What's the most bittersweet Sup Forums finale out there?

What's the most bittersweet Sup Forums finale out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/clBHyROyCf4
youtu.be/JXcV6dOMUZs
youtube.com/watch?v=nY2ME08hncw
vimeo.com/104097010
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wakfu, season 1

I got the feels from Y: The Last Man's finale

>dat not-very-happy-ending
>dat death of Ampersand
>dat final page

I will be very angry when the new FLCL is inevitably soulless.

FLCL wasnt bittersweet, it was goddamn perfect.

>Theres a huge existence out there, a massive expanse unimaginable. But you can't get there yet, you just aren't ready. Maybe one day you will be, and maybe ill swing by and check on you sometime, but that time isnt here yet. Youre gonna have to accept that.

Its a great metaphor for maturation that i feel the show sort of half missed a lot of the time. The world is absolutely fucking huge with endless social possibilities, but until you get to a mental point where you can work and weave in and out of different existences, maybe you aren't grown enough or honest enough with yourself to see it. But it isn't really bittersweet, the main character knows one day his chance can come, and just works at better fulfilling himself in a less than fulfilling environment.

I dont even like FLCL as much now that ive gotten older, and especially since i learned that not all of it was really meant to make sense, which is something that bugs me nowadays. But its ending still hits the mark dead center

Ashita no Joe.

Shit, I meant Jackie Chan Adventures.

>new FLCL

For the love of all that is holy, tell me you're joking.

two. new. seasons.

Old FLCL was pretty soulless senpai. The more interviews you watch/read the more you see how much of it was put together because "I thought it was really cool" and didnt have much of any application in the world it was inhabiting.

If new FLCL was a bunch of flashy robot fights for no reason with a flashy albeit overtold message at the end, it would be incredibly true to the original series. Its always been something, when taken in its entirty, for a younger audience

Don't you put that evil on me.

>CAN WE START
>START
>OOOOOOOOVEEEEEEER

youtu.be/clBHyROyCf4

>all your old friends stop hanging out with you or die, and slowly you turn from an outcast with no social skills but a ton of soul into a worn down, 9 to 5 working normie who can't even recognize his old self

Hit a lot closer to home than I thought it would

>wanting to do something because it was cool
>soulless

Fuck off, the ONLY reason you need to make something is because you like it.

It's not a series but
youtu.be/JXcV6dOMUZs

GL:TAS

Tfw thought that was Skitter in Golden morning

Kherpi no

This.

Khepri YES.

>Old FLCL was pretty soulless senpai. The more interviews you watch/read the more you see how much of it was put together because "I thought it was really cool" and didnt have much of any application in the world it was inhabiting.

How is we did this because I like it and think it's cool soulless? The new incarnation will be soulless because it is being made as a nostalgia grab.

>If new FLCL was a bunch of flashy robot fights for no reason

There's reason behind it.

>with a flashy albeit overtold message at the end

The message is less important than how it explores its themes.

>Its always been something, when taken in its entirty, for a younger audience

How is it being something that a younger audience can connect to somehow a bad thing?

So "wasn't tightly planned out to the last detail for one singular purpose throughout"=artistically wothless now apparently

Justice League "Epilogue"

I fucking hate Terry, he's a fucking faggot and two dimensional hamfisted cliche of a character and I hope whoever conceived him gets cancers.

hellboy, specially "the island" and the one with the lion(chimera) god i don't remember the exact name of the arc

Speaking of bad endings...

Oban Star Racers is pretty bittersweet...at least for some of the cast.

The Sandman

>Misunderstanding the point this hard.
They've already admitted to a level of reliance on the original material and continuity that completely betrays the "written-as-it-comes-to-me" nature of the original. Instead of embracing the core of what made it good they're going to pander to nostalgia and answer questions that really didn't need answers.

>answer questions that really didn't need answers.
Oh god are they going to go into the space pirates and galactic police shit? It's nearly an explicit joke in the original that none of that shit matters.

>Ask a Sup Forums question.
>Use an Sup Forums pic.
>Thread talks about Sup Forums content.
Hmmm.

Hitman

It's mostly just bitter though.

And then they hit you in the face the actual finale a few days later.

The ending of ATHF was pretty much perfect.

I will never accept it as canon. It will exist in the same place in my mind as any Alien movie after the second one and any Robocop anything besides the original movie.

Is the show airing already?

I recently realized Shake is my favorite character, and I'm sad that he died so often.

cried and smiled, she was too good for this world

She can come back asshole, my Waifu got her head torn off and is totally exempt from instrumentation. Feel bad for me.

I think the whole point of the show is that you can read it into it what you want or need.

Let's be real, the entire toonami/adult swim anime lineup from back in the day is basically honorary Sup Forums material

>FLCL's ending was trash,
How?

>tfw tang only affects those with weak constitutions
>tfw my life is great because I worked for it and I wouldn't trade it for a lie.

gl tas

>"Shall I take it down sir?"
>"No. This doesn't change anything. It doesn't change anything at all."

And the very last line of the last scene

>"Come old man! We got bad guys who need chasin! This is the best day of my life!"

Alone, alone, all, all alone,
Alone on a wide wide sea!
And never a saint took pity on
My soul in agony.

The many men, so beautiful!
And they all dead did lie:
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

This, no contest

>implying bittersweet isn't the perfect ending

That's not true; that guy with the girly haircut tried to avoid the tang but it came for him anyway.

What is this?

>Comics confirmed that she was the actual Terra
>and may still have her memories

The only problem is that I don't think there was any sweetness in this ending

They've specifically mentioned the space war, that Medical Mechanica is playing a major role, Haruko is back as "Haruko" despite the original establishing that she changed pseudonyms every time she visits Earth, and say they'll reveal "where Canti has been all these years and why he's so important" even though he's literally pointless.

