Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

you for reading this shit

/Thread

But seriously, it was Carol.
At some point somebody in universe even acknowledges that Minority Report explained this was a flawed idea.

The fact it ended in a shitty "And then the magic guy flew away" just demonstrates how pointless it all was.
BENDIS COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO WRITE A CONCLUSION.

The event was an excuse to kill Banner, Stark and set up a just as shitty new line of "legacy heroes" for the "Captain America is evil" event.

And to send Hawkeye to play discount Green Arrow, I guess.

Carol.

HydraCap proved she was full of shit and Ulysses can have his visions be manipulated in his tie-in issues.

Bendis.

Marvel's editorial.

The writ-
Dammit.

ask Cyclops and Cable and Bishop, but then make special exceptions for shit talking for beast because time travel shenanigans happen all the time but we have to shit on beast for no reason ther than because bendis

Tony. Carol did nothing wrong.

Go to bed, marvel.

Both. Going all in on Predictive Justice was really stupid on Carol's part and both morally wrong in the short-term and logically wrong in the long-run.

But CWII was 99% Tony's fault and he absolutely deserved to be killed/coma'd for the shit he pulled. Just because Carol was wrong doesn't mean you immediatly go FULL FUCKING RETARD.

>we have to shit on beast for no reason ther than because bendis
>for no reason
>because bendis
Beast became the biggest hypocrite in the Marvel Universe before Bendis ever even touched him.

>Both. Going all in on Predictive Justice was really stupid on Carol's part and both morally wrong in the short-term and logically wrong in the long-run.

>But CWII was 99% Tony's fault and he absolutely deserved to be killed/coma'd for the shit he pulled. Just because Carol was wrong doesn't mean you immediatly go FULL FUCKING RETARD.

So... Carol was Hillary and Tony was Trump?

>yfw marvel manages to accidentally make a viable political analogy

Carol.
Arresting someone for something they could hypothetically do with no evidence is very flaky.
And then there's the whole one of many possible timelines from the visions and time always in motion etc.

That's not at all what her program was doing, though. Sounds like you fell for the Minority Report meme.

Predictive justice is never going to be a thing for people after Minority Report. So Carol is the answer. Funny how like all the writers were against her too at Comicon.

But whatever. Carol "won" and YAAAS QUEEN so all hail our new blacked overlord.

>Carol "won"
How? Her whole thing was using Predictive Justice and there's no more Predictive Justice after CWII. Tony "won," he just ended up in a coma in the process.

Society

>How?

Fuck if I know. That's what all the comics are saying though. I guess she won in almost murdering Tony and convincing the Marvel plebes that she's their new god queen for reasons.

Except that's exactly what happened in the case of that lady they suspected to be a terrorist bomber.

anyone on team captain hydra need to get there shit together

No, they took her in and then were going to release her when they didn't find any evidence. But then Tony got drunk and ruined everything, as usual.

Both. The only one with a reasonable notion on how to use Ulysess was Blue Marvel.

What did he do now. I saw the first fo issues if hydra cap story timed a while back. He seemed pretty cool.

Marvel Comics.

Bendis.
And I suppose to a greater extent Marvel for trusting Bendis.

>The event was
It was nothing more than a rushed cash grab trying to ride the movie's coattails, something that failed since the movie was long gone from cinemas once this shit started hitting the shelves.

It ended up being used as an excuse for all that, yes, but that's simply how things developed.

>No, they took her in and then were going to release her when they didn't find any evidence
Carol literally was all "Fuck everyone, i can keep her locked for as long as i want. Watch me" before Tony and co showed up.

Guess I'll take this opportunity to ask.

The first Civil War was Iron Man vs Cap on the matter of Superhero registration.

What is Civil War II about, simply?

That was also advanced levels of keikaku from a certain other party to give vision of future to spoof a terrorist bombing.

>Who was in the wrong here?

whoever decided on the direction for this comic.

It was about trying to bandwagon the release of the Captain America: Civil War film.

and ripoff minority report

basically its about knowledge of the future and what to do with it

carol treated the knowledge as absolute and acted accordingly by trying to prevent it through whatever means
tony saw it as a possible future of many and acted by trying to figure out more how Ulysses worked and if there could be any errors

in the end both fucked up by treating thier way as the only way and letting personal shit affect thier judgement vs siting down and discussing it like adults causing way more destruction than necessary

Who's the bitch standing in Cpt. Americas place? Is this another of Marvels "equality" changes where they just throw women at us?

