/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Should Old Acquaintance be Forgot Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.html

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #26

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/jakelloyd
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker
time.com/4247888/mark-hamill-says-luke-skywalker-could-be-gay/
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Free_Dac_Volunteers_Engineering_Corps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LIES

Reminder that Aphra wants to fuck Vader

DECEPTION

>from a post-EU purge book

>Should Old Acquaintance be Forgot
Yes. Yes he should.

he's more machine now than man

in the butt

Eighth for Mandalwhore.

Hey now, Gar Saxon is a man of wealth and taste! You take that back.

Which book?

Absolutely Everything has been established for months as not being reliable. Pablo doesn't consider it canon; Leland Chee does, but admits it has a lot of stuff there that shouldn't be, like that pic.

was that from that 1000 things to know about star wars book? I think that got retconned

also I found this image on /k/, is this from the R1 concept art book? I really liked the MC75 but I can't get a decent scan or photo

This one, but as pointed out, we've known for a while that it has a bunch of shit in it that isn't canon so the book can't really be counted on

To be fair he did tell them to get out, so it's not their fault

I was only able to take garbage phone cam pics

More sexy MC75 pics please.

Dont tell me the bridge is all the way down at the bottom

General Raddus survives Rogue One! It's true!

He separates the bridge section (which was staffed with all the Mon Clas) from the ridiculous lower fin tower and then rockets off into space while shouting, "So long, fuckers!' as those guys are getting Vader raped.

Sadly he hyperspace jumped directly into the Max which he was surprised to learn was still canon.

It is.

Gar Saxon is eskimo brothers with half the galaxy

WHY

Only because he's pimping himself out to the Empire. That's a sell out, not a whore.

Because Raddus has balls of steel

Why not?

Reminder that there's no canon gays in Star Wars so you buttslut faggos imposing your degenerate fetishes in this thread are literally autistic.

>he doesn't know

They built it wrong as a joke.

Raddus: "Ensign Flipper, raise the shields!"
Flipper: "Sir, shields are up! Sir, shields are now at 50% due to having to stretch to cover the bridge."
Raddus: "FUCK YOU! It's not a bridge, it's the Mayoral Palace!"

Poor Galen.
We should post this on twitter to confuse normies

I've also got this better res picture where you can actually read some of it, but the guy who originally made it captured too damn much glare

Now I know why Raddus's ship looked so familiar.

So I've been playing KOTOR for the first time after hearing all the hubbub, and while it's not a bad game at all (even if it has aged horribly), am I the only one who finds it ironic how people gave TFA shit for being criminally derivative yet KOTOR is also the same? I mean, Taris is Alderaan (with upper Taris also being Coruscant), T3-M4 is R2, HK-47 is a murderous 3PO (and there are more 3PO-like protocol droids in the game too), Zaalbar is Chewbacca, Darth Malak is Darth Vader (bald cyborg Sith Lord), Vandar Tokare is Yoda, the Sith Empire is the Galactic Empire, the Star Forge is the Death Star (McGuffin artifacts the bad guys use), the Jedi get BTFO (not as badly as in before ANH but still). Hell, they've even got a sequence similar to the TIE Fighter attack on the Millennium Falcon as a gameplay feature.

Sheesh. I'm surprised they didn't give Calo Nord green Mandalorian armor, or at least a jetpack.

>The Emperor approves Krennic's master plan titled Project: A Galen for Every Night of the Week
>Krennic isn't dead to enjoy it

HAHA, and people think only Poggle canon trolled Krennic.

Moff Mors is a canon lesbian

Not sure if this is canon anymore, but some seppie ships were designed by the Mon Cal's israscible neighbors the Quarren, who sided with the CIS, hence a similar, but "evil" aesthetic.

According to the Rogue One VD, having a bunch of shit hanging off your ship increases shield coverage in a positive way, I guess sort of like a tent's fabric stretched between struts.

:^) ok

Who wants to be the first to tell him that Wendig made Wedge canon gay?

Nice shitpost.

but that's wrong, its just a bunch of random nobody characters that wendig invented for the book he'd never get away with doing that to established ones

>Some people think her capacity with the Force was unrealistic but, well, that can be debated back and forth.

No it fucking can't. The abilities she uses in the force, even in NuCanon, are clearly defined and were before and after TFA and she's the only one allowed to break those rules. Ezra took years to get down Mind Trick and he's explicitly a prodigy. LUKE tried that shit for years and had a string of humiliating failures for his trouble.

The few things she does that aren't explicitly force related could be justified. She closes the door at the exact right second. She flies through passes narrower than the death star 2 run with no copilot outnumbered and never gets hit. She navigates a base she's never been in with less trouble than any OT infiltration. That's fine, you can say the force helped her.

