Yfw this was originally how Dib was going to die before Nick said no

>yfw this was originally how Dib was going to die before Nick said no

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c0ExXAnuBBY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good.

And how that episode was supposed to end then?

That's it. Dib dies and Zim wins.

They were going to add a new nemesis for Zim but they ran into the problem of coming up with a character that could stand up to him. Dib had the privilege of his dad's lab with the highest tech on earth, letting him fight Zim with his Irken gear.

I love how the IZ team always butted heads with Nick. There was the bloody Gir, and the hilarious IGGINS! bit too

>and the hilarious IGGINS! bit too
I love that shit.
>Studio complains that Iggins seems to be dead.
>Add a scene of Iggins bursting from the wreckage and flying
>"See, he's so NOT dead he has super powers!"

Is it true that there was a bloody gir hidden in every episode, or is that just a meme?

Just one actually. Forget which episode exactly, but its a quick flash you can freeze frame.

Is he the kid who died in the elevator shaft?

I think there were two.

I don't know about every episode but there were a bunch and I think they were only on the DVDs? It's been a long time since I looked up that information.

This episode was fucked up regardless.

What.
A load.
Of horse...shit.
You over estimate how much respect Vasquez had for Zim's intelligence and ruined your bait.

I mean, how strong would you really be, with the combined strength of 10 thousand little boys?

>bait

Go fuck yourself, it's from the DVD commentary from the collection that I bought and watched. There were other, less interesting problems. It costs a lot to design a character and find a new VA and Invader Zim was already pushing it's budget. The whole was just too daring for Nick and it was a pain in the ass to come up with a new character. They already had come up with a name for the character but I can't recall what it was.

for once nick did their damn jobs and did something good with their censoring
I honestly cant see the show working without Dib in i

Pretty fucking strong.

They hid one in a frame of the opening of the show, it appeared in every episode after that point.

Networks stop a lot of bad ideas that would have ruined a show from happening.

But, can a Dib with the strength of 1000 men beat this 10k-LB powered Dib?

>Hot Topic: The Animated Series

How old are the little boys?
Cause maybe a 1000M Dib could beat a 10kLB Dib if the little boys are like, 5

But if they're around 10 I'd give it to 10kLB Dib.

would you rather fight 100 duck size dibs or a single dib sized duck

can either of them defeat a moose?

And networks are also run by idiots who cancel good shows for shitty reasons. I'm still salty about this.

Did they get rid of (you)?

not really

Wouldn't that one duck's neck snap under the tremendous weight?

Nah, Dib is pretty short. Considering the size of his own head, it's more likely his neck will snap under it's weight than a ducks would.

They did.

Dib's like the size of a big goose probably.

Did Vasquez really think he would get away with killing a kid, let alone one of the main characters, on his show? Like seriously, how far gone do you have to be to think that'd be approved?

They tried twice so yes

??? Looks normal to me

This is what it looks like now

Are you using any extensions?

nope

If you really need your (You)s, try 4chanX
The X makes it sound cool

That's disturbing.

or you can just put this into the custom CSS

a.ql-tracked {
border-bottom: 0;
text-decoration: underline;
white-space: nowrap;
}
a.quotelink.ql-tracked:after {
content: " (You)";
}

>TFW even creator of the show wants to kill you

Well atleast Dib AI deleted itself

Membrane just uses the term "little boys", so it's safe to assume that he means Dib-sized children.

>Literally "how edgy can we get" the cartoon.
But really, memes aside, what the hell is the appeal of this show? I've really tried to rewatch it and apart from one or 2 episodes it mostly the kind of lolsorandumb humor we vilify in modern cartoons and body horror jokes.
How did this go on to make billions of dollars for Hot Topic in merch?

It's a great show that's genuinely funny with a really good art style and premise.

>pushing the envelope is bad

Fuck you and your kind.

tumblrinas praise it

>That's it. Dib dies and Zim wins.
Sounds pretty lame to see Zim getting his way without any repercussion.

