Will the meme ever end?

Will the meme ever end?

No one gives a shit about this show other than Sup Forums anymore.

I don't think I've ever seen a programme hated out of such obvious contrarianism before as much as this one is here. I can guarantee most Sup Forums browsers who are old enough to have watched relatively soon after it came out loved it.

Take my love, take my land.
Call me a meme where i stand.
I don't care, I'm still free.
You can't take the sky away from me.

I watched it and enjoyed it. But I don't get the cult following 2bh

>muh contrarian meme

Lots of people disliked it. That's why it was cancelled and the movie bombed.

It's really fucking good and you contrarians will never take it away from me.

Because it ended before it should have, so you can't shake off that feeling of wanting more.

>dubs lucky 7 of luckily cosmic truth

i-i'm part of a cult?

It was canceled because Fox had a hateboner for it so they aired the episodes out of order which gave them the excuse to cancel it

Shows that "lots of people dislike" don't get a feature film follow up

It being cancelled is the only reason it's remembered.

I watched it in high school and liked it a lot but I was just discovering online fan forums and can remember that being the first time I looked at the fanbase of a show I liked and thought wow, this is completely fucking autistic

Watching it now I don't think it has aged perfectly, some of the lines feel cringey, the actors never get the Chinese to feel natural and River's quirky randumb p3nguinofd00m!!!1lol shit is atrocious but you can feel the cast had a strong and mostly instantaneous bond and that makes it watchable

People would have had to watch it to even know they were out of order.

What's your next excuse? That they aired in Friday? That they didn't promote it enough?

That doesn't make sense, plenty of shows are cancelled and forgotten, only a few spawn such a strong cult following, I don't get why we MUST hate the show, is it because someone at leddit said they liked it? It isn't the best thing ever ok, but it is pretty damm good.

>never take it away from me

i read that to the tune of firefly theme.

and, yes, the show was relentlessly good.

Find some better bait dude the show had 15 episodes and spun off into a feature film, a billion comics and a more rabid following than any other show that had such little actual material

Nobody watched it when it came out because yeah, Fox made sure nobody fucking knew about it and the ones that did were confused as shit because they aired the second episode first and the last episode second

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're trolling and not catastrophically retarded

Plenty of other shows don't have the Cult of Whedon screaming bloody murder over its cancellation. Understand these people are/were fucking nutso to the point Nate Fillion had to smack them back.

Firefly is not terrible, but it's nothing special, either.

>find out i'm a member of a cult
>now discover i'm also rabid

oh, well. i'm ok with this. because i relentlessly love firefly and re-watch it every month.

I doubt it was some big conspiracy be fox. They just think they know better when it comes to air-dates of their tv shows and are too old an stupid to understand continuity and that tv shows have story arcs and natural progression sometimes. They did the same shit with the Xmen cartoon in the 90's and didn't even fix it on the dvd release years later. They are just stupid and like to have/abuse their control.

>facts are bait

Fox gave Whedon the dosh for the most expensive pilot ever until Lost. They aired promos relentlessly, even cross-networking with SciFi (now Syfy). They cancelled Dark Angel to finance it. Yeah, they wanted to just blow all that money.

The lack of promotion spin is pure, unadulterated bullshit, same as 'muh episode order'. You think Firefly is the only show to have eps aired out of order? Hell, they aired Buffy eps out of order and no one bitches about that.

Yeah, fans screamed loud enough for a movie to be made...it bombed. The comics barely crack 25 on a 3rd tier company.

The show had passionate fans, this is true, but don't act like it was spectacularly popular.

>more rabid following than any other show that had such little actual material

You know how long the original Star Trek series ran?

Every other Whedon show ran for 7-8 seasons to be fair

It's an okay show but get a life user

You only need one bitter suit to change it up at the last minute when no one is around to object

dollhouse only had two 13-ep seasons

were you not reading the posts? i do have a life. a cult life. a rabid cult life. and i love it. relentlessly.

Even if you hate the show, you have to admit that both Inara and the opening theme are 10/10.

The cult following is because it ended abruptly. If the show continued it would have been forgotten much like the movie that was supposed to wrap up the series.

You try wrapping up a series that you had no intent of ending apruptly in one movie.

>airing the series premiere after the season finale

Alright I guess you're just catastrophically retarded then if you think that's equivalent to switching up two filler episodes in a filler season of Buffy

The movie bombed because it was shit and that was obvious to me as early as the trailer

If you don't think network execs are petty enough to flush money over a grudge you don't know shit about the industry

>the original star trek series ran
Longer than 15 episodes

I forgot about Dollhouse but Dollhouse was also wall to wall garbage, Dushku was never good and she should be grateful Buffy gave her a career at all

You mean the pointless contrarian hating of it?

I'm still angry about the cancellation, user.
Be as contrarian as you like, no one cares anymore, since there's no chance for it continue in a not shit way now.

I really liked it. Gave me a sense of family but in space. Everyone of the crewmembers was likeable but very different. I mean, the season and the movie are okay on their own, but there could have been so much material and so much details that the series could have run at least 5 seasons without dropping quality. The thought of this is probably what kept people so interested for years.

Honestly I thought firefly fans were autistic weirdos but you contrarians and this autistic faggot make me think otherwise.

We can only speculate on how it would have turned out with a few more seasons. I agree that they probably would have been able to a better job. I am simply arguing that its current popularity is because it was cancelled.

it has already been pointed to you that many shows were cancelled and they're not popular, you relentlessly autistic autist