It's all but confirmed that Bendis is doing a Defenders book using characters that all quite so happen to be part of...

It's all but confirmed that Bendis is doing a Defenders book using characters that all quite so happen to be part of the Defenders in Netflix.
Thoughts on this?

>Bendis once again leeching off the the Marvel Cinematic Universe instead of doing something new.

Relieved because that's a chunk of books I won't be buying. Street level was never really my thing.

Relieved that it's characters I may like but on the whole don't care about that much. Feeling pity for their fans, though.

And there is a high likelihood of Danny getting pooped on by Bendis.

Isn't Bendis better at street level stuff than at cosmic or supers?

Now I'm not saying this will be good, but it might not be a complete disaster either. He's certainly a better fit for this than for the GotG.

>And there is a high likelihood of Danny getting pooped on by Bendis.
Wasn't Iron Fist in his Avengers book for years? I don't recall him being shat on then.

uh oh bendis and a black guy insert

On one hand this team consists of characters bends has written well before,his daredevil run is still one of my favorites.BUT he's already writing two iron man books and a spider man book I'm scared this will suffer like his guardians did,plus I've never seen him write danny outside ultimate spider man and he wasn't that good at it

He wrote Danny in New Avengers, he did a decent job (even though he got K'un L'un and its history pretty wrong). Gave him a power-up and everything.

>Bendis contaninment ongoing
>he already wrote these characters and some of them were not bad
>No Bendis on FF

You know, it could be worse.

Almost as if a TV show is more popular than a comic book. How could this be?

I'm guessing this series will continue the plot thread from Jessica Jones where that woman wants to destroy the superhero community because she hates them for being smug and holier-than-thou.
As well as the usual Bendis trope of bad guys speechifying about how society needs them and how heroes suck.

Yes, the general consensus with Bendis is that he's generally decent when on teen heroes and street level.

Bendis' strengths usually lie in character interactions, and his dialogue style usually fits better for teenagers or street-level characters.
He does not work well with cosmic things because he can't handle things on such a grand scale or with such high stakes, he keeps trying to focus on personal interactions and dialogues but his style just doesn't work in that setting.

I would say this is good, but its most likely just going to contradict what the others are doing in their own books (even Jessica Jones which he is also writing)

Bendis had some semi-decent Danny moments in New Avengers (breaking a helicarrier in half rescuing Cage from Osborn/HAMMER??)

but as an actual character, he was barely in the book, and nothing ever really came of Danny getting stolen by Agamotto and getting the color changed suit.

His style doesn't work for people who believe in big things and aren't concerned with communicating their self-awareness.

>for people who believe in big things
What do you mean?

Jessica Jones is even adopting the same look as she does in Netflix. Then again, it's not like she ever had a consistent look anyway, just whatever street-clothes the artist felt like.

>Bendis is doing

Stopped reading

Feels bad even though I guessed Defenders would be a book he would write. He wouldn't pass up the opportunity to write his husbando again.

However thank god this will probably delay his inevitable Thunderbolts run.

I'm not a particular fan of any of these characters, so it's a good experience to see how I like Bendis when he isnt wiring characters I do like.

*writing

For reference, check out Alias and his Daredevil run, which feature all of these characters. Consensus seems to be that it's among his best work, Daredevil fans rarely complain about it.

That it will only further prove that Bendis will jump on any title that will sell regardless of who's working on it due to impending cross-media promotion, just like with Guardians of the Galaxy. This is his way to continuously perpetuate the meme that he is a popular writer to his bosses in Marvel editorial. And it's a scam that they still fall for because the only people at Marvel who are stupider than Bendis are the editors.

At least we know Bendis cared about these characters before it was cool.

>Bendis is doing a Defenders book using characters that all quite so happen to be part of the Defenders in Netflix
just a coincidence