Am I the only one who found this very underwhelming?

>second half is nostalgia-bait schlock
>"le resistance" is just a throw-away scene when it should have been a major component of the plot
>the acting was terrible from everybody except the goose and bautista
>robin wright: "look, i'm acting! pay me as much as my male co-stars!"
>luv: "dude i am the evil robot woman lmao"
>they cut off the sex scene with mackenzie davies before things get hot to keep the pg-13 rating
>awful climactic scene with the fight on the beach
>atrocious, blaring, headache-inducing score courtesy of hans zimmer on auto-pilot
>no seriously, the score practically ruined the whole thing for me, maybe the speakers in my particular theater were just turned up too much
Some of the themes were engaging, particularly the 2D waifu (Joi) and whether artificial beings have the capacity for love, but it all fell apart as soon as Harrison Ford showed up.
>and that fucking final shot
Should have ended with Goose in the snow, not Harrison Ford zonked out of his mind on Xanax lpacing his hand on the glass like a senile old fuck.
Villeneuve is a hack.

Go back.

>"le resistance" is just a throw-away scene when it should have been a major component of the plot

stopped reading right there.

THIS SUMMER

WE CREATED THEM

WE ENSLAVED THEM

NOW

BRAAAAAAAPAPAP

THEY ARE FIGHTING BACK

*record scratch*

Well you think how did mankind got into this?
It started a week ago....

AHHHHH rgrg

>to keep the pg-13 rating
user, it's R rated.
I don't know which PG-13 films you have seen, but I never saw wombs being cut in a PG-13 films, or limbs and guts flying, or literal street window sex, or full frontal nudity throughout the entire film.

Also you sound like a tourist crossposter casual.

Retard, watch the movie again

brainlets
only redditors and shills like this flick

go back

movie sucked. felt too small. world was way less interesting. storytelling kinda sucked too

damn you really showed me, damn

>said the normalfag that didn't get the film

>the beach
hahahahahahaah someone didn't watch it

wow what a highly eloquent insightful post user, you must be a highly intellectual individual yourself

well whatdo you want to call it then? the expanse of metal before the wall at the edeg of the oceon>? fuckign retard

you are not alone, most of my pleb friends didn't like it either

mentally challenged dumb ass degenerate phoneposter

Well, Rick & Morty is my favorite show. So there.

>>they cut off the sex scene with mackenzie davies before things get hot to keep the pg-13 rating
but it was rated R

The bottom/dam? of the flood defense

he's probably not American. it had a PG 16 in germany for example

because we don't run for the nearest bible when there are some tits on screen.

hello my normie redditor friend

OP let me let you in on a little secret
This board is infested with shits that think a movie of nothing but close ups of guys talking is ''Kino''
But a movie with a bit of action scenes is ''capeshit''
This is who you are arguing with

agreed on all points. BRAAAAAAAAAP soundtrack was awful.

I didn't like Goose's acting either. He was playing himself like he always does. Maybe someone who hasn't seen his other films would think it was fresh but not me.
Robin Wright was the worst acting and design-wise. She didn't look or act the part.

Luv was ok, but then it wasn't a hard performance to deliver.
Leto wasn't as bad as most people said he was but he was pretty mediocre.

Also yeah, the resistance was introduced as a deus ex machina to save the day and then dissapear before the end. I really lol'd at that.
Screen writing was lazy for sure.

Director tried to capture beautiful shots, but they weren't functional, failed to deliver any kind of mood or emotion.

I gave the film a 6/10.

It's like you saw a version of this movie where everything was opposite.

decent bait. guaranteed replies. 7/10

>Villeneuve is a hack.
Everyone here has agreed on this since Prisoners. The only ones that don't are the ones that spout stuff like "KINOXD"

Just wait. In a few weeks stranger things 2 will be out and they'll say the same as it has the meme aesthetic, meme soundtrack and now the meme horror the children of memes love

Now try to form an actual valid nonbraindead argument with no meaningless buzzwords please.

>>"le resistance" is just a throw-away scene when it should have been a major component of the plot
no it shouldn't have. that's dumb. I got upset when I thought they were actually going that direction, and then they completely subvert it. brilliant.

>ot Harrison Ford zonked out of his mind on Xanax lpacing his hand on the glass like a senile old fuck.
Why wouldn't you show something that was thematically consistent with the movie and the one single good moment he had in the whole thing.
>that wonderful moment when he recaptured the feeling he had when he first met Rachel

Oh for fucks sake, that reminds me, I forgot two of the biggest gripes I had with this trash in my OP port
>leto's character completely wasted
>cgi resurrection/rape of young sean young
Fuck that shit, it's so disingenuous and soulless.

this movie was incredibly beautiful. that's about it

Why? This isn't actual film we're talking about. if you don't know how to read Sup Forums language then leave

