Hellboy in Hell #10

We hate you too basementfag

Get your board to post your dead hobby

hellboy in hell #9

American Alien, Omega Men, The Fix

Flintstones

Single issue?
The GL Darkseid War one shot for sure.

Overall favorite book of the year was probably Nightwing or Superman.

Tom King is the "new" writer of the year, for sure

Didn't even knew Elanor Davis had a new book out.

For pretentious twats like this, why do they pretend that they are above capes, but not above things like Transformers?
Is it purely a "I hate popular things" thing?

Take a chill pill, it's just comics.

Puke Force is a cape comic

>but not above things like Transformers?
Is it purely a "I hate popular things" thing?

Not him, but what are you even talking about? Cape comics are less popular than comics for adults. The alt/UG/comix industry is in a golden age, more and more people are starting to discover that comics can be for everyone while geeks are leaving the medium for film/tv since it's much better suited for the genre.

I liked TF VS GI Joe because of the creator, not because it was about Transformers. If Tom Scioli did a comic about Bat Mite or something it would be up there too. I only follow creators more than concepts and characters these days.

>capeshit
>popular

>Fuck off toonfags

Why do this? You could have had a perfectly nice thread with people talking about comics, and now you're gonna get shit because you started shit.

Because bait amigo. I just felt that way at that time

>I just felt like making the board worse.

>comics for adults
Cape comics are for adults tho.

Are you still not allowed to show swear words in cape comics?

Are you disputing that cape comics target market is adults?

I asked you a question first.

It's not relevant.
No, you can't swear.
Yes, cape comics are targeting adults.
This isn't a hard concept.

>No, you can't swear.
Cape comics are targeting minors whose parents don't let them read swear words.

????
But cape comics are targeting adults.

What about this is hard to grasp?

Forbidding swear words on a corporate level isn't targeting adults, it's targeting children.

I assume that you are an adult, so you should be able to handle seeing swear words. But cape comics aren't permitted to contain any, because they aren't targeted at you.

I'd like a source.
You are disputing my claim.
Prove that DC and Marvel's targeted money supply is children.

That was last December.
My favorite standalone issue of the year was American Alien #3

But you already agreed with me that writers do not have permission to use swear words in cape comics. Other than targeting children, what other reason is there to restrict the writers' freedom like this?

I'm sure I don't know.
I'm also sure that cape comics are targeting adults.
Kids don't care about politics the way 20 somethings do.
Also this pic
hurts your point, because gore is not kid friendly.

I don't get it. Is that fedora guy supposed to be you or the guy you're respondning? Cause fedoras read geek culture oriented kiddie comics i.e capes.

He's an adult, is he not?

>Yes, cape comics are targeting adults.

It's literally stories about people gaining superpowers, dressing up and fighting bad guys, a.k.a bullied children's revenge fantasies. You can't make stuff like that for an adult audience, sorry.

Not seeing any proof here.

Adults aren't interested in escapism. Escapism is a defense mechanism for bullied children.

>I'm sure I don't know.
I'm sure you're in denial.

You know what makes /mlp/ so bad? It's not that they watch a cartoon for children. It's that they insist that their children's cartoon is for adults.

Same with you. There's nothing wrong with you reading cape comics. But it's sad to see you insist that it's for adults.

>gore is not kid friendly
Kids LOVE violence. Gore only makes a comic *more* appealing to kids.

By "kids" I mean anyone under 18, by the way. A comic with tons of gore but no swear words (so mommy and daddy won't get mad)? That's perfect for a 17-year-old kid.

Thankfully, cape comics are rated T for Teens, perfect for that kid of 17.

Unless they are fedora wearing manchildren.

>Adults aren't interested in escapism.
please be bait

>Kids LOVE violence.
And?
How does that make it kid friendly?

>There's nothing wrong with you reading cape comics. But it's sad to see you insist that it's for adults

This

>How does [something kids love] make it friendly to kids?
Ah, my mistake, you were only interested in arguing, not in having a serious conversation.

>manchildren are not older than 18
made me think a wee bit

Cape comics are for adults tho
pls explain

What?
Are you saying that anything a kid could like is kid friendly?
Gore is kid friendly because they like it?

...what?

>Cape comics are for adults tho.
what did he mean by this?

Adults aren't allowed to swear. If an adult swears then a police officer will come and give that adult a ticket. That's why swears are forbidden in cape comics, because cape comics are for adults.

What non-manchild adult enjoys gore like ? It's only enjoyable by kids and manchildren.

>It's literally stories about people gaining superpowers, dressing up and fighting bad guys, a.k.a bullied children's revenge fantasies

This

>Cape comics are for adults tho.

>manchildren
Exactly.
Adults. The target market.

Glad that's settled.

How sad this board is that someone that doesn't like superhero garbage is 'pretentious'

What a low bar you've set for yourself.

>but not above things like Transformers
lrn2read

>someone that doesn't like superhero garbage
We don't even know that they don't like superhero garbage. Maybe they do.

We only know that it isn't in their Top Ten.

t. that guy defending his love of children's comics

You should learn to read comics. As a medium, not a genre.

that shit's not even gore, it's scribble gore like a kid would draw who had no idea what exactly makes up the inside of a body

Yep, that's sort of a thing among geeks nowadays. If a comic isn't about geek stuff (superhero/sci-fi/fantasy) and not from the big 2, it's pretentious hipster garbage. I wonder if they have the same logic when it comes to film and/or literature?

>Ares
F

I feel like it's a cop out to say Vision but yeah Vision. One of my favorite Marvel heroes got an opus he deserved

Boom.

>please be bait
he's just some Sup Forums faggot armchair psychologist, someone who believes he is much more intelligent than he actually is