/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Based Space Princess Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.html

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #26

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/databank/a-wing-fighter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best buns are those hair buns

Are most people that frequent this thread here just because they like Star Wars in general, or here because they watch Rebels every week?

Star Wars in general, though I do enjoy Rebels whenever it's on and the comics when they come out

Star wars in general. Rebels doesn't hold a candle to the two clone wars series

I lub star wras in general

I haven't even finished TCW yet

Reminder to not give a fuck about galactic politics and race your spaceships on outerrim shitholes instead.

Both, should finally catch up with TCW though.

The former.

Would make the most sense. I mean you can't just assign a kid that's gotta be train for years, maybe decades, at random.
Also I think there's was some shit about a Mirialan youngling had to become the Padawan of a Mirialan Jedi (if avaiable at the time) because of the Force related religion on their home plant. Though I dunno if that is canon or legends.

post things that trigger "le y wing is a bomber" memers

I came because of Rebels, but stuck around because the thread was so comfy and now I'm pretty much an all-round fan.

Still a n00b pleb though but I'm trying.

>"The Trade Federation damaged out hyperdrive, we can't get to Coruscant, so we'll got to Tatooine instead"
>Tatooine is nowhere near Naboo
This is utterly stupid. They may as well have flown all the way to Coruscant if they apparently don't even need hyperdrive engines to travel faster than light.

Why is Leia so underrated again? She's a total badass. I feel like she never got the respect she deserved in the Star Wars fandom as a character and soldier and people just think of the gold bikini.

I always enjoyed Star Wars but didn't start coming to these threads until I started watching Rebels and wanted a place to read and participate in conversations about both the show and the rest of the franchise.

What's MGLT stands for?

I haven't watched Rebels at all, yet. I'm not completely opposed to it.

I just like Star Wars in general. excluding disney garbage

I'm here because /tg/ is slow and never posts anything except EU spreadsheets, Sup Forums doesn't post anything about star wars vidya except complaints about nubattlefront and nostalgiafagging for kotor, and Sup Forums threads are invariably derailed and hijacked into something off topic. These threads are at least consistently star wars even if they are consistently terrible. So it's basically like playing Battlefront :^)

>Y-Wing still top tier even after all those years in service
>A-Wing being a Foxbat in space

This

I think it's the fictional measurement "Megalight" used for acceleration/velocity in a vacuum. The same thing is used in the x-wing/tie fighter video games I think.

It's clear in TCWs why it was done. It was Yoda's idea. And yes, although it raises the dread specter of Suedom, Ahsoka was fairly well skilled in most Jedi techniques. More to the point she had several of his traits, such as impulsiveness and even willfulness.

Basically they gave Anakin a Padawan who was like himself as a Padawan. By having to deal with someone like himself he'd be dealing with himself too, even if it wasn't aware of it. Yoda felt, hoped, the experience would temper Anakin and teach him better patience and self-control. And to an extent it did work. Unfortunately it also worked the other way where she picked up some of Anakin's darker aspects, too.

It was Yoda's idea since he specifically assigned Ahsoka to him. It's also clear during the arc where she is captured by Trandos. Anakin goes full-Anakin wanting to rip the galaxy apart if that is what it takes to find and save her. Instead all he could do is sit back and wait, which wasn't easy for him. When she ends up engineering her own rescue he immediately apologizes to her for not being able to save her. She says that through his teachings he did. Anakin seems to learn a lesson in both trusting others and learning to let go/not be so obsessively possessive. In other words, to curb his tendency to form attachments that overwhelm his judgement and Jedi teachings. At the end of the exchange between Master and Padawan Yoda smiles.

The A-Wing is a fucking beast, we need to start seeing it more.

