I SAW SOMETHING
SCURRY

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fallacy_fallacy
youtube.com/watch?v=b8iY0WznZao
youtube.com/watch?v=ms2klX-puUU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to sleep faggot

Attention, scurrier. You have five seconds to vacate the area under my son's bed and surrender yourself.

>what if the world was made of pudding
what did he mean by this?

>8 legs

7 vaganias

Spider-Man parody plz.

maybe more

He's saying "what if" questions are pointless because their imagined scenarios haven't actually taken place. But right before that, he was the one who first brought up "what if" questions and used them to argue his point. So he's a bit of a hypocrite.

Imagine

Actually it's the inverse

He's using the son's argument, "what if", in order to use it as a counter argument. You can put "what if" in the front of anything, but it still a invalid argument if you don't have a proof about your claims, not answering a thing, but only creating hypothetical scenarios

tl;dr - it puts a fallacy on check

Q : What if the enemy is dangerous?
A : What if pigs could fly?

It's still the dad who starts with "what if" arguments though. After the boy asks him to kill the spider, the dad asks "how would you feel if a giant hand came out of the sky and decided to crush you". A bit later he asks "what if the spider said the same thing, 'daddy daddy kill that kid'?". He was as guilty as the kid, or even more, because he was the one who first came up with hypothetical scenarios (which were more fantastic and unrealistic than the son's fears).

Yeah, but the dad's doing it for a different reason than the kid
he's using the "what if" scenarios to call into question the son's faulty logic, to show him how his mind had come undone in unwarranted fear
the kid was using the "what ifs" to justify his thirst for blood, so he could kill without remorse

the ironic part is house spiders aren't meant to live outdoors so he killed it in the end

The moment you use a fallacy it's the moment you lose, try again.

Good

DADDY LOOK THROUGH THESE I JUST SAW A GANG OF MONKEYS

my fucking sides

how the fuck did that abortion escape the coat hanger

That pile of fuck stole several precious minutes of my life, and I want them back.

SON WHAT'S ALL THIS SCREAMING FOR?
YOU'RE GONNA WAKE UP THE NEIGHBORS NEXT DOOR

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fallacy_fallacy

>NOW YOU'RE LEARNING
>UNDERSTANDING
>FINALLY YOU'RE BECOMING HUMAN!

It's strangely inspiring, coming from a silly song about not squishing spiders

Are you deaf?

The very start of the song is the kid asking the dad to kill the spider, since it's "scurry".
That IS a "what if" scenario. The kid still pushing the spider MAY be evil, so it deserve death.

Dad is only playing by that false logic.

Fallacy fallacy fallacy.

I fucking hate this.

The original song's appeal is that it's a mundane situation told in an absolutely bonkers manner.

Story from South America is LOLRANDOM XD PENGUIN OF DOOM shit.

That was posted in that weird fanart thread we had a while back. Someone replied to it with the youtube link to Story from North America. What am I trying to say is that this post is connected.

I used to think that it was just a smaller version of Venom in the bed but after looking at it again I realize its Carnage.

That spider is fucking huge though, it looks about the same size as the kid. I don't blame him for feeling concerned about that particular spider. Where I live, all the spider species are harmless and I make sure not to harm them. But since some larger species have been known to kill mice and birds, I wouldn't want to be close to a human-sized spider either.

>since it's "scurry".
That's a verb, not an adjective. He saw it scurry.
The son requests the dad to kill the spider because its appearance makes him feel scared. His what-if fear is the reason for his request, but I don't think he commits the fallacy until the moment he actually says it out loud (and he does so only after the father).

HERE'S A STORY FROM NEW YORK CITY

>The giant Hand is Galactus

>Spider-Man on the table with Kaine, Miguel and other Spider people.

>mundane situation
It's actually a commentary on imperialism

I got this, danger close motherfuckers.

The story itself had a good teaching, and it didn't sound preachy. Just a father teaching his son not to act voilently on something just because it's frighting.

And of course ADHD had to ruin it
youtube.com/watch?v=b8iY0WznZao

This fucking rules, I wanna watch it again, I remember we got shown this in my Illustration class. What's it called again? Song From North America, yeah?

youtube.com/watch?v=ms2klX-puUU

>Hating on a story from south america

That would be a good policy if said fright was based on cultural conditioning
but if it's instinct, you should absolutely attack scary things with violence

THANKS!! I just realised that THIS is where I subconsciously stole my technique for drawing cheeks from! I'd been wracking my brain, thinking about CARTOONISTS, not ANIMATORS! THANK YOU, user! (Pic related)