>They were going to add a new nemesis for Zim
Im glad it didnt happen cause it sounds like an awful idea.

Well I guess I'm going to have to aggressively disagree with you.

You have to realize when it came out. Lolsorandumb was just getting in style.

Also, the show itself actually wasn't bad beyond that. It was a technical feat, even.

>Sounds pretty lame to see Zim getting his way without any repercussion.

Like almost every episode? Zim usually comes on top but the whole joke of the series is that he goes after the wrong things. He kills side characters like they're nothing, the thing that would set him apart is that he could kill his nemesis and drink a slurpy like nothing happened.

I agree. It made me uncomfortable and I can't put my finger on why. Maybe because Zim had such an upper hand and was toying with Dib.

That's not so much pushing the envelope as much as it is being one of those shitty High School kids who think death is the be all, end all topic.

>implying this isn't the perfect between kid and adult content

>Sounds pretty lame to see Zim getting his way without any repercussion.
That's the point. Zim is evil. He's an evil alien who wants to enslave or destroy humanity. He has no morality and no scruples.

It's probably the most brutal episode. Zim is just torturing Dib and he has no idea how it's happening or even what's happening. As it progresses he gets more and more crippled because of it. His life is in shambles and he's a broken husk and Dib doesn't even know why it's happening.

Yeah, especially on the episode were Gir goes red. Supossedly the crew wanted Gir covered in blood for that episode, but was a no go from Nick, so they just have him hidden in frames.

I know that, but everytime he gets on top he usually gets some shit on the way or its usually the one wronged first, but in this episode he had way too much of the upper hand, I feel like ending the episode without him getting some shit back would have been lame.

Remember the episode where he traps Dib in a simulation and has him live his entire life in there only for Zim to show him it was all false and shoot a muffin at his head at the end? That's another one where it happens.

That´s different.
Dib. Did. Threw. The. Muffin.
He deserved it everything in that episode.

Throwing a muffin at someone doesn't deserve being trapped in a lotus eater machine.

He didn't die user, he very clearly had super powers.

>I know that, but everytime he gets on top he usually gets some shit on the way or its usually the one wronged first

That may be a compelling reason why they wanted Zim to come on top. I guess they felt tired of him being the joke of his own show and only killing side characters.

That's the sad truth about Zim and Dib's rivalry. It's not an actual rivalry but rather a poor, deluded kid foolishly trying to stop a psychotic alien who is waaaaaay out of his league. Hell, most of Dib's victories in the show were either Zim fucking up on his own or someone bailing him out of trouble and doing his work for him. ((Usually Gaz))

The idea doesn't have much going for it except audacity. Why introduce this character at all in the beginning if they're just going to off him a handful of episodes later?

Actually. Zim is in his league which goes to show how stupid Zim is that his foil is a preteen.

I agree, Zim biggest enemy was always his own incompetence.
Tak, who was supposed to be a competent Zim counterpart, almost fills the planet with Candy before Dib could even raise a suspicion about her.

Someone at Nick studio was smoking crack when they decided Vasquez would be their the go-to guy for fun family entertainment.

>They were going to add a new nemesis for Zim
If I recall correctly, it was going to be Squee from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

Yes and no. Zim is a character who was built minmaxed to all fuck but thought Wis was a dump stat and is paying for it.

He's one correctly planned sucess away from winning all the time, whereas Dib is one fuck up away from losing forever. And his victories only keep status quo.

Until the comic contradicts it, this is still the canon ending.

Actually... that could work. He is friends with the antichrist, that could provide him with reasources with the constant implication there'd be a horrible price to pay someday and Squee is only building up massive debt.

Yes, a preteen he routinely curbstomps on a day to day basis.

And that comic even ends happily for Dib.

If that is true, then I can definitely see why Nickelodeon chose not to go with that.

Posting relevant next page: It ends happy for Dib because he STOPPED FIGHTING ZIM. Who is basically his best friend anyway, sad though that is. For all that he sees him as a pathetic human fighting against fate, Zim's acknowledgement of him is more respect then he has from literally anybody on earth.

