Red Hulk

>Huh. Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass, I have found something forty years in the army had never taught me... perspective.
>General Ross has a heart attack
>in a desperate attempt to save the one general with direct connections with the Hulk, the Us army decides to give him a prototype Super Soldier Serum
>but without access to Vita or Gamma rays, the US army instead opted to use the Extremis Viru, which was at the time, at the military's disposal
>The Extremis Virus gives the host ability to generate extreme amounts of heat through a complex metabolic process, generating heat from their bodies up to several thousand degrees Celsius, but unlike the normal Extremis Virus, Ross virus coupled with the Serum made Ross hotter the angrier he gets

Oh...So they planted a seed in there.

This would actually be clever

I wanna know how that fucker became Secretary of State. He couldn't even stop Hulk!

Honestly at this point I'd be interested to see a Red Hulk movie. Especially if Hulk himself is a supporting character.

since when has "failing to do anything" kept people from advancing in politics

i was just reaching for something. still it's super random to just connect the movies a little, like he couldn't just be a super high ranking general delivering the news

no they didnt.

They wanted a person that would make you pause and question but not be a twirling mustache villain. Apparently in earlier drafts of the film they were staying closer to the book it was inspired from and Secretary of State was going to be Maria Hill.

>I wanna know how that fucker became Secretary of State. He couldn't even stop Hulk!
He is an Asshole, but he was NOT Hydra.

"Not being Hydra" was such a difficult requirement after Winter Soldier, that he was the only one qualified at the time.

The Peter Principle.

I wouldn't have liked that. MCU Maria Hill is honestly great. She's not only competent, she's charming and fun.

In fact, she's about as unlike comics Maria Hill as she could possibly be.

Comics Maria Hill is a massive cunt.

Also, the Sec Def should be a dick who has no emotional connection to the Avengers.

I never like MCU Maria Hill the slightest bit upon reflection she is better than comics Maria

Maybe they wanted a Sec Def that knew first hand the kind of damage they could cause, the guy that spent so long chasing the Hulk would fit pretty well.

That's what I meant, Ross isn't mates with them like Hill.

I hope we see Hill in IW.

Plus Maria in the MCU is really Avengers-friendly, and it would probably seem like too big a character derail for her to be as antagonistic as they needed.

>Tony: hey Maria I found all this evidence about Zem-
>Maria: Shut the fuck up and help me kill Captain America

Leave Maria Hill alone! She's a good kid. Just gets mixed up sometimes.

I hope we see her in the Giant-Sized Man-Thing movie. That name drop has to pay off sometime.

Rumors are that we are going to see the Raft again, no confirmation on Ross though.

The raft would have been more impressive if there wasn't a prison escape in its first appearance.

>The raft would have been more impressive if there wasn't a prison escape in its first appearance.
Remember that Steve's first real act as Captain America was breaking into a POW camp. Organising prison escapes is practically his speciality.

Maria is the greatest user, we all know that.

Before the film came out, I did wonder if they might bust that out as a surprise third act climax.

I knew Cap and Tony would be fighting each other, but I wondered if maybe the others wouldn't have been on to the real mastermind behind the whole crisis and then Ross would stand in their way. When they go to make him move, he Red Hulks out and shit is on.

got me there

>MCU Maria Hill is honestly great. She's not only competent, she's charming and fun.
She's boring. She doesn't really do a whole lot, honestly. I'm pretty disappointed, too. I don't necessarily think they need to make her like comics Hill, but letting her be something more than Fury's lapdog would be nice.

>She's boring. She doesn't really do a whole lot, honestly. I'm pretty disappointed, too. I don't necessarily think they need to make her like comics Hill, but letting her be something more than Fury's lapdog would be nice.
MCU really wanted to have more females in the cast but they struggle to find screentime and plot relevance for them.

>they struggle to find screentime and plot relevance for them.
Yes. This. Like, yeah, Hill was a pretty big help during Winter Soldier, but outside of that she hasn't done anything. At all. And thus far nothing has come from her working for Stark. Nothing. Which is incredibly disappointing. It was one of the most interesting things they could have done with her and they haven't done anything with it. Hill just sort of shows up in movies sometimes and does things but has no real impact at all. I feel bad for Cobie Smulders, but I don't think she cares because she still gets those sweet checks.

I'm afraid Sharon is going to be largely the same. I think part of the problem is that Black Widow, Hill, and Sharon are all pretty redundant on the field.

>the one general with direct connections with the Hulk
This is where it falls apart. How does "used to chase the Hulk" make him any more useful to the government than any of the other random soldiers that also chased the Hulk? As far as we know the government doesn't even give a shit about the Hulk anymore.

>I think part of the problem is that Black Widow, Hill, and Sharon are all pretty redundant on the field.
IMO the issue is how SHIELD got split off into a TV show and is no longer 100% canon. If the TV show had been more connected then the many women in that show could show up in the films. It's such a pity that the segregation had only gotten wider over time.

>don't do anything ever

it's the current political mantra of our entire government on both sides for decades. and honestly I wish they were better at it.

Because he was in charge of chasing the Hulk.

Well lets see
>daughter was dating the hulk
>daughter worked on project that made the hulk
>has acess to data, material and experience with super soldier applications
>personally knows the hulk and probably has the most experience

THAT GOTDAMN PEE PEE CANZCER

>Alright everthying looks to be in order heHAIL
>HYDRA, IMMORTAL HYDRA
>get out

>>daughter was dating the hulk

>She's just gone
>Nobody even mentions her
>Now Hulk is chasing Widow Pussy

At least she never had to downgrade to Ruffalo.

>based Ruff being a downgrade from norton antivirus

pls

Norton is a whiny egotistical shit, but he's a better actor than Ruffroraggy.

Ego norton is a good actor, but i much prefer Ruffalos banner

>As far as we know the government doesn't even give a shit about the Hulk anymore.

Maybe the events in AOU reminded them why they used to give a shit.

Ed of the Northon did a better job, the script just gave him nothing.

Hes the one in charge of handling the Super Soldier Serums and is basically responsible for the Hulk

Also Civil War and AoU basically reminded everyone that an established form of Government is required for Order

She was subtly mentioned in AoU

>"You know, I just decided to call it Veronica because he used to be in love with a girl named Betty and Veronica is the opposite of that," Whedon said, obviously referencing Betty and Veronica, who compete for Archie Andrews' attentions in Archie.