He has seen Blade Runner 2049 less than 3 times

>he has seen Blade Runner 2049 less than 3 times

You’re not a pleb are you, user?

INTERLINKED

I watched the original last week and it's pretty mediocre

entry-level philosophical themes and a somewhat interesting aesthetic is all the movie has going for it

sequel any better?

Sequel is better than the original IMO.
Haven't seen it for the 2nd time yet though as I'm kinda poor atm.

Imo, there's much more thematic depth to the sequel. Lots of hidden shit everywhere.

The original Blade Runner was my favourite film of all time. I honestly think 2049 is better, it’s the perfect sci-fi film and I’m not memeing.

When I watched the first Blade Runner I thought about it all day and thought it was amazing (because it was). With 2049 I have been thinking about it for days and already booked the best seats to see it again.

>I saw it once on Friday, I'm seeing it again with my friend in IMAX tomorrow

Wait, do Americans really watch the same movies at the cinema twice? Is this to increase the chances that you are shot, or do Americans require multiple viewings to comprehend the movie?

I saw it in theaters and bought the soundtrack and will buy it on Blu-ray when it's available, what do you want from me?

Poland here, some movies are better watched in cinema, so sometimes I go watch them twice if I like it.

Croatiafag here, after I saw it the first time I started getting sad that I will never be able to replicate this experience once the film is only out on bluray, so might aswell go experience this in cinema while I can.

What did the original do

>do Americans
I’m English (or British since most people can’t tell the difference) and I’m going to watch it at the cinema again.

Why not? The film is fucking amazing and needs multiple watches to appreciate. Watching it on the big screen is the best experience so I’m going to take advantage of it while it’s still showing, my local cinema only charges £5 a ticket

Ah, so Europeans are mentally deficient as well. Understood. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, it seems!

>surface-level plot driven brainlet casual who watches films just to see the plot points unravel, not for the experience

>Is this to increase the chances that you are shot, or do Americans require multiple viewings to comprehend the movie?
kek'd

burger here, I never see a movie in theaters twice. After seeing it one I just wait for the Blu-ray and watch it again at that point. If studios started releasing their movies at a high premium to get them early via digital (like $50-60) I'd probably do it for stuff like Blade Runner 2049 as I'm impatient as fuck.

>having your life be so barren of experience and enjoyment you need to watch hollywood flicks multiple times to squeeze any meaning out of your time on this earth

Just the plebs that think they have tastes. Note that OP is phoneposting too which indicates a complete lack of discipline

i saw it for the first time saturday and have been too busy to go back. probably will go sometime this week when i've got a free afternoon.

if i like a film a lot i'll go see it a couple times if i get the chance or am just bored since the kinoplex is across the street from me. but 2049 is one of those rare films that almost demand being seen twice or three times on the big screen. it's just so rewarding to see it that way.

it's almost depressing as hell once you realize how rare true kino is, and that we'll likely not see another big budget film made to the same quality for a long time. shit it could be another decade before we get something that compares.

>having your life to be so delusional that you are willing to argue about the meaning of the time on this earth in a Blade Runner thread on an online mongolian sweater knitting imageboard while you indefinitely choose store fronts and vehicles for a Google bot

>implying I don't nigger the legacy captcha

>we'll likely not see another big budget film made to the same quality for a long time. shit it could be another decade before we get something that compares.
welp, time to die.

Going 2nd time on Friday. I can find 2D4dx thou I was looking for 3D. Should I or kosher is the way? Anyone experienced 4dx?

I'm considering seei g it a second time two and I'm german. First time I went I had an awful audience, the kids in the back row kept talking loudly throughout the entire showing. Kept me from enjoying it as much as I could have.

Or maybe I just wait till it's available on Blu-Ray.

Please don't watch this (or any film ever) in that 4D shit.
Do you think any director makes a film thinking "hmmm how can I make this better for the 4D shaking seat gimmick hmm"?

The sound of IMAX alone will give you a more "4D" experience than 4D itself.

what the fuck is this 4D shit? am i being meme'd on? all i was aware of was 3D...

Just that anyone who has actually seen BR and goes to watch 2049 expecting a superior movie, don't let the memes like this get to you. Original BR is a timeless masterpiece with all its flaws, while 2049 is "merely" a very good film even when it's more polished and has very interesting existential questions to explore.

i love the original BR. it's my go-to comfykino. i'm interested to see what kind of legs 2049 has with multiple viewings, an especially over the years what kind of following it'll have or even compare to the cult following of BR.

It's that gimick you can see in a few amusement parks.
"Special" seats that try to shake you as some action happens on screen, letting some similar smells from the scene you are currently viewing in the room, being sprayed on with water if it's a water scene etc. Not making this up, it's entirely ridiculous.

that sounds fucking awful

Braaas removed I think 2049 has legs. That said In 2049 we'll still be talking about the original BR and 2049 will be a footnote.

Yes, from one hand I get that from the other I can't help to want to elevate the feeling of awesomeness ( risking to fuck it up in the process ). So have you tried this 4DX thing?

Have heard about this but haven't given it a 2nd thought. Now I am considering.

I haven't seen the new BR yet, Is it kino?

Yes I tried it once for free and wanted to leave the theater 10 minutes in. I absolutely hate 3D, and this is 3D while your seat mildly shakes you for the entire film.
Don't ever do it user, you will elevate the "feeling of awesomeness" by going to the biggest screen with the most loud sound system possible

Europoor here, I watched TDKR 3 times in my local kinoplex back in 2012.

Yes user it's goddamn kino for fucks sake, are the countless threads and posts about it being one of the best cinema experiences of recent times not enough for you?

Thanks for the input user. It strikes me that opinions of people on Sup Forums sometimes impact my actions in real life. Yours probably will be one of those.