But then she starts waving her hand and suddenly she can instantly push Mind Trick to more extremes than any character has in any context except maybe Palpatine at his absolute strongest in the old EU. Then she grabs the Lightsaber first try -a feat that again even Luke under Disney took like a month of practice and heavy personal loss to even get minimal results on-, beats a thirty year old man who's been doing this from maybe longer than she's even been alive(but his training somehow isn't complete at thirty fucking years old).

Rey doesn't just break the old EU rules. We can accept those are gone and past. She breaks the new rules that were literally designed around supporting a story that's all about HER.

(you)s aren't a thing anymore but the Sarlacc still feeds off your replies.

Dude, how did you not know the whole Rebel Alliance was gay? That's why the pilots are called Wedge and Porkins and Biggs. Hell, Luke earned the name Wormie on Tatooine. Even Mark Hamill has admitted as much.

Remember when we found Jake Lloyd's Steam account?

steamcommunity.com/id/jakelloyd

oh for a minute I thought you were actually sincere in your belief, now I know you're just trolling and not contributing to the conversation by informing that the anti-gay poster was wrong

>some of them called him "Wormie"
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker

>now I know you're just trolling
It's called a joke, user. You getting butt flustered over obvious humor isn't helping. Lighten the fuck up.

You sure that's actually him?

i meant the "hurrdurr everyone is gay even mark said so" stuff, I thought we were talking about how the guy who said "gays aren't canon" is wrong
I personally hate the idea of gays in star wars but that doesn't stop me from wishing there were futas

What species do you want to be recanonized? What species should stay noncanon?

>being this new

>spoiler
So what you're saying is, you don't want to see your own kind in Star Wars.

They've been mentioned in newer sourcebooks, but I want them to use the Duloks and Gorax in stuff again.

I love the old Ewoks subfranchise.

What are you talking about? Ezra had deep issues with the Mind Trick because he had trouble opening up to people. Without that he couldn't even control animals. When he was desperate he was flooded by the Force and summoned a big ass Fyrnock.

So Luke failed? Okay, but we know Luke has massive issues that got in the way of his abilities. Yoda shoved this in his face in ESB.

Nobody needs the Force to close a door, Obi-Wan is just lazy. The main engines of a SSD are fucking huge, easily as big as the parts of the Death Star II Lando flew through, and even if they weren't we've known since TPM that untrained Force Users can benefit from heightened reflexes. Lining up the shot was far more impressive than flying through massive engine given normies have done that. If you absolutely NEED a canon Sue for flying look at Poe, That fucker does impossible every day of the week.

And she didn't wave her hand to do the Mind Trick. Know why? He hadn't loosened her restraints yet. If she manages it once after several tries but never does so again, it seems less like a super power and more a lucky gambit from a desperate woman. Which it was. The fact we know she invaded Kylo Ren's mind as he was actively using a power, and the power transfers knowledge, makes it easier.

As for her combat skills, what the fuck are you on? Kylo Ren was wounded by a bow caster that threw men across rooms, then ran and caught up with them. She's too much for you when she relies on the Force? Finn didn't and even he managed to wound Kylo Ren, something she didn't do before relying on the Force.

Bothans. To both questions. I'd like to see what they actually look like but I think goat-people belong in the dustbin of eu history, especially when we have Gran.
It's not gay to want to be a futa that fucks girls

its like a space zeppelin

I liked Thrawn's assassin race slaves. Are they canon yet?

Again, it is a joke. An old joke about the names of the Rebel pilots. The Mark aspect is semi-true for Luke only insofar as Hamill, when asked about Luke's sexuality, said he has no problem with people imagining it either way. Kissing his sister made him gay, he's bi, or he was just confused in his feelings when he felt his connection to Leia via the Force (that last one is canon even when he's straight).

No, and also (you)s just came back?

Looks like I don't have to delete this anymore

>As for her combat skills, what the fuck are you on?
She shows an ability to bring the ruckus well before her fight with Ben. Her first meeting with Finn, for instance.

That said she lived on East St. Louis the planet, on her own. You don't live like that and NOT learn how to defend yourself.

Yes. For now.

Here's Hamill's view on the matter.

time.com/4247888/mark-hamill-says-luke-skywalker-could-be-gay/

there sure were a lot of wildly clickbait articles about a tweet that was just mark avoiding stepping on toes

She beat up a couple of low level thugs who weren't even trying to defeat her, only steal a droid, and then later tripped up Finn. Which isn't amazing for her, it is merely character consistency for him given he gets TR-8Red and then Kylo'ed.

Really puts his moment shouting, "I'm in charge now, Phasma! I'm in charge!" in a whole other light. He just wanted to feel like a winner for once, dammit!

Well remember, more people have seen TFA than have ever played KOTOR, so you're going to get a larger quantity of criticisms for the former.

>AAAAAAA THIS CANT BE HAPPENING IM IN CHARGE HERE

The Massassi (which are actually canon now), but only if they look like Abominations. Sith Purebloods are so boring looking.

