Vlc or Mpv?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnome-mpv.github.io/
github.com/u8sand/Baka-MPlayer
github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

install gentoo

>Watching kino on your PC.

Get plex, a media server or start burning DVDs and bluray.

Netflix

And media servers just play kino by themselves without software on them?

MPC

or, you know, hook it up to the tv with hdmi.

This. VLC can't process big one-coloured spaces or gradients. Fucking artifacts everywhere.

MPV if you are a virgin

MPV is the Linux of players. Huge hassle to set up for a minimal gain in whatever there is to be gained.

MPHC

VLC. Yeah I'm a pleb. I don't care.

VLC if you're a normie that doesn't know better

MPV if you've given up on human contact

MPC-HC w/ madVR if you're a high IQ stud that isn't plagued by autism or normalcy.

Actually I was thinking of MPC-HC there.

Please give me a run down on both. What are the respective advantages of VLC and MPV in direct comparison?

Potplayer and madVR

potplayer

VLC
Always.

K-lite mega codec pack.

/thread.

i'm probably the only one using KMP

This. Loads better

Matroska you stupid FUCK

I've only used VLC, are there any filetypes that work better on MPC or VLC better than the other?
I might download MPC-HC this week but I don't know anything about how it operates.

smplayer
its mpv without the autism

My knee grow

why even use mpv if you're not a power user?

MPV is the best one since is on linux
If you don't use linux you are a brainlet anyway

Is there an mpv with a standard gui? I just want something that stays open, and can copy/paste a link for streaming.

How the fuck is MPC-HC a hassle at all?

Mpv has a minimal GUI, and all its functions are accessibly via the keyboard.
>and can copy/paste a link for streaming
Simply type in command line "mpv your-link" assuming you have youtube-dl installed.
Why is this so hard for some people?

I don't even know how to use command line. mpv just opens and closes when you double click on it. I can only use it by making it the default player for all vieos and double clicking on the vids.

>using anything but VLC

mpc hc

vlc is for retards
mpv is for tryhards

This
God bless this

MPC-HC with the CCCP codec pack.

pot player.

>don't even know how to use command line
Time to learn how to use a computer, then. Stop clicking everything like a braindead imbecile and hoping it works.

Windows 10 native application "Movies and TV" since it has the most accurate (and best working) HDR playback support.

Both madVR and MPV produce wrong kind of image with HDR, so they can go fuck themselves for the time being.

I seriously hope you guys aren't falling for the MPV meme.

Reminder that if you dont use MPC+madVR you don't know shit about anything

what is this?

MPC HC

Stop spreading this false narrative already.

madvr

>baawwww I need to learn to use a terminal and read a manual

Why is Sup Forums so stupid? You guys will never catch up to Sup Forums at this rate.

plex

>he doesn't know mpv is feature parity with madVR

>be linuxcuck
>can only use MPV
>i-it's the best I swear!

>be windowscuck
>can't read source code
>all personal information sold to companies and government

you know you can just connect a tv to your computer, right? and even if you had a dedicated computer for this (also known as a media server), you would still have to decide between vlc and mpv

i recently started using mpv. wish i heard of it earlier

How do you added films to plex that tied to a torrent, exactly? Can you organize and label them on plex without altering the original files at all?

yet you still post on the interbutt, where the whole https thing is basically a lie and the gov has a database on all the shit you've done for the past 10 years

You open source wackoffs are the worst. Like you could even understand a great portion of it or you have the fucking time to audit it. You just trust some other pack of niggers like retard stallmanu and suck their disgusting unwashed kike dicks.

fag.

>be linuxcuck
>enter discussion about video software
>b-b-ut muh rights! muh freedoms!

>not realizing cross platform programs are the future.

Yes, just point plex to the folders with your torrents and it will automatically parse metadata and organise your movies neatly.

muh.. muh linux

>be linuxfag
>thinks the government doesn't have everything on him already

linux can use VLC

Reminder that you clearly don't know shit about anything, since madVR cannot properly playback HDR material and is literally worse than native Windows 10 application "Movies & TV" regards to this.

You need to go back.

>VLC
*inhales*

>CCCP codec pack
fucking hell user, this isn't 2008 anymore, if are too lazy setting up MADVR yourself then you're better off getting KCP than CCCP

What if the metadata isn't correct or sloppy? Can you edit it and have that information be store on plex without altering the files? Also what kind of router do you need in order to have a reliable video stream? Is it demanding?

>the whole https thing is basically a lie
huh?

>Can you edit it and have that information be store on plex without altering the files?
Yes you can edit metadata in plex
>Also what kind of router do you need in order to have a reliable video stream? Is it demanding?
You can choose quality and encoding levels. If you can stream something like Netflix in HD you should be fine here too

Apparently it has trouble playing MKV files? How does subtitle selection work?

I never even managed to get it to display a control bar in fullscreen, and I think I couldn't even pause the video in fullscreen or something. The fullscreen functions in that program were completely fucked.

>Apparently it has trouble playing MKV files?
Can't say I've ever had any issues but I can't speak for others
>How does subtitle selection work?
It'll take .srt, .ass or most embedded subtitles and show them in a selection menu in the player

>What if the metadata isn't correct or sloppy? Can you edit it and have that information be store on plex without altering the files?
I think it has to be REALLY sloppy. It has identified every single movie I have, and they're from all over the place. And if the situation do arise, it should be easy to solve.

>Also what kind of router do you need in order to have a reliable video stream? Is it demanding?
I just use some standard router that came with the ISP and I can't remember having any trouble. Just downlaod it and try.

MPV if you're not a fag and you appreciate kino of the highest order

>but m-m-muh GUI
>but m-m-muh installation

grow up

mpv > potplayer >>>>>>>>>>>> mpc >>>>>>> vlc > wmp

mpv

so mpv it is? Do i need to install some extra code packs or is everything included in the standard version you download from their website?

>don't know shit about media players, always used VLC

you sound like a brainlet, just stick with vlc

patrician: mpv
pleb: mpc-hc
normal people: vlc

if you actually use MPV you are literally human cattle

normal people: windows built-in video player
everything else is autism

start here

why tell lies on the internet? why?

Elder Patrician: MPC+madVR+XySubFilter

These MPC cucks have been lying to us holy shit

How do you find a plex server to jew off of? No, I don't have any friends with plex.

IINA

whomst here uses private trackers,a 50'' tv and deluge webui to watch kino?

MPCH+madVR if you care about watching stuff
MPV if you care more about telling people that you watch stuff and which software you use

thanks

mfw

>11gb for a movie
lol whats the point of a private tracker when something public like YIFY has much better filesizes?

nice b8 m8

>62" flatscreen tv
>2.0 stereo sound
>rtorrent+ruttorent, transmission-daemon
>45TB seedbox
>250/20 internet
>memberships on all the top private trackers
>mostly untouched BDs and remuxes
Who /patrician/ here?

gnome-mpv.github.io/
github.com/u8sand/Baka-MPlayer
github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt

I'm still using Gom Player. Am I a retard?

What the fuck is secret cinema? Never even heard it being mentioned on any other PT forum

shhhh bb... its a secret

Movie tracker with KG/CG-type content. Fairly new with ~5000 torrents but it has a nice design and it's shaping up nicely. Everyone who's a member was given 20 invites so it shouldn't be hard to get in if you want to.

>github.com/u8sand/Baka-MPlayer

It works but it hasn't been updated in 2 years.

smplayer is a better option.

IINA

MPC if you use windows, MPV if you use a real OS and/or care about audio

>He doesn't use PotPlayer64 bit

How pathetic, honestly.