MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN To Feature Spider-Gwen And Miles Morales

The upcoming animated series MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN will feature Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales in major roles.

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/upcoming-animated-series-marvels-spider-man-to-also-star-spider-gwen-a147802

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Jv270AL7Ek
youtube.com/watch?v=0Wn4iYoMcAA
youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Venom will also be in it.

>Spider-Gwen
Wonderful

>spiderfam
Will they finally succeed in making Miles interesting? Probably not.

So what's the point? You just have a long lasting Spider-Man show, and you want to go back to square one?

user, these are the same people who canceled Spectacular Spider Man.

Marvel didn't cancel Spectacular, Sony gave back the tv rights to Marvel and Marvel couldn't renew Spectacular without buying the rights to the show.

Curious as to what roles they'll fill

Spider Gwen the token girl of course, but I can't see them making Miles being like they usually make Peter or Peter becoming a more mature individual/mentor or whatever.

Maybe they'll go the Flash route and make them butt heads.

The only thing that could makes this worse so far is if they wrote in a love triangle.

What would be be point? It's Gwen. Peter always wins the Gwenbowl.

>show will be a back to basics
>shove Spider-Gwen and Spider-Dindu into it

Maybe next time...

I guess the Miles merch from Ultimate Spider-Man was selling

>Back to basics
>Shove in character's legacy heir
>And his alternate universe dead girlfriend who now has his powers
Okay.

They pretty much also confirmed Miles is the lead in the animated Spider-Man movie

>Terrence (Lead): Male, 13-15
a young African-American/Puerto Rican teen from Brooklyn; he is new to this suburban school and now feeling out of place, overwhelmed, pressured with new responsibilities, and dealing with puberty; while trying to fit in he must do his best to stay out of trouble; along the way in developing his identity he's losing old friends but now making a new one, Pete.
>Ethnicity: African American, Ethnically Ambiguous / Mixed Race

>Pete (Supporting): Male, 13-16
a young, slighgtly geeky, Asian-American teen; he's smart, sweet, and encouraging; although very unlike any of the friends Terrence had in his old Brooklyn neighborhood, Pete proves to be a good fit for Terrence making good decisions.
>Ethnicity: Asian, Southeast Asian / Pacific Islander

Norman Osborn begs to differ.

>animated series MARVEL
Can they please stop making terrible fucking cartoons please? Please?

Jesus Christ, that Venom looks fucking awful. It has to be on purpose, holy fuck.

Look at him! He's got fucking baby legs!

>Spider-Gwen
>not Silk
>Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
>not Kaine
Sasuga, Marvel

Spider-Gwen is Black Only, user

You know why

Does Bendis have anything to do with this show?

I think the point is that Peter would ignore Gwen's advances due to his past experiences with Gwen (and I'm sure they'll throw MJ in there as his love interest instead). Gwen would ignore Miles and Miles would get pissed off at Peter for it. Oh, and MJ would hate Gwen for trying to take Peter.

So it'd be Miles>Gwen>Peter>MJ

>Gwen would ignore Miles
you crack me up user

Bendis isn't writing the cartoon tho. GwenxMiles is never going to happen in the comics either, since the Ms. Marvel writers want him to hook up with Kamala (regrettably).

>Bendis isn't writing the cartoon tho.
Doesn't matter. Why do you think they chose these particular characters? There'll be an obligatory romance subplot, with a Progressive! black-white pairing to boot.

>GwenxMiles is never going to happen in the comics either
Ha. Ha. Ha.
>the Ms. Marvel writers want him to hook up with Kamala
Ha.

>"Let's make a new Spider-Man cartoon that goes back to basics and beginning of his roots"
>"And let's put Spider-Gwen and Miles in there"
That's like making a Batman Year One show with Damian and Terry.

Did they hook up in Ultimate Spider-man? At least they didn't change anyone's race to make this pairing possible like Homecoming or Spectacular Spiderman :)

Spider-Gwen wasn't in Ultimate. They're only interacting now because of Spider-Verse/Secret Wars shenanigans.

I meant the Ultimate animated series

>Terrence
>Pete

Fake names for casting calls eh?

Unlikely to be MCU canon so Parker doesn't exist. Good luck with getting people to care.

>the Ms. Marvel writers want him to hook up with Kamala

Kaffirs are haram.

When did Miles move to the suburbs as Spider-man?

I don't think they interacted much in that show. And it was before Bendis hooked them up in the comics

But yeah, the race changes are stupid

Kamala's brother married a non-Muslim, so I don't think her parents give a shit about tradition any more, so long as their partners respect Islam.

