Jesus christ that was the most depressing ending to a movie ive ever seen

Jesus christ that was the most depressing ending to a movie ive ever seen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rrZk9sSgRyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

go and watch The Mist (2007) to see a real depressing ending

What was depressing about it?

It wasn't muh happy ending where muh protag gets muh waifu and muh baddies are all gone and muh conflicts are all muh resolved

Fuck off

>K only love is Joi
>Joi dies
>K only reason for existence is his newfound humanity
>He really wasn't human and wasn't born naturally
>He doesn't even have a father
>Dies alone

jesus fuck

Does it have meme aesthetic thats pander to my videogame mindset?

We don't know if he's dead.

wrong dude photo my bad senpai

user, I ...

user, I .....

all his moments are lost in time

like tears *gulp* in rain

time to die

Why did Deckard say Rachel’s eyes were green when they were brown?

To fuck with the cuck since he’s blind and doesn’t know shit

That isn't depressing.
He found a cause and went through with it like a real human bean.

he had nothing else to live for after joi

they are green f

STOP

Can someone explain the resistance cult thing at the end?

The blond hooker was also a replicant? And who was the older leader lady? Was she from the first one?

Except all his moments will be frozen in time and remembered forever. Like tears in snowfall.

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

I legitimately laughed at that ending. Terrible cheap shock value with zero relation to the narrative. Plays out like a comedy sketch.

was I the only one who whispered "time to die" as K died and tears in the rain played in the background?

I was about to cry

Mackenzie Davis was a Replicant, which is why the other hooker warned her that he was Brade Runnah.

Older lady, she was apparently there when Rachel had the miracle baby.

When they started playing those few notes it brought a legit tear to my eye. Fucking beautiful.

No. And then I walked out of the theater crying.

>you think you are special
>you are not
>well at least you used to have exceptional love which shouldn't be possible
>you don't

It's actually quite hopeful and K ends up being entirely content, he even smiles for the first time in the entire film.

He was programmed to serve as a Blade Runner, and he had impetus as a replicant to serve the rebellion and kill Deckard.
He did neither, he transcended his programming, he sacrificed his life to reunite Deckard and his daughter because he understood what it was to love another person, in the end.

The weather changes finally progresses from rain to snow in the final scene to mark K's progression from replicant to a human being.

I think I watched the 2 trailers once and nothing else. Did the marketing ever say K is a replicant? Because they say that in the first 5 minutes in the movie.

It takes 5 seconds to put two and two together and gather that he is a replicant.

i

but he is a snowflake in the snow, a human replicant among the many slaves of wallace.

inside the glass the daughter is special but can't even touch the snow

No they didn't. It was spoiled by a phoneposter on the Sup Forums approx. 40s after the first showing started.

Found it uplifting. Dying for the right cause is the most human thing we can do.

But how do we define the 'right cause'?

Checkmate, philosophy 101

K decided it was the right cause so it was the right cause.

Why didn't Deckard or anyone help him? He literally just left him on the steps.

K is the one that flew them out there, what is Deckard supposed to do?

its not that depressing. i bet wallace made a Luv2.0

He died for a cause nobody will remember for a person who didn't really care.

That's just the way of it all.

i felt terrible for laughing

I felt the film was terrible, so I laughed.

>Checkmate, philosophy 101
maybe eisenbergs problem of evil is more your taste

Why is it that everyone is ignoring how kino that one scene was?

It's barely been mentioned anywhere other than here.

it was literally the end of Drive, again which is okay

Watch more movies, faggot.

>What am I to you?
K's tiny smile in response tells me he was at peace. It mattered to him and that's enough

In one of the first trailers you see him run through the wall when deckard is running to his car right before they kidnap deckard and leave k for dead.

he just wanted to be a real human been

>We don't know if he's dead.

Yeah....we do.

only nu-males think this ending was depressing. a life of a man is a life of sacrifice. note that the first scene is of a very large alpha male throwing ryan gosling through a wall (representing a psychological barrier the modern man has with genuine self-sacrifice motivated by belief and not suboordination). real men know this... get used to it...

remember, men are disposable - this seemingly depressing fact actually provides a lot of freedom

>movie
its a flick my dude

I just remember not being sure if K would live or not, but as soon as that music started playing I knew he was leaving forever, but leaving on his own terms, doing what he decided to do was right, not anyone else telling him. He died a real boy, under his own will and determination, making his own sense of value and worth that wasn't based on what others wanted him to do.

The ending is taken straight from Children of Men (2006). IT'S THE EXACT SAME FUCKING PLOT

He may not have been aware that K was stabbed during the fight with Luv.

where it says that he is dead? he just closes his eyes

No, it is Bebop

yeah, well
the story is fictional but the situational feels are real

If you think that ending was depressing, you didn't get it.

Have you seen Chinatown, boy?

def got a cowboy beboop vibe from this film love me some space cowboyism

>K wants to just be real and have a soul
>realizes the Memory maker is the "real" one
>shes real but can never go into the real world and experience things the way they really are
>K believes he is not real but chooses to die for a cause and experiences everything first hand

>Hey we're a resistance group of replicants go kill Deckard so he won't talk to Wallace corp!
>Hey skinner you're a blade runner thats your job you listen to orders and do what you're told! Your baseline is way off!
>Where the hell is the child? We need it to dissect and figure out how replicants can reproduce for our massive army of slaves to populate the galaxy!
>K decides against all of those in lieu of reuniting a father and daughter that were forced to seperate

Well Watanabe did animate Blade Runner Blackout 2022. Villeneuve got "3 creators I admire" to do the three prequel projects.
youtu.be/rrZk9sSgRyQ

That's one badass birb.

Protip: if the perfect girlfriend/wife to the protagonist dies in any film or tv show, the protagonist will probably die too since they'll have nothing to live for

Should I watch Blade Runner 2049 for the 3th time? Say when BR2049 is released on blue ray, should I buy it too? Would Sup Forums buy BR2049?

Movie was beautiful but It didn't really leave much of an impression on me. Thought it was pretty long and boring. Glad the doggo didn't die.

It wasn't that depressing. It was bittersweet and dealt with redemption. Jesus Christ.

SELF-SACRIFICE HURR DURRRR HURRR SO DEPP HURRRRRRRRRRR

>theme of the movie is that people are terrible, but some people are good, and that humanity can overcome its terrible aspect
>protagonist succumbs to human weakness by killing the people he loves and who have supported him in order to spare them, only to find out that it was completely pointless
>"zero relation to the narrative"

Is everybody on Sup Forums retarded?

I didn't love the ending, but you're overreacting to a simple explanation as to why the ending wasn't depressing.

He lives in Drive