What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?

We'll never know for certain.

We do know he had control issues, seemed to deeply enjoy torturing his little brother, and was outraged incredibly when called out on his abuse.

I would wager there's a good chance Eddy's brother was physically if not emotionally abused for quite some time. His young appearance and living situation at his workplace suggests that he moved out of his parent's house as soon as possible. Considering how much stuff Eddy's brother left behind in his wake for Eddy to claim the evidence seems to back up my theory.

If abuse genuinely occurred the older brother's more violent, rebellious tendencies may suggest that he fought back against his father or mother. Eddy's preference for running away and/or cowering in the face of danger is another clue which could mean abuse at home. Potentially Eddy was protected by his older brother.

What doesn't make sense is the older brother's abuse for Eddy instantly upon seeing his younger brother. I seem to recall Eddy mentioning his older brother not responding to him or something similar.

Maybe their parents remarried and Eddy was left in a safer, loving household surrounded by friends making the older brother filled with jealousy.

Maybe the older brother began hating Eddy due to Eddy's simpering cowardly nature, having left Eddy behind on purpose to feel the brunt of their abuser's rage.

Perhaps dealing with his job, life, and inner rage has caused him to become his abuser.

He was a sociopath.

He was the good guy, Eddy stole his comb and weed one too many times, so he locked up his room before leaving for college. It was when his mom called him almost towards the end of summer that Eddy has broken in did he finally have enough. Upcoming exams didn't help to relieve his stress and he needed to finish those before confronting his little brother.

Next thing he knows, some hookers gang rape him. The end.

This was surprisingly well thought out holy shit

I think it's just 'cause he's gay.

I don't think a guy living in a whale trailer at a carnival has any exams to worry about.

>His young appearance and living situation at his workplace suggests that he moved out of his parent's house as soon as possible. Considering how much stuff Eddy's brother left behind in his wake for Eddy to claim the evidence seems to back up my theory.
Don't forget his first question was "Mom an' Dad know you're here?" like he was cautious if they were with Eddy.

I'm writing a book I hope will be a series.

You bet your sweet, delicious, candy ass that I'm gonna overthink character intention.

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!

Holy shit. My theory may be fucking valid.

Could also be that Eddy's brother was the abuser, and he asked about Mom and Dad because there might be legal repercussions if he's anywhere close to Eddie.

This guy was basically the only "lore" EEnE ever had. Was that what made it so poignant?

I feel like a really easy way to come to hate someone is feeling like they think they're better than you and then being separated from them for a long time. Eddy never quit sucking Bro's dick though, so I don't know why Bro would dislike him in the first place.

He was an actual sociopath. Not like a shitty older brother or regular dickhead, no he was kind of evil.

Tell me the theme of your shit. Not the plot, or the setting, but the themes. This is how you separate good stories from shit stories.

If Eddy's brother was the abuser all along it only leads me to question who fucked him up so bad that he enjoys hurting lesser humans.

And how the fuck is he working at an Amusement Park?

Does he run a ride that makes kids scream and cry or... Is he doing something untowards?

Oh... Oh no... What if the Cankers find evidence of things while teaching him to not hurt Ed, Edd, and Eddie?

I... I kinda hope they murdered him in that potential universe.

Abuse going on in the household is very possible. Eddy and his brother's father was hinted to be short tempered.

Also, victims of abuse are known to grow into abusers themselves, so Eddy probably just became an easy target for his brother in later years.

God damn, that was a good post.

The... Themes?

Hm.

A good amount of characters and factions deal with unification. Either they're split on issues or have literal personality splits within themselves in case of characters. Most end up unifying within their differences and embracing who they are regardless of exterior pressure. A common result is realizing that their divisions only seem to make them stronger, allowing different strengths to support others weaknesses.

Beside that you have a running theme of dealing with power or issues with identity. A few characters are forced to change and they have to deal with the people they become. Others invent new selves only to find themselves longing for the now figuratively dead people they used to be.

Then there's the final more arcing theme of what it means to be a God, if it's even possible to be unchanging and uniform in one's beliefs when your soul is eternal, and what a God would do if they found out that their perfectly created universe wasn't actually the only one (and that there could be other definitions of "perfection). This theme doesn't come into play until after the first book though.

I... I'm not certain if I completely captured it all but without giving plot away I think that's the best I can do.

Ed's family life was pretty fucked up too.

