Did they CGI Rachel successfully?

Did they CGI Rachel successfully?

Miles better than any previous attempt. It's crazy to think that Tarkin shit was less than a year ago.

user it's actually scary how real it looks, maybe there's a bit of telling in the small lip movements but in general it's completely seamless and perfect.
And the line she delivers is truly heartbraking

yeah, i fell like they passed the uncanny valley, but while it did look real it seemed like she was in a different resolution somehow. IDK but it was much beter than that nightmare fuel in Rogue One

almost, but not yet.

i could tell it in her mouth as she spoke.

her lips moved like a fake cgi character.

getting pretty close though

Wasn't seamless, but compared to Rogue One it was simply stunning. They also made a good choice of showing her mostly from behind or in silhouette, minimizing the screentime for the actual face.

I couldnt spot it i think your mistaking it for the submissiveness she is showing here as opposed to the confrontational attitude she had in the original, the voice is very different

I agree with him. The lips and eyes gave it away

Its quite a feat though most visually stunning movies have that one kinda meh effect like the android head in Alien

For a moment I thought it was an expertly cropped clip from the original. It looked fantastic. Best CG since Davy Jones.

it was horrendous, just look at the eyes and her jaw and cheeks, would've been fine if they only showed her from behind no need for shitty cgi seriously

The color is stupid and her eyes are trash.

It's a different actress, not CGI.

But it works because the viewer knows she’s not real for Deckard, either. Very meta!

Don't they just get similar looking actors to get 90% of the way there and then use effects for the finishing touches?

They don't have to. That amount of make up and hair plus the lighting will make most women look like her.

Kek. Nice.

Not sure if you're a shill or not, though.

>tfw your first cinematic crush was Carrie Fisher in SW
>tfw they re-animate her as a wax dummy

It was satisfactory. Definitely better than the Star Wars attempts. And at least the slight uncanniness worked with the replicant idea, as well as the mindfuck of seeing a dead, yearned-for loved-one from your past materialized before your eyes, the emotions and bewildering, unreal feelings that would trigger.

they literally used a look-alike and enhanced it slightly with CG

all of you saying you could tell are BSing so hard to look like you have some sort of weird cred, you know nothing

you have no idea what you're even talking about

I thought it was a real person