Tony's WAS the only way because it was explicitly proven in several instances that Ulysses knowledge of the future was flawed, could be manipulated, or was self-fulfilling.

Tony was forced into being a dick because Carol is a literal retard who should have just watched Minority Report and stopped the whole thing before it began.

Fake nerd that doesn't read comics detected. Carol Danvers was pro-reg arrest machine the last Civil War.

Literally this.

>tried to cash in on the upcoming movie
>ended up sinking their own ship
Serves them right.

Carol for going full fascist.

Tony for going full retard. He was right about the flaws in predictive justice, but it was just to make him feel better about blaming Carol for Rhodey's death.

Marvel citizens for idolizing someone who killed Iron Man. I know they're idiots, but holy shit.

Marvel for not realizing this was a shit story.

Iron Man has gone evil publicly twice in major events and needed to be reset to an earlier version of himself in like a decade.

> Dat Scarlet Witch issue where Robinson ridicules the whole thing.

"Consider me Switzerland."

For once, Wanda fucked Bendis, and it was delicious.

I hate the Civil War story with a passion but
> Captain America
> Spiderman
> The fucking Vision
If you don't choose that side you're ass bro

Marvel.

Heh. Carol had Storm the mutant traitor, Jean gay conversion therapy Grey, Alpha LOL, Maria should be in prison Hill, the Shithumans, and the Bendis ruined GotG.

Oh, I guess she had the Ultimates but the only 2 cool members of that group pretty much told her to eat shit and Blue Marvel warned her about everything in the beginning, yet was written like an asshole during the big fight regardless.

They were both wrong about some things and right about others.
Carol was right about using Ulysses' intel to stop threats before they happen and save lives. She was wrong about taking his intel as gospel and arresting people with no criminal record for stuff they didn't do. If Blue Marvel or Black Panther had been in charge of the program, things would have gone better.
Tony Stark was wrong about ignoring everything Ulysses said. He blamed Ulysses for Rhodey dying even though Ulysses provided valuable intel that helped them stop Thanos from killing a bunch of people; if it were up to him he would have just let Thanos kill everyone at Project PEGASUS. He was also wrong about attacking the Triskelion, it was pointless and destructive. He was right about the dangers that Minority Report could lead to, but really that was the aspect he focused the least on, he ranted more about how Ulysses was "going against the natural order" (somehow) and "MUH RHODEY".

The one using a flawed prediction model to unlawfully arrest citizens.

Don't forget killing Rhodey, which I'm convinced Bendis only did because he thought Rhodey was gonna die in the Civil War movie thanks to the trailer.

>thought the trailer was going to spoil his death

how retarded can Bendis get

Seriously. Im tired of bitching about mischaracterzation when the only reason Marvel even does this garbage is because moron readers refuse to demand a higher quality of product.

It's simple. If you stop buying bad comics they're stop making bad comics.

A lot of people thought this so it's not really just him being a retard

>thinking movie trailers spoil things

What a silly idea!

things that don't include the death of a character

those people are also retarded

THIS.

CWII was Marvel's best selling book for months. Of course Marvel will see how successful it was, and make more shitty events like it. YOU readers are the problem.

Carol was wrong, but my GOD, Tony was the biggest baby about everything.

Captain Hydra is an outstanding guy if you ignore his totalitarian tendencies. He wants order through strenght, but he is selfless and most likely not a racist.

Tony was an idiot as well. His arguments in the first issues were laughable, they basically boiled down to "You killed Rhodey!" and "Muh natural order of things", "Muh baby hitler"! If things had gone his way, then the earth would have been destroyed by a celestial or Thanos would be on his way to usurp the throne of the living tribunal.

Yeah, to Tony the Minority Report thing seemed like an afterthought. He was more focused on attacking Carol and Ulysses personally.

Tony.
I get the distinct impression people didn't actually read the comics, given how they drone on about Carol. Worst thing she did was bring in a suspected super terrorist for questioning.
Not to mention everyone would be fucknig D E A D from issue #1 forward were it not for her eeeeeeeevil agenda.

Yup, using Ulysses as a source of intel was the right call, Carol just took it a little too far and was too willing to take his word as absolute truth.
Tony on the other hand was unwilling to use Ulysses for anything, he would rather have people die than act on his visions even in situations when acting on the visions is perfectly reasonable and legal, like the Thanos situation. Not to mention, he's the one that instigated all the fighting, he threw all the punches and Carol's side defended itself.