>Lives in the BASEMENT. No care at all seems to be taken with it.
>Mother obviously spoils & favors the younger sister and will take her side with every situation. (Sarah always using "I'm telling mom!" against him)
>Father doesn't really do much family-wise since you have quotes like "Sarah will tell mom, and mom will tell dad, and dad will say 'Not right now I just got home from work'/just sit there and watch TV."
>Got his bed taken away and forced to sit in a box with the stairs of the basement removed because he was grounded.

Honestly, Ed was like that retarded kid you don't want but was forced to deal with. It's pretty sad.

And Double D's deal was that his parents were almost never home. Seemed to throw all the responsibility on him from that. And expected the best out of him. Not really the healthiest home-life but seems better than Eddy and Ed's by a margin.

>Literally every episode consists of the kids beating the shit out of each other
>Even siblings like Ed and Sarah fight
>Eddy's big bro does it and it's suddenly a problem

Explain why.

Because he was pretty much an adult.

He's an adult and Eddy actually looks truly confused and emotional hurt.

Eddy was crying out in genuine pain

I'm kind of thinking that his parents threw him out as soon as he was 18.

>Kids beating up other Kids
Commonplace, usual, typical, not really scary because kids aren't usually strong enough to do permanent damage outside of scars

>Older Teen/Young Adult beating up a Kid
That kid could die from their injuries if the adult isn't being extremely careful about how they hurt the younger person

>Lives in the BASEMENT

And Sarah lives on the second floor. Like she's the perfect little angel living in heaven.

Honestly, Ed's living situation seemed to me like autist abuse. Like his parents were ashamed of his differences from the other kids and wanted to hide him.

Fucking saved.

My own approach is that Eddy's Brother is sort of like Eddy in that he tries to make himself seem cool because he feels like a loser in a lot of situations where it counts. I mean, he works at an amusement park and lives in a trailer, even if it's a cool whale-shaped one. He definitely didn't go to college; wouldn't be surprised if his grades were as shitty as Eddy's, or if he dropped out. So he would act like he's hot shit around the cul-de-sac kids while feeling like he's inadequate because of school stuff or family stuff (again, Eddy's father looks like an asshole). All that shit goes downhill eventually, and Eddy (and Rolf's chickens) was the poor fucker at the bottom of the hill.

The whole show he built up as a positive figure for himself. He genuinely looked up to him. When his brother started to pick on him, Eddy was confused and scared. Unlike Ed and his sister where he's kind of used to it, Eddy seemed genuinely scared.

Eddy's dad sounded like a really mean dude.
Not to mention he was fucking huge.

He was literally throwing him against a fucking door in front of everyone.

Have you ever been to an underfunded amusement park? You get the feel that the younger workers are either slackers or petty assholes on a power trip. I can see Eddy's Brother getting his kicks without getting physical

Creepy asshole that enjoyed beating the shit out of his little brother for reasons unknown.

Probably a psychopath. Eddy praising him and holding him in such high regard comes off a bit like stockholm syndrome.

In their defense, Ed is the kind of guy who would choose to live in the basement. And it's only in that condition because Ed himself doesn't clean it up and prefers it that way.

Good luck user-kun, I'm on the same boat

>"I thought you wanted hang out with your hero?"
>Eddy responds back that he truly does
>Continues to beat the shit out of Eddy anyways in front of all his friends.

Man, he was such a dick.

When the kids fought, it was representative of a playground brawl. Kids bopping each other on the heads and pushing each other down.

Eddy's brother's violence, on the other hand, was cruel and sadistic abuse. Watch that part again, and you'll notice two key differences from other violent acts in the series.

1. Eddy doesn't fight back or run away at first, instead he just tries to minimize the pain.

2. He does his best to maintain his smile through the pain. Though it's true he was trying to keep up appearances, this is also a defense mechanism that abuse victims adopt to prevent agitating their abusers.

This wasn't just kids squabbling. This was an adult physically and mentally hurting his little brother.

Was Eddy's brother in the movie?

That and the season where they went to school I don't think I ever watched. They worth it? Loved the show as a kid and still laugh at some of the clips posted in the Ed, Edd, and Eddy threads showing up lately

The school seasons are watchable but definitely not as good as the early years. The movie is phenomenal though.

As far as the school episodes go, I genuinely love the one where they build a plane and break out.

You know how a lot of shows get a finale and it ends up being really mediocre or a massive let-down? Like, they would've been better off not doing anything at all?

Ed Edd n Eddy Big Picture Show is absolutely not that in any way whatsoever.

>Was Eddy's brother in the movie?
Yes. That was his debut.