According to that article it wasn't a tweet, it was something he told The Sun and more about the nature of "fan mail" having changed. People feel more open to reaching out electronically to celebrities, apparently, and opening up their personal lives. You could call it seeking validation or whatever, I don't really care, it is what it is.

I think Mark handled it quite well. He's a real nice guy and isn't about to just tell people what he thinks about the character is the truth and they need to deal.

It's a natural human trait to roleplay your heroes and kids have been pretending to be Luke for a very long time. He's just saying he's fine if they want to believe their hero is like them, too. It's exactly what I'd have expected Mark to say.

Post What if stories you really want

And then the planet blows up.

What if Anakin killed Sheev on Mustafar after killing Obi-Wan, like in that alternate RotS ending? And Padme also survived.

>Leia
>Strong in the Force.

What if qui gon had lived to train Anakin

>royal guards spend their last moments alive shitposting on an anonymous holovid website

I don't think anything would've changed with Anakin's training. The real change would've been Dooku.

So who's gonna win the Reybowl? Poe or Finn?

Sandor.
Get Hype

I want to write a ROTS Infinities about what if Anakin had helped Mace kill Sheev.

Spoilers: we still get a Galactic Empire. But it's a JEDI Galactic Empire

Post things you want to see in either Episode 8 or 9.

>but some seppie ships were designed by the Mon Cal's israscible neighbors the Quarren, who sided with the CIS
The Free Dac volunteers? They're canonized due Tarkin.

Did this happen in the Ashoka book?

Anakin would have become a great Jedi Master. Qui-Gon is the only person Anakin would've listened too. He probably would've stomped out Palpatine's bullshit since Qui-Gon was the real father figure.

Guarantee Qui-Gon would've taken Anakin back to see his mother.

>Episode 8 starts with a 1 hour long podracing scene in a single continuous shot.
>When the race is over everyone takes off their helmets to reveal that they are all the main characters from past movies
>No explanation is given for this but it sounded amazing in surround sound so nobody complained

Anakin would have gone back to visit his mom every year and she would still be alive. Nothing bad would have happened.

I'm surprised nobody ever bothered doing many "what if" stories on the prequels, there are like a million small events that could have changed everything very dramatically.

were they actually called that in the book? I didn't think the name Dac for the planet was ever seriously considered by LSG, it's always been Mon Cala

The Gree back in canon.

The Yuuzhan Vong stay the fuck gone.

>there are like a million small events that could have changed everything very dramatically.
What if Padme was barren?

The curious thing about Rey's Mind Trick is if she was trying to duplicate via the Force what Kylo Ren did to her, it wasn't so much a real Mind Trick as it was the Dark Side ability Domination. Just like Jedi might gain insights via the Force but don't rip information from minds with the Force. You can insinuate or suggest, trick, but you it relies more on their weak will than exerting your own will to break someone's mind. The Jedi tried a compulsion version on Cad Bane and it was considered very dangerous, allowable only because they were desperate. Yet another Jedi compromise of their beliefs they felt was justified.

But that's only if she's trying to copy what Kylo Ren did. Personally I think it was just the Force. If you watch the scene her first two attempts are halting, uncertain. When he's in front of her her demeanor suddenly. Her breathing slows, her eyes focus, and her voice takes on an almost robotic quality. You can see a change come over her again during her duel with Kylo Ren after he mentions the Force. It's not like she's using any abilities or skills of her own so much as the Force appears to be pretty much controlling her. And that is definitely NOT the way the Force is supposed to work. I'm not saying it breaks canon because the Force can guide actions. I'm saying she cannot rely on the Force always fighting her battles for her and just call herself a Jedi. You cannot just let the Force direct you, you have to learn to direct it.

People think she's too super awesome with the Force when really she's in a very dangerous position. In the last half of her fight with Kylo her technique is shit but she keeps the blade where it needs to be. If you look at her expression, though, she seems to be rocking way too much anger. If she lets the Force control her she's vulnerable to the Dark Side. Look needs to kick some sense into her and be her backpack while she runs.

then there wouldn't be a story, the entire franchise is predicated on her offspring and her husbands fear of losing her in the process of giving birth to them

Luke and Leia are adopted

Those aren't Gree, they're merely ambassadors of the future One True Gree.

He got his head lopped off, he's not the true Gree!

He'll have to try elsewhere, then
>Luke and Leia are half-Togruta in the new timeline

>What are you talking about? Ezra had deep issues with the Mind Trick because he had trouble opening up to people.

Are you claiming, therefore, that Rey of all people is an open and loving individual? Miss "Stop holding my hand!" is that guy?

>As for her combat skills, what the fuck are you on?

He was beating her until he let her take 30 seconds to close her eyes and use the force, then it was one sided in the other direction.

It's Mon Calamari, Mon Cala and Dac. Just like Moraband was also known as Korriban in the past.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Free_Dac_Volunteers_Engineering_Corps

Jesus that's almost worse than cheeto trooper

>what
Go on....