Prisoners: Best film of 2013

Prisoners: Best film of 2013
Enemy: Best film of 2014
Sicario: Best film of 2015
Arrival: Best film of 2016
Blade Runner: Best film of 2017

How the fuck is he doing this? Nobody should be able to keep up a streak like this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/why do retards love villeneuve so much/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Dune: Best film

Get Out is best film of 2017.

most pleb post in maybe 2017. How do you manage to wear the fedora so often? Nobody should be able to have such bad, juvenile taste.

He's truly /ourguy/
The sad thing is I know people who think this

Easily when hes movie master at best which gets the r/movies and IMDB pleb crowd all hot and bothered. It is the death knell of Cinema. One of the biggest trashmasters working today, a hack's hack. This is hot pocket the director. Cheeto dust: the man. His movies are a bad joke; an insult to the filmic medium; a gob of spit aimed at all that is good and great about filmmaking.

In legitimate cinematic company Villeneuve is regarded as a complete joke barely above the likes of Nolan and Tarantino.

>Using "juvenile" as an insult
The one wearing the fedora is YOU

fedora insulting fedora

no surprise here, another day on Sup Forums

Prisoners is shit.

That stupid ass French-Canadian smirk on his face
He knows his movies are bomb and there's nothing you can do about it

why do you say that?

It's a Fincher wannabe movie with Blade Runner pacing and lots of pretty pictures. It's supposed to be gritty and tense, but it's the opposite. Also Jackman sucked in that movie.

>Blade Runner pacing and lots of pretty pictures.
oh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Wrong, only Denis films with Deakins are arguable best films per year, so that eliminates Enemy and Arrival.

Do you see the awful ending?

b-but he makes me feel smart

You sound pretty underage user

It's called being a real artist, rather than a hack.

If producers had more respect for the gifts of artists, the quality of what's coming out would be generation-defining and mindblowing. As such, companies generally would rather take the safe route with hacks.

I'm not retarded like that other poster, but I also believe that Prisoners sucks balls.

Sicario wasn't anything special.

why do retards love villeneuve so much? i honestly just don't get it

Why is it awful?
Also if you base your whole experience of a movie on the ending alone, be aware that you are a weakminded individual who forms his opinion solely based on the peak-end rule

arrival wasnt that great

Why are you such a braindead turboautist?
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/why do retards love villeneuve so much/

I'm not sure any of his films are 10/10 all-time-classics, but I agree he's on the longest streak of uninterrupted kino in movie history.

Not the poster you're responding to, but I thought all of Prisoners was awful. The ending didn't stand out at all.

i really dont know, he really is one of the best directors of this time, im glad we are getting the oportunity to see his vision, his is going to be in the history books of film making for sure

t. pleb

It's probably his weakest, but still one of the best of the year, which says more about the industry...

You have autism

>Blade Runner: Best film of 2017
That would be Song to Song. Denis "Flavor Of The Month" Villenueve doesn't hold a candle to Malick.

If it's worse than Prisoners, then it must really suck.

God bless him. I hope Hollywood has enough trust in him to just kind of let him freely do what he wants to, like Christopher Nolan or Tarantino.

Just fund the guy. Let him do his thing.

Hasn't made a good film since Tree of Life desu

well is there a reason? OP could just go on mubi and search for 'nouvelle vague essentials' or something and he won't be a pleb anymore

Enemy was good, but it was not the best film of 2014

>Blade Runner: Best film of 2017
Eh I still think Dunkirk did better

But Song to Song is a great film.

>prisoners
was shit
>enemy
actually was great
>sicario
was shit
>arrival
wasn't too bad
>br2049
haven't seen it yet

VOYONS DONC DENIS!

Arrival is sappy shit for retards

Those movies are only slightly above average you nigger

Will he have the time to make something ready for the end of 2018?

Try watching more films than what you see being spammed on Sup Forums in between your memeing breaks.

>2017
>Harrison Ford actually trying

How did Villeneuve pull this off?

get out

Ah yes, but is he video game?

Well according to the ones praising 2049 because of its high score it is

hmmm...

Cocaine, and a young model that looks like Carrie Fisher in her prime

this, i hate him and his movies for reasons that are far too intellectual to be put into words

Like another user said, his movies make plebs feel smart and like they've seen something great/artistic. Like Nolan. BrBa. etc.

Mix in some long shots with sparse dialogue, "gritty feel" and super-seriousness, and the wannabe film buff's fedora starts tipping itself.

In his defense, Villenueve is not a big a hack as McQueen and Inarritu, although still very much a hack.

I thought most of the movie was great until they went full cheesy horror movie with that ending. It completely soured the experience for me

I fucking loved Sicario though

Hes a director without any style, vision or originality. You can see it best in Sicario, it was purely done by Deakins since you cant honestly tell it was directed by Villeneuve.

>First film to gross more than 5 billion at the box office
>Winner of 15 Academy Awards
>Ushers in a new golden age of Hollywood
>Score is a collaboration by Hans Zimmer and John Williams, declared the greatest of all time
>Release date is considered a global holiday
>Single-handedly causes alien species from around the galaxy to contact us congratulating mankind on its magnum opus
>Each species sends millions of its most sexually skilled members to personally fellatiate each and every member of the human race, as well as granting us the secrets of the universe
>In some grimy alleyway, Christopher Nolan lays dying of AIDS while the rest of us ascend to the 7th dimension

Reminder that hating Villeneuve's work makes you a contrarian.

And liking it makes you a plebeian.

Pick your poison.

Does this mean I have to like nu star wars?

Villeneuve is literally just Nolan without the talent

Maybe The Son.

Maybe try watching more than one film annually?

Thank you. Just thank you!

>Inarritu
He's just as bad as him now.

He said he’s taking a break for a while.

he literally has 3 projects in the works, how is that taking a break?

> Nolan without the talent
David Lynch but a little faggot

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

>Arrival: Best film of 2016
no

Want to feel really bad?
There are people, on this very site, who think Baby Driver is the best film of 2017.

But you're a huge fucking pleb

>I will never have a family

Arrival is a masturbatory piece of shit.
>omg it's like time is circular so it's like time travel but not really

This and Interstellar, reddit movies that 'get' science. I don't know where that trend came from. I blame Neil Tyson.

Sicario was brilliant though.

>Sicario: Best film of 2015
>Arrival: Best film of 2016
No

post your list, big guy ;)

reddit

nothing has touched this..

This is usually just shitposting memes but this guy is actually 100% correct right now
OP you're even wore than the average Sup Forums poster

this fucking hate the movie, the rest of his filmography is fine, the only real stand out ones are blade runner and sicario

it wasnt his best movie, i'd much rather have more movies like inception, memento and the prestige

>the only real stand out ones are blade runner and sicario
Yeah because they're deakins films not his

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

I think 2049 reached that level

Lmao

It's a decent enough movie but come on

Just finished watching Blade Runner and holy shit, if he can keep that level of quality up for his next films he'll be unstoppable

>Yeah because they're deakins films not his
Pretty much my feeling, Deakins has a much more impressive list of films than Denis.

Post top favorite contrarian.