHTWING
>to a post that literally calls the association with the right retarded and states BvS is not political

Typical retarded Sup Forums poster can't even read english. He's not saying DC is rightwing. He's pointing out the right were the first to pretend DC was rightwing and the left is merely reacting to it. Post in this thread even admit as much. Suck a dick you retarded denialist faggot. If you could read for two seconds you'd see you're both retarded Sup Forumsedditors which you can tell from his defense of MoS.

And you, DCucks are the reason people think you faggots are retarded. It's because shit like the Bell Curve thst prove white superority also prove female superiorty in intellect and crime rate and jewish supremacy in every field. Ditching DC ain't going to make you faggots less stupid but I do agree on one thing Snyder made the single most feminist film in existence.

This faggot has amazing taste

so none, I thought this would be the point you give up pretending. Thanks for confirming. Enjoy your in your face biblical references.

>there is no politics in BvS
That is factually wrong though. You're the retard here. There is definitely politics in BvS. But it's far more nuanced than you could ever grasp you leftist shitskin.

This post is why I won't spoonfeed you.

>politics in BvS
I suppose you also think there's philosophy in Rick and Morty

I haven't seen Rick & Morty unlike you cocksucker. There is definitely politics in BvS. Don't be mad now that you're the retard here. Stick to your reaction images and being extremely butthurt over Snyder's faith, you disgusting shitskin liberal reject.

k, sure thing, bud.

watch more movies.

Marveldrones don't understand that there is a time and place for quips
>Dramatic scenes in marvel constantly interwoven with jokes, removing any semblance of tension
>Dramatic scenes in DC are left to be dramatic, creating an atmosphere where conflict actually matters

I just don't see how the alt right will lose the culture war. There are a breed of liberals so deranged they frantically turn everyone into their enemy. Imagine how few people would be alt right if gamergate, Trump hysteria and Sweden tier political agendas in Europe hadn't happened. If you had told someone 6-7 years ago that far right politics would be making a comeback, they would have said you were insane.

name 1(one) element with artistic merit in either movie and I'll watch 10 movies this week, including rewatching BvS and MoS

>leftist shitskin
>DCucks aren't rightwing though
What the 1984 am I reading here?
>muh nuance, muh childish not political intrigue, muh sophistication
Nuance? Fuck off George R R Martin. Snyder could put 5 minutes straight of Batman shitting and DCucks would defend it. Also you ever going to address nu-male reddit Luthor or you just going to ignore it?

nah, Antifa are faggots that pretend to hate government but then cry about guns and beg the government to do things.

i believe they record rdj scenes from his house

You're giving these social media culture wars too much importance. Trump won because of jobs, immigration and weak opposition. Not because of gamergate

Antifa are god tier bootlickers, their rallies are only to intimidate right wing people into submission.

Oh god, what a blithering fucking retard. DC fans are the alt right? Really? When Marvel's CEO is literally a Trump flunky? When its two flag ship characters are a ruthless capitalist and a nationalist who loves his country so fucking much he uses it as his name? When BvS had a clear theme of antifascism and clearly presented the connection between american capitalism and fascism? When it was about an evil capitalist creating an unstoppable monster to kill an immigrant? When they have the gall to imply that what's happeni g in this world right now isn't funny and leaves little place for hope? I swear, these morons will be laughing about the likes of Trump and Putin all the way to the death camp.

Where did I say was left or right or whatever wing? I was saying that BvS, although not right-wing, is definitely political. Can your feeble quipshiteating mind comprehend that? I don't think so.

>Also you ever going to address nu-male reddit Luthor
Yes, the villain of BvS is literally you, except he's also smart and rich. But the edge and militant atheism and the smug superiority. All painting a cruel mirror back on the rise of the smug "intellectual". No wonder "intellectuals" hated the film when one of their own was the villain.

Again, over and over again proving my point and displaying your ignorance. Do you know no shame?

I doubt you know anything about artistic merit in all honesty

What kind of name is "Humberto?" fucking Lmao

I didn't claim that at all and I agree with you.

stop stalling and try me. Even if I don't understand you would have demonstrated your intellectual superiority to your peers.

No, he can fuck off

>having similar things in fact be different is confusing to me
>all things must be the same

nigger why the fuck would i put effort into a Sup Forums post about capeshit

Back in the day superhero comics were called fascists by its critics saying it would warp kids minds (same goes for most vigilante Justice movies and literature). Probably overstating their case but not totally wrong. It's why Civil War really fell flat with some of its themes it brought up

We are definitely heading towards the homogenization of mainstream blockbuster film. Maybe there will be the occasional Nolan or Villeneuve to swim against the tide but the common model will be the Quipbot cinematic universe films. The diversity-loving liberals are awfully allergic to actual diversity.

you've already put in more effort in stalling and responding multiple times than what would be needed to point out any artistic merit in the two films you claim have it.