Unfortunately it ultimately wouldn't work. Events move in ways, along with Sheev's whispered poisons in Anakin's ear, that drive him further into darkness and make him even more driven to protect his attachments. Sadly some of that is when Ahsoka left the Order. Anakin almost certainly could have let her go if she'd "graduated". He could support and let her be in own person in victory. When she left the Order, however, it felt like failure and he took her decision deeply personally. No surprise when she returns he tries to win her over with grandiose gestures like her own clone army painted in her honor.

Might as well have been a possessive dad trying to win his rebellious kids affection with a shiny new car.

As long as you know and admit that you are a n00b pleb then it's cool user. The ony casuals I hate are the ones who think they are 'Huge Star Wars fans and know everything but really don't'.

are you fucking kidding me we see it everywhere its a giant meme: ROTJ, Rebels, Battlefront, all the flight sim games, FUCKING SEQUEL ERA POE DAMERON COMICS AND EPISODE 8 y-wing and b-wing get cucked hard unfairly

It makes me wonder if, if she's alive after Malachor, Vader won't just try to take her by any means necessary. He could have a "I couldn't save Padme, I can save her!" attitude.

Phoenix Squadron needs to learn how to properly use the things.

Why they dogfight everything when they should just boom and zoom over and over again is beyond me.

I used to be a Star Wars fanatic in the past, reading lots of books and all. Then it kind of died down as I discovered new fandoms.
Rebels and Rogue One rekindled my interest in the franchise, so here I am, liking Star Wars in general... in this general.

I came for Rebels but stayed because I like Star Wars in it's entirety.

It triggers me that they got the interior layout of Jabba's palace wrong

i lurk bc i like the movies and haven't gotten into the books/comics/tv shows

oh and kotor. when's that revan action figure gonna start being on shelfs

Y-Wings need love.

>flight sim games
The Y-Wing is in all of those as well though and TCW.

And the B-Wing got the Hera episode that made me feel funny.

Helps to keep in mind that Rebels A-Wings aren't the same as ROTJ A-Wings. The versions in Pheonix Squadron are slower, not much match for Interceptors. This is because later on the Alliance would retrofit A-Wings removing shields, armor, and the heavier weapons. This change in weight and power requirements significantly boosted the A-Wing's speed beyond even the TIE Interceptors.

And it triggers me that the Twi'lek dancers wear too much

I come here to shitpost

And then, he winds up breaking and destroying her just like he broke and destroyed Padme!

y-wing is a strike fighter
it can dogfight, but it can also bomb
in ffg armada, it is just as fast as the x-wing, and can eventually destroy a TIE fighter squad, but it mostly blows up big ships

Phoenix A-Wings are different from Alliance models:

starwars.com/databank/a-wing-fighter

Note you have to scroll down to get the full history.

I find it kind of dumb that the Republic used the "Good guy" ships like Y-Wings and "not X-wings" instead of something closer to TIE Fighters

It's like as soon as Sheev gains control he's like, ok MAKEOVER TIME

The Republic had proto-Star Destroyers, so why not proto-TIEs?

Why does Jabba has a direct line to Palpatine's office?

Disregard then.

Because character inflation
Once Jabba was a pissant baron of a pissant planet
Now he rules like a quarter of the galaxy

We know, phoneposter.

Maybe Jabba remodeled his place between then and RotJ?

Edit: These 'choose all the squares with fireworks are getting me pic related.

They why aren't you using all your time and energy rigging the sitewide poll about the new reply system so you can get your (you)s back?

Can't really blame them for getting rid of the shields, those things are shit anyway. You wouldn't know they even had shields just by watching the show.

TIE is a cheap mass produced fighter design for best value for money, rather than individual performance, trying to fight droids in a battle of attrition is a bad idea

better to stick to their strength of individual skill, instead of going toe to toe with the droids main advantage

the y wing is in all those AS A BOMBER which is a giant terrible meme that it looks like the new canon is pursuing

also the B-wing scenes with Hera were based off the Rocketeer movie

when did this happen

Yes, a strike fighter or fighter bomber is an accurate term but that makes it like a P38 Lightning or F-15 Eagle, not a Ju87 Stuka or B57 Hustler. It can blast fighters with the best of em. See: Battle of Endor where it boom and zooms TIE interceptors

I think it's because she's overshadowed by Luke who the Jedi and Han Solo who's the fun scoundrel.
Leia is just "the girl".
But yeah, she's cool, especially in alternate media. But casuals only see the movies, so they don't really know all characters 100%.

