Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Film Will Star Miles Morales

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/casting-call-for-sonys-animated-spider-man-movie-pretty-much-confirms-a147798

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/12/18/cbs-boss-jets-to-japan-in-possible-bid-for-sony-pictures/
nypost.com/2016/12/11/sony-considers-merging-gaming-and-film-divisions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is fucking delicious. I actually cackled out loud.

Will they actually give Miles a personality?

the ride never ends

Can't even make it live action what a fucking joke of a characther

Bendis isnt writing it so they actually might

We've known this for a while.
Anyway, I'm still on board. If anyone can make Miles good it's Lord and Miller; besides, we don't need that many Peter movies.

Lets see how they fuck it up now!

>inb4 they make it a continuation of the ASM universe

>not Mayday, 2099, Noir, it's the fucking Ultimate Nigger

>sony's film division makes yet another shit-brained decision
Color me surprised

>Miles "literally has no stories outside of Bendis reusing Peter's except he's a black kid now" Morales

If they prevent Bendis from writing it,it can be good.Miles has a great premise hopefully this will be another batman UTRH where the adaptation is better than the source material.Well see where it goes.On the bright side at least we won't get another teenage Peter Parker story so that's good at least

Hold on a minute, if that "leak" is true, then who in the blue heavens is Miles's new friend?

It can't be Ganke, since he's a lil bit more... fat, and he's not Greek (if I remember correctly).

So, unless he's a new OC for the movie (which would suck a lot), there's no way that the script is for that animated Spidey movie.

>.Miles has a great premise

He really doesn't.

I love the idea of SONY super mad at Disney and theyre making this impending train wreck to say "W-We can still make a Spider Man movie! We dont need your Homecoming dollarydoos!". Really though, whos he going to fight? Is he going to solve the problem in 5 secs with a Venom Blast? Is he going to be upset when people wont call him Spider Man? Is Bendis going to be alone in a theater furiously fapping to this next to his Luke Cage blow up doll?

Dropped, fuck this gay shit. Of all the stuff they could have done, they go with Miles? I want to see an animated Death of Jean DeWolff. Or an animated Spider-Man: Blue. Or how about the Gauntlet? Nope, we get more Miles Morales shilling. Fuck this gay world.

>a young, slighgtly geeky, Asian-American teen
>geeky

not Greek

Well its not like Sony could make Miles any worse, could they? Best case scenario, this tanks and it maybe, JUST MAYBE, Marvel eases up on the Miles pushing

or in typical Marvel fashion they kill Miles out of spite

Please be this.

>liking the gauntlet
you donĀ“t deserve anything

Fuck you contrarian faggot

>Miles has a great premise

No he doesn't. He had the previous Spider-man die and then decided he was going to be the new one because... because.

I know with great power comes great responsibility but he has zero personal connection to the world, characters and his motivation is beyond impersonal

You know Sony is the one that'll get the SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING box office profits, right?

When you start at rock bottom there's nowhere to to but up. Best of luck to Sony Pictures.

What part of "we dont need your Homecoming dollarydoos" didnt make that obvious? Theyre being given a movie at this point

yeah that makes sense

I was hoping for a continuation.
Fuck this gay shit.
Miles is trash.

But user, don't you see? It /is/ a continuation of Spectacular.

a continuation of what? homecoming? it's a cartoon, it'll probably be a musical with Mysterio as the villain.

Spectacular.
Also best villain shouldn't be wasted on a shitter like Miles.

>Sony movie
well of course

Dropped

I would have been happier with a Superior Spider-Man movie, but maybe Miles will be fun. The Prowler arc was pretty good.

Besides, Sony was behind Spectacular Spider-Man so maybe we'll get fight scenes ten times as good since those were made on a tv budget and this is a feature length movie.

>Sony

So will it be set in a world where Peter Parker dies or in a world where Peter Parker is older and mentors him like it is now in 616?

>Sony Pictures continues to make horrible business decisions, even after they fire Pascal and replace exec staff

God, everything's fucked if they really do merge it with the Playstation division as the NY Post claimed.

Well they are going to get pissy because they negotiated a horrible deal, which meant Marvel/Disney takes the merchandising rights (The most lucrative part) and lifetime residuals from Streaming/Home distribution while Sony only gets the box office gross profit out of it.

After that it was "Holy shit, even Sony Picture's lawyers are incompetent because they got fucking spitroasted by Disney".

So they are going to crank out as much Spidey while it's profitable because they got the ass end of that deal instead of the head (Never mind they were on the back foot since Disney could have easily just submitted a bid to buy Sony's Pictures outfit and shareholders would have pressured Hirai to do the deal because Pictures has been a flaming pit where execs throw money into it for the past ten years or so).

> he is new to this suburban school and now feeling out of place, overwhelmed, pressured with new responsibilities, and dealing with puberty
>That definitely sounds an awful lot like Miles Morales!
When did Miles move into the suburbs?

Weisman's doing YJ and Sony doesn't give a shit about Spectacular.

Why DOESN'T Sony just sell the movie division? All it's ever done is lose money. It's basically an anchor around their neck that's slowly dragging them into the depths.