Still my favourite part of Squee

"Oh yes. Dear, there's something I've been meaning to tell you. I'm Satan"
"Well, that explains the basement. But I'm a devout Christian"
"Yes, well, now both of us can appreciate the irony"

It sounds wacky.

This mentality is literally why anime became popular in the west in the 2000s.

>Show is about an member of an alien race that has literally enslaved 90% of all life in the universe trying to take over Earth
>Somehow, actually achieving part of that goal by finally killing his main rival is going TOO FAR

>It ends happy for Dib because he STOPPED FIGHTING ZIM. Who is basically his best friend anyway, sad though that is
I like this. It's happy and soul crushing at the same time.

Because it did it first.

Lucky Star and K-On were good shows when they came out, but they're responsible for anime turning into 80% moe-blobs making otaku bait references.

One of the episodes that never finished production but did have the vocals done was basically what happened if Dib gave up. He became a highly respected scientist and his father actually started loving him. Zim was completely unopposed.

Both were completely miserable and Gir actually got them back together because in a rare lucid moment (or maybe because of his insanity) he realized how utterly they needed each other.

Cause the other end of what I said is true too. Dib is the first person who actually took Zim seriously from the start. Zim loves him back for that.

>Dib's like the size of a big goose probably.
sure if you don't count his gargantuan head

So basically, if Dib and Zim were to actually cooperate and be friends instead of opposing each other they be happier and successful.

Pretty much. Earth's pretty fucked though.

And then they fucked.

>this meme
moeblob and otaku pandering shti existed since 80's

They did it first for a specific generation.

No, but they sounded maybe a little too excited when they got back together. Like somebody had a boner at least.

The animation is fanstuff based on the script but this is the actual audio.

Shipbiat scene starts at 11:35

Oh fuck me, the video would probably help

youtu.be/c0ExXAnuBBY

I mean, IZ have tons of morbid humour fun for the whole family. It's funny to because Vasquez listened to what they had to say at Nick, very professional and all, then when they were done he'll voice his opinion adding in a quip "Yeah, except that's the point. It's funny!"

It's too bad they never got to professionally finish this episode but this fan animation is pretty damn good

>Dib beat Tak

Don't forget Zim's help. He may be a retard but he was still a pretty good pilot.

To be fair, the only reason either of them found out was because Tak had a hateboner for Zim, obsessing over him for...what, decades? Centuries? And then she gave herself away, because she wanted to make sure Zim knew. That's the only reason why she lost, hell she even wasted time bragging in her fight with Zim.

The line "you ruined my childhood Zim!" for some reason haunts me to this day

Glad they kept the status quo here.

I get that Vaquez likes his edge and shit, but the relationship between Dib and Zim makes the series work, more than anything else. He's the best possible villain for Zim because, like Zim, he is simultaneously not apart of the general stupid that the rest of Earth is under and still somehow more stupid than the rest of Earth because of his relentless obsession.

They play off each other brilliantly, in a way that a character like Squee or Gaz or even Tak could never dream of. Zim will never beat Dib, and Dib will never beat Zim, and that's fucking hilarious.

I do wish that some of the other cut shit stayed. Expanding upon Dib and Zim's relationship, bringing back Tak, using the Resisty as a subtle arc villain, all building up to one hell of a hypothetical finale. I suspect that if the crew hadn't already pushed the envelope so many times before they would have gone through with Season 2, but you can only take so much crap.

Watching Dib slowly get more and more crippled and sickly as Zim fucked with his past was just really upsetting.

it was me, barry

in the case of Final episode Dib actually did more harm than good, if he didn't try to defeat Zim in that episode then he would have just been taken over by the santa suit and his plans would be ruined forever, in addition to the world now having a real santa clause

Does anyone have any photo evidence of this?

I honestly was just waiting for the day Dib BTFO Zim and his annoying edgy sister, but that never happened.

But Zim's sister is the best character.

There was that one episode where Zim put Dib in a virtual reality where he got super powers