I wish they would have gone the Legends route and actually have her be trained to use the Force.

Yeah, it's an odd shift from the Y-Wings and other more fighter-looking ships like the ARC to the eyeballs.

Did the show ever even have a shield flash? Personally I'd keep the heavy hitters though, if only because a stupidly fast craft is gonna have very little time to aim and hit stuff, so you need to be able to get your enemies in a go or two.

By once do you mean earlier in canon or when we knew less about the chacrter IRl before the EU and prequels expanded his role?

It didn't need to be like that in the Clone Wars
A proto-TIE could have been better rounded

It would be pottery too showing how the Republic had degraded itself to become the Empire

Wasn't that basically the V-Wing?

>I mean you can't just assign a kid that's gotta be train for years, maybe decades, at random.

I doubt it's random. The council probably chooses based on who'd the padawan could learn the most from. Look at Obi-wan and Qui-gon. Obi-wan was very by the books and Qui-gon was the free spirit type. They were probably assigned to level eachother out. Even Ahsoka was assigned to Anakin with an end goal in mind.

>Also I think there's was some shit about a Mirialan youngling had to become the Padawan of a Mirialan Jedi (if avaiable at the time) because of the Force related religion on their home plant. Though I dunno if that is canon or legends.

For the moment, it's legends. Though if they decide to get into that, it'll probably be recanonized unless they decide that Luminara having a Mirialan apprentice was not the basis of their arrangement.

The (you)s never left

a-wings are designed to shoot bombers, so they are out of their element in a pure dogfight, like the fishbed

but if X-wing TTG is any indication, then they can try to outmaneuver their foes, but without missiles to guarantee a hit, they lack the punch to 1 hit their target

I came here from Sup Forums 3 or 4 years ago looking for that particular Clone Wars guide after seeing a thread about the show. I spent weeks looking for the guide until someone directed me here. Been here since but I've stopped frequenting because of the shitposting. /tg/ has better lore discussions without shit being tossed around and rampant waifu fags

Yeah.
Shame they only showed up for 10 seconds in RotS

Tell me your secret, I'm getting the dotted underline indetad

>Rocketeer
A good thing to base it off. Shame he didn't fly his Gee Bee in the movie too.

>P38
A good plane that got a really ugly SW adaptation.

What space wizardry is this??????

The darkside is a pathway to many abilities, some would consider unnatural.

The Dark Side of posting is pathway to many abilities some consider... unnatural

Their shields more often than not don't. Trench had his thermal shields that were torpedo resistant, but typically we don't see anything. Like Raddus' ship, you'd never know it had shields until we were told they were down to 50%.

I think this is mostly because the PT added shield effects for things like Droideka and those big canopy shields, gungan personal shields, etc, but the ships never had them visible. You'd never know, for instance, that the DSII had them without (non-jammed) scanners.

>Hera episode that made me feel funny
What did you mean by this?

Alright /swco/.
I'm the guy defending TPM.
Help me sort sort through this mess.

Not that user, but I've still got the (you)s too.

B-Wings in ROTS got more screen time than B-Wings in ROTJ.

Is it possible to learn this power

Is it possible to learn this power?

For anyone wondering how to get the (You)s back, you can have a custom CSS on Sup Forums. Just edit it in [SETTINGS]. I don't remember the code for it though.
Should be easy enough to google though.

And I don't. Interesting. If you care to reply, what browser are you using and did you do anything recently like clear it's cache or something?

Not from a newfag.

>12/31/16(Sat)

V-Wings*

4chanx and other extensions that had (you)s before they added (you)s to the site.