Yeah I did as well desu, it wasn't that bad but defiantly didn't live up to the hype

agree to a certain extent, but it likely wouldn't've been made without Ford returning
agree
There were some shaky performances (Leto, Ford) but for the most part it was fine
Robin Wright was good though. Stop letting the fact that she asked for equal pay on a completely unrelated show cloud you judgement. adn imo Wright's far better in HoC than than her ham costar
not an argument
>they cut off the sex scene with mackenzie davies before things get hot to keep the pg-13 rating
Yeah, I would have liked to see more of it, the whole effect of that scene was great and I was annoyed they cut it short
I thought that was pretty tense and well down, why do you say it's awful?
>atrocious, blaring, headache-inducing score courtesy of hans zimmer on auto-pilot
It was serviceable, definitely weaker than the original's y a fair margin. I'm not a Zimmer fan at all so desu I'd say it's one of his better ones
>no seriously, the score practically ruined the whole thing for me, maybe the speakers in my particular theater were just turned up too much
the speakers at my theatre literally couldn't handle the volume so when it got too loud they started fucking popping and shit, really distracting. I need to see it again

Soundtrack was horrible, but otherwise a very good movie. Hopefully we'll get a fan cut with the braaaaps removed.

What the fuck do you think Deus Ex Machina means? The resistance was only there to confirm to K that he is in fact not special, just like every other replicant.

I should add that the idea of a resistance type thing in the film at all sucks, so I'm glad it wasn't developed. It just should've have been in the film in the first place

It just feels like your regular, Fincher-lite post-modern trite, dreary, drab, overlong melodrama.

Original Blade Runner is an actual film, a work of art. Attention paid to editing, juxtaposition, mood, ambiance. This is just an extended HBO pilot.

I share those sentiments almost exactly.
Objectively a 8-9/10
Subjectively a 7 or 8

>shaky performances
>Ford

I don't know what you're talking about. A lot to gripe about in 2049 but Ford sure as shit isn't on that list. Agree with you on Leto.

>MEME THIS MEME THAT MEME THIS AND THAT HAHA YOU DON'T GET THE EPIN Sup Forums LANGUAGE user JUST LEAVE
Embarassing.

Not OP, but it was R rated in New Zealand

I understood his argument, use your brain

Eh, I'm sure he cares about BR more than nu-Star Wars or Indy 4, but his performance felt just as empty as those ones

>DUDE I HATE MEMES LMAO
>DUDE SAYING KINO IS REDDIT IS THE MOST Sup Forums THING TO DO LMAO
off yoruself

What would please you people? This movie redefines kino.

this post reeks of r*ddit

dumb phoneposter

I got exactly what I expected out of it. A solid sequel full of gorgeous visuals and a plot that's a bit less impactful and complex than it seems to think it is.

It's a Denis Villeneuve flick. These are the films he makes.

Disagree, nothing wrong with forming a plot connection to the first movie in a SEQUEL
I do sort of agree there, but I feel that it was buildup for a sequel. The entire ending of the movie was practically begging to get a sequel. It's doing mediocre at the box office though and that's against a fat budget, so I'm not sure it will get one.
The acting was good from everybody, the characters were sometimes weak. The evil replicant was particularly dull.
???
yeah I agree
big fucking whoop hormone faggot
movies are better without useless padded sex scenes
That was a great scene though
Disagree. I liked it a lot. Movie wouldn't be half as good without it. That said, it's not a score you'll catch me listening to by myself, since it's mostly ambient atmosphere.
Maybe. I loved the score.

>dude he misspelled a word that means he's a phopnepsoter!
bro, you'reembarassing yourself, stop.

If you've been here long enough you would understand what the words(or buzzwords to your untrained eye) mean
Theres no need to type out long winded posts just so you can brush them off when Sup Forumss language does it better

It didn't really come together. A lot of holes in the plot.

>A lot of holes in the plot
Such as?

I refuse to agree with anyone who uses the phrase "am I the only one..."
even if I do agree, fucking kill yourself for using that phrase.

you first faglord

Found the brainlet. Butthurt so eone made fun of your favorite capeshit film?

>too small
okay, you didn't notice the whole thing about the resistance and the war that would come if either side didn't think there was a line between humans and replicants?
The stakes in this are huge.

An objectively terrible opinion. This movie really does EXPOSE plebs.

>le everyone thinks like me except for those who are wrong
Kill yourself you stupid nigger.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

>This movie really does EXPOSE plebs
This the ones who sing its praise are always underexposed to cinema

Actually, the opposite is true.

Intentionally small and personal. Canadian even. Right down to snowy Los Angeles at the end.

Bravo, Villeneuve

Name one kino more kino than this.

>one best films of the decade
>one of the best films I've seen this year
>the only good sci-fi of this decade
>based _
>kino
All said by those underexposed to cinema.

cinema =/= kino

Mention a better one.

Feel free to list a film from this year which is better, because there is none.
Yes Raw, A Ghost Story, Good Time and Dunkirk are all great, but this is entirely a beast of it's own, a single subplot like the relationship between K and his virtual waifu literally BTFO's entire movies that deal with similar subjects (like Her).

You can pretend like it's an average film if you want, but we all know that's a ridiculous statement.

