Blade Runner 2049 is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi...

Blade Runner 2049 is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent Arrival, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Blade Runner by the time he was visiting Leto's factory AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between BR2049 and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, 2049 has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/ big fridge magnet letters./
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Blade Runner 2049 is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi.
Referring to yourself in titles seems a bit narcissistic.

fpbp

>haha, I figured out blade runner so I'm super smart but I'm sure other people watching blade runner aren't as smart as me
go watch some rick and morty reruns you faggot

I call it rickandmortycore

What a fag.
Kill yourself.

i want that naruto coat

>le i want all the answers in my table!! now!!
>ambiguity sucks!! *spits on the floor*

Yeah, modern movies piss me off because of this. I miss movies where you had to watch it multiple times to pick up on the little nuances that give you insight into the characters, why they did things and felt certain ways etc. Now it's all spelled out and has no rewatch value beyond a visual appeal.

are you here again Andrew Dobson? wich twitters opinions are you parroting this time?

That's just stupid
Movies are meant to be watched once
They didn't do them properly in the past so you had to rewatch, it's not by design

I liked the story, it wasn't smart but it was smartly delivered. I will admit that I didn't quite see the second twist (that Gosling isn't human after all) coming. But I watched it with 5 friends and they all said they didn't understand a single thing about the movie, and no less than 10 people walked out towards the end, so go figure.

Agreed.

If you aren't smart enough to figure out that movies are supposed to entertain you and that books are made to make you smarter then you you fit this demographic.

>complains about handholding
>wants rewards from his movies

How do you feel about Gravity by Alfonso Cuaron? I remember the posturing around it was just like 2049 and now it's completely forgotten

jesus. how new are you?

this complaint is bizarre. I would argue this is a dunning kruger reviewer more than a dunning kruger sci fi.

>Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi
we have a term for this already and it's called "middlebrow"

>he saw some guy address every reply so he does it too

lol

Why are you so easily impressed? Does it come from only consuming capeshits and tv shows?

>implying I addressed the /fa/g commenting on K's coat

only the ones that were unironically chewing on the pasta m8

You're literally an example of the dunning kruger effect, you assume no one else is smart enough to have guessed the """twist""" exactly what a moron would do. Smart people as the dunning kruger effect spells out think that everyone else around them is also as smart and that they aren't special

Congrats OP you're a retard

My only issue was that it was never really explained why Jared Leto couldn't just mass produce the replicants. He seemed to have enough money to do anything

it's a tech demo

Having the replicants just fuck to create a new replicant has to be easier than creating them artificially

Will people make fun of me for going outside wearing this?

it's pasta, you dumb fucks

probably

ha! That was a good one

Reminder to all the newfags: turboautist OP just posted a stale overused pasta about Arrival and just changed the name to Blade Runner to fish out some (You)'s
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/ big fridge magnet letters./

He didn’t even bother to remove the last line of the pasta that is just a straight up Arrival quote

>both versions managed to be correct even when the name is just changed
wow this director might actually be a one trick pony

can you timestamp the Arrival code or just roughly tell which scene does it appear?

love, OP

>code
quote, I mean. fuck's sake.

dumb spamming turboautist mongoloid, ask your mommy for your meds

you seem agitated, mate. what's wrong?

>to be fair

I can't I hear that phrase anymore without laughing

for coats like that its 100% like the 5'11" vs 6'0" meme.
why are denisdrones such babies? did you think you were watching high cinema and not MIDDLEBROW stuff?

There are literally only two or three triggered autists on this board who just constantly spam the same exact meaningless threads and posts against the film 24/7.

First one is this Dunning-Kruger pasta autist Second one is this middlebrow "do you think this is art" braindead autist And the third one is that autist that spams how BR2049 is for the "normie facebook audience say no more xD", but he seems like he's not present in this thread.

Low effort pathetic spamming my dear fellow autists, atleast try to mix it up a bit.

me liek denny very muchy

I'm just memeing, m8, I actually love the movie, but the pasta is funny as fuck, and the newfags getting triggered by it is even funnier.

It's alright, user. It's ok to be a pleb.

>actually liking bad directors with fans that are no better than women
yikes

I love when people can't form an actual argument about the artist or his work, so they have to cheaply resort to commenting about their audience like it means anything

I've seen every movie of Villeneuve and they are nothing but Ron Howard tier styless, identity lacking trash.

The worst were of course Prisoners and Spicario which both show the glaring lack of any ideas from the director, carried only and solely by Deakins tired old digital cinematography managed to muster up, Incendies was Nolan tier tweest garbage but you probably haven't even seen it.

Again you only said meaningless overly general statements that could be just replaced with "it's bad because it's bad", embarassing really.
And the most embarassing thing is that you act like Incendies is some obscure film that no one has seen, not even Polytechnique is obscure, but you probably haven't even seen it ;))))))))))))

Can you explain why hes good? Go ahead and lay out in full detail.
Why not? Generally the children who claim Villeneuve is good have only seen up to Prisoners and you didn't deny that its garbage so I'm guessing you haven't seen it.
>polytechnique
More shit. Empty Scattered themes of entropy and feminism, to show the corpses, then to show them, then not show them again blurring them for "respect", in short everything seems to shout at "look how we are respectful and good at talking about tragedy."

He fails to build a true drama and thickness, for example at the beginning he focuses on the killer and completely wastes his perspective, does not live his confusion, his inner chaos, does not understand his misogyny, his solitude, its dangers, it does not create a tragic and disturbing figure, everything that directs is close to the top, so it creates a non-character who lives in the service of the drama, and is so for the other two protagonists outlined Melò who live in their shots with a final melodram shown at the edge of ridicule. the film lives out of vanity at the expense of the tragedy with a disgusting and false respect but above all the biggest defect is that it has nothing to say like everything else hes done.