Wilson doesn't actually know shit about her own religion, news at 10

Spider-Man should never be on a team, ever, all his shows have been fucking awful when he was on a team.

Not necessarily

>tfw Firestar gave herself cancer

that wasn't a good show though, it was just millions of times better in comparison to the previous show.

Anything was better than 60's Spider-Man, except for 60's Captain America which somehow had an ever lower budget.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Jv270AL7Ek

Why did you think it was a MCU movie in the first place?

The 90s were terrible. Who knew?

>Operation Rebirth
Hypercrisis is real

And to think, if people didn't dick ride Gwen for having a half decent costume, this wouldn't be happening.

he married a woman who had converted to islam.

they'll probably make them like Tony, Cap, and Wasp from EMH
Peter is the smart quippy one who plays by his own rules
Miles is the straight man who believes in doing things the right way,
and Gwen is the emotional one who wishes everyone would just get along

yeah but the 90's had the best cartoons

from what I'd gleaned about the web warriors season of USM, they had people like MJ and Cho becoming spiders to fill out the roster.

What are the chances this one will stick more to the comics? even if its just a minor role I'd seeing the likes of Arana and Steel Spider getting into a cartoon

How about this?
Peter is smart and quippy that in the moments when going gets tough goes from mid tier to god tier.
Gwen is artistic and bombastic, a true rock&loll spirit that's kind self destructive.
And Miles just dies first and his last words are "But I'm black spider-man with electric powers."

Because she read Dune. I've got a feeling she's the authors Self Insert.

DAMMIT user I DIDN'T ASK FOR FEELS!!!

You son of a bitch

Peter is privileged but boring because he's a white male.
Miles is cool and has swag because he's a black male. He also hooks up with Gwen, and dabs.
Gwen is very smart but also very strong but also very creative but also always right and also quirky because she's a white female

that's not how the boy boy girl team dynamic works today

the main boy hero is an idiot but brave and can be smart when in a pinch

the second boy hero is a rival and even stupider but stronger and more violent

the girl is the smartest one and the most level headed and moral and has OP powers but doesn't really know how to use them well so is basically useless.

wait

are you saying Miles is the girl in this ensemble?

>Tfw no one will be the Ant-Man of the book
Hank Pym was my favourite EMH character
He was also right, the Avenger's "punch first, ask questions never, ship them to interdimensional Guantanamo" policy was beyond flawed.

If my Japanese tokusatsu taught me anything, it's that the main boy is a idealist/optimist that's clumsy and inexperienced but shows great potential for growth, the second boy is a veteran or otherwise gifted prodigy that first scoffs at the MC's optimism, mistaking it for naivety, but soon the MC starts overtaking the second boy's head start, which can translate in two different ways: jealousy leading to in-fighting and drama causing the group to split apart and the second boy becoming evil, or newfound respect and the MC becoming defacto leader of the group.

The girl is either non existent, killed for drama or character motivation or relegated to the role of healer/mascot/background support

The usual trope is as follows:
- The main guy is idealistic but a good leader.
- The other guy is his cynical edgy rival.
- The girl is a girl.

Just like in Pokemon or Sonic (picrelated)

EMH was my first exposure to Pym and to this day I'm shocked that it led so many to believe he was one of the worst characters in Marvel.

Then I eventually learned that shitting on Pym is both an audience and creator pastime in every medium. And that at the time Pym hate was pretty much a rite of passage for casuals.

Sasauga Slott

This picture irritates me.

>Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales

And Mayday will continue to never have a cartoon appearance ever, because Peter Parker can never, ever fucking leave highschool.

Eh, she can pop through a time portal.

>Dune

But the Fremen aren't Muslim, they worship the worms. Arab-influenced yeah but then Kamala's family is Pakistani.

Marvel cartoons are fucking awful and safely ignorable so no big deal.

Well no one was under the impression it was MCU to begin with. It was always it's own thinig. On top of this how does Miles being Spider-Man suggest that Peter didn't exist at? He could have died already.

Can't imagine why

>college age woman kissing high school boy
Oh baby. Take note, this is how you write /ss/ in mainstream comics; mask it underneath an interracial coat of paint so no one can object without looking racist.

You wanna talk about baby legs...

I want to see Mayday. Clearly this show is not going to be "back-to-basics" so might as well throw in alternate universes or time travel so Best Spider-Girl can get a chance to shine.

