The good thing about this movie is that you can pinpoint the exact moment it goes to shit

The good thing about this movie is that you can pinpoint the exact moment it goes to shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/76654619
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope, act 3 was fine. It's a popular reddit meme to pretend something was wrong with it.

The third act is always when the director loses enthusiasm for his initial idea and says "fuck it"

why was Cillian Murphey such a white knight faggot?
They probably would have let him join in on the raping if he was a bro

People do this with Sunshine too and I have no problem with Jason Voorhees Mark Strong.
>muh glaring tonal shift
Shup faggot

>Sunshine, 28 days later, Trainspotting

The third act being awful is Danny Boyle's trademark.

I always turn it off the second it becomes a slasher.

Having half of your zombie flick turn into 'let's rape the black chick' was truly weird.

I dunno, I quite liked watching an Irishman running around and murdering British soldiers

Because they fucked up his omelette. Unforgivable.

Do you turn off your brain also.

don't forget Trainspotting 2 when Begbie goes all slasher movie villain in true Boyle form. What a pile of pigshit!

Literally happens in the book.

It's Danny Boyles trademark, did exactly the same thing with Sunshine too

>People do this with Sunshine too and I have no problem with Jason Voorhees Mark Strong.
It was really fucking weird the first time I watched it, but I really appreciate a movie that manages to completely juke my expectations. Too many fucking movies I have every major plot point figured out in the first 10 minutes and I just get fucking bored watching everything play out exactly as expected.
That being said, I can understand why some people have a problem with it.
Even then, I don't know if anyone really HATES it, I mean it's normally just an argument about the people who really liked the last half, and people who only kind of liked it.

Did you know those eggs were off user?

>faggy soldiers spend half their lives with other soldiers
>only a few weeks have passed since the infection
>we need pussy and life goals now or we'll kill ourselves
Yeah, great writing.

Do people just not realize the psych indian was all foreshadowing?

>turns out man was the real monster all along.

na I thought the climax was more effective because it was less intense before. That eye gouge still haunts me. I must say though the acting was terrible, the tone was good but the acting ruined it and the low production values really showed

But that's the theme of almost every zombie movie ever made.

Uhh sweetie.. it's not that they NEED pussy. It's that it's the end of the world and they can do whatever the fuck they want because they have guns and numbers. Don't you know it's normal for soldiers to rape local women during war?

The guy literally says that one of his soldiers was about to kill himself because muh no more pussi and no life goals and that he promised his soldiers pussi and life goals.

Doesn't sound likely. From films I know that 5'8" women can always balletically crack the windpipes even of Spec Ops guys on a whim, and can usually take out several at a time. It makes me wonder a bit why we have men in the army/security at all really, they're crap at fighting. Just like, draft a bunch of ninja cheerleaders or something.

I thought the s-salt would cover the taste, Sir

If you didn't notice, the soldiers thought that the entire world was zombified, meaning that they thought there literally was no more pussy in the entire world. Which would be no different than them having had their dicks cut off and living life as a eunuch. How hard is it to understand that the prospect of never being with a woman again could make a man go insane?

Nope, it was absolutely perfect until the third act. It slightly ruined the film.

For me a lot of what made this movie stand out (and I think most of the people who saw it in the theaters) is how hard it's finger was on the pulse.
It saw wide release in the US in like the summer of '03. Which was during the invasion of iraq. 9/11 was still a fresh wound, and we're seeing videos of people frothing at the mouth to murder other people whole sale on both sides. It was fucking spooky, and the rage virus was a great metaphor for what it felt like at that time.

can you just shut up?

rude wow.

can you even IMAGINE not having sex or even being in close proximity to a woman for four weeks?? it must have been a living hell for those soldiers

I prefer the alternate ending, it goes more with the bleakness. vimeo.com/76654619

>The guy literally says that one of his soldiers was about to kill himself because muh no more pussi and no life goals
So the implication is that forever alone basement dwelling neckbeards will weather the zombie apocalypse, probably without even noticing.

He's got a point, the early scene with all the missing persons flyers was really reminiscent of the aftermath of 9/11, pretty neat since that was likely filmed (or at least conceived) long before. Don't be an asshole without offering a counter-argument, user

>How hard is it to understand that the prospect of never being with a woman again could make a man go insane?

You can shut up too.

Sgt. Farrel should have survived and helped Jim on his rampage. This skinny twink was scared of his own shadow for 3/4 of the film suddenly can butcher almost 10 soldiers by himself?

It's the thought of there being no more women in the world at all, and so what's the point of living if there is no hope for a future. Are you a brainlet?

No Sir, I haven't even gotten pedantic about calling 28 days later a "Zombie Movie" yet. >that was likely filmed (or at least conceived) long before.
Production actually began early september 2001. And I think the empty-london scenes were shot before the 11th.

I guess British military men are complete pussies because American men would continue to live just to fuck shit up every night with all the hardware at their disposal. American men love guns as much as pussy. That is why your country is weak!

>Production actually began early september 2001
I mean shooting, not production.

You mean the alternative ending that was dropped because it makes no fucking sense?

i dropped my drink in the theater when the car alarm went off it cause I jumped

Why didnĀ“t just Jim join them and rape them together ? Did he want to keep them only for himself ?

Right but then it turns a full 180 halfway through.

>act 3 was fine
Yes, it was fine. But the little twink main character becoming fucking Rambo all of the sudden was dumb as shit.

he was infected with rage

Wait, you guys are complaining about the best part of 28 Days Later? Is this a meme or are you all retarded?

>only good soldier was Scottish

based boyle

Are you implying that Begbie going full revenge mode in England, a country famous for lack of firearms, goes against his character?

>Its been two weeks my men can't cope and need to rape every woman we come in contact with now
>Somehow the mc is able to kill 5 soldiers or someshit

Was Manchester burning a deeper allegory or foreshadowing of something that I missed?

Dis

BAKA!

The latter

So you're saying Burgers would sate themselves with homosex? That makes sense based on your prison films I guess, but we'd call that gay.

Having no sex/just masturbating doesn't warp your mind until it's unsalvagable you dumb nitwit.
>inb4 virgin
Not an argument

It does if you've ever had sex before, virgin.

No it doesn't

Jim's mistake was trusting Doctor Who.

also
>mfw Frank says goodbye to Hannah

>the empty-london scenes

Is there a behind the scenes video or commentary on how they accomplished this? Always thought that was the most impressive thing about the film.

>twink mc gets BTFO'd by one of the soldiers
>has no problem beating him the next day because based boyle directing the movie
>for some reason mc won't pick up any of the guns because boi got rage or some shieet

Yeah at the start lmao

>until it's unsalvagable

They shot it early in the morning and they diverted traffic for literally just long enough to get the shot.
I really want to say there's a director commentary worth listening to.

what movie

The Cuckold

wish I had ears like him, they look so tactical.