For this decade so far?
1. The Tree of Life
2. The Turin Horse
3. Under The Skin
4. Only God Forgives
5. Upstream Color
6. Goodbye To Language
7. Certified Copy
8. Leviathan (2012)
9. Inside Llewyn Davis
10. Tabu

When K was running away, how come the police computer knew his exact location? Shouldn't he be aware of this? It would make it completely impossible for him to get away.
If Wallace Corp can get away with murdering police and face no negative consequences, why not just order them to do what you want instead of murdering them.
Why wouldn't replicants be able to reproduce? How would the offspring Ana, tell you "the secret" when you already have Rachael's DNA. Why didn't he get the eye color of Rachael right when he has his DNA.
How did Wallace know that Rachael had reproduced.

>and that's when I realized..I was..Blade Runner: 2049
I wanted my fucking money back, had to run out of the theater screaming in fear

>Feel free to list a film from this year which is better
>Ghost Hunting
>El mar la mar
>Personal Shopper
>On the Beach at Night Alone
>Dark Night
>Rey
>Sleep Has Her House
All of these
>Raw
For a film intended to deal with the awakening of senses, the ritual of passage, the first time (the basis of all good little intimist drama), the bottom is cruelly lacking in substance. The worst kind of deliberate sontagian camp
>A Ghost Story
A very dishonest hollywood version of a Reygadas film. However Lowery isn't a bad director so he has that going for him at least.
>Good Time
I'm seeing it on friday, but I suspect based on what you've claimed so far it might actually be terrible
>Dunkirk
A tech demo, the image on the screen meant to be played as the background during an industry meeting as proof of concept. Dunkirk is basically the best of a talentless but resourceful filmmaker can do. He may now dream of being the Griffith/Kubrick of the 20th century(instead of another Mann clone) but he's just Nolan.

how many of these kinos have a giant naked waifu?

Goodbye To Language if you count Godard being a manlet haha

Oldfag too who just came back from it. Obviously you just can't ask those 20s kids what they thought about it, since everything that's not capeshit is seen as a masterpiece nowadays here, they're all overreacting. It's fine for a while but gets shitty in the last segment, once the mummy harrison Ford appears. I wanted cyberpunk, but I finally got some fucking family drama... should have excpected it, coming from a fucking leaf. At least there's not too much negroes.

I don't understand who the fuck is priasing this soundtrack, it's just blarhing noise again.

Vangelis is still alive, and his Blade Runner soundtrack is a fuck tonne better than 2049's.

the only part of Zimmer's attempt I enjoyed was the bit where it's clearly just Vangelis synth's

how did they know what Rachel was wearing, and her hairstyle, in the original... that's not genetic

go back to Sup Forums

>he actually wanted some big dumb robot revolution film

So you wanted a dumb capeshit movie I see

Why do plebs love it so much

I think they made the movie objectively underwhelming by only having the conclusion of the second act as its ending:
>K is bleeding out after having saved his friend's child by drowning their mutual enemy after crashing his car into theirs (just like Drive)
>no resolution to K's own personal story or the love story with the disembodied AI (which formed the first half of the movie)
>no fleshing out of the role or history of the resistance
>nothing is made of the fact that the the robot resistance who saved Deckard's daughter and the boss of the cybernetics company from whom they saved her HAVE THE SAME GOAL in replacing humans
>nothing is made of the fact that Deckard doesn't want to help the Big Bad enable replicants to reproduce, the same thing his and K's mysterious newfound allies seemingly want

This is 1/2 of a good movie and 1/3 of a very good movie. Honestly Harrison Ford should have died early in this, probably instead of the "Sapper" guy. Then K would have to feel bad about killing the man he thinks was his father.
As it turned out, the only good parts of this movie had little plot relevance and were VERY similar to the movies Her and Drive.

honestly Sup Forums memed me into watching the original blade runner and it was so boring and shitty I stopped and deleted it after 20 mins or so

>spending 3/4 of the film on plot points that go nowhere is good
It's almost game of thrones tier, except with the plot points in Blade Runner, we actually know that they would go somewhere, if they were followed through on.

It was just R13 though.

More because America doesn't really use an intermediate stage of 15 or 16. It's either kiddy shlock like the comic book movies or movies that set out from step one to capitalise on the R market only.

I agree on almost all counts, and especially the possibly controversial (but in my view correct) opinions that the soundtrack was terrible and Leto was fine for the role, just the role was ultimately bad for the film.
Robyn Wright was one of my preferred parts of the film, her character and performance gave the movie a down-to-earth neo-80s vibe, being less "ethereal" than the rest of the film, which drags on needlessly at times. The whole early film feels pointless.
I thought Gosling's performance was very similar to the famous Drive performance, but the roles were similar enough that it didn't detract from the film in itself, although ultimately the fact that the story detaches itself from his character halfway through makes it insignificant, particularly when we didn't get to see him meaningfully transition from baseline robot to real human bean, or bring the romance with the AI to a proper conclusion.