They should make a star trek series with an asian male captain

They should make a star trek series with an asian male captain.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/bts-billboard-hot-100-record-breaking_us_59d82870e4b046f5ad9859eb
imdb.com/title/tt5990474/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vjjjqsx4M4s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Springs_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Massacre_Cove
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does anyone have the pasta of the succesfull asian man vs the unemplyed black man?

it was like this:
>when the asian man comes home in the night, he doesn't need to delude himself with trash tv or flicks, he already has a pretty good life and doesn't need to see an asian hero or an action man in tv, he's already that kind o`man.

They should make another Star Trek that's about trekking.

Hollywood hates Asians for some reason

hollywood only wants asian males in action movies doing kung fu

sexy female asians can be anywhere except as love interests for asian males

They don't hate asians. Most asians are content with a quiet life. This is why you don't see masses of asians campaigning for asians to be shoehorned into this or that. Hollywood doesn't pander to them because they don't feel they need to.

They should make a star trek series where they trek to the stars.

captain harry kim.

i have seen him before in other shows and i never thought him handsome before but when i saw that fight scene i was suddenly attracted to him he was so hot i relentlessly divorced my wife and relentlessly moved to where he lived and relentlessly fapped every night he's home.

The opposite is true. Most Asians can't get acting work because they are Asian. The casting director will look at them and just say no. Americans don't want to see an Asian male in anything other than kung fu movies.

ASIAN MASCULINITY
S
I
A
N

M
A
S
C
U
L
I
N
I
T
Y

Asians also account for about 5% of the US population, there's about 2.5x as many blacks, so there's not as much of a crowd to pander to.

On top of that, although you commonly hear about the oppression and racism against blacks, you almost never hear it about or coming from Asians, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Maybe if Asians shot a few cops and torched a few towns to the ground in the name of racism you'd see a resurgence in Asian led movies independent from Kung Fu movies.

1. Jackie Chan has a movie coming out this week that some are predicting will be the #1 movie of the weekend
2. Two Chinese male actors (one of which is married to a White girl) were just in the last Star Wars movie "Rogue One"
3. The most critically acclaimed teen movie of 2016 (which was nominated for a Golden Globe) was "Edge Of Seventeen" which features an Asian guy as a love interest
4. This 2017 summer's #1 horror movie was "Wish Upon" which starred Joey King and an Asian love interest Ki Hong Lee
5. The #1 TV show for the last 5 years in the US is "The Walking Dead" which featured an AMWF couple as its lead romance
6. Daniel Wu is Lara Croft's love interest in the next Tomb Raider movie
7. Literally the next *NYSNC, Backstreet Boys, One Direction is Korean kpop group.
huffingtonpost.com/entry/bts-billboard-hot-100-record-breaking_us_59d82870e4b046f5ad9859eb
8. Asian men all over American TV from Riverdale to Hawaii Five-O to Fresh off The Boat to Into The Badlands in lead roles.
etc etc etc ...

Asian men are too beta.

t. Hollywood Jew

that dude is pretty good on the Exorcist tv show

John Cho was just in an indie movie that was released during the summer called "Columbus". It is romance drama with Haley Lu Richardson (the brunette in "Split") as his girlfriend.

imdb.com/title/tt5990474/

Did the OP go see it in the theaters?

>the squeaky wheel gets the grease

Asians do complain. It's just that nobody cares.

they missed the opportunity with a series of the USS Excelsior, commanded by Captain Hikaru Sulu after Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

is this true? is he regular, recurring or guest?

Meanwhile I see the latest Pacific Rim 2 trailer and see 1 Asian guy piloting a jaeger with 2 White girls.

hollywood fears the samurai

Hollywood only adds them in movies to pander to the Chinese audience. You'll rarely see Asians in anything other than movies that pander to the Chinese.

Meh except for a few activists who gained an audience thanks to the internet, in what way are asians mobilized ? For all your bitching about black people they would never have obtained this much representation by being considered a "minority model"

Because when Hollywood 'panders' to American audiences, it doesnt count. It only matters when Hollywood does it for China?

Welcome to 2017, where China is a TOP DOG now and the US is #2

Only asian males

Man calm down you r/asianmasculinity beta male victim mentality. Stop blaming the rest of us for what the Jews that run Hollywood are doing.

"Americans" are fine with asian males. Except maybe the people of color, that resent Asians. "Americans" don't run the casting.

>Only asian males
see
Name me the last time an Asian female was in a lead role in major Hollywood release. Name me the last time an Asian female was a lead in American TV show.

1. MOVIE : 5 years old when Pacific Rim came out
2. TV SHOW : Priyanka Chopra in Quantico or Mindy Kaling in The Mindy Show.

LOL at your trolling. Meanwhile Asian men are everywhere in American movies and TV shows,

>in what way are asians mobilized ?

I don't think they do. I've only heard Asian actors complain about discrimination in interviews. If an Asian actor did call for a protest, I don't think anyone would care enough to appear.

>2. TV SHOW : Priyanka Chopra in Quantico or Mindy Kaling in The Mindy Show.

I forgot to mention to add that it South Asian females who get all the roles for "Asian" females in Hollywood. Nobody (except yellow fever beta incels) likes to see East Asian or SE Asian females in their media.

>They don't hate asians.

No, they really do. You're right that Asians don't rock the boat as much as blacks or Latinos, but that doesn't mean they're *liked* for it. They have a long history, that continues to the present, of bending over backwards to find reasons to avoid casting Asians in leading roles, even if the source material for a film calls for it.

California is the state with the highest Asian population in the country. Something like 1/3rd of all Asian-Americans live in California. By virtue of being the state with the most Asians, it's the state with the longest and largest history of anti-Asian racism. Where in other states you'd find real estate agreements forbidding blacks or Jews from buying property, in California, it was Chinese that were typically locked out. The harsh anti-Asian immigration laws passed from the 1880s to the 1920s were usually pushed for heavily by California.

asians are a soulless people with 0 charisma

Meanwhile your teen daughter or sister is like this
youtube.com/watch?v=Vjjjqsx4M4s

>it's the state with the longest and largest history of anti-Asian racism

It wasn't just California but the entire West. As much as blacks bitch about the Jim Crow laws in the South, in the West, there were more anti-Asian / Jim Crow-laws against Asians than Blacks.

Blacks were treated more harshly. Where Asians beaten and lynched by mobs?

Does anyone realise how many chinks there actually are in US, let alone the number of them who happen to be actors? You can take that even further and say, how many chink actors are there who are talented enough to deserve a leading role?

I swear to God, don't blame the studios. They would be cutting their legs from under them if they were strict with the racial identity of their leading actors, the guy in OPs pic is typecasted all the time when they need an asian because he is orobably the only competent chink actor in Hollywood.

t. ching zhao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Springs_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Massacre_Cove

Just a few examples ...

>let's make the character gay because the old actor is gay

lol.

Would they make a gay character straight cause the actor was?

No, they should make a show were a lens flare is the captain.

>Asians do complain

When's the last time 20,000 Asians gathered in the streets and flipped over some cop cars and torched a Walmart or something?

Yeah, maybe the odd one complains, but you don't see anything on the level of shit like Ferguson, Baltimore, St. Louis, Dallas, ect where the news is talking about it for weeks and weeks.

Some Asian sending an e-mail at work or a letter to the editor isn't going to have the impact that shooting 5 cops in the name of Black Lives Matter would.