That's what you got when you hire Tom Rothman.

>merge it with the Playstation division as the NY Post claimed.

No. Please.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Oh, God. I can see it.

>Hurp durp, what are these Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, and The Last Guardian shit?
>WE SHOULD ONLY MAKE GAMES THAT CAN BE ADAPTED INTO BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE FRANCHISE! MORE DUDEBRO SHIT! MORE UNCHARTED, MORE THE LAST OF US, MORE DAVID CAGE GAMES!!!

God, please no. No.

The Columbia and Screen Gems catalog brings in enough worldwide along with their TV Stations and TV production divisions that operate internally. They bought Columbia originally to give them an edge on being a content provider for TV to sell their TV's and they still believe that's their edge over other companies in that they create the content.

It's just that the last ten years that pictures have made constant awful decisions, made duds, their one success (Breaking Bad) was almost cancelled in the middle of the series because the execs didn't like the production company stonewalling them out, they made over bloated, over budgeted films based on believing Will Smith was the last box office draw like After Earth (Which failed spectacularly). And even their animated division, which has produced good films like Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs isn't hugely profitable. It's been a constant mismanaged wreck and the North Korean email hacking was just the cherry on top because it showed just how utterly insane and out of touch the execs in Sony are (And The Interview wasn't even that good)

The reason Sony won't sell is because they still believe they can bring it back to it's 90's glory where they had hit after hit. Also, no other company wants that fucking mess and Disney likely just used the threat of bidding for the studio as a bargaining chip to get the best deal on the Spider-Man rights (Which they did. They completely rinsed Sony on that).

Until Sony gets a CEO who says "This shit is a waste, we're selling it to Comcast or Disney". They are still going to keep at it and keep on ruining childhoods everywhere.

I really don't want Rothman to meddle in the PlayStation division.

they also make Underworld.

Its honestly not a bad move.

Doing an animated movie just after the 3rd Peter reboot might be overkill

NYT said they were going to put Andrew House in charge, but Rothman would stay. And Andrew House is pretty fucking awful. His emails during the Korea hack showed he wanted a motion capture studio for Playstation on the Culver City lot and more PS Presence in the pictures division along with the shows they were doing like Powers and District 9 (Which was cancelled)

I can only imagine the clusterfuck if it happened. From a business perspective, if they really want to protect Sony Pictures from an outside bid, it makes sense to bundle it with the second most profitable and most consumer facing division. But from a practical sense. Jesus fuck no.

That would be tantamount to business suicide.

Hey this move thing is pretty neat, we should make more immersion games around it.

Damn Sony.
They gonna need all the luck they can get to pull that one.

Or maybe the could actually do the smart thing and give us adult Peter...

As long as they leave the anime division alone, it's all good for me.

And in the trash it goes.

You almost had it. Sorry, Sony.

GOOD

Good, this means Miles won't be in the MCU anytime soon

Fuck that boring chocolate-covered cracker

GARBAGE
GAY
STUPID
LAME

Seriously I will not see this film now

>CGI Spider-Man film
>No tied to anything else
>Headed by Lord and Miller

>Starring Miles Morales

So I'm convinced my life is a Monkey's Paw

I'm reading the original Spider-Man 2099 run, and I seriously don't fucking get why they wouldn't use that for a CGI movie. It's fucking perfect.

>Legacy character with few ties to Peter, thus allowing for a lot of reinterpretation
>Miguel is hispanic (or at least half), so you can still pander
>Has a plethora of colorful villains that would make for great animated action sequences
>Miguel himself is very different from Peter, allowing for different opportunities in his stories
>Futuristic setting screams to be animated

All you need to do is streamline the story a bit and tone down some of the darker elements, and it could be fucking amazing. What a wasted opportunity.

omg so progressive, so #WOKE

Because they're idiots and Miles is the character they're hellbent on pushing because they think he's what the kids want because theyre out of touch old overly liberal nerdy men, but he never is

Bums me the fuck out that we all know te song and dance that's gonna come with this.

No one will see it.

I trust Miller and Lord.

Well I literally don't care about this movie anymore.

Sure, he can be a black Peter that was bitten by a radioactive spider. We can even kill off his uncle to reinforce the similarities.

>We can even kill off his uncle to reinforce the similarities.
The difference between Peter's uncle and Miles' uncle is that Peter's uncle died because of Peter's inaction. Miles' uncle died because Miles killed him.

GR,BB, and TLG would all make far more interesting and unique films than the rest of that shit

>Uncle Tom is killed by police brutality
Sheeeeeeet

Maybe they'll have a decent writer to make it actually good.

What his premise has potential,he idolized the old spider man,got his powers and had the chance to save/help him but was cowardly and ran.After the guilt and regret he took spider mans name to honour him.Its an okay premise it's just Bendis ruins it by making miles bland,OP and resurrecting spiderman despite him being miles uncle ben.Given a talented writer I could see a 6-7/10 movie with that premise

This shit will make money, stop acting like it won't. Budget around 100m, make 300-500m easily.

>Normies heard of "Black Spider-Man"
>They don't watch it.

