When was your fandom ruined?

When was your fandom ruined?

Other urls found in this thread:

aplus.com/a/sherlock-holmes-fan-mail-address?no_monetization=true
diogenes-club.com/knox.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This only happens when the thing is written like shit in the first place.

Early 2011. I guess the first months were ok, 6 at best.

No, it happens as soon as there is something some don't like, regardless of whether or not it was oogd.

> i was born in 2005

Nah.
This happens with every fandom for every possible piece of media.

>fandom
>ruined
>implying fandoms aren't inherently awful

>identifying with a fandom in the first place

You people are the problem, ironically
I have never identified with a fandom, I've only ever been part of one because I was a fan of something and when I stopped being one, I was simply no longer part of that fandom

You people who think of fandoms as subcultures of some kind are the issue, because you stick around once you've either outgrown something or simply stopped enjoying something to make it a living hell for anybody else who hasn't become as jaded as you, because in your self obsessed POV if you can't enjoy it nobody else should be allowed to either

Fandoms are cancerous by default.

remember when Sup Forums didn't obsess over fandoms? good times

Never honestly. Seeing as I don't consider myself apart of any communities or the like they tend to not bother me much. If someone shit posted about your favorite show would your fandom really get ruined? I didn't think so.

Disney Wars, especially with TFA

>You people who think of fandoms as subcultures of some kind are the issue
Fandoms are subcultures, though. Literally by definition, a community, a subculture.

In a sense, but a fandom is a collection of fans....when you stop being a fan, you're not part of that, but some people refuse to simply leave because they see the "fandom" itself as being a subculture regardless of the fact that they are the opposite of a fan, ignoring the "fan" aspect of it, this creates issues

There is no particular point where a fandom is ruined, there is simply some vague area where the size of it grows to where rogue elements cannot be contained, particular nowadays when fandoms are scattered across so many different websites.

>>>>>>>"fandom"
We can blame the trekkies for all this subculture bullshit.

>ifunny
Wew.

maybe if you're a moron who thinks Star Trek kick-started fandoms

fandoms are born to be cancer
though normies make them worse

The whining sounds very entitled and snowflake like.

Discussing ok.
But whining and bitching because a plot or character isnt like you want. Thats just autism.

This here.

Fun fact: People started sending real mail to the fictional address of Sherlock Holmes
aplus.com/a/sherlock-holmes-fan-mail-address?no_monetization=true

Also interesting, but when a fan asked question about continuity, Conan Doyles answered:
diogenes-club.com/knox.htm
>That anyone should spend such pains on such material was what surprised me. Certainly you know a great deal more about it than I do, for the stories have been written in a disconnected (and careless) way without referring back to what had gone before

It is not know if the fan called him an hack in return.

What a fucking hack

About a year and a half in. The cast size expanded, romance subplots became a thing, and tumblr got involved. The threads here went from small, fun, and self aware, to the cancer that you now know in the span of only a few months.

SU?

It has to be actually good for that.

It's okay.

If Sup Forums,Sup Forums and Sup Forums thought me anything it's that being in a fandom is a mistake, you can still enjoy shit without clinging to a fandom
>THAT MEANS YOUR A FAN OF THE FANDOM
But I don't make retarded gary stu donut steels tho and actively shitpost against people that hate/love the thing I like

Star vs?

Homosuck.

When tumblr got a hold of it and it's staff turned out to be just as SJW as them.

the thing is, on most of the internet and Sup Forums is no exception, you can try to not be part of a fandom, but fandom will not leave you out for that.

You can start a thread about a show you enjoy and asspains will still flock in.

>forced to make a tumblr for drawfags that I like
>some guy reblogs that the tumblr staff gave advice to wear neckties are belts for fashion

That actually make you the whiner.

>fandom
A fandom is automatically shit if it gains popularity. Especially if Tumblr gets their hands on it.

>>some guy reblogs that the tumblr staff gave advice to wear neckties are belts for fashion
I am not sure I understand the meaning of that sentence.

Stop being a part of a fandom, and just enjoy things you like. You'll thank me later.

Recently in /sug/
Sucks that I can't browse anymore because it has sunk down to /gfg/ levels of I HATE THIS SHOW FUCK THIS HACK

>show got a little riskée
>tumblr fucks complain it's offensive and won't shut up about it.
>show got a give a message of openness
>anti-tumblr fuck complains that the show has been tainted by PC and that the staff is spineless and assimilated by tumblr and won't shut up about it

There is no escape.

>this is one of the guys that handles tumblr

Probably about the time of the Big Bang.

Or for Jesusbros, "And on the first day, the Lord said 'let there be - oh me damn it that's every fandom ruined. How does that even work, I haven't even created the concept of light yet, but now we're staring into the cancerous abyss that is Bronydom? Wow. I'm an omnipotent being and I'm impressed by this level of faggotry.'"

lmao

I've never considered myself to be part of a 'fandom'. Yes, I hang out with you guys here and shitpost about various things, but that feels to me more like a transient extension of my personal experience than an investment in a community bigger than myself.

wtf is that a penis nectie?

>asspains
Thats what drags me down the most.
Its not discussing or saying they dont like it.
But go all dont like what i like.

When the creators announced an incredibly controversial upgrade to one of the protagonists, a spin-off that seemed to defy everything about the main show was announced, a documentary with some of the crew invovled got heavily pirated, and a con went to hell all in the span of a few months.

At the last second

thats obviously ironic

Amen brother.

But what a ride.

every fandom is shit.

does the word awful even have a meaning anymore?

When the SJWs invaded and made it all about them and their politics.

Miraculous Ladybug fandom is pretty chill.