I'm curious why they removed them, honestly. I cannot imagine it was to curb trolling since anyone can add them back if they truly are such a drug. I think it was mostly people meta-posting about them.

Which...is what we're doing now. Oh well. I don't think the poll will change anything. Maybe in true Sup Forums fashion they'll take an overwhelming "NOOOOOOOO!" response as them taking the right (or lulz worthy) action. Maybe they'll add Legacy Responses like they did for captchas.

Do you have a Sup Forums Gold account? Seems like Hiro is up to a new scheme to get people to buy passes.

As far as I'm concerned that's just a coincidental name. Y-wings are literal P-38 Lightnings, pic related

I want to fly in formation with her and then maybe get into a mock dogfight

>the B-wing scene
don't remind me

>what is timezones

Unfortunately, Carrie Fisher was so fucked up by cocaine and mescaline that her doing any proper Jedi stuff would have been impossible. I mean, we all remember how strange the CGI flip from old-ass Christopher Lee was in ROTS. Imagine something ten times worse.

>I mean, we all remember how strange the CGI flip from old-ass Christopher Lee was in ROTS.
What's the issue?

4chanx on Firefox, no pass.

Cut the tails off and you have that thing up there pretty much minus the nose. Especially those radiators at the back.

Y-Wings very much too, but they are subtle enough so that they could just as easily qualify as a P-61 with the top turret and heavy fighter role.

Nice

P61s are ARC-170s, check the cabin configuration

>y-wing is favourite starfighter
>p-38 is favorite fighter
I didnt make the connection till now, but it's nice to know

Bith playing jazz was the best part

> The council probably chooses based on who'd the padawan could learn the most from. Look at Obi-wan and Qui-gon. Obi-wan was very by the books and Qui-gon was the free spirit type. They were probably assigned to level eachother out. Even Ahsoka was assigned to Anakin with an end goal in mind.
I'm guessing that's probably what the various Masters that solely teach in the temple are good for. Like Cin Drallic would probably learn pretty fast which youngling has an affinity for Lightsaber combat and would relay that to the council.

>
For the moment, it's legends. Though if they decide to get into that, it'll probably be recanonized unless they decide that Luminara having a Mirialan apprentice was not the basis of their arrangement.
Chances of that ever being addressed are very slim though, since we'd need to get something with a clear focus on Mirialan and so far there's nothing. Too bad, I'd really like to learn more about them. Even the Twi'lek have more canon stuff on them now.

don't you mean jizz

It just looked wrong because by that point Lee was so feeble. Him being able to do that awesome Force flip broke suspension of disbelief.

It would have been the same with Fisher. Think about her from TFA. Could you honestly see her doing Jedi flips and such?

>we all remember how strange the CGI flip from old-ass Christopher Lee was in ROTS

>We All Remember How Strange The CGI flip From Old-ass Christopher Lee Was In ROTS, Click Here To See The Top Ten Weirdest CGI Moments From The Prequels
>Here Is Why Disney Buying Star Wars Is A Good Thing

>Him being able to do that awesome Force flip broke suspension of disbelief.
Maybe for you.
I had no issue.

Fair enough.

Good taste.

That's not a pit droid.
And I hope you're not implying that puppetry is categorically better than CGI.

He's right though.

We're told in the opening crawl that the Jedi were sent to investigate the Trade Federation issues, but when they return to Coruscant, the don't report to anyone nor testify on Naboo's behalf

In fact, is there any point in the movie where their "secret mission to Naboo" is ever mentioned again?
Like it just seems like it was a way to get them on Naboo and once that was accomplished, there was no more need for the story to bring it up again

Yeah I just did a quick look and it was cut from the film, carry on

> that puppetry is categorically better than CGI.
Not at all

>And I hope you're not implying that puppetry is categorically better than CGI.
I think it is categorically better than the CGI of 1999

Mixed CGI/models was the way to go then, even now