>That and the season where they went to school I don't think I ever watched. They worth it? Loved the show as a kid and still laugh at some of the clips posted in the Ed, Edd, and Eddy threads showing up lately
Watch it. Some people may not have liked the school setting, but show still kept it's charm.

>As far as the school episodes go, I genuinely love the one where they build a plane and break out.

Me too.

Deepest fucking lore.

Alternatively Eddy's brother could have just been left 'unchecked' and left to his own devices. Would still imply neglect depending how you look at it but without consequences for his actions or having a guide of sort leaves children/people to just do whatever they want. It's a huge punch in the face when something challenges them or they don't get their way. Makes them kind of like a cornered animal and they don't know how to react so it tends to be aggressive or violent.

Their parents could have just been fed up with his shit, kicked him out or if Eddy's parents tried putting their foot down he could have basically went "well fuck you guys i'm out".

There's nothing wrong with a kid having the basement as their bedroom, that's actually pretty sweet to have that much room to yourself.

Though taking away the stairs that one time was pretty fucked up.

>There's nothing wrong with a kid having the basement as their bedroom, that's actually pretty sweet to have that much room to yourself.
The basement didn't look pimped out as a room in any way. It looked like somewhere Ed was sent once Sarah was born.

I honestly have no problems with the school settings. It was probably a bit of a step down from the rest of the series but it was still great, the school setting let them make tons of interesting episodes and I liked the crisper art style. People give them too much shit.

School seasons and the movie are both great.

The biggest problem with the school setting is that the minimal cast just made it feel awkward.

I guess I can see that but I just rolled with it. It would have been really stupid if they added a bunch of background characters that only existed to fill out space, would really clash with the rest of the series.

I thought the way they always implied everyone else existed but never showed them was pretty cool, had the Peanuts style going.

It never bothered me that much. Then again, I play Kingdom Hearts.

I liked the school seasons but the episode where they began really bummed me out. All the kids reluctantly going back to class at the end of the summer was sad, it was like the depiction of all the worst parts of that time of year where summer is just a few days away and you really don't want it to end but there's nothing you can do.

Interesting. Myself, I've always gone with the headcanon that Bro was just poorly raised by lackluster parents. Desperate not to make the same mistake twice, the parents were overly-controlling and strict when raising Eddy. It never seemed to me like Eddy lived in an abusive household during the show, just with strict parents. Any abuse would have been from his brother.

It does seem like all ties were cut with Bro, and why Eddy had to go so far just to actually find him. I imagine the "do Mom and Dad know you're here" was because Bro knows he isn't allowed near Eddy.

>
I think this is probably the most likely answer.
Eddy's genuine admiration for his bro combined with the other kid's fear of him lends me to think of a troubled first child that left before Eddy could really form solid memories.

Really tho the Big Picture Show is probably the best ending that a long running show has ever had. Gives some great new perspective on Eddy.

rent

I think I read somewhere that only Kevin and Rolf are old enough to remember how Eddy's brother actually was, so you're probably spot on.

Only thing about this ending I didn't like much was how it left Johnny. Although him as a supervillian is kind of a fun premise.

But the best is how fuckin tense those first 10 minutes are. That car chase man...

>Have you ever been to an underfunded amusement park? You get the feel that the younger workers are either slackers or petty assholes on a power trip.
This weirdly ties into the webcomic I'm making this summer.

>show itself is relatively lighthearted slapstick
>movie ends up hitting you like a brick

Operation: ZERO was basically the same thing too

Am I the only one that felt like Eddy's dad smokes cigars?

Something about that arm and the ring makes me think he would.

Cheap cigars.

I know I disliked that johnny ending but holy shit take about a tense car chase in an animated movie.

To be fair, it could very well be genuine confusion, considering Eddy is like 12 and just randomly showed up on Big Bros doorstep. I know I'd be confused as fuck if my younger brother was at my place without my parents.

Even if the rest of the movie was unequivocally shit, those first ten minutes would be worth it.

>That fucking reveal of the failed scam
>Each Ed's different way of abandoning home
>"A peanut?" "Cheap movie"

>But the best is how fuckin tense those first 10 minutes are.
Dude holy shit, the scene when they're in Eddy's brothers room and the kids haven't figured out where they were? I haven't seen that kind of tense buildup in a fucking cartoon in YEARS. You could hear a pin fucking drop during that scene.

YOU DORKS AIN'T SEEN THE LAST OF MEEE!!!

What was the scam?

We don't know. And it's not important.

The best we can tell is that there was some sort of magic show element, since Nazz is clearly wearing the remains of the ol' 'sawing the woman in half' trick