And then it flops.

They did realize they needed to drop adam sandler. We won't see Sony wising up till like 2017-2018. If by then they haven't, they'll sell. They make movies that are too damn expensive too often. Bad Teacher wasn't going to make 600m dollars. 200m off of 20m is pretty good, little more would have been better, sure. THIS is the angle sony should have for most of their films. Get revenue from hulu/netflix or whoever. Instead they're trying to be the disney and WB with big franchises and tie-ins. Universal saw the competition doing this and didn't put ALL their money into jurassic world. They have other small projects. Things like Pixels and Ghostbusters need to stop. Too much concept and money it builds it to too many cooks in the kitchen too. Featuring enough ads and these kinds of jokes and make is mass appealing. Sony should NOT do what all the studios are doing and make niche market films. Rated R comedies, obscure brands/franchises. They are doing amazingly well in the family market. It's laughable dreamworks failed when almost any animated movie has been a hit in the last 3 years.

Even Aniplex is incompetent as fuck, only Fate stuff is making them money

They have Sword Art Online and other original IP stuff.

And the Gurren Lagann director is presumably making a spiritual successor under Aniplex too.

It will be interesting to see Miles not done by Bendis

He might even have depth!

I love Imaishi but i don't think i can trust in Trigger anymore

Shit, I want to see an animated Grim Hunt. Fucking think about that for a second.
>Kaine
>Maybe some brief bro moments when Peter finds him almost dead at his doorstep
>WhenKaine tries to get Peter to save his own skin instead of fighting the Kravinoffs and then takes Peter's punch because he knew he had it coming, and it wouldn't work
>Kaine dying for Peter, trying to atone and make him proud, somehow, through sacrifice
>Peter going apeshit
>saves everyone and Mattie and Cassandra live but he's still dick fucking pissed
>Back in black no nonsense Spider-Man literally hunting the hunters in a sequence that makes Spectacular's black suit sequence against the S6 look silly in comparison
>Cutaway to a lightning lit silhouette of Peter ripping off Kraven's wife's face off
>Dodging a fucking 3000 feet per second bullet
>Bad End Spider-Man
>Peter voiced and Kaine voiced by Jensen Ackles or Josh Keaton
>Post credits scene of Peter in front of Kaine's grave because we didn't get any heartwarming moments like that shit in the comic

Some world out there, man. Some world.

This is honestly some bull fucking shit. They have access to the character with one of the most rich histories in all of comics, third to Superman and Batman. And what do they do with all these amazing stories and characters? They tell the same highschool bullshit over and over again no one cares about. And they realize people are tired of it they think it's something wrong with the character, instead of them just not having any fucking balls, and decide to go with the literal worse character in Spidey lore. I hope this movie tanks.

Finally we get a movie about the REAL Spider-man

It will literally be every other Spider-man origin movie with a race swap.

How can they do anything else? They aren't going to kill off Peter in a movie, so they can't do his actual Ultimate origin.

The Spiderman franchise is being headed by Amy Pascal. You know that, right?

SAO is one of the worst things ever made, though

What if Pete died killing Osborn after Gwen's death In the Sixties?

Or better, retired due to injury? Either way that's 50 years ago.

Made banks, though.

...Is she the sister of that one guy from School of Rock?
>Hear me
>I'm Heartsick
>I'm hungry
>For a good Spider-man franchise for one

I always like to believe that his healing factor would render the ravages of old age pretty moot. I mean, he healed from fullbody third degree burns in seven days, that has got to say something about longevity and constitution.

CAN WE GET SOME MOTHER FUCKING TORN HOODIE SPIDER-MAN? PLEASE? FUCK.

Good point though no comic has had older versions like that, he just ages normally.

Maybe he loses a leg like Mayday's dad.

You mean budget Scarlet Spider? Blonde mofo wasn't even smart enough to get his brother to make a bitching stealth suit just so he could swipe it and maximum spider his ass down to Houston and befriend a gay couple and fug a pinkette bartender and be the mentor and friend a bubbly telepath needed and deserved.

As you can see I have nothing bad to say about Ben or Kaine.

Who the fuck is that and is that a bad or a good thing?

She's proof that women shouldn't be allowed to work in movies.

Well, there may be some small hope. CBS are interested in taking the pictures division and considering it's a money pit that investors have said to sell for years and they got royally fucked in that deal with Disney (I still can't believe how bad). It might be something Sony might mull over.

nypost.com/2016/12/18/cbs-boss-jets-to-japan-in-possible-bid-for-sony-pictures/

At the same time, Sony may double down to protect Pictures from an acquisition by merging it with Playstation as they know it's a target and if someone like CBS or Disney comes along with the right price. They would have no other option than to please shareholders. Put it in with their second biggest revenue generating division. It immediately makes the sharks looking for an acquisition scurry away.

nypost.com/2016/12/11/sony-considers-merging-gaming-and-film-divisions/

In before "Hurf NY Post". NY Posts general news reporting is tabloid as fuck but they have some of the best journalism and are on the money the majority of the time when it comes to Hollywood dealings.