It's one of THOSE sequels.

Hellboy in Hell

He can finally rest, those in Hell are redeemed and he's beaten destiny.

But now he's all alone.

you're gonna need to elaborate on that for me

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Mostly bitter though. One of the more tragic series out there, especially considering what happens in ROTS.

In fact the only "sweet" part I can think of is Ahsoka leaving the Jedi order means she survives order 66

RIP Fives

20 Minutes

Most Ennis books have endings like that.
Same for Preacher and The Boys.

>tfw tang only affects those with weak constitutions
you do know that everyone on Earth got tang'ed right?

Dofus ending is also bittersweet, especially because they never explain what happens to Lou.

Hnng

youtube.com/watch?v=nY2ME08hncw

Wish I could find the whole ending scene. Just everyone hanging out as they tear down the sets, even chumming with villains like it was all in good fun and then topped off with this. What a great ride this series was.

Frank and Doom wouldn't get Tanged

I think you'd have to be a fucking retard not to see that FLCL was pretty strenuously thought out and clearly had a lot of real emotion put into it.

Under the Red Hood

But the thing is, a lot of the details where actually put into it with singular purpose. Way more than people think

Its weird how people totally miss the cultural angle its going for and what it has to say about fantasy and escapism and consumer culture

every time I watch it, I pick up a point or a theme that I missed last time.

It truly has some lasting potential.

I've watched it every year for about 9 years and every time I notice something different

Like for some reason I never picked up until this year that a big theme is basically how we're consumed by fantasy. Its basically against consumer culture, I think. Although in a very vague way, it ties it to appetite, sexual and otherwise
>Mamimi biting into Naota for sexual gratification
>Her being obsessed by video games and emulating it IRL
>Canti eats Naota for him to "pilot" him. Also he's a walking TV
>All the references to taste, sour or sweet or spicy or otherwise
>Haruko says only one can eat Atomsk "and that's gonna be her" in the climax

And the cat and mouse thing in episode 4, where the cat basically eats her and it kind of suggests that she's not really the cat and Naota's not really the mouse. Atmosk is the cat and she is the mouse

It sort of asks "who's consuming who"?

>>All the references to taste, sour or sweet or spicy or otherwise
That's related to the maturation story; kids only like sweet things.

>Atmosk is the cat and she is the mouse
Note that archetypically it is men who pursue women.

They touched on this in Rebels and she has a huge role in an arc finale...

And...well it's bitter.

oops I also forgot: in episode 3 the show pretty directly links consumer culture with sexual appetite with Naota's dad's magazine flying off the shelves, detailing the Ninamori scandal. very sleazy

I think in general Naota is meant to represent uninhibited childish imagination while his dad is a pathetic anime escapist who writes "deep" analysis of cartoons (like I'm doing right now)

The perfect summary of Geoff johns GL,fuck it still feels like the finale of GL in general

>That's related to the maturation story
definitely yeah

but "maturation" in FLCL is a difficult thing, since all the adults are childish, and all the kids try not to act childish but clearly are at heart

also what do you think about the line where naota says it's a "punishment" to be with mamimi in episode 1?

>We'll always be friends
>Despite all that murdering in the Sinestro Corps War and such

That said, Johns' GL finale is basically my canon GL finale.

Did you all even watch the movie? It was supposed to imply that everyone would take the lie and they would have to work to materialize themselves. That's why Asuka and Shinji weren't tanged because they finally accepted who they were.

Kubo

i misread and thought you said it was a metaphor for masterbation

It is that too. I first watched it when I was 11/12 and I had a fucking sexual awakening

That scene is one of the few things I actually almost cry over.
Her and Kaworu went back to their home planet of Transsexual.

I doubt were ever going to get a great DC superhero team-up series again after JLU &BBB

Fucking weaboos stop talking about your shitty pretentious boner animes.

Anyway an actual Sup Forums related bittersweet ending is scooby doo mystery inc.

Did they ever continue it? I watched the scooby doo & blue falcon and one other one, and it seemed it fit in with the finale theme of solving mysteries as they traveled to california

>Bittersweet
Too bad it and the ending of Code Geass are being thrown out the window for more money.

What's happening to Code Geass?

REEE
stop posting your anime shit
>>

The finale is brilliant. It perfectly cements Anakin's turn to the Dark Side, to the point where I wish Ashoka could have been there in the Prequels.

Came here to post this.

Fucking Abandoned Pools, man

The Maxx

vimeo.com/104097010

There's gonna be another season. Probably so Sunrise can do commentary on Trump.

I haven't seen an anime ruin the moral of a show since Madoka Magica Rebellion. Or Dangan Ronpa Hope Arc if you count it ruining the whole point of the second game.

Superhero cartoons
usually have bittersweet endings
-JL Epilogue wasn't that bad, the actual last episode of JLU was pretty bittersweet.
-There was one episode of Brave n Bold in an alt universe where catwoman and bruce got married, they died, their son became the new batman and took his son under his wing, and the cycle kept repeating.

Rebellion sucked ass.
Isn't there going to be another Madoka movie?

I also forgot Spiderman TASM
too many loose plotlines

sometime in 2017 it will air

>series was going to have a concise end
>everyone was going to be happy and reunited
>it was going to be beautiful
>the last ten minutes of Rebellion completely fucking ruin everything for everyone one last time
I want to fuck whoever wrote that ending with a rusty rail spike, fuck them.

Especially knowing they'd never make anything else to continue the fucking stupid ass plot they dropped.

I still headcanon out those last ten minutes because fuck them.

The Boys has a pretty happy ending.