Or a dimensional portal. That route would be probably be better because then you probably wouldn't have to worry about altering the timeline or time paradoxes and stuff like that.

No he doesn't. Slott does though.

>not Silk

If I was in charge I'd put Mania instead. She's a teenager, like Miles and Peter in the show and I think her personality would go well with the others and provide some entertaining contrast. Would just need to change her origin, since "My gym coach Flash Thompson AKA Agent Venom tried to prevent Jack O'Lantern from killing me by trying to protect me with part of his symbiote but the part turned out to be a clone of the symbiote and it bonded to me" would obviously not work for this show.

Casuals are utter cancer.

Whats so good about mania. You fucking symbiote fags disgust me. You guys just want to fuck a punk rocker symbiote girl. Thats her entire appeal.

Okay it's really late so I'm going to keep this short. I like Mania. I think she's a cool character and would like to see her in more things. If you think I was putting down Silk then I'm sorry if I came off that way. Silk is a good character though personally I'm not a fan of her but I won't belittle anyone who is. Are you a Silkfag? If so then you shouldn't be hateful towards me. We should just unite in her hatred/loathing of Spider-Gwen.

So basically the generic webcomic setup?

Since when did folks hate EMH Pym?
He's great in that show and it was my first exposure to him besides hearing he slapped Janet in passing

nah I believe in the one true spider peter. I believe symbiotes should only exist in the spiderverse and not branch out. Everytime they do, they lose more of what made them unique.

I mean look at Flash Thompson. A spidey supporting character that ended up being fucking venom and then an avenger before going of to the far reaches of space.

Spidey doesn't need that, he needs to be grounded. It was inevitable, many of us even pointed out to the flashfags that he would lose his symbiote but guess who has to deal with that bullshit? SPiderman titles. Now flash will be that supporting cast member (because no one else outside of spiderman titles will give a fuck outside of one or two writer every decade or so) that has done crazy superhero things when really the only one who deserves to do that is Peter himself.

I really didn't mean to offend you or act like a dipshit towards you. I get the symbiote appeal but there use lately has damaged them more than made them good in my honest opinion.

60's Captain America theme has never been surpassed. And never will.

>Asian-American teen
he's fucking white nothing more nothing less

I know so many people who hate EMH Pym.

One person I always remember is Noelle Stevenson. She abhorred Pym and was incensed that him & Lang were going to be the focus of Ant-Man instead of Janet.

Not looking forward to it, for several reasons. Chief of which being the literal cucks that will swarm to this for bbc and literal bbc shit. I'm black and I don't want to see that shit because I know, somehow and unsurprisingly, it'll center around cuckoldry and some shit like that.

I just want a show centered around Peter as Spider-Man. Not Miles, who I never asked for, and not Gwen, whose best feature is how fanartists draw her ass, and not Venom, whose best feature is the thirsty symbiote and SURF THE WEB SURF THE WEB.

And would be too much to ask if Spidey was, I don't know... competent?

>And would be too much to ask if Spidey was, I don't know... competent?

sadly yes it is

man I must be a masochist because my favorite Marvel character is Spiderman and my favorite DC character is Static Shock

the fuck is wrong with me

Well, if Gwen is cute, I'll look for screencaps.

There's ANOTHER Spider-man cartoon coming? For what purpose?

>We will never have a BatB style spidey show that showcases obscure villians like ringmaster or the Human Fly, have regular team ups with the F4, Daredevil the X-men and other marvel characters and pay homage to Spidey history

Nigger try being a Spider-man, X-men and F4 fan then we talk suffering

They actually managed to outdo themselves and craft up a series that's even WORSE than Ultimate Spider-Man.

Unreal.

so you retards are just going to hate this without even seeing one video or screenshot you retards are pathetic

>so you retards are just going to hate this without even seeing one video or screenshot
Extrapolate the data, user. Compare the previous Disney/Marvel cartoons and tell me what the likelihood is that this new series will be good at all.

no you idiots just have a boner for the earth's mightiest heroes and spectacular spider man that you don't want to watch anything different and just want to call it shit the new avengers show is good and the Guardians of the Galaxy show but you are just going to call them shit and get cherry picked gifs and screenshots

Everything from Marvel animation from 2012 forward has been shit. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic for now, but I won't be surprised if they try to play it safe again.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever praise that song. It's worse than the 60's Iron Man theme song and absolutely no better than 60's Spider-Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Wn4iYoMcAA

youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE

>three spidermen
Excited, yay.

Now I'm sad.
Thanks.